Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,990 members, 7,873,188 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:31 AM

. - Politics (143) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / . (593640 Views)

IGBO POLITICAL LEADERS N THEIR PAST MISADVENTURES RESULTING IN CURRENT NAT PROBL / Junaid Mohammed: Igbo Political Leaders Haven’t Learnt Any Lesson From Civil War / Buhari And Economic Advisory Council In Close Door Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) ... (732) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by superlightning: 10:26am On Sep 10, 2018
God bless alaigbo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Nobody: 10:30am On Sep 10, 2018
InyinyaAgbaOku:

You lie.
Enugu has a flyover at Port Harcourt street, beside Jehovah Witness Kingdom Hall , off Osadebe street.
The flyover is atop a rail line. What's your problem?
Re: . by Nobody: 10:32am On Sep 10, 2018
Cjrane2:

It is sad when Igbos argue blindly about Enugu that they are suppossed to know about.
Think of what other tribes would be doing.

I have said it that if we get every SE city to have the basic planning and roads infrastructure in Enugu, the region will be a medium developed country. What Enugu lacks is how to bring and keep businesses in the city NOT flyovers or roads.

Chino abeg come and confirm this
Re: . by Nobody: 10:35am On Sep 10, 2018
Cjrane2:
In the last 10 years, Enugu now builds tunnels rather than flyovers. Perhaps because they are cheaper.

Overpasses and tunnels in Enugu.

Chai. Chino can you see this. Abeg my apologizes to everyone here. I taught Chino was right.

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 10:38am On Sep 10, 2018
EzeOnyembo:

The most annoying part is that the Nnamdijonathan guy has never in his entire life stepped foot in AlaIgbo, he is only making his claims base on 'hear say' and some misinformation chino with his many monikers is feeding him cheesy .....

Thanks guys for correcting him maka na asi 'Ihe ojo gbaa afo, ya agho omenala'

Na mistake. Abeg sorry.
Re: . by SwedishDocument: 10:45am On Sep 10, 2018
You no get eyes? To you is an overpass the same thing as a flyover?

nnamdijonathan:

Chai. Chino can you see this. Abeg my apologizes to everyone here. I taught Chino was right.
Re: . by SwedishDocument: 10:49am On Sep 10, 2018
I don't know how an ordinary overpass is the same thing as flyover. These are examples of a flyover. The state does not have a single flyover, what it has is an overpass bridge. Anyone that is ready should come and face me with the argument. Thank you

1 Like

Re: . by Ttipsy(f): 1:11pm On Sep 10, 2018
SwedishDocument:
I don't know how an ordinary overpass is the same thing as flyover. These are examples of a flyover. The state does not have a single flyover, what it has is an overpass bridge. Anyone that is ready should come and face me with the argument. Thank you
lol.. don't mind em, he doesn't know the difference between a flyover and an overpass. should I say he's daft?? Enugu doesn't have a well defined flyover...

1 Like

Re: . by DanielOc: 1:41pm On Sep 10, 2018
Ttipsy:
lol.. don't mind em, he doesn't know the difference between a flyover and an overpass. should I say he's daft?? Enugu doesn't have a well defined flyover...

bro, it doesn't matter so long as it serves it purpose and looks clean and beautiful, that's way to go.....

Besides, i don't see reasons for this unnecessary comparison btwn the duo states or any other part of AlaIgbo...

Anyi bu 'Ofu, maka Ala bu otu [Oneness]

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Xander85: 1:47pm On Sep 10, 2018
AnambraDota:

It's all lies and excuse to justify incompetency.
The four areas inside the upper Iweka interchange have scanty trees planted there and they don't produce enough oxygen to balance the human activities around the upper Iweka axis.

On the hand is Eastern Academy, look at the school and see how bare it is, the school is so arid and dry that you think Sahara desert is encroaching on the land. Why can't trees be planted in the school.

Opposite the school is Toronto Hospital with little or no trees, why don't Anambra State government mandate areas like this to plant trees like Lagos is doing.

Now the stretch from down flyover to Moore Street have no single tree, if Obi and Obiano were human enough they would know that the road need to be dualized continuing from the flyover, they will plant trees in the middle like Rochas would have done.

From Relief Market to Obosi flyover is bare, the park Obi built before Tiger Industry, dude covered everywhere with concrete, no trees and no buildings, the intensity of the sun there na die.

From Obodoukwu Road to Uga Junction, the place is so disgusting not just with bad road but dirts, if Anambra State government is a little bit serious like the e-urchins make us to believe, they would have give so road facelift.

