Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,453 members, 7,937,379 topics. Date: Sunday, 01 September 2024 at 10:58 PM

. - Politics (259) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / . (607081 Views)

IGBO POLITICAL LEADERS N THEIR PAST MISADVENTURES RESULTING IN CURRENT NAT PROBL / Junaid Mohammed: Igbo Political Leaders Haven’t Learnt Any Lesson From Civil War / Buhari And Economic Advisory Council In Close Door Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) ... (732) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by basilo101: 8:06pm On Oct 07, 2018
pazienza:

So, he would sell Enugu short for his personal interest.

The PDP primaries was broadcasted all over the world. Imagine the kind of media publicity and free advertising hosting such event could have done for Enugu.

There is a reason Nations and cities choose to host events that would be globally broadcasted, despite the huge cost that would be incurred in puting necessary infrastructure, organization and security on ground.

Until proven otherwise, Ugwuanyi goofed big time. And this must be condemned if it were made for selfish interests considerations.
A good Governor must always try to market his state to the world.
It was pure selfishness. Thank God their candidate failed
Re: . by superlightning: 8:07pm On Oct 07, 2018
Osagyefo98:

U think igbo go better on nairaland..

Better go fix ur brain and start thinking

For us nairaland is just a relaxation centre morelike a playground.

My brother, its pazienza. I know his antics.
Re: . by pazienza(m): 8:07pm On Oct 07, 2018
basilo101:

Do you know the amount of money the event will bring into the city? Another news have that only enugu votes was shared in SE while atiku won by a eide margin in others. Wike and Ugwuani were working together for Tambuwal. While Wike is hustling gor VP it's unclear what ugwuanyi was promised

Interesting development. The plot is thickening.

1 Like

Re: . by superlightning: 8:10pm On Oct 07, 2018
Osagyefo98:

We are an important factor in igboland that's y ur so called kanu called for election boycott in annambra state but was heavily disgraced by the turnout of overwhelming electorates.

You are boring me with your stale and half-truth stories. pazienza try something else.

*yawns*
Re: . by basilo101: 8:11pm On Oct 07, 2018
pazienza:
In civilized climes. This accusation is grave and must be investigated by the opposition parties.

Ndi Enugu deserve to know why Ugwuanyi shortchanged the entire state of the opportunity to gain from such money spinning event like PDP primaries. As well as denying the state the opportunity for undivided media coverage and advertisement of her potentials and positive strides.

We cant allow these political office holders in Igboland, keep making selfish decisions that is detrimental to the rest of us.

We need to start holding these people accountable.
Bros 4get talk. All politicians are like that
Re: . by Nobody: 8:12pm On Oct 07, 2018
superlightning:

You are boring me with your stale and half-truth stories. pazienza try something else.

*yawns*

What is this one saying.
Re: . by Nobody: 8:13pm On Oct 07, 2018
superlightning:

My brother, its pazienza. I know his antics.

#sighs
Re: . by pazienza(m): 8:14pm On Oct 07, 2018
basilo101:

Bros 4get talk. All politicians are like that

Yes. Politicians only become useful to the society when held accountable for their actions by well informed society, via vibrant opposition politics and mass campaign.

1 Like

Re: . by basilo101: 8:20pm On Oct 07, 2018
pazienza:

Yes. Politicians only become useful to the society when held accountable for their actions by well informed society, via vibrant opposition politics and mass campaign.
It's not as if he has committed a heinous crime bro. All na politics
Re: . by GuyWise(m): 8:23pm On Oct 07, 2018
superlightning:

Stop fooling yourself nwanne. You know its your other moniker.
You are misrepresenting Pazienza, it's like you joined Nairaland or politics section recently? The man is one of the strong Igbo men in this forum he has no time to do what you are accusing of.
Re: . by pazienza(m): 8:25pm On Oct 07, 2018
basilo101:

It's not as if he has committed a heinous crime bro. All na politics

He committed "misrepresentation".

