Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,971 members, 7,873,122 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 08:22 AM

Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? - Romance (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? (57600 Views)

Why Are Men Scared Of Approaching Women In Armed Forces? / Why Are Nigerian Men Scared Of Beautiful Women / Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by Mcy56(f): 7:28am On Apr 18, 2018
zinaunreal:
Women are hungry , not ready to work so therefore they are looking for a man to devour
Dont generalize please!
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by Chidonc(m): 7:30am On Apr 18, 2018
GeeString:
I won't go into any long sermon on this I'll just speak from personal experience.

No Nigerian woman is worth the trouble ahead. Infidelity is a serious Nigerian girl issue and it won't leave after marriage rather it will only get worse since her lifelong ambition has been fulfilled and she is now at peace.

Nigerian girls are materialistic and selfish. They do not truly understand the term "love".

Every Nigerian girl 25 & above has engaged in prostitution of some sort be it openly or 'coded'. There are corporate oloshos now sef. By prostitution I mean sleeping with a man for financial gain.

They are just not worth it.

I seriously doubt if I'll ever get married to a Nigerian girl. I'll have two kids from 2 different women & that's it.

Quote me & bash me but kindly produce counter-points or disprove my points while you do so. Oh & lest I forget I have no sisters & my mom is late too.

Goodnight.
bros no vex , belle dey pain me, I no fit laugh abeg
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by yanabasee(m): 7:30am On Apr 18, 2018
Grayjoy:
The thing is many of such people are yet to encounter non Nigerian ladies. When they happen to go out to other countries, they will change their line of thoughts. I hate hearing stupid generalization like he did. Even the Nigerian ladies, he is yet to encounter a quarter of their population in the place he resides.
Just like a song says "na after we go, we go know....."

In a context, we often refer to the white ladies....which we can tell that they have a different mentality from an average naija girl....

Nearly a good percentage of the white women will go for true love, good sex and time from a man....

But a good number of our Nigerian women will go for money over any silly love....

I will bet you that, many men commenting here have had their experience over this...

1 Like

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by SweetyMarvel00(m): 7:30am On Apr 18, 2018
next question should be "why are women getting desperate for marriage?"
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by ImaIma1(f): 7:31am On Apr 18, 2018
prince3009:

Anyway...involving his mother or sisters or female relatives does not remove the fact that what he said is true. Nigerian ladies/Women today have totally lost it.

And Nigerian men? Will I say because i have met few Nigerian men that have "lost it", i will then generalize and say Nigerian men are this or that. That is an unintelligent conclusion.

I need to meet at least 70% of the whole men in Nigeria to come to that conclusion.
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by tgmservice: 7:31am On Apr 18, 2018
chris31:
If all these naija ladies am seeing (both online) are the ones to choose from then marriage can wait
I made a promise to my unborn kids that i will get them best mom in the world
are u d best dad
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by yanabasee(m): 7:32am On Apr 18, 2018
Mcy56:
Dont generalize please!
He's right!!!....
Although, his choice of words might sound harsh but he's stating the obvious!
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by BigIyanga: 7:32am On Apr 18, 2018
Mcy56:

Dont generalize please!
Most Naija women see marriage as the shortest possible way to get shelter, food, health care, and immediate needs.
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by Ssalk: 7:36am On Apr 18, 2018
abiolamitodun:
Why are men scared of getting married and why is the number of baby mama increasing
let's discuss
My dear Marriage is not for the faint heart. Men are afraid of marriage cos your responsibility increases the moment you marry, you learn to compromise on some things, you must have patient, tolerance and endurance for the marriage to work. Above all, the fear of divorce is why people just choose not to marry.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by KhadyM(f): 7:36am On Apr 18, 2018
SoapQueen:
I took my time to read all the criticisms from some men. Nice one.

Delusions of grandeur, I must say.

Nigerian men are not interested in marriage yet there are pre-wedding photos at every nook and cranny.

Nigerians girls are hoes, cutlass, this and that, who the hell do they cheat with, themselves?

You keep calling ladies unprintable names, is it not men like you that break the "Almighty bro code" by going for someone else's woman. I remember a dude put up a post last week about waiting for his friend to break up with his girlfriend so he could shoot his shot?

It is getting stale. If you don't want to get married, please don't. Some of you up there are boasting of having 3 side Chics. Who should cast the first stone?

No matter how women try to explain that not all women are the same, some of you chauvinistic lot still try to humiliate womanhood. It is tiresome.

I am proud to say that I have so much more to offer to the world, and it is not my body. Men have wronged many women but you don't hear us whinning and bickering about men being bedswervers.

