Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,653 members, 7,889,120 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 11:47 PM

Exclusive: Gen Diya's Son, Col Sola Invades Estate, Attack Women, Children - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Exclusive: Gen Diya's Son, Col Sola Invades Estate, Attack Women, Children (2591 Views)

MARRIAGE IS UNDER ATTACK WOMEN LEARN FROM THIS MISTAKE / 2023: Why Afenifere Is Supporting Obi, Not Tinubu _ Sola Ebiseni / What Is The Difference Between The Exclusive And Concurrent List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Exclusive: Gen Diya's Son, Col Sola Invades Estate, Attack Women, Children by IROHINOodua: 1:41pm On Apr 17, 2018
Exclusive: Gen Diya's son, Col Sola invades estate, attack women, children

Gen Diya’s son, Col Sola invades estate, attack women, children
By Oluwole Awe
Scores of armed soldiers led by son of the former Chief of Defense Staff, General Oladipo Diya on Monday evening left several people wounded after a two-hour invasion of the Greenland Estate locate in Lagos. Residents told our correspondent on Monday evening that the soldiers acted with impunity and met entreaties with unrestrained violence.
The soldiers who came in a Hilux van backed by a black jeep were led by one Col. Sola Diya who is the Chief Security Officer, (CSO) of 9th Brigade, Ikeja Cantonment. Hundreds of residents including children coming from schools and workers returning home were stranded and molested at the security gate as the soldiers shot sporadically followed by horsewhip of residents, including married women. Two Muslim women had their Hijab torn into shreds by the rampaging soldiers. On their way back after the siege, residents of Mende reported that the soldiers stripped two men naked for obstructing their way.
Security men guarding the estate were asked to lie down while the soldiers marched on them in turns, hitting them with gun butts. On grief-stricken old woman said the soldiers took away her telephone and her purse containing some cash.
‘It was like a war scene. I came back from work to see the entire area cordoned off. The soldiers led by Gen Diya’s son pounced on passersby. They attacked men and women. Children were wailing. One school bus with little children was attacked by the soldiers. Two veiled Muslim women were attacked and their veil tore into shreds,” a resident, Mr John Achenu told our correspondent. He said the Col demonstrated the highest form of indiscipline unexpected of a soldier.
He said “He was extremely violent. He was contemptuous of the military as an institution. I walked up to him. I told him his actions were disrespectful of President Mohammadu Buhari and the military. He slapped me, kicked me down and asked me to eat sand. He hit my head with a pistol. I think he is not from a good home. His training at home and in the military is very poor. He is a disgrace to the military profession.”
Another woman who does not wish to be named said the soldiers asked her to lie down inspite of her pregnancy. “They pointed their guns at me. They asked me to lie on my chest. I pleaded but they attacked me. I think this man has no respect for the government he serves. His action has portrayed the army in extremely bad light and it’s a terrible signal for the image of President Buhari. What do they expect the over 10,000 voters in this estate to think of the current government?”
Sources told our correspondent that General Diya, Col Sola’s father has a block of 12 flats in the estate. The source said the houses have been converted to brothels where suspected drug addicts, hooligans, criminals and crooks hibernate all night. The source said Col Diya is found of using the hostels as a meeting point for many of his mistress and that the residents have made series of complaints without any action taken by the family. Some residents of the Estate said they would send a petition to the military authorities on the misconduct of the soldiers.
Re: Exclusive: Gen Diya's Son, Col Sola Invades Estate, Attack Women, Children by dafeyankee: 1:47pm On Apr 17, 2018
This is what I know.

They should write a petition and in person give it to the Brigadier in Charge of Ikeja Cantonment.

He is an Idoma man and a no nonsense person. I am very certain he knows nothing about this.

Step one: Write a petition against the Colonel.

Step 2: Go to the Ikeja Cantonment Gate and ask for directions to the Military Police Office and tell them you want to file a complaint.

Step 3: The MP Office is close to the 9th Brigade HQ. Ask to drop a petition too or to speak to the Cantonment Commander .

1 Like

Re: Exclusive: Gen Diya's Son, Col Sola Invades Estate, Attack Women, Children by pyyxxaro: 2:19pm On Apr 17, 2018
Unknown soldier

Send him and his troops to book haram let's see how long he wud last

Baga lizard embarassed
Re: Exclusive: Gen Diya's Son, Col Sola Invades Estate, Attack Women, Children by sirgalahad26(m): 6:36pm On Apr 17, 2018
wetin i fit talk sef?, this is dumbfounding!

(1) (Reply)

Building A New Lagos / How To Delete A Topic You Started / How Can I Use Samsung Chat222 As Modem To Browse On My Computer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.