Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,728 members, 7,933,025 topics. Date: Tuesday, 27 August 2024 at 05:24 PM

Sanusi In Tears; Says Reforms Are Not A Northern Agenda! - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanusi In Tears; Says Reforms Are Not A Northern Agenda! (9223 Views)

Osinbajo Visits Emir Sanusi In His Palace -.PICS / Emir Of Kano Sanusi In Mecca For Pilgrimage (photos) / Emir Sanusi In Tears, Says Leaders will pay for their deeds (PHOTO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanusi In Tears; Says Reforms Are Not A Northern Agenda! by edoyad(m): 8:22am On May 16, 2010
Gordon Brown with a Phd. in history and 5 years as shadow minister was still considered as unsuitable for the job of chancellor of exchequer, he still held the job for ten years and England experienced considerable growth in that period.

You cannot come here and tell us banks in America and the Uk also had a rough time last year so we shouldn't expect Nigeria to be different. Thing is most of the Western world was in recession last year while Nigeria had a GDP growth of almost 7%. Sub saharan Africa on the whole didn't do too badly except for south-Africa which had about two bad quarters, but even there the banks came out with good results.

In Nigeria anything goes, that's why a pharmacist is Information minister, we've had political lobbyists become Aviation and transport ministers. The result of this is :
1. While countries like Ghana, Ethiopia and Kenya have national carriers Nigeria doesn't.
2. Rail services, an integral part of economic growth is totally absent.
3. Poor information management system in the country.

I'm one of those that will go to hell and back to support what befell Cecilia and co but i also can't deny the fact that Sanusi shouldn't be the one doing the job.
Re: Sanusi In Tears; Says Reforms Are Not A Northern Agenda! by Nobody: 8:49am On May 16, 2010
going by the arguments of the likes of paddl lo and davidif, i sincerely hope they are not posting from computers running windows - i mean - what business does a college dropout have with building the largest software maker in the world?

education can only take you so far.

soludo's phd and 'qualifications' did not imbue him with the character to do the right thing - he sat back and watched as ceos looted depositors funds.
Re: Sanusi In Tears; Says Reforms Are Not A Northern Agenda! by bawomolo(m): 8:56am On May 16, 2010
oyb:

going by the arguments of the likes of paddl lo and davidif, i sincerely hope they are not posting from computers running windows - i mean - what business does a college dropout have with building the largest software maker in the world?

soludo's phd and 'qualifications' did not imbue him with the character to do the right thing - he sat back and watched as ceos looted depositors funds.

nigerians love titles, you aint shiiiit unless you have dr/engr/barrister by your name.
Re: Sanusi In Tears; Says Reforms Are Not A Northern Agenda! by mojojojo(m): 9:32am On May 16, 2010
Whatever degree he earned, he was able to rise up to become MD at first bank and an expert in risk management. Education is just a stepping stone, experience and skills are what really matter.
Soludo was an excellent CBN governor but he was an academic. Because of this he was only able to see the big picture and come up with reforms that were academically sound and effective. Capitalisation of the banks was very beneficial. However he was not a banker and neglected to scrutinise the details of everyday banking and the CEO's were able to take him for a ride.Soludo used the CBN as a policy making institution.
Sanusi on the other hand is a banker through and through. His reforms are more specific and he has steered the CBN into a more regulatory and supervisory role.
Re: Sanusi In Tears; Says Reforms Are Not A Northern Agenda! by paddylo1(m): 9:35am On May 16, 2010
Whatever degree he earned, he was able to rise up to become MD at first bank and an expert in risk management

In Nigeria much of that rise is usually due to nepotism and useless connections. . .
U really think in a competitive bank he could have risen without d need to get a masters degree?