Last, last. In the bid to please some girl, some of you will still slide into a girl's DM and do everything within your power to get her attention. After that, Una go come here dey form Bruce Lee.

Some men are so judgemental. They dont see the spec in their own eyes
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by BigIyanga: 7:36am On Apr 18, 2018
Mcy56:

Bros, stop being myopic about this issue of sex outside marriage, take time to read thru some of your fellow men's assertions here to start with.
Im just stating a statement of fact here and it does not in any way have anything to do with my personality, what I am or what I am not.
I'm not answerable to you on my person, doing that is highly irrelevant 'cos even if I did, you'll not cease to be your very doubting self.
Delusions of Grandeur! Outside sex, what else do most Naija females bring?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by henryhemon(m): 7:37am On Apr 18, 2018
engrelvis:
my brother if u mistakenly marry a wrong foreigner u will regret d day u were born.forget what u watch on TV.A white lady is brutally honest n when dey c dat in u dey r very loyal.sorry if reverse is d case.most whites marriages dat r successful r based on honesty.dey dnt hide things from each other.how many Nigerian men deos dat?

Most of us are brutally honest that no one wants to be close to us. Expect you 've something to hide why won't you prefer someone who is honest biko. African ladies probably not entirely their fault (poverty and the way they were raised n greed) play a lot n hide their feelings way too much to avoid being tagged.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by Dindondin(m): 7:38am On Apr 18, 2018
Safiaa:
every man on the internet is anti marriage now lmao. Pleaseee, cry me a river ahbeg. Women receive pressure as much as men do. You live in Nigeria with Nigerian parents, you cannot be a bachelor forever. When you’re 38, single all your mates are married and can’t hang out as much, lonely, nobody to call your own that’s when you’ll be looking upandan for a wife. The pressure from family and friends will be unreal. It always happens. It’s doing you now because you’re young, everybody lives their life to learn the hard way. Go and look at toks2008 or whatever his name is, he’s a perfect example. Just pray that you’ll find a good wife.
Geestring is right. Whatever happens to toks2008. The points Geestring made are valid. You women and you'd family's demand makes wedding expenses high. It's true if one meets a good woman of understanding who realizes that wedding party can be minimal and more should be concentrated on sustaining the marriage which is for life time, the better. But what has the society taught our girls and what do most of them want? A wedding party like Banky W & Adesua Etomi.
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by Mcy56(f): 7:38am On Apr 18, 2018
yanabasee:

He's right!!!........Although, his choice of words might sound harsh but he's stating the obvious!
Fallacy of hasty generalization I'll say! undecided
You two can only talk about your hungry, immature gfs and the girls you have around you who falls into that category.
Not all ladies are lazy.
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by BigIyanga: 7:38am On Apr 18, 2018
KhadyM:

Some men are so judgemental. They dont see the spec in their own eyes
Do you understand what majority means? Do you understand what minority means? Do you understand what outlier means?
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by henryhemon(m): 7:38am On Apr 18, 2018
Nigerian ladies see marriage as poverty alleviation program.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by arent88(m): 7:41am On Apr 18, 2018
engrelvis:
my brother if u mistakenly marry a wrong foreigner u will regret d day u were born.forget what u watch on TV.A white lady is brutally honest n when dey c dat in u dey r very loyal.sorry if reverse is d case.most whites marriages dat r successful r based on honesty.dey dnt hide things from each other.how many Nigerian men deos dat?
let him ask Emmanuel eboue the former arsenal player for some marriage lessons.some kids just sit down and shout team foreign ladies like those women are any better Dan wat we have here.
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 7:41am On Apr 18, 2018
KhadyM:
Responsibility.... theyre now the head of a family and have to provide for all needs till forever
It is mentalities like this that make some men run from marriages even from the post.
They believe that every Nigerian woman is dependent and it's not entirely true.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by Nobody: 7:42am On Apr 18, 2018
ImaIma1:

How many did you actually date before this your conclusion?

Is it from the little number you saw friends or family experiences that you have come to this conclusion?

Are there Nigerian women that have remained married and are faithful?

Do you have any family or friends who have been married to good Nigerian women?

Lastly, are your sisters,female cousins,mum part of this your conclusion?

No they are not. Their female family members are never among...it's you and I that are the oloshos... grin grin
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by KhadyM(f): 7:42am On Apr 18, 2018
BigIyanga:

Do you understand what majority means? Do you understand what minority means? Do you understand what outlier means?

