Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,957 members, 7,883,351 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 09:28 AM

Why I Can't Love Again (A Short Story) : Written By Umoren Elisha - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Why I Can't Love Again (A Short Story) : Written By Umoren Elisha (1031 Views)

"Captain Jack": A Val Story Written By John Mfon / Sting (a Short Story) Written By Umoren Elisha / Why I Can't Love - A Short Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Can't Love Again (A Short Story) : Written By Umoren Elisha by hfinest1(m): 2:39pm On Apr 18, 2018
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED!!!

No part of this work should be reproduced by any means electronic or otherwise, without the prior written permission or authorization of the author, Umoren Elisha.
Contact the author on
e-mail: umorenelisha@gmail.com
WhatsApp: 09098708184
(c)ElishaWrites2017

ABOUT THE STORY:

When Raimot, a devout Muslim girl chooses to marry Ben, a Christian, against her father's will, she becomes frustrated in the marriage, after not listening to her father's warning not to marry Ben. Why is her father so much against their marriage??
Why is he not in support of their being together?
Find out all these and many more surprising and shocking secrets unveil in this intriguing, suspense filled, tragic novella. Enjoy....

DISCLAIMER!!!
This story is a fragment if the writer's imagination and any resemblance to any persons, dead or alive, or event, past or present is merely a coincidence and should be disregarded. Thank you.
Re: Why I Can't Love Again (A Short Story) : Written By Umoren Elisha by hfinest1(m): 2:44pm On Apr 18, 2018
-1-
The past few days had been a tug of war between my father and I. I had brought home my man to introduce to my parent and my dad had surprisingly, outrightly said no to the marriage.
My dad was initially very receptive and welcoming towards him, they talked like they had known each other before, and when I asked, I found out that they attended the sane secondary school back in Offa, Kwara State. It was going alright until my dad asked his religion and he mentioned that he was a Christian. Dad frowned and immediately started giving him a cold attitude.
Dad had never had any reservations towards anyone, irrespective of the religion. I had male and female friends who were good Christians and dad never objected to our friendship, so it cane as a surprise to my mom and I as he stormed out of the dining room into his room in anger, after finding out Ben is a Christian, and after giving him quite an attitude...
Re: Why I Can't Love Again (A Short Story) : Written By Umoren Elisha by hfinest1(m): 2:47pm On Apr 18, 2018
-2-
"Ben is the one I love dad... And nobody, not even you, can.stop me from marrying him..." I retorted sharply, immediately I heard the words "you cannot marry that boy... Ben or whatever it is you call his name..." from dad.
"Look here Raimot, I am your father, ,and know what is best for you, and I say you will not marry that boy!!!"
"I know you're my father, and I'm not disputing that fact dad... I've obeyed you all my life dad, but this time, I'm sorry but I may have to disobey you... But dad, why are you so against me marrying him? He's rich, handsome, from a good family, has a successful career, and is capable of taking care of me. So, why the serious objection dad?" I asked my dad with a stern and defiant look on my face.
"He's a Christian, and none of my daughters will ever get stuck with a Christian, and maybe someday become a Christian in the name of marriage. No way that is going to happen while I am still alive!! You can't marry him, and that is final!!!"He responded sharply with a tone of finality.
"Final for you! Not for me!! And get ready to die if you must, Sir, cos we're getting married and there's nothing you can do to stop us!!!" I snapped back at him and stormed out of the house amist my dad's voice echoing clearly, calking me back and hauling threats at me...
Re: Why I Can't Love Again (A Short Story) : Written By Umoren Elisha by hfinest1(m): 11:45pm On Apr 18, 2018
-3-

Ben and I arranged a court and church wedding within two months, with the support of my man and dismay of my dad. But the main point was that we were married now, which was the worst mistake of my life!
Two weeks into the marriage saw me pleading with Ben every on ght to make love to me, and make me a woman... His woman, as I had married him as a virgin, but it was always one excuse or the other, each night.

"Sweetheart, work was hectic, I'm really tired please. And you know I need to rest so I can report early at work tomorrow morning!" Ben would always say. He was a surgeon, working at the accident and emergency work of one government owned hospital, while I was a teacher at a private secondary school not too far from where we lived. Ben's work place was far away, so he always left home before me, and returned late in the night, long after I had returned already, and once he had dinner, sleep was the next on his agenda.

