Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,912 members, 7,890,027 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 07:45 AM

Nigeria Ebay Or Craiglist - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigeria Ebay Or Craiglist (936 Views)

Paypal,ebay Or Amazon / Can One Shop On Ebay From Nigeria? / How Does A Girl Earn Money Writing Books And Using Craiglist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Ebay Or Craiglist by Meddler(f): 4:52pm On May 15, 2010
I'm thinking of starting something like a craigslist or ebay where ppl can buy and sell stuff online (it won't be called craigslist or Ebay off course) I was thinking how viable a business like this would be in Nigeria amidst all the fraudsters and 419er's. I was reading a post here that got me thinking- people have actually conducted deals through this forum that actually worked out. Is it safe to assume that in spite of all these yeye 419er's there are still some good honest nigerians.

Any input will be appreciated. Thanks.
Re: Nigeria Ebay Or Craiglist by Krosslife(m): 5:38pm On May 15, 2010
You are highly welcomed. I'm a regular buyer on Ebay and i know the opportunities it offers me. Buying cheaply through auction bidding or more preferably Buy It Now  and shipping them to Nigeria for sale to make big profits is a good business for me as a computer technician. Though, sometimes not easy, due to the payment options and the facts that Nigerians are restricted from doing business there.
You must really impress Nigerians that your own version of Nigeria Ebay will be an impartial platform for bringing prospective buyers and honest sellers together for business purposes and needs. Your online Ebay version for Nigerians must be for Nigerians without any restriction other than security strategies which geared at curbing the influence and manipulations of fraudsters and 419ners must be a major concern.
I wish you good luck in your investment.

Re: Nigeria Ebay Or Craiglist by shofu2000(m): 7:38pm On May 17, 2010
I think that will be a huge task. To succeed you need experts to work with, but "yes you can" if you want to. The major problem with Nigeria businesses online is awareness and online payment solution than the yahoo!yahoo! its known for. But i am sure if we have something like ebay running for Nigerians, companies or banks will develop online payment solution to help Niogerians buy and sell.

For now i wish you the best.

For anyone who has been having problem buying from foreign merchants websites and shipping solution to Nigeria, or operating a genuine verified paypal account for online payment solution, ebay account or google adwords, plus more. Visit http://shofuline..com for all the solution.

Chris
Re: Nigeria Ebay Or Craiglist by Meddler(f): 1:42am On May 19, 2010
Yeah that's the problem. Setting up online payments b'cos that's what makes shopping online easy. So a site similar to Ebay will be a huge venture. But what about a site similar to Craigslist. In the sense, that you have a site where ppl can post stuff that they are looking to sell minus any online transaction going on.

(1) (Reply)

Yoghurt / Internet Service For Sapele / MTN 750 Card Reward- Scam.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.