Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,140 members, 7,949,933 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 11:54 PM

75-Year-Old Jerry Useni Wants To Be Governor Again After 34 Years - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 75-Year-Old Jerry Useni Wants To Be Governor Again After 34 Years (35442 Views)

Jeremiah Useni's Rice Company In Plateau (Photos) / Jeremiah Useni Wins PDP Governorship Primaries In Plateau State / Why Does Kayode Fayemi Want To Be Governor Again? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 75-Year-Old Jerry Useni Wants To Be Governor Again After 34 Years by Sparkle777(f): 3:17pm On Apr 17, 2018
Haba, this is too old naa.
A man that was governor when most of us were not yet born,coming out to still be governor again. Just not right.

1 Like

Re: 75-Year-Old Jerry Useni Wants To Be Governor Again After 34 Years by wink2015(m): 3:23pm On Apr 17, 2018
HOW MANY PEOPLE KNOW WHY LT. GENERAL JEREMIAH USENI ( RTD ) WAS REFERRED TO OR NICKNAMED "JERRY BOY"

I do not know exactly why! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

But someone out there said General Useni was called "JERRY BOY" basically for his UNALLOYED LOYALTY TO THE MILITARY JUNTA THAT HE SERVED UNDER especially the General Abacha regime.

Many thought he could have use his good office and military senior position to upset his Boss, possibly stage a military coup or just resign from the military and go to self-imposed exiled and then join the OPPOSITION e.g NADECO

BUT "JERRY BOY" WAS VERY LOYAL TO THE MILITARY JUNTA. Infact, he showed unalloyed loyalty right from when Gen Abacha was alive to the last days when he was dropped by a new kid in the block General Abdulsalami Abubakar ( former military head of state )

SO LT. GENERAL JEREMIAH USENI WAS A VERY LOYAL OFFICER THAT IS WHY THEY CALL HIM "JERRY BOY "

HE WAS AN ABACHA BOY

I think the sad point of this General life was when he lost his dear and lovely wife and son in a fatal plane crash.

THE THEN "BENDEL STATE" Which Gen. Useni served as military governor is now split to Edo state and Delta state of which they still remember him as one of their amiable military governor.

I WISH LT. GENERAL JEREMIAH USENI THE VERY BEST.

But this man is aging fast like Buhari can't we get more younger men in Plateau state. He wants to compete for records with former military governor/civilian governor, Jonah Jang.
Re: 75-Year-Old Jerry Useni Wants To Be Governor Again After 34 Years by talk2percy(m): 3:26pm On Apr 17, 2018
Fire fire fire burn them! All these brood of old and wicked vipers!
Re: 75-Year-Old Jerry Useni Wants To Be Governor Again After 34 Years by Nofav0rs(m): 3:26pm On Apr 17, 2018
Lexusgs430:

The geriatrics are overthrowing.......
lol
Re: 75-Year-Old Jerry Useni Wants To Be Governor Again After 34 Years by Nofav0rs(m): 3:27pm On Apr 17, 2018
SweetPuffPuff:
ok. And? There are simply too many older politicians at times it seems its required to get anywhere politically . I think its a problem
The age range of political office holders in the US is not any better than it is in Nigeria
Re: 75-Year-Old Jerry Useni Wants To Be Governor Again After 34 Years by Daddyboy101(m): 3:28pm On Apr 17, 2018
You don't mean it...well I don't blame him... Since Bubu has decided to contest again who won't he ''
Re: 75-Year-Old Jerry Useni Wants To Be Governor Again After 34 Years by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 3:28pm On Apr 17, 2018
renewa29:
Jerry Boy better than Dan Daura, never.

On another note people really don't know what it means to be Nigerian president. Yes you have power, but you have to deal with the power blocs and vested interests who hold Nigeria to ransom. GEJ, we complained about his style, Buhari, we are complaining, Yaradua, we were complaining, Obasanjo was the beginning of our complaints. Why don't we look inward and realize that we ourselves, as a people are responsible for stopping the system from working.

People complain about nepotism. Same people who shunt at queues and lie over the minutest detail just to get a regular service. The average Nigerian will gladly enrich himself corruptly, until he is caught he will go around without a conscience and without shame. So if the bottom is rotten, how can the top be clean ?

We need to look at ourselves, and ask why we seem to be the biggest hypocritical nation in Africa.

Please stop saying what you don't know.

Leadership begins with leaders. Leaders are supposed to break the negative cycles in society. Leaders are supposed to make promises and keep them. Blaming the followers for elite and institutional corrupt in a nation is disingenuous.

We don't need to "look at ourselves" that is the distraction of insincere leaders similar to the "change behind with me" rubbish of Buhari.

If the citizens can't get what they want because the system is corrupted then they have to cut corners. Simple sociology. I cannot be the policeman controlling traffic, the bureacrat in the office, the attendant at the filing station, and the immigration agent at the same time. I pay my taxes so that people are employed to do this.