The show of shame Obiano did at DMGS roundabout, if Obiano have an eye for aesthetism Oguta Road, Awka Road would be dualized and trees planted in the maiden to compliment the roundabout. He went there dump the tacky job and start making his usual noise

I like how you say it as it is no matter whose ox is gored! There's a lot of mediocrity going on in the SE and someone needs to call our gov'ts out on it!

3 Likes

Re: . by ANSMEDIA: 4:17pm On Sep 10, 2018
Having traced their roots to Igboland via DNA, Ten African Americans/Canadian of Igbo Ancestry were inducted as our brothers and sisters, issued with Igbo names and allocated plots of land for residence during the 2018Eri Festival.

4 Likes

Re: . by ANSMEDIA: 4:20pm On Sep 10, 2018
ANSMEDIA:
Having traced their roots to Igboland via DNA, Ten African Americans/Canadian of Igbo Ancestry were inducted as our brothers and sisters, issued with Igbo names and allocated plots of land for residence during the 2018Eri Festival.

5 Likes

Re: . by horsepower101: 4:49pm On Sep 10, 2018
ANSMEDIA:
Having traced their roots to Igboland via DNA, Ten African Americans/Canadian of Igbo Ancestry were inducted as our brothers and sisters, issued with Igbo names and allocated plots of land for residence during the 2017 Eri Festival.

A lot of African-Americans are beginning to invest in Ghana because of their decades of open door policy towards African Americans. There are so many pro-African groups within African-American comunities that want to connect with their past.

It will be in the long term interests of Ndigbo to welcome and embrace these brothers and sisters as Ghana is currently doing. In the future, We should dedicate a parcel of land for returning African Americans to settle and build home..

If backward and killer herdsmen can freely roam our lands, why cant we open our land to those that really love us and our culture...

8 Likes

Re: . by InvertedHammer: 5:43pm On Sep 10, 2018
OreMI22:

I am of the opinion that private entrepreneurs interested in real estate should invest in decent multistorey buildings than building just duplexes or bungalows. I know duplexes look better, but not everyone can afford them and the space of land to accommodate 1,000 families in duplexes will accommodate 5,000 families if you built multi-storey buildings.

But, the essential amenities as water, parking and decent environment should also be provided for the multi-storey residential areas.
/
We have to be realistic with our expectations.
Multi-storey buildings and skyscrapers sound exciting. But how are we going to live in them? Epileptic power supply alone will kill the dream. We have seen how much Nigerian government cares about development.
Our prayers now is to get Nigeria to be a third world country first.
/

3 Likes

Re: . by weownthewest: 5:57pm On Sep 10, 2018
InyinyaAgbaOku:

You lie.
Enugu has a flyover at Port Harcourt street, beside Jehovah Witness Kingdom Hall , off Osadebe street.
The flyover is atop a rail line. What's your problem?
Re: . by Nobody: 7:44pm On Sep 10, 2018
This swedishdocument guy abi what is his name and Ttipsy we've heard enough of your childish whining, they claimed that Enugu has no flyover or Interchange they were proven wrong, now they've shifted the goalpost to a "well defined" flyover. undecided undecided
Will these guys ever get tired?? It's like they just want to satisfy themselves that Enugu is inadequate in a particular area.
How many people have fled enugu because we don't have a "well defined" flyover or how many people have died because of that?? What we have has and and is working for us perfectly, that's why they were built and not "well defined" flyovers.
Before the crime was that Enugu has red soil, now we have committed another crime by not having "well defined" flyovers.
If these two lame points were all THEY could use to prove that Enugu is inadequate, then I must say that Enugu isn't doing bad at all.
Indeed Enugu is inadequate, every state is, but unfortunately, building "well defined" flyovers won't help us defeat our inadequacy, not even a bit. I believe there are more important things we should be loosing sleep over.

6 Likes

Re: . by SwedishDocument: 7:59pm On Sep 10, 2018
Nwokem stop rambling and chewing words like gworo. Ofcourse there's no big deal about having flyovers but claiming to have what you don't have is a NO NO for me. Inugo. cool

