Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,006 members, 7,939,030 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 05:03 PM

Fcmb Treating Staffs As Slaves - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Fcmb Treating Staffs As Slaves (18209 Views)

Fcmb Or FINA TRUST Microfinancebank / See How Lagos Women Seeking For Job From SURE-P Turn To Sex Slaves / The Plight Of AIT/RAYPOWER STAFFS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fcmb Treating Staffs As Slaves by Wylout: 9:47pm On May 17, 2010
it so so sad###but wot exactly is the solution!!! Lets look for ways to solve all this and not create more for ourselves!

1 Like

Re: Fcmb Treating Staffs As Slaves by PapaBrowne(m): 9:52pm On May 17, 2010
utotomi50:

25k, damn thats bullshiiit. Even university part time jobs pay 10 times more than that.

A big fat lie!!!

Lets do the maths!! A part time job of 20 hrs/week at an average of $8-10 per Hr. That is $160- 200 per week! In a month that would be $640- $800 per month which is just btw 96k and 120k!

So my guy. . . . cool down!
Re: Fcmb Treating Staffs As Slaves by Nobody: 9:57pm On May 17, 2010
PapaBrowne:

How much do you think the bank makes on the 5 Million deposit You think that the money automatically becomes the bank's own??
FYI, the money belongs to the depositor and the average maximum COT that can accrue to the bank from that amount is actually just 25k using the standard 0.5% rate.

So if the bank will make only 25k on COT(in most transactions there would be no COT) from the 5 million you brought in, then I think that if they give you 25k, they are been way too generous!!

Nigerians and una"suffering worker" mentality!! If I had my way, I will hardly employ any Nigerian workers!!!

So Papa Browne I assume that by ur post they [ the staff we are discussing] are useless to the bank. a waste of resources and if so the question is why employ them in the first place.
Re: Fcmb Treating Staffs As Slaves by Nobody: 10:06pm On May 17, 2010
I think FCMB should have a reply to this post coz stuff like this is damaging even to a company listed on the stock exchange.

Anyway what i will tell the OP is what kind of contract staff are you talking about? well there might be some students waiting for NYSC call up been contract staffs for the Bank. it happens. so as a contract staff in some companies you are not entitled to the same benefits of an employee and you are even required to work in not the same conditions. so did you even know about that before you had something to do with them?

As a consultant myself i can consider that as a starting fee to help them get N100million customers. i dont know why people are shouting.
Re: Fcmb Treating Staffs As Slaves by Teel: 10:08pm On May 17, 2010
Annbolyn, you speak my mind. Pray God delivers us in dis nation.
Re: Fcmb Treating Staffs As Slaves by utotomi50(m): 10:13pm On May 17, 2010
PapaBrowne:

A big fat lie!!!

Lets do the maths!! A part time job of 20 hrs/week at an average of $8-10 per Hr. That is $160- 200 per week! In a month that would be $640- $800 per month which is just btw 96k and 120k!

So my guy. . . . cool down!

Well I work at a phone center and I make $9.25 an hour and I work 32 hours a week (as a student part time job)
Want proof, here it is:

http://www.foundation.iastate.edu/site/PageServer?pagename=about_employment_studentfundraiserpositions
Re: Fcmb Treating Staffs As Slaves by freshera: 10:14pm On May 17, 2010
It is because of issues like this that they have an ENFORCED minimum wage in more civilised countries. You can't push a man to the wall and expect him to still be a man by the time he turns what you see is a monster. Slave trade continues in Africa but this time around its blacks selling each other short. Black people accept too much rubbish. That is why we are wicked and ice-hearted.

SOLUTION: There should be a minimum wage for each level i.e. primary school, school cert, degree, masters, etc and it should be enforced. Banks and companies alike should stop being barbaric. At least these are citizens of Nigeria and not illegals grin
Re: Fcmb Treating Staffs As Slaves by pete(m): 10:22pm On May 17, 2010
My heart bleeds when I read stuff like this. I was ready to write my piece, up until I saw papabrown's post. Now, if he is right, then there is a situation there. I personally think that, an employer should not pay an employee 25K to bring in 5M. Thats just WRONG. Now, if what they bring in to the bank is actually 25K, then, as one poster rightly stated, don't hire them in the first place.

