Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,301 members, 7,950,534 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 04:02 PM

Oluwo Of Iwo Shares Photo Of Olubadan Of Ibadan In Turban - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oluwo Of Iwo Shares Photo Of Olubadan Of Ibadan In Turban (741 Views)

Pictures Of The New Palace Of Olubadan Of Ibadan / Two ‘Next-In-Lines’ That Never Became Olubadan Of Ibadan In Recent Years / Body Of Olubadan Saliu Adetunji Arrives Palace, To Be Buried Today (Video, Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oluwo Of Iwo Shares Photo Of Olubadan Of Ibadan In Turban by WotzupNG: 11:30am On Apr 17, 2018
Oluwo of Iwo, Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi has shared a picture of the Olubadan of Ibadan in Turban to prove that he’s not the first Southwest Oba to be seen in public dressed like that. He also shared a quote from the Olofa of Offa who made it known that Turbaning of Muslim Obas is nothing new as he wonders why the case of the Oluwo of Iwo is causing so much buzz.

The quote reads:

”Olubadan of Ibadan in turban “I don’t go to Mosque and Jumat with crown. I’m used to turban while going for Solat and Jumat and other Islamic occasions. Turbaning by Muslim Obas is not new. Even, it is one of our primary responsibilities to lead prayer in Mosque and Church. But I don’t know why people still make noise about yours”. Olofa of Offa”.

In an earlier post, Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi denied changing his title from Oba to Emir. He blamed the media for such perception stating that they are only trying to sell their papers.

”Nobody ever said he’s changing from Oba to Emir …. I am Oluwo of Iwoland and if you listen to media that wants to use my name to sell their papers …. I can’t help you . #okiki timo ni yi koito Edumare…. Bami wami si Edumare ….
Telu of the world
Alashe Lori Orisha
A Natural Paramount Ruler in Yorubaland”.

https://www.wotzup.ng/oluwo-iwo-olubadan-ibadan-turban/

lalasticlala seun

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo Shares Photo Of Olubadan Of Ibadan In Turban by dafeyankee: 11:35am On Apr 17, 2018
Disgrace of an Oba.

We have seen a Yahoo boy bark on video. We just saw another video of a Yahoo boy running mad in Lekki, so my question is when will it be the turn of this Yahoo Oba?
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo Shares Photo Of Olubadan Of Ibadan In Turban by IdeyFindWife: 11:57am On Apr 17, 2018
Slaves justifying their chains and worshipping their taskmasters. Just hilarious!

Point of correction:
The Yahoo chief created the controversy arguing his right to be turbaned as an Emir, it wasn't about him observing just a religious ceremony. This turbaned f00l leading his mumu pple into cultural suicide?!

Wonder why is always all the dysfunctionally hopeless imbeciles with memory retention issues that get to lead governance in Nigeria.

They're always recanting, denying, rephrasing or lying about facts they put out in public space APC style? Shey na planned work?
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo Shares Photo Of Olubadan Of Ibadan In Turban by dafeyankee: 12:02pm On Apr 17, 2018
IdeyFindWife:
Slaves justifying their chains and worshipping their taskmasters. Just hilarious!

Point of correction:
The Yahoo chief created the controversy arguing his right to be turbaned as an Emir, it wasn't about him observing just a religious ceremony. This turbaned f00l leading his mumu pple into cultural suicide?!

Wonder why is always all the dysfunctionally hopeless imbeciles with memory retention issues that get to lead governance in Nigeria.

They're always recanting, denying, rephrasing or lying about facts they put out in public space APC style? Shey na planned work?

Bros take am easy with the grammar,because the english is just too much.

You fit break am down in pidgin?

(1) (Reply)

25 Most Popular Igbo Masquerades / See The Big Masquerades I Spotted In Nsukka Enugu State / Ewi Of Ado-ekiti Debunks Death Rumour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.