Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,494 members, 7,964,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 03 October 2024 at 05:09 AM

Politicians Focus On Elections, I’m Bothered About Security, Economy- Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Politicians Focus On Elections, I’m Bothered About Security, Economy- Buhari (796 Views)

“Nigerians Are Angry” – Abdulsalami Abubakar Worried About Security Crisis / Buhari Campaign Slams US, Others Over Stance On Elections / Obasanjo & El-Rufai In Italy For Brenthurst Conference On Elections Monitoring (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Politicians Focus On Elections, I’m Bothered About Security, Economy- Buhari by boman2014: 5:31pm On Apr 16, 2018
The three-pronged focus of the current administration
resonated through the conversation, as President
Muhammadu Buhari held a bilateral meeting with
British Prime Minister, Theresa May today at 10,
Downing Street, London.

"We campaigned on three major issues, to secure the
country, revive the economy and fight corruption,”
said the President. “We have elections next year,
politicians are already preoccupied with the polls, but
I am bothered more about security and the economy,"
he stressed.

Recalling that Nigeria and Britain have a long history
of cooperation on several fronts, President Buhari
stated: "People ought to know how they arrived
where they are, if they would move forward. It was a
mistake for us to have stopped the teaching of
history as a subject in schools, but we are returning
it to the curriculum now."

He commended British companies like Unilever,
Cadbury, and many others, "who have stood with
Nigeria through thick and thin. Even when we fought
a Civil War, they never left.

"But like Oliver Twist , we ask for more investments.
We are encouraging more British companies to come
to Nigeria. We appreciate the support you have given
in training and equipping our military, particularly in
the war against insurgency, but we want to also
continue to work with you on trade and investment."
President Buhari briefed Prime Minister May on the
strides in agriculture, which he said has put Nigeria
firmly on the road to food self-sufficiency.

"I am very pleased with the successes in agriculture,"
he said, adding: "We have cut rice importation by
about 90%, made lots of savings of foreign
exchange, and generated employment. People had
rushed to the cities to get oil money, at the expense
of farming. But luckily, they are now going back to
the farms. Even professionals are going back to the
land. We are making steady progress on the road to
food security."

On education, President Buhari said more investment
was being made, because "people can look after
themselves if well educated. In this age of
technology, education is very important. We need
well-staffed and well-equipped institutions to move
into the next generation."

Climate change and environmental issues also came
up for discussion, and President Buhari brought up
the necessity of inter-basin water transfer from
Congo Basin to Lake Chad.

According to him: "The Lake Chad is now about 10%
of its original size, and it is perhaps one of the
reasons our youths dare both the Sahara Desert and
the Mediterranean, to get to Europe. But if there is
inter-basin water transfer, about 40 million people in
Nigeria, Niger, Cameroon, Chad, and other countries
stand to benefit. I made the case during the Climate
Change Summit in France. If Lake Chad is recharged,
it will reduce the number of youths coming to Europe
to increase social problems. We brought back about
4,000 people from Libya recently. Almost all of them
were below 30, and Libya was not their final
destination. They were headed to Europe."

Prime Minister May, in her remarks, said Britain
would continue to work with Nigeria in the areas of
training and equipping the military.

She was particular about abduction of young
schoolgirls by Boko Haram, noting that Britain would
continue to give Nigeria needed assistance.

The Prime Minister said the Buhari administration
has "been making good progress on the economy,"
and urged it to maintain the focus, despite
approaching elections, and increase in political
activities.

On education and climate change, she declared:
"Good grounding in education is good. It is important
to equip young people for today's world. It is also a
good bastion and defence against modern slavery.
The issue of the environment and climate change is
very important, because of its impact on many
countries in the Commonwealth. Stability at home is
important, to curb illegal migration."

Prime Minister May, who commended President
Buhari for the much he has been doing on improving
trade and business for Nigeria, noted that it was also
time to boost intra-Commonwealth trade.

http://punchng.com/politicians-preoccupied-with-elections-im-bothered-about-security-economy-buhari-tells-may/

1 Like

Re: Politicians Focus On Elections, I’m Bothered About Security, Economy- Buhari by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 5:40pm On Apr 16, 2018
Buhari is a bad joke.

Focused on security ? Is someone high on weed ?

1 Like

Re: Politicians Focus On Elections, I’m Bothered About Security, Economy- Buhari by Okoroawusa: 5:52pm On Apr 16, 2018
The best President Nigeria ever had

4 Likes

Re: Politicians Focus On Elections, I’m Bothered About Security, Economy- Buhari by SternProphet: 5:54pm On Apr 16, 2018
Buhari is going to change the face of the Nigerian Economy and Politics. And he is sooooo going to retire a whole generation of Nigerian politicians. It will be like Nolly wood movie

1 Like

Re: Politicians Focus On Elections, I’m Bothered About Security, Economy- Buhari by Daviddson(m): 5:58pm On Apr 16, 2018
Na wa o. This is like reporting to your oga. grin When is Theresa May going to come to Nigeria to tell us her own achievements?