Hell even first class students find it hard to get gainful employment in Nigeria sometime,
so spare me trhat talk of rise to become crap
Re: Sanusi In Tears; Says Reforms Are Not A Northern Agenda! by edoyad(m): 9:49am On May 16, 2010
Phd. has a global standard and is not a Nigerian thing. Go to anywhere in world, Trevor Manuel in South Africa to even Ghana, you just don't bring someone in from anywhere cos they've distinguished themselves in business- which Sanusi didn't do by the way.
If you're bringing people who've distinguished themselves then we'd be hearing Coscharis, Dangote, Okoya et al.
Becoming head of such economic institutions is a totally different ball game from growing a business if not people like Oprah, P. Diddy and Jay Z would be contenders to become chairman of the Federal reserve
Re: Sanusi In Tears; Says Reforms Are Not A Northern Agenda! by UpBendel(m): 9:50am On May 16, 2010
paddy_lo:

In Nigeria much of that rise is usually due to nepotism and useless connections. . .
U really think in a competitive bank he could have risen without d need to get a masters degree?

Hell even first class students find it hard to get gainful employment in Nigeria sometime,

Nna

Your arguments are getting scarier by the minute and I am going to suggest that even you are confused on what your stance is on this issue.  Additionally, to address your last comment, this is the precise issue that we all have been trying to highlight and make people like you understand, that our "first class students find it hard to get gainful employment in Nigeria" because of these sort of behavior.
Re: Sanusi In Tears; Says Reforms Are Not A Northern Agenda! by otokx(m): 10:10am On May 16, 2010
Did i almost miss the party? We Nigerians love evil and short cuts. We celebrate criminals like IBRU and AKINGBOLA not forgetting the harm those guys did. Freedom is never got on a platter of gold. Some things just have to give.
Re: Sanusi In Tears; Says Reforms Are Not A Northern Agenda! by vizion: 10:14am On May 16, 2010
oyb:

Tell me brother -would Bill Gates hire another college drop out to be the head of microsoft??
Re: Sanusi In Tears; Says Reforms Are Not A Northern Agenda! by UpBendel(m): 10:16am On May 16, 2010
otokx:

Did i almost miss the party? We Nigerians love evil and short cuts. We celebrate criminals like IBRU and AKINGBOLA not forgetting the harm those guys did. Freedom is never got on a platter of gold. Some things just have to give.

Dude

You have not missed anything at all.  Same story, same denial, different thread.
Re: Sanusi In Tears; Says Reforms Are Not A Northern Agenda! by UpBendel(m): 10:18am On May 16, 2010
vizion:

Tell me brother -would Bill Gates hire another college drop out to be the head of microsoft??

Why not??
Re: Sanusi In Tears; Says Reforms Are Not A Northern Agenda! by vizion: 10:21am On May 16, 2010
otokx:

oga the bone of contention here is not  the treatment given to IBRU and AKINGBOLA .

Rather it is that Sanusi does not have want it takes to become the CBN governor.
Re: Sanusi In Tears; Says Reforms Are Not A Northern Agenda! by paddylo1(m): 10:25am On May 16, 2010
Nna

Your arguments are getting scarier by the minute and I am going to suggest that even you are confused on what your stance is on this issue.  Additionally, to address your last comment, this is the precise issue that we all have been trying to highlight and make people like you understand, that our "first class students find it hard to get gainful employment in Nigeria" because of these sort of behavior.

What sort of behavior exactly?

is it the sort that has made banks retrench 20,000 workers since Sanusi came in with his reforms?
is it the sort of behavior that gives positions to unqualified ppl just because the man is a fulani man or has the right religious connection?

Pls educate me further because the type of nepotism that got Sanusi his job is exactly why Nigerian First class graduates cant get employed in places like NNPC
or u forgot the recent revelation that Rilwan lukman was filling NNPC posts with ppl from only kano and katsina state?