Maybe your country is made up of hypocrites, but the Nigeria I see objectively is made up of people who are trying to get by.
Stop insulting 200 million people because you won't think deeply.
Re: 75-Year-Old Jerry Useni Wants To Be Governor Again After 34 Years by Navalsadiq(m): 3:34pm On Apr 17, 2018
These old man is not even ashamed of him self.what sort of general is these. Is gej running to become a vice president
Re: 75-Year-Old Jerry Useni Wants To Be Governor Again After 34 Years by engrjacuzzi: 3:35pm On Apr 17, 2018
our electoral system needs serious overhauling I mean to say. most of the people ruling us, ruled three to four decades ago and are still hungry for power and position.

at 70+ years of age, to me doesn't mean such a man is too big to rest at home and give a chance to the youths who are supposed to be leaders of tomorrow. a sitting president is nursing a second term, a former vice is vying for the position, past khaki and looters are vying for position.... too bad

what happened to our youth? does it mean there are no credible Youths in Nigeria? have the Youths of today lost vision? do the Youths still sleep and dream of "leaders of tomorrow ".... we are the only change to being a better Nigerian.
Re: 75-Year-Old Jerry Useni Wants To Be Governor Again After 34 Years by Celsony: 3:39pm On Apr 17, 2018
Oga goan rest make others do the work of governance for you. Shey na only you dey naija?
Re: 75-Year-Old Jerry Useni Wants To Be Governor Again After 34 Years by aalangel(f): 3:39pm On Apr 17, 2018
He left his ancestors behind in Government House Plateau state, he wants to go and pick them...
Re: 75-Year-Old Jerry Useni Wants To Be Governor Again After 34 Years by Fitnessman(m): 3:40pm On Apr 17, 2018
Wonders shall never end oo
Re: 75-Year-Old Jerry Useni Wants To Be Governor Again After 34 Years by thunderbabs: 3:47pm On Apr 17, 2018
Sebi the Plateau state residents are mumu undecided

Mk dey vote am na
Re: 75-Year-Old Jerry Useni Wants To Be Governor Again After 34 Years by Nobody: 3:52pm On Apr 17, 2018
renewa29:

On another note people really don't know what it means to be Nigerian president. Yes you have power, but you have to deal with the power blocs and vested interests who hold Nigeria to ransom. GEJ, we complained about his style, Buhari, we are complaining, Yaradua, we were complaining, Obasanjo was the beginning of our complaints. Why don't we look inward and realize that we ourselves, as a people are responsible for stopping the system from working.

People complain about nepotism. Same people who shunt at queues and lie over the minutest detail just to get a regular service. The average Nigerian will gladly enrich himself corruptly, until he is caught he will go around without a conscience and without shame. So if the bottom is rotten, how can the top be clean ?

We need to look at ourselves, and ask why we seem to be the biggest hypocritical nation in Africa.
I have come to realise that we will always complain without first doing anything for ourselves. You see all these ones always cursing here, they think a change of government in 2019 will solve their problems. How myopic. Clowns who defend past government officials being tried for corruption. Clowns who bemoan poor education in the country but were full of complaints and condemntion when El rufai tried to disrupt the system in Kaduna. Clowns who agree there is corruption in the Judiciary but were all curses when judges were arrested and it goes on and on. These same clowns in their myopia would rather bring the former government ack to power just so they can have a bag of rice back at 8k

1 Like

Re: 75-Year-Old Jerry Useni Wants To Be Governor Again After 34 Years by ogbonti: 4:05pm On Apr 17, 2018
cyborg123:
angry
We the electorates ought to resolve never to vote anyone above 45 years. Na only them waka come?

45 years na old man now abi? grin
Re: 75-Year-Old Jerry Useni Wants To Be Governor Again After 34 Years by Nobody: 4:05pm On Apr 17, 2018
Nofav0rs:
The age range of political office holders in the US is not any better than it is in Nigeria
again. So? Its still a problem
Re: 75-Year-Old Jerry Useni Wants To Be Governor Again After 34 Years by emperormossad(m): 4:12pm On Apr 17, 2018
Please sir more power to your elbow as you seek the position of governor of plateau state. Afterall we have people with 'classified' ages running for electoral positions.
Sir, age is just a number. Chance all those people calling themselves youths and enthrone yourself. All the best sir.
Re: 75-Year-Old Jerry Useni Wants To Be Governor Again After 34 Years by Nofav0rs(m): 4:17pm On Apr 17, 2018
SweetPuffPuff:
again. So? Its still a problem
Bugger off
Re: 75-Year-Old Jerry Useni Wants To Be Governor Again After 34 Years by 2T215: 4:23pm On Apr 17, 2018
Jos people know what they are looking out for. They might prefer an Ex-general who would be able to deal with the menace of Libyan-Fulani Herdsmen than have a young man with little or no idea of safety and security of the state being their governor. I wont be surprised seeing another retired general contesting in Benue. Aren't we at war?