No, I dont understand what on earth youre trying to drive across. Please explain
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by Evince(m): 7:43am On Apr 18, 2018
lefulefu:
the Ex factorcheesy...always a problem in marriagecheesy.

So are they hustling for marriage with another person. Y not stay with their first guy and marry him. Y cause d new man who sees her as d best and married her problem
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by revontuli(f): 7:43am On Apr 18, 2018
KOPT33:

Most women are like that to varying degrees. I have dated enough people so I can tell.

Maybe most women where you live. Scandinavian women are the complete opposite of that. Having your own space and own life outside of relationship is very important.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by yanabasee(m): 7:43am On Apr 18, 2018
Mcy56:

Fallacy of hasty generalization I'll say! undecided
You two can only talk about your hungry, immature gfs and the girls you have around you who falls into that category.
Not all ladies are lazy.

It doesn't change the fact that you fill in perfectly well into that same category!!!

Its psychologically proven that black women are easily moved with the things they see....materialism!!

1 Like

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by chris31(m): 7:46am On Apr 18, 2018
tgmservice:
are u d best dad
Yes of course i trust myself
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by Mcy56(f): 7:48am On Apr 18, 2018
BigIyanga:
Delusions of Grandeur! Outside sex, what else do most Naija females bring?
Oga suit yourself, believe whatever you choose to believe, its a free world.
One thing I know is that, right inside you, you are anxious to get a good lady to settle down with.
You can refute this as much as you like, e no concern me again. tongue
I cannot come and be wasting much time on argument with you again. smiley

1 Like

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by MrHighSea: 7:48am On Apr 18, 2018
Mcy56:
Men makes excuses for not getting married because they can easily get what makes marriage unique effortlessly i.e. s*x.
There are quite a lot of them that are gainfully employed but refused to marry with an excuse that women are this, women are that.
While not totally against them, my question is this: is it not the same men that are sleeping around with some of the ladies and are making them untrustworthy?
You know, I think some are scared of karma actually.
Notwithstanding, I believed there are still quite a lot of ladies that are morally trained and descent out there.
Let me come and be going......
Give us their GPS locations.
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by Rashduct4luv(m): 7:50am On Apr 18, 2018
Below are the common reasons for late marriage.

1. Money related issues/fear of poverty.

2. Waiting to complete Education.

3. Feeling immature.

4. Family troubles and non-agreements.

5. Not seeing your kinda partner/ being too selective!

6. Already got a bed partner, boyfriend/girlfriend things,baby mama/papa things etc or involving in masturbation, homosexualism, etc.

7. Fear of marriage.

8. Spiritual problems eg having spiritual spouse.

9. Medical problems. eg impotence.

10. Environmental problems eg bad friends.

11. Expensive dowry, wedding cost, bridal gifts, etc.

12. Bad attitude from either spouse!

1 Like

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by folake4u(f): 7:51am On Apr 18, 2018
goat22:

Honor oh great priestess, the goat society bows to thee in adoration. You have been chosen as the priestess of sacrifice. Therefore you are mandated and authorised to drink the blood of two red sokoto goats. We hail thee oh great priestess of Justice.

shocked I nor want.
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by CAPSLOCKED: 7:52am On Apr 18, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:

It is mentalities like this that make some men run from marriages even from the post.
They believe that every Nigerian woman is dependent and it's not entirely true.

YOU'RE RIGHT. NOT ENTIRELY TRUE.. BECAUSE LESS THAN 30% ARE COMPLETELY INDEPENDENT.
LET'S NOT PRETEND. smiley

1 Like

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by Nobody: 7:53am On Apr 18, 2018
I don't understand again. We are certainly in a world where everyone wants to eat his cake and still have it. I wonder what women or ladies did to guys to deserve all this bashing and hate...... Wat do I know self.
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by ellapius(f): 7:53am On Apr 18, 2018
Tochyodiks:
shatap
see otondo.. .....hahahaaaa one cry cry baby has been spotted cheesy cheesy omo mummy.. ..keep shouting boys are scarce by the time Ur mates pick up the few good girls available u ll die in depression. ...olodo oshi
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by Nobody: 7:54am On Apr 18, 2018
AntiBrutus:
After all said and done... You all will log out and face reality... smiley
angry Where have you been hiding?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (21) (Reply)

Men Don't Want Me Because I Have 3 Kids - Single Mum Cries Out (pix, Vid) / What Happened To A Newly Married Couple In My Car Yes / Man Drops Surprise Engagement Ring On His Girlfriend's Bed, See What She Did

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.