Pls if u dont have a better arguement dont even start. . . . .
The idea of getting the best man for the job,seems to me that it shouldnt be controversial
I dont know why we are having this arguement. . .
Next time u want to go get a job in StanBic IBTC bank,GTB or Citibank tell them u have an islamic degree from sudan
and see how far u will go
Re: Sanusi In Tears; Says Reforms Are Not A Northern Agenda! by vizion: 10:41am On May 16, 2010
UpBendel:

Why not??

there is a common saying that "person no fit do more than wetin him sabi"

the filling of important positions in Nigeria has led to a situation where "symptoms" are treated while the "ailment" is getting for servere.

take as an example the recent directive that all sim cards should be registered in othert o prevent crimes
Re: Sanusi In Tears; Says Reforms Are Not A Northern Agenda! by otokx(m): 10:43am On May 16, 2010
SANUSI has all it takes to lead the CBN; the jobs lost was an inevitability.  In the first place they were just phantom employments and bogus remunerations.
Re: Sanusi In Tears; Says Reforms Are Not A Northern Agenda! by UpBendel(m): 10:46am On May 16, 2010
paddy_lo:

What sort of behavior exactly?

is it the sort that has made banks retrench 20,000 workers since Sanusi came in with his reforms?
is it the sort of behavior that gives positions to unqualified ppl just because the man is a fulani man or has the right religious connection?

Pls educate me further because the type of nepotism that got Sanusi his job is exactly why Nigerian First class graduates cant get employed in places like NNPC
or u forgot the recent revelation that Rilwan lukman was filling NNPC posts with ppl from only kano and katsina state?

Pls if u dont have a better arguement dont even start. . . . .
The idea of getting the best man for the job,seems to me that it shouldnt be controversial
I dont know why we are having this arguement. . .
Next time u want to go get a job in StanBic IBTC bank,GTB or Citibank tell them u have an islamic degree from sudan
and see how far u will go

We hired a PM recently not based on what we saw on her resume but based on her can-do attitude and the drive to search for solutions for challenges and problems we had or thought we might have.  In order words, she had a vision and she knew how/what/where to go about materializing that vision.  Whether she was black, green, Asian, or Alien was of no relevance.

That aside, I am now totally convinced that you just throw things out there without really evaluating their relevance.  The 20000 workers you mentioned did not lose their jobs as a result of Sanusi's actions - WE ARE IN A RECESSION.  EVERYONE AND THEIR BABY MAMA IS LOSING THEIR JOBS.  THE BANKS DO NOT HAVE ANY MONEY.  EVEN THE BANKS IN THE USA ARE NOT LENDING TO ANYBODY.  IF THEY ARE NOT LENDING TO THEIR OWN WHY WOULD THEY LEND TO NIGERIAN BANKS?!  THE LIKES OF THE IBORIS, IBRUS, AND AKINGBOLAS HAVE ALSO CONTRIBUTED IN NO SMALL WAY TO EXPEDITE THE NIGERIAN VERSION OF THE RECESSION.

Once again, it does not take Albert Einstein to decipher what Sanusi has done and we do not have a system or mechanism in place that would warrant some of the suggestions that you lot are throwing around.  Heck, we don't even have good leaders.  I take consolation in the fact that the generation behind us are closely monitoring what we are doing and/or supposed to be doing.  They see what their counterparts are doing in other parts of the world and it is only a matter of time before that is copied in Nigeria.

Truth be told, we all know that ours is not a transparent society and we seriously lack any accountability.  Perhaps our failing is that we air our laundry not realizing that the whole world is watching and listening.  In case that last comment does not make sense to you, it is relevant because we now live in a global society.  Nairaland is a microcosm of that representation - we in the States can interchange ideas with those in London, and those in Nigeria.  And the world is watching.
Re: Sanusi In Tears; Says Reforms Are Not A Northern Agenda! by UpBendel(m): 10:47am On May 16, 2010
vizion:

there is a common saying that "person no fit do more than wetin him sabi"

the filling of important positions in Nigeria has led to a situation where "symptoms" are treated while the "ailment" is getting for servere.

take as an example the recent directive that all sim cards should be registered in othert o prevent crimes

My God!!
Re: Sanusi In Tears; Says Reforms Are Not A Northern Agenda! by davidif: 10:55am On May 16, 2010
i mean - what business does a college dropout have with building the largest software maker in the world?

upbendel,
What a terrible, TERRRIBLE COMPARISON. You are comparing apples with oranges. Anyone can be an entrepreneur without any education but not everybody can be central bank governor. Its like putting me in charge of brain surgery.

