Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,182 members, 7,880,686 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 02:29 AM

Babangida Warns Buhari Over Boko Haram - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Babangida Warns Buhari Over Boko Haram (325 Views)

New Commander Takes Over Boko Haram War / "Nigeria Will Prevail Over Boko Haram", President Buhari Assures. / Babangida To Saraki: 'I Will Do To You What Your Father Did To Me' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Babangida Warns Buhari Over Boko Haram by 6Ebisco: 9:00am On Apr 16, 2018
Former military president, General Ibrahim Badamosi Babangida (retd), has told the President Muhammadu Buhari-led administration to also use psychological and unconventional methods in fighting the Boko Haram insurgency in the North East.

Babangida gave this advice during an exclusive interview with Ladi Akeredolu-Ale on Channels Television.

IBB pointed out that it would be a mistake to use regular war tactics against the insurgents.

“What we tend to forget is that the insurgents have also got tacticians or people who think for them, and once they do that, then you have a problem.

“You have to find a way of countering that information they dish out,” he said.

Babangida added that government should embark on sensitisation campaigns in a bid to “dish out a lot of not so good information about the other people (terrorists) so that the populace will have confidence that no matter what happens, the military is there to protect them.”

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/04/babangida-warns-buhari-over-boko-haram.html

(1) (Reply)

Attack On Senate: How Two Senators Were Almost Kidnapped - Ekweremadu Opens Up / Youth Statement: Buhari Sees Nigeria From Tilted Glass. / Why I Was Promoted By Nigeria Police – Magu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.