Its not argument that, take it or leave it, that is absolutely lame, then again, anything goes in Nigerian mentality. When the Oboris and Cecelia are walking with Billions, the young graduate is toiling the streets, thats what we need to change. Please once again, we need to put our lawmakers to work. Nearly everything in Nigeria needs a reform.

I'm about to be an employer or 5 to10 in Nigeria. I'll match the highest paid(in the field, excluding oil companies). However, you'll work for the pay, any laziness or attempt to defraud me or the company, you're out the door.

1 Like

Re: Fcmb Treating Staffs As Slaves by pete(m): 10:31pm On May 17, 2010
@ fresh,
you got a solid point just right there. I'm sorry to say, Nigerians are just very selfish when it comes to what they can get, regardless of whose horse is gored. A friend of mine burrowed money from a bank( as we always do here in the state)went home with over 70M naira, started a company, paid his staffers very well, but they turn around complaining and stealing all his stuff, isn't that sad? its dog eat dog at home.

I must tell you I love Nigeria too death, not running away, coming back big time, I will bring the money, pay well and give my employees "man to man" marking, LETS PLAY!, I'm not new to the system, A deputy district attorney in my county that we went to Ife together said, "no go o! them go kill you just for your money o!". I said, well, if they do, thats my luck, but I assure I will not go down alone, folks will waka with me too, na today? me wen don dodge bullet tire for warri, deceive yourself and call me americana, at the end we'll see who is the Americana, but back to the subject, please, govt. should pls help the big corps. do what is right.
Re: Fcmb Treating Staffs As Slaves by freshera: 10:37pm On May 17, 2010
pete:

@ fresh,
you got a solid point just right there. I'm sorry to say, Nigerians are just very selfish when it comes to what they can get, regardless of whose horse is gored. A friend of mine burrowed money from a bank( as we always do here in the state)went home with over 70M naira, started a company, paid his staffers very well, but they turn around complaining and stealing all his stuff, isn't that sad? its dog eat dog at home.

I must tell you I love Nigeria too death, not running away, coming back big time, I will bring the money, pay well and give my employees "man to man" marking, LETS PLAY!, I'm not new to the system, A deputy district attorney in my county that we went to Ife together said, "no go o! them go kill you just for your money o!". I said, well, if they do, thats my luck, but I assure I will not go down alone, folks will waka with me too, na today? me wen don dodge bullet tire for warri, deceive yourself and call me americana, at the end we'll see who is the Americana, but back to the subject, please, govt. should pls help the big corps. do what is right.

Really Nigerians do not have good work attitude. But that doesn't mean huamn beings should be treated like slaves. And please be careful in Nigeria. Shine ya eyes.
Re: Fcmb Treating Staffs As Slaves by pete(m): 10:39pm On May 17, 2010
The is poverty in Nigeria and its making people mad, I mean real mad. Corporations are taking advantage of the situation. Employees aren't helping too. Admitted, its not their fault, but the system is forced them to think in error mode.

Bank chiefs are making a "bank" out of the system and the poor graduates are working till 11pm even on sundays, its just not right.

Check this out, I was in Germany a few yrs ago, saw some danfos, decided to buy 4 and send to naija, had more than 10 people from the church and friends willing to drive, because I was going to do the drive, deliver certain amount and at the end of 6months or 1yr, the Danfo is yours.

When I got my Army contacts involved, asked the drivers to go to an Army officers office to sign papers stating that, they will obey the terms of the contract, they all backed out. Out of 12 selected, only one agreed to follow through. What I'm trying to say is that, honesty is scarce at home and this again makes the investors to be mean and want to kill the average employee before he or she kills them. Its sad, but hey, that's our almighty Nigeria.
Re: Fcmb Treating Staffs As Slaves by pete(m): 10:45pm On May 17, 2010
Shine my eyes? you can bet your last dime on that, I sure do and will always do. I pity the situation in Nigeria. I plan to ease it in my own little way. Employers are just mean and like I had noted, we would need our govt. to help. Force them to do right by the average citizen.