Now back to the issue at hand. In politics they say good intentions are not enough but its your actions that matter. Maybe Sanusi had good intentions but he didn't execute properly. Yes he went after the Cecilla's and co. (that's not his job, its that of the SEC and the EFCC), its not the job of the central bank chairman to be chasing down creditors, each bank negotiates the loan terms with there creditors and if they default, well, that's why they have collateral. Sanusi should not be publishing people's names in the paper and chasing them up and down like a tax collector HIS JOB IS MONETARY  POLICY. that's why me and padddy lo are even questioning his competence because he doesn't seem to know what to do. Another reason why we are asking for papers he has published is that through his papers we can actually know what his positions on economic theory is and his ideas on how to solve economic problems that the country is facing. Look at Bernanke, some of his papers and research he did on the great depression when he was in academia has helped him in coming up with innovative solutions from preventing this recession from going to a depression. Meanwhile, we are still questioning our CBN governors credentials. It should not be so, in times of crisis and adversity you need you best team on the job and not 3rd team or the guys picked just to "complete the squad".

Now speaking of his leadership skills, the man was too rash in his decision making. He seemed to be too eager to please the Nigerian public that's why he overreacted when he first came to office, i don't even think he actually thought it [his plans] through or maybe he didn't even know how to go about enacting his reforms. He should make cold calculated decisions only after doing DUE DILLIGENCE and he should have the conviction to stand by his decision and NOT CRY IN PUBLIC,crying does not inspire much confidence. When Hank Paulson and co. were being 'destroyed' in congress, did they go around crying oooh its a southern agenda embarassed embarassed, they stuck by there guns that what they did was right for the country [U.S].
Re: Sanusi In Tears; Says Reforms Are Not A Northern Agenda! by paddylo1(m): 10:59am On May 16, 2010
We hired a PM recently not based on what we saw on her resume but based on her can-do attitude and the drive to search for solutions for challenges and problems we had or thought we might have.  In order words, she had a vision and she knew how/what/where to go about materializing that vision.  Whether she was black, green, Asian, or Alien was of no relevance.

Well in Nigeria the reverse is usually the case. . ppl are hired and promoted based on where they come from and who they know
I dont know why u keep arguing this point,this dude is a product of Nigerias quota/Federal character system

I dont have a problem with it,i just want that sensitive positions like CBN/Finance ministry not be manned by quota candidates
In a global world where u can tap Worldwide knowledge by Nigerians
i would prefer if those posts go to ppl that have more depth and knowledge of how global systems of economics and international finance works
Re: Sanusi In Tears; Says Reforms Are Not A Northern Agenda! by vizion: 11:07am On May 16, 2010
UpBendel:

My God!!

what's that suppose to mean??
Re: Sanusi In Tears; Says Reforms Are Not A Northern Agenda! by UpBendel(m): 11:23am On May 16, 2010
paddy_lo:

Well in Nigeria the reverse is usually the case. . ppl are hired and promoted based on where they come from and who they know
I dont know why u keep arguing this point,this dude is a product of Nigerias quota/Federal character system

I dont have a problem with it,i just want that sensitive positions like CBN/Finance ministry not be manned by quota candidates
In a global world where u can tap Worldwide knowledge by Nigerians
i would prefer if those posts go to ppl that have more depth and knowledge of how global systems of economics and international finance works

I beg!

This is so not true. The fact of the matter is that the very few who try make a difference get pulled down by those that lack any vision (the crabs in a bucket analogy seems appropriate here) and it certainly does not help when oga or madam that you represent is the biggest thief!
Re: Sanusi In Tears; Says Reforms Are Not A Northern Agenda! by UpBendel(m): 11:24am On May 16, 2010
vizion:

what's that suppose to mean??