Three weeks and five days of pleading with Ben to make love to me, got me what I never expected to hear one night while I was trying hard to get him excited for me by pleasuring his privates with my hand and mouth, but he wasn't responding to any of my move. I was a virgin, but knew all there was to know about sex already. He had a sad look on his face as he spoke.
"Baby, it's not like I don't love you or anything, but no matter what you do, I can't just do it. I've tried to get I over it severally but it's not working..."
Honey, what are you talking about? What's happening? Get over what?" I had a thousand questions running through my mind, but those are the few I could ask.
"I was molested when I was young..."
Re: Why I Can't Love Again (A Short Story) : Written By Umoren Elisha by hfinest1(m): 6:46pm On Apr 19, 2018
Why I Can't Love Again Written by Umoren Elisha (Cont'd.)

-Episode 4-

I had a thousand and one questions running through my mind, but those were the few that escaped my mouth.
"I was molested when I was young..." He dropped the bombshell.
"Wha- What?!!!" My head was about to spill it's contents, including my brain. I felt my blood pressure rise, and my heart thump hard against my rib cage like it was struggling for escape. It was confusing to me. I had before then, always thought it was only females that got molested, but here I was with a man that was molested when he was young, as a husband.
I looked at his dull, expressionless face and felt instant pity for him.
"When I was still very young, in JSS2... Some senior boys and girls called me to their classroom one evening during prep period. They were only five in the class..." He sighed, staring distantly into space.
"They were a girl and four boys in the class, and they all took turns and defiled me..." He had started shedding tears at that point, drawing pity from his dear wife.
"Oh my God!" I exclaimed.
"Yes! The girl raped me and then the four boys took turns to do same to me... Ever since then, sex has been the last thing on I ever think of. Factually, I hate sex. I hate the thought of it. I hate anything that has to do with sex" He added, in between sobs.
"Maybe you should see a counselor or therapist" I suggested to him, and hugged him for some minutes, holding him tight and reassuring him that everything will be alright and that he'd get over it and I would wait till he has gotten over it, with no pressure on him, even if it meant waiting forever.
I made all sort of promises to him that night to make him feel better, and it worked, because in no time, we were both drifting to dreamland, in a tight cuddle, with him holding on to me like he never wanted to let me go...
Re: Why I Can't Love Again (A Short Story) : Written By Umoren Elisha by hfinest1(m): 6:47pm On Apr 19, 2018
Please guys, your comments and feedback are needed, and would be deeply appreciated. Thanks for reading so far...
Re: Why I Can't Love Again (A Short Story) : Written By Umoren Elisha by hfinest1(m): 9:36pm On Apr 20, 2018
237 views and still no comment Common guys, how bad can you get??:/ abeg I need your comments na... pleeeeeaseeeee!!!!!!! sad cry
Re: Why I Can't Love Again (A Short Story) : Written By Umoren Elisha by hfinest1(m): 9:36pm On Apr 20, 2018
*Why I Can't Love Again (A novella) -written by Umoren Elisha(Cont'd)*

*Episode 5 [Grand Finale]*

*-5a-*
"There is nothing new under the sun. Everyday for the thief, one day for the owner" -Popular African Proverbs

Two(2) months passed quickly and Ben still hadn't gotten over the trauma, and I was craving sex so badly everyday. I couldn't wait to loose my virginity to the man I had kept it for all my life. I was having constant wet dreams every now and then. Even when I lay my head on my desk to nap at work. I was craving sex so badly, like a child craving attention of a candy, but I still didn't put too much pressure on him about it because I knew how hard it was to get over traumatic experience, especially one that had to do with rape, and his case wasn't just rape, it involved sodomy.
He had started seeing a counselor as I suggested, and he was always excited to tell me of how his sessions with the counsellor went, when he returned home. I would comfort him whenever he was down, and reassure him of my unending love for him.
I really loved Ben so much and knew I owed him the responsibility to stand by him and help him in the recovery process...