They must be socially responsible, help with schools, roads and education. Thats what being socially responsible means. Don't tell me they can't. They sure can. Please ask Cecilia and the rest of them.

Its not easy, folks, but we'll get there some day, one step at a time.
Re: Fcmb Treating Staffs As Slaves by freshera: 10:47pm On May 17, 2010
The people are corrupt beacuse the leaders are corrupt. We are only faithfully following our leaders. Afterall Nigerians were not as cold-hearted as they are now years ago. If we have honest, credible and accountable people in government there is every possibility that we will become better. I think we have been pushed to the wall. Salaries are bad, peole are suffering, harsh environments etc and you have people at the top mentioning million and billion everyday. Who won't go mad? cheesy
Re: Fcmb Treating Staffs As Slaves by Timmi: 11:14pm On May 17, 2010
Do they force it down your throat. FCMB offered 25k, which you are free to accept or not. So why are you complaining when you are free to walk away from it. Some people are just full of themself.
Re: Fcmb Treating Staffs As Slaves by stiyke(m): 11:47pm On May 17, 2010
PapaBrowne:

How much do you think the bank makes on the 5 Million deposit You think that the money automatically becomes the bank's own??
FYI, the money belongs to the depositor and the average maximum COT that can accrue to the bank from that amount is actually just 25k using the standard 0.5% rate.

So if the bank will make only 25k on COT(in most transactions there would be no COT) from the 5 million you brought in, then I think that if they give you 25k, they are been way too generous!!

Nigerians and una"suffering worker" mentality!! If I had my way, I will hardly employ any Nigerian workers!!!

You wrote exactly my mind. Also Remember that the COT if applicable might be only once as some ppl open accounts and leave it dormant, but the bank will keep paying the 25k monthly. Its not a matter of resigning or saying nigerians dont have feelings.
The truth is that Nigeria is a very hard environment for business to survive. So businesses are paying what they can to survive. I realised that unlike papabrown most of the posters arent looking at this issue from business owner's point of view. Though i feel its wrong for the worker to finance his marketing drive from the same 25k salary.
Re: Fcmb Treating Staffs As Slaves by Nobody: 12:27am On May 18, 2010
hahahaha, don't make me laugh folks, instead of spitting nonesence here, why not ask the poster for his qualifications, 25K can only be paid to bank employees with such post that graduate with just ND. This days banks do employ graduates with an ND certificate just to pay less. (THE MORE THE TIME SPENT IN SCHOOL, THE MORE UR SALARY, this is the motto of all banks in NAIJA.)
Re: Fcmb Treating Staffs As Slaves by Nobody: 12:40am On May 18, 2010
TODAY a banker is been paid 25K, TOMORROW u'll hear of medical doctors recieveing 15K as salary. You never can tell lol, lol, lol.
Re: Fcmb Treating Staffs As Slaves by cvibe: 3:35am On May 18, 2010
Really?
Re: Fcmb Treating Staffs As Slaves by Ogiade(m): 6:47am On May 18, 2010
You might want to ask these guys one question. Where they not given offer letters before they resumed work.Did they not see the terms and conditions of the offer. If yes, why complain now.
Re: Fcmb Treating Staffs As Slaves by Nobody: 6:55am On May 18, 2010
they are too greedy, i guess is only the manager that get the main cash package, the marketers in banks are use just like slaves undecided
Re: Fcmb Treating Staffs As Slaves by Nobody: 7:49am On May 18, 2010
Re: Fcmb Treating Staffs As Slaves by jokingmary(m): 8:12am On May 18, 2010
odiaero:

they are too greedy, i guess is only the manager that get the main cash package, the marketers in banks are use just like slaves undecided

exactly
Re: Fcmb Treating Staffs As Slaves by Nobody: 8:29am On May 18, 2010
I dont think this calls for sentiment,this is a bad situation lets accept it.why should you be asked to go marketing witout a car and the banks dont take responsibility for the calls with a target for 5million?lets ask qxns how it can be better not to start shouting resign,resign.if you take out your transport money,money for the rechg card how much will the staff have left for upkeep and keep in mind a job isnt suppossedto make you poorer but richer moneywise and mentally.I should think the essence of this forum is to bring about ideas how to improve our lives not hurl insults at eachother.
Re: Fcmb Treating Staffs As Slaves by igbonla(m): 8:41am On May 18, 2010
Welcome to the world of extreme capitalism! I don't give a hoot what your qualifications are but you can exercise your choice by walking.