1 Like

Re: Politicians Focus On Elections, I’m Bothered About Security, Economy- Buhari by powerkey: 6:04pm On Apr 16, 2018
Useless President
Re: Politicians Focus On Elections, I’m Bothered About Security, Economy- Buhari by Sagamaje(m): 6:08pm On Apr 16, 2018
powerkey:
Useless President

He his not useless bro; he is mad , unstable, bastard ,foolish, dullardino, nepotist, criminal, herdsman and evil. Allah will finish both him and his Media Cows by 2019

3 Likes

Re: Politicians Focus On Elections, I’m Bothered About Security, Economy- Buhari by tomakint: 6:11pm On Apr 16, 2018
This man is a big joke grin grin grin grin cheesy grin I can't believe what I am reading. You focused on security and economy yet Boko haram and their Fulani Herdsman partners in crime are still killing people like rams and goats everywhere, bombs are still blowing people to shreds while on the economic side, companies are laying off staff like kilode and the likes yet this funny man is talking of one yeye focus cheesy grin grin grin wink grin grin Kai Buhari

2 Likes

Re: Politicians Focus On Elections, I’m Bothered About Security, Economy- Buhari by fallout87: 6:45pm On Apr 16, 2018
Foolishness and lies.

Which jobs were created in agriculture? What progress has been made in the section? All Buhari and APC has done is unravel the structure Akinwumi Adesina put in place.

What economic growth is Buhari talking about? What security developments? People are getting killed and raped by a sect of his Fulani clanmen daily... yet he is saying he is working. The economy of Nigeria has gone back to the stone age.. yet he is saying he is working.

Working on what? Destroying every good thing remaining?

These scoundrels aren't serious.

3 Likes

Re: Politicians Focus On Elections, I’m Bothered About Security, Economy- Buhari by fallout87: 6:48pm On Apr 16, 2018
Daviddson:
Na wa o. This is like reporting to your oga. grin When is Theresa May going to come to Nigeria to tell us her own achievements?

Why won't he report to her and US? After all it was they who helped him come to power. It was they who had other agendas and wanted to oust GEJ for not towing their line and being a "good boy".

Buhari is a good boy. When his master's call to him to prostrate and tell them stories he will run quickly like a well trained dog.

1 Like

Re: Politicians Focus On Elections, I’m Bothered About Security, Economy- Buhari by debaj10: 7:30pm On Apr 16, 2018
Daviddson:
I'm filled with morbid fascination.
it's like watching a horror film.
everyone knows he'll lose his head, but he just keeps doing the same stupid thing.
I just taya...
Re: Politicians Focus On Elections, I’m Bothered About Security, Economy- Buhari by promise4040: 7:52pm On Apr 16, 2018
You Mean Buhari Said All These To Mrs May Offhand?? As Dull As He Is?? Only Apc Fools Will Believe This.

1 Like

Re: Politicians Focus On Elections, I’m Bothered About Security, Economy- Buhari by obonujoker(m): 8:01pm On Apr 16, 2018
When will this man talk to Nigeria in Nigeria During Obj and GEJ's tenure, we have televised presidential talks, and pple were able to ask questions, buh this man nothing.... or does Islam forbid it again?.
Re: Politicians Focus On Elections, I’m Bothered About Security, Economy- Buhari by debaj10: 8:08pm On Apr 16, 2018
obonujoker:
When will this man talk to Nigeria in Nigeria During Obj and GEJ's tenure, we have televised presidential talks, and pple were able to ask questions, buh this man nothing.... or does Islam forbid it again?.
bros, read d post b4 ur own to undastan d rizin
Re: Politicians Focus On Elections, I’m Bothered About Security, Economy- Buhari by gurunlocker: 8:14pm On Apr 16, 2018
Lol.... This man is a joke.

Dammit! How did we come to this? You're focusing one security and economy after how many years? Guess he forgot he just announced his reelection bid last week?

Sure that's what he want to use to convince his group of zombies this time...
Re: Politicians Focus On Elections, I’m Bothered About Security, Economy- Buhari by alohman(m): 8:21pm On Apr 16, 2018
Buhari said that one of his achievements is sending even professors to the farm. .OK how did you do it? I imposed hardship on them Buhari clap for yourself.

1 Like

Re: Politicians Focus On Elections, I’m Bothered About Security, Economy- Buhari by Omeokachie: 9:29pm On Apr 16, 2018
Buhari just lied to himself.

Out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaketh.
Re: Politicians Focus On Elections, I’m Bothered About Security, Economy- Buhari by saaron(m): 9:32pm On Apr 16, 2018
Just like he was worried about security and economy in 1983 before he was sent packing by IBB in 1985 for destroying Nigeria.
Re: Politicians Focus On Elections, I’m Bothered About Security, Economy- Buhari by progress69: 10:03pm On Apr 16, 2018
Just look at comments ...
And u want sensible people to remain on a forum filled with hateful intellectually lazy kids. .
Re: Politicians Focus On Elections, I’m Bothered About Security, Economy- Buhari by mustmust(m): 9:08am On Apr 17, 2018
Buhari keep lying out there ok... you will not only come back and meet us but will also meet us at the polls

Does he even know he is the commander-in-chief of the Armed Forces of the Federal Republic of Nigeria?

Keep saying nonsense that the men quadaffi abi na gadaffi armed is causing mayhem in your country.
Re: Politicians Focus On Elections, I’m Bothered About Security, Economy- Buhari by Adekdammy: 9:12am On Apr 17, 2018
Yet your are scoring f in both your core courses, you dont need to resit the courses just withdraw and thank us later.

(1) (Reply)

Did Atiku Abubakar Commit Any Crime That Prevents Him From Entering USA? / Ekiti APC Primary: Olumilua, Adebayo Lead 2,326 Delegates As Voting Commences / Women Going Unclad To Protest Against Governor Dickson In Bayelsa: Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.