You don't understand the logic behind registering SIM cards??
Re: Sanusi In Tears; Says Reforms Are Not A Northern Agenda! by Nobody: 11:26am On May 16, 2010
vizion:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Ballmer   grin grin grin grin grin

Pre-Microsoft & life history

Steve Ballmer was born on March 24, 1956, to a Swiss-American father and a Jewish-American mother whose family came from the Eastern European city of Pinsk (today in Belarus). He grew up in Farmington Hills, Michigan. In 1973, he graduated from Detroit Country Day School, a private college preparatory school in Beverly Hills, Michigan, and now sits on its board of directors. In 1977, he graduated magna cum laude from Harvard University [5] with a B.A. in mathematics and economics. While in college, Ballmer managed the football team, worked on The Harvard Crimson newspaper as well as the Harvard Advocate, and lived down the hall from fellow sophomore Bill Gates. He then worked for two years as an assistant product manager at Procter & Gamble, where he shared an office with Jeffrey R. Immelt, who would later become CEO of General Electric.[6] In 1980, he dropped out from the Stanford University Graduate School of Business to join Microsoft.[7]

gates long time rival , larry ellison , referred to ballmer as a late bloomer  cheesy cheesy
Re: Sanusi In Tears; Says Reforms Are Not A Northern Agenda! by vizion: 11:28am On May 16, 2010
UpBendel:

You don't understand the logic behind registering SIM cards??

Sorry i missed the logic of can u explain it latter to me
Re: Sanusi In Tears; Says Reforms Are Not A Northern Agenda! by Nobody: 11:30am On May 16, 2010
paddy_lo:

look at this guy yarning bs - cecilia ibru, what qualifications did she have outside of being ibru's wife?

can you even hear yourself ?

please stop coming over here to smother us with your crass ignorance and malignant tribalism

those of us who actually work in the corporate sector in nigeria, know that movement is more of who you know than what you can do
Re: Sanusi In Tears; Says Reforms Are Not A Northern Agenda! by UpBendel(m): 11:34am On May 16, 2010
vizion:

Sorry i missed the logic of can u explain it latter to me

But you seem to understand the logic behind installing 'highly qualified' people to high posts!!
Re: Sanusi In Tears; Says Reforms Are Not A Northern Agenda! by UpBendel(m): 11:44am On May 16, 2010
davidif:

upbendel,
What a terrible, TERRRIBLE COMPARISON. You are comparing apples with oranges. Anyone can be an entrepreneur without any education but not everybody can be central bank governor. Its like putting me in charge of brain surgery.

Now back to the issue at hand. In politics they say good intentions are not enough but its your actions that matter. Maybe Sanusi had good intentions but he didn't execute properly. Yes he went after the Cecilla's and co. (that's not his job, its that of the SEC and the EFCC), its not the job of the central bank chairman to be chasing down creditors, each bank negotiates the loan terms with there creditors and if they default, well, that's why they have collateral. Sanusi should not be publishing people's names in the paper and chasing them up and down like a tax collector HIS JOB IS MONETARY  POLICY. that's why me and padddy lo are even questioning his competence because he doesn't seem to know what to do. Another reason why we are asking for papers he has published is that through his papers we can actually know what his positions on economic theory is and his ideas on how to solve economic problems that the country is facing. Look at Bernanke, some of his papers and research he did on the great depression when he was in academia has helped him in coming up with innovative solutions from preventing this recession from going to a depression. Meanwhile, we are still questioning our CBN governors credentials. It should not be so, in times of crisis and adversity you need you best team on the job and not 3rd team or the guys picked just to "complete the squad".