He's elected to defend and secure ndi Enugu best interests.
He out of selfish interests, relegated a decision that could have benefited the people he was elected to represent, to secondary consideration. Its not a crime, but it doesn't speak good of him.

We all cry we want Igboland to be like Western first nations.
Well, until we change the way we relate with and hold elected political office holders to ransom. We would never get there.

Puting selfish interests ahead of group interests is the hallmark of poor leadership and the bane of third world countries and their political office holders.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by GuyWise(m): 8:35pm On Oct 07, 2018
The convention has come and gone, what we should be focusing on now is to present an able man or woman who will be made the VP.

Pdp will be handling SE to Apc if they fail to appiont a VP from SE.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by pazienza(m): 8:41pm On Oct 07, 2018
GuyWise:
The convention has come and gone, what we should be focusing on now is to present an able man or woman who will be made the VP.

Pdp will be handling SE to Apc if they fail to appiont a VP from SE.

First of all, we will do well to denounce any attempt by anyone to sell the SE/SS fraud.

There is no SE/SS. What we have is SE and SS.

SS produced PDP VP in 2007 , the last time PDP produced a Northern presidential candidate. Edwin Clark made sure Ijaws took the SS slot.

For equity, justice and fairness, the VP slot must be conceded to SE by PDP.

If they don't, we leave them to their fate and try to negotiate a truce with Buhari.

In 2023, APC would produce a Yoruba President, then we can again make demand for a PDP VP slot.

I can't even believe SS persons are eyeing the VP slot. How the hell could they even be thinking of such? Do they take us for fools?

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: . by Cjrane2: 8:42pm On Oct 07, 2018
pazienza:

Is it that costly an event to host?

Were the delegates fed by Rivers state government.

Other than just providing a suitable venue and security, were there other monetary commitment involved?

Bros,
Please don't trust these yoruba Lagos-Ibadan express road press. They always write everything as though "Igbo" made some mistake and it is Yoruba that has sense.

Meanwhile, the same Atyiku the bastardized so much in the media, watch how they will try to lure him with praises to choose a Yoruba running mate. Once he does not, which i know he would not, they will turn into vicious dogs again and say how corrupt he is and how he is on FBI most corrupt list etc.

Please stop being easily swayed by these people's well crafted write up. It is exactly engineered to make you reason that there is always a single right option for every problem which is fundamentally false.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by pazienza(m): 8:44pm On Oct 07, 2018
Cjrane2:

Bros,
Please don't trust these yoruba Lagos-Ibadan express road press. They always write everything as though "Igbo" made some mistake and it is Yoruba that has sense.

Meanwhile, the same Atyiku the bastardized so much in the media, watch how they will try to lure him with praises to choose a Yoruba running mate. Once he does not, which i know he would not, they will turn into vicious dogs again and say how corrupt he is and how he is on FBI most corrupt list etc.

Please stop being easily swayed by these people's well crafted write up. It is exactly engineered to make you reason that there is always a single right option for every problem which is fundamentally false.

Okay.

1 Like

Re: . by pazienza(m): 8:46pm On Oct 07, 2018

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by GuyWise(m): 8:51pm On Oct 07, 2018
pazienza:

First of all, we will do well to denounce any attempt by anyone to sell the SE/SS fraud.

There is no SE/SS. What we have is SE and SS.

SS produced PDP VP in 2007 , the last time PDP produced a Northern presidential candidate. Edwin Clark made sure Ijaws took the SS slot.

For equity, justice and fairness, the VP slot must be conceded to SE by PDP.

If they don't, we leave them to their fate and try to negotiate a truce with Buhari.

In 2023, APC would produce a Yoruba President, then we can again make demand for a PDP VP slot.

I can't even believe SS persons are eyeing the VP slot. How the hell could they even be thinking of such? Do they take us for fools?
You are right, the Igbos from SS? must not try to fool us again to collect the VP slot, it will be highly rejected.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: . by pazienza(m): 8:57pm On Oct 07, 2018
GuyWise:

You are right, the Igbos from SS? must not try to fool us again to collect the VP slot, it will be highly rejected.