Rgade:
This swedishdocument guy abi what is his name and Ttipsy we've heard enough of your childish whining, they claimed that Enugu has no flyover or Interchange they were proven wrong, now they've shifted the goalpost to a "well defined" flyover. undecided undecided
Will these guys ever get tired?? It's like they just want to satisfy themselves that Enugu is inadequate in a particular area.
How many people have fled enugu because we don't have a "well defined" flyover or how many people have died because of that?? What we have has and and is working for us perfectly, that's why they were built and not "well defined" flyovers.
Before the crime was that Enugu has red soil, now we have committed another crime by not having "well defined" flyovers.
If these two lame points were all THEY could use to prove that Enugu is inadequate, then I must say that Enugu isn't doing bad at all.
Indeed Enugu is inadequate, every state is, but unfortunately, building "well defined" flyovers won't help us defeat our inadequacy, not even a bit. I believe there are more important things we should be loosing sleep over.
Re: . by Abagworo(m): 10:01pm On Sep 10, 2018
Enugu has a lot of flyovers that link the expressway to the city at almost every entry point. We must thank Shehu Shagari and Obasanjo government of old for deeming it fit to construct such future relief especially now that Enugu urbanization is crossing over to the other side of the expressway. Port-Harcourt never got such gesture on Aba road. Onitsha also benefited at Upper Iweka interchange which wouldn't have been possible to build now if it wasn't built then.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: . by Nobody: 11:51pm On Sep 10, 2018
SwedishDocument:
Nwokem stop rambling and chewing words like gworo. Ofcourse there's no big deal about having flyovers but claiming to have what you don't have is a NO NO for me. Inugo. cool

Okay Enugu has no flyovers.
I hope you can now sleep well.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: . by superlightning: 12:02am On Sep 11, 2018
Rgade:

my brother dont mind them especialiy swedishdocument. first they attacked abia, then they shifted to imo and ebonyi, now they have faced enugu. when you see these guys, feel sorry for them. their inferiority complex is appaling

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: . by Nobody: 1:49am On Sep 11, 2018
SwedishDocument:

oga a simple search of enugu (using google earth app) would prove you wrong.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: . by Dreamkiller: 3:23am On Sep 11, 2018
Igbos are the ones begging for positions in government,b egging to be given Biafra, begging begging begging, talking about how they've been marginalized but not looking inward. The problem is low birth rate, family planning contraceptives that is filled in Igbo land. The truth is you can't get biafra, you can't get the beautiful Igbo land that you all dream of.
you all need to start doing something about your birth rate. if you were the majority or if your birth rate wasn't dropping at a faster rate, will you be begging?

you need an people. you all need people to fight for you. If you have a good population. you would never have been ignored by any government.

you would've been the one in the government.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by SwedishDocument: 6:17am On Sep 11, 2018
What is this poor old man yapping?

Abagworo:
Enugu has a lot of flyovers that link the expressway to the city at almost every entry point. We must thank Shehu Shagari and Obasanjo government of old for deeming it fit to construct such future relief especially now that Enugu urbanization is crossing over to the other side of the expressway. Port-Harcourt never got such gesture on Aba road. Onitsha also benefited at Upper Iweka interchange which wouldn't have been possible to build now if it wasn't built then.
Re: . by SwedishDocument: 6:18am On Sep 11, 2018
Please do the search for me? Mr right

eduj:

oga a simple search of enugu (using google earth app) would prove you wrong.
Re: . by SwedishDocument: 6:21am On Sep 11, 2018
Chai..see this one from dead Abia state? So others are talking then someone from a dead state is talking too. I can acknowledge that Anambra, Enugu, imo and Ebonyi are worthy states but not a dead Abia state.

Redflame aka superlightning go and hide your face because you are stateless, i mean your state is dead. Ndo oo cool

[s]
superlightning:

my brother dont mind them especialiy swedishdocument. first they attacked abia, then they shifted to imo and ebonyi, now they have faced enugu. when you see these guys, feel sorry for them. their inferiority complex is appaling
[/s]
Re: . by ckenneths(m): 9:08am On Sep 11, 2018
Owerri, Imo state.......

3 Likes

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 9:10am On Sep 11, 2018
A new bypass created in Owerri.........

3 Likes

Re: . by Afam4eva(m): 9:10am On Sep 11, 2018
^^ Isn't that beside Priceless Stores?

1 Like

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 9:12am On Sep 11, 2018
A new fuel service station along Aba road, Owerri......

3 Likes

Re: . by Afam4eva(m): 9:12am On Sep 11, 2018
Let me not lie. The Owerri that i went to on 3 different occasions just 2 months ago was not impressive at all. I prefer the Owerri that i went to severally in 2015/2016. Now, it just seems like almost every road is bad and even the ones that used to be okay have been destroyed all in the name of reconstructing them. A case in point is Wetheral Road.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 9:13am On Sep 11, 2018
Afam4eva:
^^ Isn't that beside Priceless Stores?

I don't think so, priceless stores are around New Owerri.
Re: . by Afam4eva(m): 9:15am On Sep 11, 2018
ckenneths:

I don't think so, priceless stores are around New Owerri.
I was actually referring to the first picture. You may be right though.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) ... (732) (Reply)

Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa / Nairaland Says No To Secessionists / Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.