Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,927 members, 7,942,337 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 07:54 AM

Beautiful Cities Of Poland - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Beautiful Cities Of Poland (7311 Views)

Beautiful Cities In Rivers State. (photos). / 7 Most Beautiful Cities To Visit In Nigeria - Pictures / 12 Most Beautiful Cities In Africa 2018 (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beautiful Cities Of Poland by revontuli(f): 8:21pm On May 11, 2018
More views from the awesome cathedral interior.

3 Likes

Re: Beautiful Cities Of Poland by revontuli(f): 8:25pm On May 11, 2018
Rain-soaked narrow streets are so charming.

2 Likes

Re: Beautiful Cities Of Poland by Stallion93(m): 8:33pm On May 11, 2018
revontuli:
Rain-soaked narrow streets are so charming.
Wait until u see rain soaked Nigerian Streets grin
Re: Beautiful Cities Of Poland by CassieV(f): 8:38pm On May 11, 2018
Stallion93:
Wait until u see rain soaked Nigerian Streets grin
Lol, you no well.
Re: Beautiful Cities Of Poland by revontuli(f): 9:00pm On May 11, 2018
This is the cathedral island cathedral. The island used to be the ruling seat and church center in the old ages. The cathedral here isn't as magnificent s the one in the old town, but still pretty cool.

3 Likes

Re: Beautiful Cities Of Poland by Stallion93(m): 9:05pm On May 11, 2018
CassieV:

Lol, you no well.
I no well o! Alongside all my brown brothers in this Sick Country
Re: Beautiful Cities Of Poland by Stallion93(m): 9:10pm On May 11, 2018
revontuli:
This is the cathedral island cathedral. The island used to be the ruling seat and church center in the old ages. The cathedral here isn't as magnificent s the one in the old town, but still pretty cool.
just imagine these beauties as if angels came down and made them with their own hands but no, God's greatest Craft(Men) with God's own breath(The Brain) acknowledged their Capacity and utilized it properly. However we have not still defined what we are in this Africa Nigeria in particular cause we behave worse than Animals. We have to restart all over
Re: Beautiful Cities Of Poland by pansophist(m): 11:10pm On May 11, 2018
Damn, so you went to Poland and you didn't visit Krzemionki eh? oh my gosh. I'll also take a leap of faith and say that you also didn't Auschwitz? in my book, not visiting this place is like going to France and not visiting Paris. Krzemionki will ''wow'' you, just check out pictures from google images.

Poland is a country that I love. I lived there for a year, and consequently visit regularly since the last three years. The landmass is massive, the food is good, nature is diverse, history is embedded in the architecture (except Warsaw) and it is well connected geographically to the rest of EU (bordering at least six countries) and the people are lovely (except some periodical encounter with ignorant racist). And eh, I speak Polish. You need to see the shock on those people's face when I speak Polish to them. grin

Next time, do not forget to take a 10euros flight with wizzair from Turku (Finland) to Gdansk (Poland) grin I did that route a lot when I was still studying in Finland and it's no nice. Enjoy.

2 Likes

Re: Beautiful Cities Of Poland by GiantParrot(m): 6:41am On May 12, 2018
Amazing! So impressive that those guys were able to create such magnificent architectural beauty using 17th-18th century technology. Such genius.
Re: Beautiful Cities Of Poland by revontuli(f): 1:40pm On Jun 13, 2018
pansophist:
Damn, so you went to Poland and you didn't visit Krzemionki eh? oh my gosh. I'll also take a leap of faith and say that you also didn't Auschwitz? in my book, not visiting this place is like going to France and not visiting Paris. Krzemionki will ''wow'' you, just check out pictures from google images.

Next time! I will go back to see more for sure. I didn't go to Auschwitz, I was traveling with a Jewish friend, we were there to have a good happy time and she didn't want to get depressed seeing the places where her people were massacred.

Poland is a country that I love. I lived there for a year, and consequently visit regularly since the last three years. The landmass is massive, the food is good, nature is diverse, history is embedded in the architecture (except Warsaw) and it is well connected geographically to the rest of EU (bordering at least six countries) and the people are lovely (except some periodical encounter with ignorant racist). And eh, I speak Polish. You need to see the shock on those people's face when I speak Polish to them. grin

Next time, do not forget to take a 10euros flight with wizzair from Turku (Finland) to Gdansk (Poland) grin I did that route a lot when I was still studying in Finland and it's no nice. Enjoy.

I didn't know about this wizzair! 10 Euros?
I just checked they have some really cheap tickets. If I knew about them before, I wouldn't be so broke! Thanks for the tip.

1 Like

Re: Beautiful Cities Of Poland by revontuli(f): 1:48pm On Jun 13, 2018
More Poznan architecture and street views at night

1 Like

Re: Beautiful Cities Of Poland by revontuli(f): 1:51pm On Jun 13, 2018
The last of the night scenery of Poznan. Rain made the streets reflects the lights, which made a nice atmosphere.