enlady:
This is a joke. Pdp seems comatose on the plateau. I foresee Lalong and APC coasting to victory with a landslide
Re: 75-Year-Old Jerry Useni Wants To Be Governor Again After 34 Years by hysteriabox(m): 4:30pm On Apr 17, 2018
treasure2:

https://newtelegraphonline.com/2018/04/useni-a-come-back-bid-after-34yrs/

God forbid bad thing.
This old hag rule which Plateau?? This won't happen. Am sure his money ll be well collected. All he embezzled with Abacha ll be collected without any votes in return. Nonsense.
Re: 75-Year-Old Jerry Useni Wants To Be Governor Again After 34 Years by enlady(f): 4:32pm On Apr 17, 2018
I am not a fan of Lalong/APC. I will be very glad to see him defeated but I am trying to be realistic. With what I see on ground, the opposition is not yet serious

2T215:
Jos people know what they are looking out for. They might prefer an Ex-general who would be able to deal with the menace of Libyan-Fulani Herdsmen than have a young man with little or no idea of safety and security of the state being their governor. I wont be surprised seeing another retired general contesting in Benue. Aren't we at war?

Re: 75-Year-Old Jerry Useni Wants To Be Governor Again After 34 Years by cyborg123(m): 4:40pm On Apr 17, 2018
ogbonti:

45 years na old man now abi? grin
grin
See when these babas enter government na and yet they don't want to leave.
Re: 75-Year-Old Jerry Useni Wants To Be Governor Again After 34 Years by grandstar(m): 4:57pm On Apr 17, 2018
The man no dey take woman play.

He might be broke but I doubt it
Re: 75-Year-Old Jerry Useni Wants To Be Governor Again After 34 Years by Nobody: 5:02pm On Apr 17, 2018
treasure2:

https://newtelegraphonline.com/2018/04/useni-a-come-back-bid-after-34yrs/

If Bubu can become a president with nepa bill, Governor na small thing nah. Useni can use ESWAMA waterproof to become president.
Re: 75-Year-Old Jerry Useni Wants To Be Governor Again After 34 Years by overboard(m): 5:16pm On Apr 17, 2018
renewa29:

Zobo or Orijin?
Re: 75-Year-Old Jerry Useni Wants To Be Governor Again After 34 Years by Printerscanner: 5:51pm On Apr 17, 2018
Omeokachie:
Hypocrisy is when you support Buhari but lampoon Useni.

Madness is when you support TY Useni but pick up arms against Buhari saying Buhari is too to lead.
Re: 75-Year-Old Jerry Useni Wants To Be Governor Again After 34 Years by Pat081: 6:07pm On Apr 17, 2018
pmc01:
Why not!

The idiots who should be giving him a run for his money are busy analyzing BBN.
100% right
Re: 75-Year-Old Jerry Useni Wants To Be Governor Again After 34 Years by Pat081: 6:09pm On Apr 17, 2018
I always read my quotes 10times before posting because I'm scared of these unemployed teachers here n dey re crying dat dey want youth to do it wen all dis old man dis dey alive only God will help dem to gtdia
Re: 75-Year-Old Jerry Useni Wants To Be Governor Again After 34 Years by nex(m): 7:00pm On Apr 17, 2018
If Buhari can do it, Jerry Boy can do it. Go daddy, go daddy, go!

I'm surprised Yakubu Gowon hasn't tried to come back as President.
Re: 75-Year-Old Jerry Useni Wants To Be Governor Again After 34 Years by akum78: 8:04pm On Apr 17, 2018
GO BACK
Re: 75-Year-Old Jerry Useni Wants To Be Governor Again After 34 Years by mikolo80: 9:41pm On Apr 17, 2018
renewa29:

Nigerians have failed their nation too. Nigerian Pledge: I pledge to Nigeria my country, to be faithful, loyal and honest, to serve Nigeria with all my strength, to defend her unity,and uphold her honor and glory, so help me God.

@the bolded Police will catch you for wandering in your country, is that the F.G's fault ? They can cook up false charges against you and lock you up for trivial reasons, isn't the policeman a person first before his office ?
Police I.G disobeyed the President's directive, is that not insubordination ?
Attorney General's office almost paid a group of lawyers for doing nothing and the minister of Finance blocked this transaction, did she ask for any medal ?
Yes survival of the fittest, this should happen in a jungle with animals. Not in a country, with men and women.
men and women ARE animals.
we just pretend cos we stand upright and have opposable thumbs
limbic system still same
Re: 75-Year-Old Jerry Useni Wants To Be Governor Again After 34 Years by mikolo80: 9:46pm On Apr 17, 2018
enlady:
This is a joke. Pdp seems comatose on the plateau. I foresee Lalong and APC coasting to victory with a landslide
so you actually beleive pdp can survive without loot and federal might

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Abubakar Abu Giza Stripped Naked, Molested In Nasarawa / Ijele Speaks Detained For Accusing Evangelist Ebuka Obi Of Fake Miracles / LG Autonomy: Supreme Court decision, an assault on true federalism - James Ibori

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.