Arrgh. That one is dead on arrival.
Any Igboid from SS that comes with the I'm Igbo opportunistic mantra will receive the worst embarrassment of their lives, and properly be told to wait For SS slot next time.
This time is SE slot.

The earlier we learnt to stop giving up our own aspirations for ungrateful Nigerian groups outside SE, whose stock in trade is to come with the "I'm Igbo" mantra, the better for us.

For all the support we gave to GEJ and SS. How exactly are these people repaying us back?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: . by superlightning: 9:00pm On Oct 07, 2018
GuyWise:

The Igbo from SS should behave, they already enjoy PDP chairmanship. They should leave VP slot to SE Igbo abeg.
Re: . by pazienza(m): 9:03pm On Oct 07, 2018
The greatest threat to Igbo interests in Nigeria today are two.

1. The Igbos who derive their power not from Ndiigbo, but from Nigeria as an entity.

2. The "non Igbo" Igbos.

I will elaborate on the second group today.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by GuyWise(m): 9:04pm On Oct 07, 2018
superlightning:

The Igbo from SS should behave, they already enjoy PDP chairmanship. They should leave VP slot to SE Igbo abeg.
That's the point we are not going to drag it with anybody.
Re: . by superlightning: 9:05pm On Oct 07, 2018
GuyWise:

That's the point we are not going to drag it with anybody.

Sure.
Re: . by raker300: 9:09pm On Oct 07, 2018
Love the new anambra roundabout

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by raker300: 9:12pm On Oct 07, 2018
Onitsha, anambra

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by pazienza(m): 9:25pm On Oct 07, 2018
The date was December 2010. It was the year an Ijaw man by the name GEJ came to visit Ojukwu and sought for the Igbo support in his agenda to succeed late Yaradua as elected Nigerian President, which would involve destroying the PDP zoning formula, which stipulated that the North should complete their 8years tenure before power could return to the South in 2015, with SE being a strong contender for presidential slot, in 2015, should power return to the South.

Events leading to GEJ visit to Ojukwu was chaotic. A group of Igbo elders who were of the opinion that Ndiigbo would enter into a political wilderness should they help GEJ usurp the PDP zoning formulae, and sought to reach out to Northern elders in stopping GEJ ascension, led by the likes of Ekwueme and Jim Nwobodo , were locked out of their Concorde hotel Owerri state venue for their meeting, under the instruction of Ohakim, who it was rumoured, was working in consonance with GEJ.

These were the events that preceded GEJ visit to Ojukwu (Eze Igbo Gburugburu) at his Enugu residence.

Once at Enugu GEJ started the "I am Igbo" deception message.
Let's hear him out :

: “I am here to inform the people of the South East that I and Vice President Namadi Sambo are vying for presidency and to seek the support of the South East zone. I believe you will support us because I am one of you. I consider himself as an Igbo man because of the circumstances of my birth and I believe you all regard me as your own son.”

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/12/jonathan-visits-ojukwu-in-enugu/

And this was how it began. The news spread wide and near that GEJ is one of us, an Igbo man. You see, we had reduced the Igbo tag to such a cheap commodity that everybody can now come and tell us they are Igbo. We even have those who are Igbos at convenient time, and non Igbos when It was no longer convenient.
We threw caution to the wind. We opened our hands and accepted the "non Igbo" Igbo man, relegating our own group agenda to the background. Yet, the elders amongst us warned us about the consequences of our actions then, but we were too myopic to see the future.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: . by GuyWise(m): 9:36pm On Oct 07, 2018
This must not repeat itself again, we have been used and used and used by this SS, we are not fools this brotherhood is not helping SE at all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: . by pazienza(m): 9:43pm On Oct 07, 2018
In this explosive interview by Max Gbanite in 2010, titled "South East Governors Have mortgaged the future of Ndiigbo ", Max exhibited an uncanny foresight into the future that we behold today. It's a long interview, so I would only post the relevant parts .

