Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,120 members, 7,973,774 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 06:23 AM

People Are Fleeing Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / People Are Fleeing Nigeria (2681 Views)

Soldiers Arrest Fleeing Boko Haram Suspect In Plateau / Ayo Oluwaniyi, Stolen N400m: Army Detains Fleeing Soldier’s Wife, Children / I Took These Photos Of Fulanis Fleeing; Doctor Speaks On Nomadic Cattle Herding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: People Are Fleeing Nigeria by BENARI: 10:28pm On Apr 20, 2018
jaymichael:
Is it today that people have been fleeing Nigeria? The way some unpatriotic elements reason is just so appalling. One would think that before 2015 Nigeria was utopia and everyone was so prosperous that they could afford a car. To some, Nigeria "started" in 2015

If you're still a patriot in Nigeria of today, and honestly So, then I have nothing but respect for you.

Just hope you're not a blind sai Buhari supporter.

1 Like

Re: People Are Fleeing Nigeria by LZAA: 11:30pm On Apr 20, 2018
immhotep:
why dont we just blame GEJ and go on with our sai baba lives ? wink cheesy cheesy

cc lzaa onyeoga
grin grin

1 Like

Re: People Are Fleeing Nigeria by LZAA: 11:30pm On Apr 20, 2018
immhotep:
why dont we just blame GEJ and go on with our sai baba lives ? wink cheesy cheesy

cc lzaa onyeoga
grin grin

1 Like

Re: People Are Fleeing Nigeria by Nobody: 3:51am On Apr 21, 2018
jaymichael:
Is it today that people have been fleeing Nigeria? The way some unpatriotic elements reason is just so appalling. One would think that before 2015 Nigeria was utopia and everyone was so prosperous that they could afford a car. To some, Nigeria "started" in 2015

You have written well.
Re: People Are Fleeing Nigeria by NigeriaIsDoomed: 5:29am On Apr 21, 2018
madridguy:
Don't have money for visa

Don't have anyone that can send me invitation

But I know it's time to go on exile

hahaha
Re: People Are Fleeing Nigeria by Nobody: 6:13am On Apr 21, 2018
As oil continues to recover, the present Administration must continue its habit of saving our moneys.

The Buhari Administration has done quite well in the area of savings ($46b in foreign reserves presently). It must not relent, but should instead build on it.

Buhari 2019, Igbo Presidency 2023.
Re: People Are Fleeing Nigeria by Nobody: 6:31am On Apr 21, 2018
LZAA:

grin grin
resurgentxtian4 has finally gone grin
He will be a suffersticated hungry refugee; grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: People Are Fleeing Nigeria by Lot13(m): 8:11am On Apr 21, 2018
SalamRushdie:
Electricity has never been this bad I tell y'all, I barely get up to 5 hours of electricity in total a day
Electricity has improved tremendously in my area, and I commend this government for a job that is well done.
Re: People Are Fleeing Nigeria by SalamRushdie: 8:19am On Apr 21, 2018
Lot13:
Electricity has improved tremendously in my area, and I commend this government for a job that is well done.

Where do you stay sir?
Re: People Are Fleeing Nigeria by jaymichael(m): 8:24am On Apr 21, 2018
BENARI:

If you're still a patriot in Nigeria of today, and honestly So, then I have nothing but respect for you.

Just hope you're not a blind sai Buhari supporter.
My brethren, The greater it seems our challenges are insurmountable, the more I am having love for this country because I have reasoned that complains and blame trading will not move this country forward. To some, as long as their preferred candidate doesn't win the election, then every bad things have the right to befall the country just to present the incumbent in a bad light. It pierces my soul to see that a whole lot of 'youths' that took offense with the president's statement were the same people that vigorously defend the "ordinary stealing is not corruption" statement. They supported the "Nwobodo stole an amount not enough to buy a Peugeot" statement by the ex president. They so love this country that they supported Trump's "shithole" comments and use every opportunity to call Nigeria a 'shithole' country. They sang the praise of a LUNATIC KANU that called our country a zoo and use every opportunity and event (even their own failures) to call Nigeria a zoo. It begs the question to what ends are their frustrations and offense to everything the president says or does. To me based on the aforementioned, it isn't for patriotic reasons.
In the last electioneering, I told people that PMB cannot solve all Nigeria's problems. Based on the economic indices and challenges in all spheres, juxtaposed with resources and means available, it is impossible to fulfill most campaign promises but I personally set only two points agenda for them.
1. Rescue the economy from the downward trajectory we were heading (remember we couldn't pay for subsidy any longer and Ngozi Iweala was borrowing to pay salaries even at an higher oil price)
2. Show intent and purpose to overcome the country's challenges especially in areas of security and the economy. I know that sometimes all you want to achieve is hampered by the limited resources you have at your disposal. If they are sincere and put in their best efforts, the next administration will take over from where they stop.
In this two areas, I think they have fared well to a large extent at least compared to the last administration. I support PMB doesn't mean If I feel another candidate can do the job better, I won't vote him/her..
I wish progress for myself so I wish progress for this country because if this country is destroyed as some naysayers want, it is you and I that will suffer for it and not those political elites who have everything (money, power and influence) to give themselves and their generation unborn the best lifestyle on earth. Even if you can afford to jet out of the country, what of your parents, family and loved ones left behind?

1 Like

Re: People Are Fleeing Nigeria by LZAA: 9:54am On Apr 21, 2018
immhotep:
He will be a suffersticated hungry refugee; grin
progress09 wee undastand dat type of refugee tins grin
Re: People Are Fleeing Nigeria by Nobody: 10:26am On Apr 21, 2018
LZAA:

progress09 wee undastand dat type of refugee tins grin
that is how APC destroys the normal human brain grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: People Are Fleeing Nigeria by Kokolet11: 11:02am On Apr 21, 2018
igbodefender:
Nigeria is not at war. At least, unless you are in some Middle Belt States were herdsmen are disputing with farmers in a very bloody way, you won’t argue this point.

But the way people are leaving the country in droves, you would think it was the Titanic sinking.

People are fleeing because the economy is kaput. I mean, nothing works.

Electricity is almost nonexistent in a country that has lots of coal deposits lying fallow. Businesses are closing down fast because there is no one to buy and rents to pay.

Youths are hopeless and depressed because, no jobs. President Buhari said more than 60% of the population are youths. Most have no jobs. Hmm…

But I still have hope that my country will one day be the peaceful, lawful economically working country it was meant to be.

Source: http://zikistmovement.igbodefender.com/2018/04/20/people-are-fleeing-nigeria/
and after everything you still want us to vote apc?ask yourself do you have sense?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Endsars Police Injured As Protesters, Damage Bulletproof Lexus LX 570 SUV Belong / 2023: Jonathan In Closed Door Meeting Ahead Of Declaration Of His Position / Us Dollar -to Naira Exchange Rate - Last 3 Governors Of The Cbn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.