One Monday morning, he left for work and then I left almost right after he did. On getting to work, I was summoned by my boss and asked to report to the head teacher. On searching my handbag, I realized that I had mistakenly carried the wrong file containing documents belonging to Ben instead of mine. I only hoped that Ben didn't also mistakenly carry my own file to his workplace, as I drove hurriedly back home to see if I can get my own file. On reaching the compound, I sighted my husband's car parked downstairs. I was surprised to see his car, and beside his car was another new and still shinny car. I wondered why Ben was at home by that time of the day, instead of at work, and who had the obviously brand new car?. I walked swiftly into the house, and straight to my room with just one thing on my mind; getting my own file and zooming off to work...
But I didn't expect and wasn't prepared for the sight that beheld me on stepping into my room...

1 Like

Re: Why I Can't Love Again (A Short Story) : Written By Umoren Elisha by Bluefish7(m): 11:16pm On Apr 20, 2018
hfinest1:

But I didn't expect and wasn't prepared for the sight that beheld me on stepping into my room...

Oh mai lawd ��
Re: Why I Can't Love Again (A Short Story) : Written By Umoren Elisha by hfinest1(m): 11:49pm On Aug 23, 2018
-5-
©ElishaWrites2017 (elishawrites..com / elishaspen.)

I walked into the house hurriedly and straight to our bedroom with one thing on my mind; to get my file and buzz off back to work. But I wasn't prepared for the shocking sight that beheld me on stepping into my room...
I saw my husband, Ben stark naked, holding onto the bed post, being penetrated from behind by the man I never would expect, even in my wildest imagination… Chief Ibrahim Oladipupo, my father. The shock was too much as I stared in disbelief, irritated at the sight of my father's rod half way pummeled into Ben's butt and Ben stroking his own very hard erected tool.
I didn't even know what exactly you be angry about. The fact that my husband was gay, or the fact that my father was his gay partner. I ran out of the house as quickly as I ran in, and jumped into my car. I didn't know what I was doing. My heart was pounding furiously against my chest, my temperature was rising rapidly, my head was spinning, making me loose the ability to think properly. I started and reeves the engine, as I put the gear shift into 'D' and stepped hard on the accelerate pedal. The car took off with a hard jerk, slamming hard into the gate and causing a loud bang and shattering of glass all over my body. The last thing I saw was my father and Ben rushing towards the car, and if I had enough strength, I would have jumped down from the car, as I didn't want either of them to come near me or touch me ever again. I struggled to get down from the car in vain, as I was too weak to even lift myself off the chair. Everywhere went black out...
I woke up days later in the hospital with my mother sitting beside me. I slowly remembered all that happened and tears returned to my eyes with full force. My mom tried her best to comfort me, all to no avail, as I wailed even more. I tried to explain to her what I had seen and what she said next shocked me beyond what words can explain.…
Re: Why I Can't Love Again (A Short Story) : Written By Umoren Elisha by hfinest1(m): 11:49pm On Aug 23, 2018
EPILOGUE
She said I should just calm down and that her husband, my father was bisexual and she knew about the affair between my dad and Ben. She said they had a relationship while in secondary school, and then after school, they lost contact, and after meeting again, the fire was rekindled and they continued their affair. She said it doesn't affect my marriage in any was, as all I had to do was to share Ben with my father. I was disgusted at the sound of that. How was she even able to spit all that out of her mouth? I just stared at her as the thoughts of strangling her overwhelmed me. I was just wondering what the world had turned into. A world where a woman is advised by her mother to be sharing her husband with her father. Ewwww!
I eventually divorced Ben, left town and cut contacts with my parents, but still kept tabs on Ben via social media and some friends. Some months later, I discovered he had remarried a young beautiful girl.
I could only feel pity for the young girl. If only she knew what she was getting into. Well, I was wrong, as she knew fully well, and I even heard that she had given birth to a son for Ben the very next year.
It was at that point that I lost faith and gave up hope on love, and I knew that I could never love again.

****THE END****

I hope you enjoyed reading that? Read more interesting tales and lots more on my blog: www.elishawrites..com
www.elishaspen..com
Also like and follow my page on facebook @ ElishaWrites.
You could reach me on umorenelisha@gmail.com.

Thanks for rerding. Till I bring you yet another amazing tale. Stay blessed!
©ElishaWrites2017

(1) (Reply)

Moral Story: The Great Monkey Business / John Grisham Fan's / Poem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.