Who do you mean by us?

The southeast that you are talking about; now this is the second time in the history of Nigeria that the southeast, Ndiigbo, is going to make a decision that will affect the Igbo generations of today, tomorrow and those yet unborn and I must say that in making that decision, we must be very cautious. The first was in January 15, 1966 after that Nzeogwu’s coup; the nation waited to see if any prominent Igbo man would condemn the coup. The likes of Mbazulike Amaechi who was a parliamentarian and who has hurriedly endorsed Jonathan today, the likes of K.O. Mbadiwe were busy restructuring themselves for personal gains, forcing Nwafor Orizu to handover government to Aguiyi-Ironsi.
Aguiyi-Ironsi was a reluctant head of state, he asked the civilians to call government but some cabal within (just like Jonathan has a cabal today) goaded him to carry on, that ‘you don’t relinquish power, you must take power and that cost him his life.’ And then the silence of this prominent Igbo allowed the nation to think and believe that the Igbo people had an agenda in that coup of 1966 that led to a pogrom which ultimately led to the civil war and we lost what we had gained in Nigeria. That coup was the greatest anti-Igbo coup in the annals of Nigerian history.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Bede2u(m): 9:44pm On Oct 07, 2018
pazienza:
The date was December 2010. It was the year an Ijaw man by the name GEJ came to visit Ojukwu and seek for the Igbo support in his agenda to succeed late Yaradua as elected Nigerian President, which would involve destroying the PDP zoning formulae, which stipulated that the North should complete their 8years tenure before power could return to the South in 2015, with SE being a strong contender for presidential slot, in 2015, should power return to the South.

Events leading to GEJ visit to Ojukwu was chaotic. A group of Igbo elders who were of the opinion that Ndiigbo would enter into a political wilderness should their help GEJ usurp the PDP zoning formulae, and sought to reach out to Northern elders in stopping GEJ ascension, led by the likes of Ekwueme, were locked out of their Concorde hotel Owerri state venue for their meeting, under the instruction of Ohakim, who it was rumoured, was working in consonance with GEJ.

These were the events that preceded GEJ visit to Ojukwu (Eze Igbo Gburugburu) at his Enugu residence.

Once at Enugu GEJ started the "I am Igbo" deception message.
Let's hear him out :

: “I am here to inform the people of the South East that I and Vice President Namadi Sambo are vying for presidency and to seek the support of the South East zone. I believe you will support us because I am one of you. I consider himself as an Igbo man because of the circumstances of my birth and I believe you all regard me as your own son.”

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/12/jonathan-visits-ojukwu-in-enugu/

And this was how it began. The news spread wide and near that GEJ is one of us, an Igbo man. You see, we had reduced the Igbo tag to such a cheap commodity that everybody can now come and tell us they are Igbo. We even those who are Igbos at convenient time, and non Igbos when It was no longer convenient.
We threw caution to the wind. We opened our hands and accepted the "non Igbo" Igbo man, relegating our own group agenda to the background. Yet, the elders amongst us warned us about the consequences of our actions then, but we were too myopic to see the future.

i wont blame igbos for supporting gej in 2011...but i will blame us for supporting him in 2015.

I for one voted buhari in 2015...u can check my old post in 2014.

Gej didnt really realise the opportunity he was given to vigorously pursue an ss/se agenda. So in effect he dealth a blow on the ss/se block. 2nd niger bridge, eastern ports, eastern airports, eastern fg roads, eastern fg unis, eastern politicians' empowerment. Those where his jobs, he did the last one and left the others.

