Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,125 members, 7,880,516 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 07:59 PM

Funeral Tribute: Barbara Bush, Former U.S. First Lady, Dies At Age 92 - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Funeral Tribute: Barbara Bush, Former U.S. First Lady, Dies At Age 92 (285 Views)

Beji Caid Essebsi Is Dead! Tunisian President Dies Aged 92 / Nechama Rivlin Is Dead! Israel’s First Lady Dies / Barbara Bush Dies At Age 92 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Funeral Tribute: Barbara Bush, Former U.S. First Lady, Dies At Age 92 by olisemark(m): 3:00pm On Apr 18, 2018
Former U.S. first lady Barbara Bush died on Tuesday, a spokesman for the Bush family announced. She was 92 years old.

Barbara Bush, the wife of former President George H.W. Bush, had been suffering from chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and congestive heart failure. A spokesman for her family had announced Sunday that she would no longer seek medical treatment after a recent series of hospitalizations.

Her son, former President George W. Bush, released a statement to the press on behalf of himself, his wife, and his twin daughters.
My dear mother has passed away at age 92. Laura, Barbara, Jenna and I are sad, but our souls are settled because we know hers was. Barabara Bush was a fabulous First Lady and a woman unlike any other who brought levity, love and literacy to millions. To us, she was so much more. Mom kept us on our toes and kept us laughing until the end. I’m a lucky man that Barbara Bush was my mother. Our family will miss her dearly, and we thank you all for your prayers and good wishes.

George P. Bush, son of Jeb Bush, honored his grandmother’s legacy in a statement to Twitter.

My grandmother’s entire life was focused on others. For my grandfather, she was his top adviser and confidante. For her family, she was a steady, loving and guiding hand. And for her country, she was an inspiration and an example for all. My grandmother didn’t just live life; she lived it well. And the sorrow of her loss is softened by the knowledge of her impact on our family and our country. I will miss you, Ganny — but know we will see you again.

As first lady from 1989 to 1993, she was known for her work on early childhood education. In 1989, she established the Barbara Bush Foundation for Family Literacy, with the goal of raising awareness about the importance of reading and writing at a young age. She was also recognized for her work on AIDS awareness and cancer research. Read more...

https://atlanticpostng.com/barbara-bush-former-first-lady-dies-at-age-92/

(1) (Reply)

U.S. Secretary Of State, Mike Pompeo Replies North Korean Accusation (pic+video) / Egypt’s First Female Christian Governor Assumes Office / Trump Administration To Close PLO Office In Washington

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.