Now speaking of his leadership skills, the man was too rash in his decision making. He seemed to be too eager to please the Nigerian public that's why he overreacted when he first came to office, i don't even think he actually thought it [his plans] through or maybe he didn't even know how to go about enacting his reforms. He should make cold calculated decisions only after doing DUE DILLIGENCE and he should have the conviction to stand by his decision and NOT CRY IN PUBLIC,crying does not inspire much confidence. When Hank Paulson and co. were being 'destroyed' in congress, did they go around crying oooh its a southern agenda embarassed embarassed, they stuck by there guns that what they did was right for the country [U.S].

Dude, na wa o!

Where in the world do you get your information from?? Paulson and Bernanke have been criticized heavily for mismanaging the bailout and all its attached problems! And just in case you missed it, this recession has been described as worse than the depression!!
Re: Sanusi In Tears; Says Reforms Are Not A Northern Agenda! by Nobody: 11:45am On May 16, 2010
lets see the past six central bank govnors of the uk

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mervyn_King_%28economist%29

Mervyn Allister King (born 30 March 1948), is Governor of the Bank of England. He succeeded Sir Edward George on 30 June 2003.

King studied at Wolverhampton Grammar School, King's College, Cambridge (gaining a first class degree in economics in 1969) and St John's College, Cambridge. While at Cambridge, he was Treasurer of the Cambridge University Liberal Club in 1968.[1]  He also studied at Harvard as a Kennedy Scholar.

He then taught at the University of Cambridge and the University of Birmingham. He has also been Visiting Professor at Harvard and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology where he shared an office with then Assistant Professor Ben Bernanke. From October 1984 he was Professor of Economics at the London School of Economics.

King joined the Bank in March 1991 as Chief Economist and Executive Director, having been a non-executive director from 1990 to 1991. He was appointed Deputy Governor in 1997, taking up his post on 1 June 1998. In the same year King became a member of the influential Washington-based financial advisory body, the Group of Thirty.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_George,_Baron_George

Edward Alan John George, Baron George, GBE, PC, DL (16 September 1938 – 18 April 2009[1]), known as Eddie George, or "Steady Eddie", was Governor of the Bank of England from 1993 to 2003.[1]
[edit] Personal life

George was born and grew up in Carshalton, the son of Post Office clerk Alan and wife Olive. He attended the independent school Dulwich College on a scholarship. He carried out his National Service at the Joint Services School for Linguists, where he learnt to speak Russian.

Having graduated from Emmanuel College, Cambridge, he joined the Bank of England in 1962. Apart from secondments to Moscow State University, the Bank for International Settlements and the International Monetary Fund, he remained there throughout his career.

He married Vanessa Williams in Surrey in 1962. They had been sweethearts since the age of 14.

On 18 April 2009, George, a heavy smoker, died of lung cancer.[2] He is survived by his wife, their son and two daughters.[1]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robin_Leigh-Pemberton,_Baron_Kingsdown

Robin Leigh-Pemberton, Baron KingsdownOneRiot

Robert "Robin" Leigh-Pemberton, Baron Kingsdown, KG, PC (born 5 January 1927) is a crossbencher on the House of Lords, and was formerly a lawyer and banker.
[edit] Biography

Leigh-Pemberton was educated at St Peter's Court, then at Eton College.[1] He attended Trinity College, Oxford,[1] where he earned an MA in 1950. In 1954, he was called to the Bar, and he practised law for a few years. He eventually became Chairman of the National Westminster Bank, then Governor of the Bank of England from 1983 until 1993.[2] He was appointed to the Privy Council in 1987, and created a life peer in 1993, as Baron Kingsdown, of Pemberton in the County of Lancashire. He became a Knight of the Order of the Garter in 1994, and was also the Lord Lieutenant of Kent. Between 1979 and 1992, he served as Honorary Colonel of the Kent and Sharpshooters Yeomanry and between 1977 and 1984 he served as Pro Chancellor of the University of Kent.[1] He also served on the board of directors of the Bank of International Settlements

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leslie_Kenneth_O%27Brien

Leslie Kenneth O'Brien, Baron O'Brien of Lothbury GBE, PC (8 February 1908 – 24 November 1995) was Governor of the Bank of England.