Seeing the hand righting on the wall, smart se politicians should have forced him not to contest the pdp ticket. He should have called someone like david mark, ribadu or even his vp sambo and given them the ticket and choose a se vp. If pdp still lose, nobody will blame or victimise anybody.
Re: . by pazienza(m): 9:45pm On Oct 07, 2018
Today forty years plus after, the Almighty God has again given us an opportunity to write our name in the history of Nigeria by calling a spade a spade. Granted all of us don’t belong to PDP but those of us who belong to PDP must tell the truth that; that the PDP attracted a cross section of Nigerians was because of article 72c of the PDP Constitution and not because of the Federal Republic of Nigeria Constitution and that article 2c talks about rotation.

We must step up the plate and call a spade a spade and those who are in PDP must come out and say, we support zoning.

That is why I respect people like Jim Nwobodo because he is a founding member of PDP and he was there when that constitution was drafted; I respect Ekwueme, he is a founding member of PDP and knew about that constitution.

Having said that, we also now have to look at 2015 which is a contentious date where we feel as Igbo people that we have a date to produce a president for Nigeria even if that man is a drunk, but we want to have a closure to the civil war. We now have to say that you cannot produce a president by yourselves and that is why the Ijaw people saw reason and the need to reach out to the north to discuss the support for Jonathan then and even now.

1 Like

Re: . by pazienza(m): 9:47pm On Oct 07, 2018
They also reached out to the south-west but the south-east is the only region they never reached out to. Instead the office of the presidency arrogated upon itself the powers to stop the Igbo from having a meeting in Owerri.

As diverse as the north is, the north remains an admirable entity, because, there in Kaduna, those who were for Jonathan were allowed to have their conference; the likes of Jerry Gana, nobody stopped them, nobody stoned them and those who were for zoning were allowed to have their meeting and that is the maturity of the north in political accommodation and that is lacking in the south-east.

Today the governors of the south-east rose up and told their delegates to support Jonathan, I am not surprised because none of them were elected in the first place; they were all selected against the people’s wish.

1 Like

Re: . by pazienza(m): 9:54pm On Oct 07, 2018
So if these governors we all know are in control of things, and the governor of the southeast are in support of Jonathan, what are the chances of IBB despite the fact that he said that he would hand over to a southeast person in 2015.

His chance still remains fifty-fifty. IBB never entered this race believing that it would be handed over to him on a platter of gold; if he did then my estimation of him would be different. It is a battle, it is hard work; we in the IBB campaign organization must step up the plate and go to the grassroots of Igboland and alert them on why they should resist this because the governors appear to have mortgaged the future of Ndiigbo.

If you are telling me that Jonathan is an Igbo man because his name is Ebelemi not Ebelechukwu; Ebelemi is an Ijaw name, Ebelechukwu is an Igbo name. If you are telling me because his father respected Zik and named him Azikiwe, the same way Nnamdi Azikiwe named his first son Ayodele; does that mean Ayo is now a Yoruba man? If Dora Akunyili is telling us that his name is Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan, her name is also Dorothy; does that make her an Irish woman? So we must go to the Igbo and tell them these Governors don’t mean well for Ndiigbo in entirety.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by pazienza(m): 10:01pm On Oct 07, 2018
So government also needs to look inward. Are there elements within the government that want to heighten the situation and create an environment where money has to be made in security votes? During the era of Odili in Rivers, he received the highest security votes because there was a turbulent activity of militants but today Theodore Orji did not receive high security votes because of the kidnapping because it is a southeast State, it is an Igbo state.

The Igbo don’t really count in this federation and that is what Jonathan’s camp is trying to tell Ndiigbo; that they are now going to take the position of Ndiigbo in 2015. If this is what Ndiigbo want and collectively agree with, so be it.

Then you don’t have to agitate for an Igbo president in 2015, you have put a nail on your political future for the next forty years because an Ijaw man cannot hand over the presidency to you and no Yoruba man would cast a vote for an Igbo candidate for the presidency of Nigeria even when the rest of the nation agree that it is the Igbo man’s turn. They will rather abstain from such elections but an Igbo man voted Obasanjo and I stand to be corrected.

This bold prediction is unfolding right now.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) ... (732) (Reply)

Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa / Nairaland Says No To Secessionists / Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.