Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,922 members, 7,945,987 topics. Date: Wednesday, 11 September 2024 at 10:45 AM

An English Grammar Equivalent Of K.A Stroud’s Engineering Mathematics - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / An English Grammar Equivalent Of K.A Stroud’s Engineering Mathematics (796 Views)

Kpakpa Grammar School 18+ / English Grammar Lesson / English Grammar Lesson (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

An English Grammar Equivalent Of K.A Stroud’s Engineering Mathematics by Nobody: 9:22am On Apr 20, 2018
Hi, please can anyone recommend an English Grammar equivalent of the K.A Stroud’s Engineering Mathematics textbook? Those who have used the K.A Stroud’s Engineering Mathematics (with Dexter J. Booth) textbook, can testify that the textbook is one of the best (if not the best) foundational engineering mathematics textbooks in the market.

Because of its well written, well laid out, easy to follow and comprehensive nature; It stands out among other engineering textbooks. Another reason why it is widely acclaimed is because it is all encompassing. That is, it tries to cover as much topics in (Engineering) Mathematics as possible (except maybe Real, Functional and Numerical Analysis). That said, can anyone recommend an English Grammar textbook that has achieve similar feat and standard.

I am not really good at both oral and written English reason being that I wasn’t the most serious and most attentive student in primary and secondary school. So, I didn’t really learn and inculcate what was taught in the English Language classes during those days. Now I wish to develop my English Grammar skills both for the sake of personal development and if I ever venture into writing in the nearest future.

My Major Weak Points
- I’m not good at Tenses (especially differentiating past tense from past participle…. That kind of stuff)
- I’m not good at implementing a good sentence structure (Lexis and Structure)… especially the use of prepositions (in, on, onto, under, inside, to, for, etc.)
- I’m not good at Singular and Plural… especially in verbs (is vs are, go vs goes, do vs does, have vs has)
- I’m not good at classifying words in their appropriate parts of speech classes

Summary
Please recommend an English Grammar text book that
- Is all encompassing in all parts of speech
- Is well written, well laid out and easy to follow
- Can be easily accessed (downloaded or bought) in Nigeria

Note: I’ve tried English Grammar for dummies and t’s not easy to follow…

Thank you very much
I appreciate all contribution made
Thanks…

CC: lalasticlala
Re: An English Grammar Equivalent Of K.A Stroud’s Engineering Mathematics by LordRahl001: 9:57pm On Apr 21, 2018
Visit www.akademia.ng, the site is very helpful for building your language skills.
Re: An English Grammar Equivalent Of K.A Stroud’s Engineering Mathematics by ambs50: 10:14am On Apr 23, 2018
Get a copy of "A UNiversity grammar of english" by randolph quirk and sydney greenbaum. Dat d equivalent of engineering mathematics for lang students

(1) (Reply)

Confession Of A Funnab Yahoo Boy (copied) / - / Content Writer Wanted (closed)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.