2 Likes

Re: Beautiful Cities Of Poland by peacengine(m): 1:51pm On Jun 13, 2018
Stallion93:
just imagine these beauties as if angels came down and made them with their own hands but no, God's greatest Craft(Men) with God's own breath(The Brain) acknowledged their Capacity and utilized it properly. However i have not still defined what i am adding to defend my existence in this Africa Nigeria in particular cause i behave worse than Animals. I have to restart all over

You have spoken for yourself bro
Re: Beautiful Cities Of Poland by revontuli(f): 1:53pm On Jun 13, 2018
Our next stop was Wroclaw, here are the views on the way to the old town district.

2 Likes

Re: Beautiful Cities Of Poland by revontuli(f): 1:57pm On Jun 13, 2018
Wroclaw city hall is peculiarly beautiful. It was built on top of a 15th century inn, which has survived to this day. The intricate carvings, window frames and statues adorning the building are truly mesmerizing to view.

I added the photo of the info plaque.

2 Likes

Re: Beautiful Cities Of Poland by revontuli(f): 1:59pm On Jun 13, 2018
Beautiful buildings clad in works of art line the grand square of the old town.

Re: Beautiful Cities Of Poland by revontuli(f): 2:01pm On Jun 13, 2018
Wroclaw old town was truly charming. I love those roof attic windows, they look like something from Harry Potter or fairy tales.

3 Likes

Re: Beautiful Cities Of Poland by revontuli(f): 2:05pm On Jun 13, 2018
There was a grand cathedral, but it was under repair. The entrance is in the first photo. After walking into that section, first of the dwarfs of Wroclaw welcomed us. There are over 350 of them scattered all over the city. It started as a guerilla art project and spread, and became one of the characteristics of Wroclaw. Here is more info about the dwarfs: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wroc%C5%82aw%27s_dwarfs

2 Likes

Re: Beautiful Cities Of Poland by revontuli(f): 2:08pm On Jun 13, 2018
More awesome architecture of Wroclaw. There is a modern building in the 3rd photo, which they made similar to the surrounding old buildings to preserve the views of the city.

2 Likes

Re: Beautiful Cities Of Poland by revontuli(f): 2:11pm On Jun 13, 2018
Wroclaw packs so much charm and beauty.

1 Like

Re: Beautiful Cities Of Poland by revontuli(f): 2:14pm On Jun 13, 2018
One of the great cathedrals of Wroclaw, featuring amazing religious art pieces and stained glass.

1 Like

Re: Beautiful Cities Of Poland by revontuli(f): 2:17pm On Jun 13, 2018
We ran into a cool gothic cathedral which appeared abandoned. I am hoping they will restore it and open it to visits soon.

Re: Beautiful Cities Of Poland by revontuli(f): 2:47pm On Jun 13, 2018
It is hard to walk in this city, cause all those buildings draw your eye.
Last 2 photos are the synagogue of Wroclaw, unfortunately it was closed to visits.

1 Like

Re: Beautiful Cities Of Poland by saintkeppy(m): 3:14pm On Jun 13, 2018
revontuli:
Last 2 photos are the synagogue of Wroclaw, unfortunately it was closed to visits.

Sorry, are you a Nigerian or a Polish Lady??
The beautiful Cities Pictures in Poland got me wondering. smiley
Re: Beautiful Cities Of Poland by Stallion93(m): 3:34pm On Jun 13, 2018
peacengine:

You have spoken for yourself bro
If u like U can twist my post however u like, it doesn't change the reality, It is what it is and what it is is Africa is bound on a perpetual retrogression
Re: Beautiful Cities Of Poland by Dremca(m): 5:13pm On Jun 13, 2018
I've observed that no one drives car along those roads, does it mean they can't afford or they prefer going green.
revontuli:
Re: Beautiful Cities Of Poland by revontuli(f): 6:51pm On Jun 13, 2018
saintkeppy:

Sorry, are you a Nigerian or a Polish Lady??
The beautiful Cities Pictures in Poland got me wondering. smiley

I'm neither, I'm a Georgian-American living in Finland.
There are some more photos coming, and the glorious Rome soon.
Re: Beautiful Cities Of Poland by revontuli(f): 7:40pm On Jun 13, 2018
There is plenty of great architecture and statues outside of the old town district, too.

1 Like

Re: Beautiful Cities Of Poland by revontuli(f): 7:42pm On Jun 13, 2018
If I ever get rich enough to build a house, I will definitely hire a Polish architect.

1 Like

Re: Beautiful Cities Of Poland by pansophist(m): 6:44pm On Jun 14, 2018
stop revontuli cry

Now you are making me want to go back to Poland.

Nice pics though. You deserve some accolades cool

1 Like

Re: Beautiful Cities Of Poland by revontuli(f): 8:20pm On Jun 17, 2018
pansophist:
stop revontuli cry

Now you are making me want to go back to Poland.

Nice pics though. You deserve some accolades cool

You gotta go back there and drink a hot chocolate at Wedel! It's beautiful, I want to go back too. I'll post the Warsaw photos soon.

1 Like

Re: Beautiful Cities Of Poland by Babacele: 7:03am On Sep 09, 2018
revontuli:
The buildings make this place look like a fairy tale.
....'like a fairytale' is an understatement.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

On Summer Holiday To Nairobi Kenya / Legalization Of Document At Austrian Embassy / Traffic Advisory: Lagos Marathon Holds On Saturday, February 10th, 2024

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.