After attending Wandsworth School in London, he joined the Bank of England in 1927 and rose through the ranks, becoming Chief Cashier in 1955, Deputy Governor in 1966, before serving as Governor from 1966 until 1973.

As Governor, O'Brien presided over the devaluation of the pound in 1967.

He became a Knight Grand Cross of the Order of the British Empire in 1967[1] and was appointed to the Privy Council in 1970.[2] Following his retirement as Governor in 1973 he was created a life peer as Baron O'Brien of Lothbury, of the City of London.[3]

He married firstly Isabelle Pickett (1908–1987) in 1932, and secondly Marjorie Taylor (born 1923). He died in Tandridge, Surrey, in 1995.

outside of the most recent, the other govenors had experience in BANKING not a long list of academic qualifications . all this noise about academic qualifications - it is precisely the fact that soludo spent all his career in the classroom and none in the real world that has led us to this impasse.  

anyway paddly lo and co have already tipped their hands - what business does a gworo chewer having dishing out orders to members of the master tribe  tongue
Re: Sanusi In Tears; Says Reforms Are Not A Northern Agenda! by vizion: 11:47am On May 16, 2010
oyb:

Pre-Microsoft & life history

Steve Ballmer was born on March 24, 1956, to a Swiss-American father and a Jewish-American mother whose family came from the Eastern European city of Pinsk (today in Belarus). He grew up in Farmington Hills, Michigan. In 1973, he graduated from Detroit Country Day School, a private college preparatory school in Beverly Hills, Michigan, and now sits on its board of directors. In 1977, he graduated magna cum laude from Harvard University [5] with a B.A. in mathematics and economics. While in college, Ballmer managed the football team, worked on The Harvard Crimson newspaper [/b]as well as the [b]Harvard Advocate, and lived down the hall from fellow sophomore Bill Gates. He then worked for two years as an assistant product manager at Procter & Gamble, where he shared an office with Jeffrey R. Immelt, who would later become CEO of General Electric.[6] In 1980, he dropped out from the Stanford University Graduate School of Business to join Microsoft.[7]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Ballmer   grin grin grin grin grin

gates long time rival , larry ellison , referred to ballmer as a late bloomer  cheesy cheesy

look at wat was bolded in your post and argue better next time  
ur guy already had a B.A. from Harvard before he joined microsoft.
so he joined microsoft as graduate with experienced

the fact that he dropped out for stanford does not give you the right to classify him a dropout

P.s.
go to microsoft careers profile and any day u see a complete dropout without any qualification becoimng a senior management let me know
Re: Sanusi In Tears; Says Reforms Are Not A Northern Agenda! by Nobody: 11:52am On May 16, 2010
^^^^

stop trying to twist english

he dropped out of school - end of story

bill gates, unlike misdirected experts like you was looking for ability.

its this sort of twisted reasoning that leads to the  masters degree holders working as cashiers in banks - the sort of thing your hero cecilia promoted

btw, so what did cecilia have outside of those honorary phds  tongue tongue tongue

are you confused - the chairman is a complete dropout - need i say more?

what of Micheal dell?
or steve jobs?

are they partial drop outs?
Re: Sanusi In Tears; Says Reforms Are Not A Northern Agenda! by vizion: 11:54am On May 16, 2010
UpBendel:

But you seem to understand the logic behind installing 'highly qualified' people to high posts!!

yes i do understand that you should have highly qualified people to high post

and for the registration of sim cards, there is not logic behind that, it is just crap
Re: Sanusi In Tears; Says Reforms Are Not A Northern Agenda! by UpBendel(m): 11:55am On May 16, 2010
vizion:

yes i do understand that you should have highly qualified people to high post

and for the registration of sim cards, there is not logic behind that, it is just crap

You are just looking for trouble and seeking attention.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Presidential Mid-term Report Clashes With Fashola's Interactive Session / NLC Denies Requesting For Saraki's Resignation / Supreme Court Officials Charged With N2.2bn Fraud- Daily Trust

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.