Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,069 members, 7,939,299 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 10:35 PM

Popular DJ Avicii Dies At 28 - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Popular DJ Avicii Dies At 28 (426 Views)

Bobby Brown's Son, Bobby Jr Dies At 28 / Update: Avicii Cause Of Death Confirmed As Suicide In Family Statement / Swedish DJ Avicii Dies At 28 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Popular DJ Avicii Dies At 28 by Rickyrick: 8:34pm On Apr 20, 2018

Swedish-born DJ Avicii, whose birth name was Tim Bergling, died today Friday April 20, 2018, in Muscat, Oman at age 28.

His publicist, Ebba Lindqvist announced that he had died in a statement:

“The family is devastated and we ask everyone to please respect their need for privacy in this difficult time, No further statements will be given.”

He died days after he was nominated for a Billboard Music Award for top dance/electronic album for his EP “Avicii (01).” The cause of his death hasn’t been revealed yet.

He suffered from acute pancreatitis due to excessive drinking. In 2014 he had his gallbladder and appendix removed, which in turn made him cancel a lot of shows so he could recover, and in 2016 he quit touring but continued making music in the studio.

He was a pioneer of the contemporary Electronic Dance Movement and a rare DJ capable of worldwide arena tour. He won two MTV Music Awards, one Billboard Music Award and earned two Grammy nominations. His biggest hit was “Le7els.”

He was a Musician, DJ, remixer and record producer who played instruments like Guitar, piano, keyboards, synthesizers, FL Studio and Logic Pro.

Some of his popular hits are: “I Could Be the One” with Nicky Romero, “Wake Me Up“, “You Make Me“, “X You“, “Hey Brother“, “Addicted to You“, “The Days“, “The Nights“, “Levels“, “Waiting for Love“, “Without You” and “Lonely Together“. He released his debut studio album, True, in 2013.

Avicii started producing at age 16 and at age 18 he began touring.

Our thoughts and prayers goes to his family.

Rest Well Avicii.

Source: https://wendynonso./2018/04/20/popular-dj-avicii-dies-at-28/

Re: Popular DJ Avicii Dies At 28 by mumureloaded(m): 8:36pm On Apr 20, 2018
bxbn
Re: Popular DJ Avicii Dies At 28 by omocalabar(m): 9:13pm On Apr 20, 2018
He has gone to Valhalla

(1) (Reply)

My Campus Boyfriend Request Sex Please What Can I Do / S / #bbnaija: Humblesmith Does Shaku Shaku Dance To Celebrate Miracle Win

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.