1 Like

Re: Fcmb Treating Staffs As Slaves by dammytosh: 8:45am On May 18, 2010
@Poster,

Are you a university graduate ?
   Do you have 2-1 or more ?

If no then. You made your choice right from school.

FCMB does not employ graduates with less than 2-1 any consideration outside that is a favour from the bank and you sincerely have the option of saying.

"I humbly write to reject this offer. Thanks for your consideration."

I heard about a fellow DSA like you who collected more than 3million naira as commision from the deposit brought in. You can't read and you can't look for money and you want money.

Get a life and stop misleading fellow ignorant nairalanders.

For  education purpose. if you have all the standard bank's requirement as a graudate, the least FCMB will offer you is 2.2Million Naira per annum.

@All, please try not to be too sentimental about posts, there is always an option.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fcmb Treating Staffs As Slaves by cutiebabe: 8:48am On May 18, 2010
@ Papabrowne
You most obviously exhibited your ignorance talking about COT and all what not. Do u think that is the only profitable aspect of banking transactions, what happened to pool income generated on the deposits etc. Whatever analysis u made doesn't justify paying a graduate such meagre salary putting into consideration so many factors the poster enumerated.
Whatever the case maybe, let us face the facts and call a spade by its name, most employers are capitalising on the high level of unemployment in the country. And this kind of treatment is meted out on the low leveled staff 'cos those at the higher positions practically doesn't contribute much, yet they line their pockets with huge salaries, benefits even mago mago contracts.
God is our only strength.
Re: Fcmb Treating Staffs As Slaves by pku(f): 8:51am On May 18, 2010
Some of you will never understand what that young man is passing thru. I worked with FCMB for 2years and even as a middle management staff I noticed that they were insensitive to alot of staff-related matters.

1 Like

Re: Fcmb Treating Staffs As Slaves by Kx: 8:54am On May 18, 2010
If we swapped places with the guy thats being paid the 25k/a month,would we still respond to this thread d way we do?
just wondering
Re: Fcmb Treating Staffs As Slaves by pku(f): 9:04am On May 18, 2010
exactly! am sure we wouldn't. Its very demoralising.
Re: Fcmb Treating Staffs As Slaves by Nobody: 9:23am On May 18, 2010
dammytosh:

@Poster,

FCMB does not employ graduates with less than 2-1 any consideration outside that is a favour from the bank and you sincerely have the option of saying.

I heard about a fellow DSA like you who collected more than 3million naira as commision from the deposit brought in. You can't read and you can't look for money and you want money.

For education purpose. if you have all the standard bank's requirement as a graudate, the least FCMB will offer you is 2.2Million Naira per annum.

@All, please try not to be too sentimental about posts, there is always an option.
Maybe U need to read his post all over again b4 U start callign people ignorant making U look like the ignorant one. His complaints are not new. How can u ask someone to do work without giving him the basic tools to make the work easier? Maybe thats what a 2-1 does to one. it makes U an in sensitive jerk.
Re: Fcmb Treating Staffs As Slaves by sevule(m): 9:47am On May 18, 2010
dammytosh:

@Poster,

For  education purpose. if you have all the standard bank's requirement as a graudate, the least FCMB will offer you is 2.2Million Naira per annum.

This is the most ignorant,crass and insensitive reply I have seen in this forum and I hope the poster is not as ignorant and crass as his postings. So FCMB is doing graduates a favour by hiring them? Are the graduates not working? They are being paid to work not cos they got a 2.1 or 2.2 degree. And the DSA that got a commission of 3million probably brought in like 300million to the bank. In our economy how many people can mobilise a deposit of 300 million? What is wrong is wrong and paying slave wages to workers is just PLAIN WRONG!!!!!! If there is no need for the workers then do not hire them period!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Cooking Gas Business Or Keke / Vacancy / Bank Cleaner Or Petrol Attendant , Which One Is Better?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.