Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,598 members, 7,937,688 topics. Date: Monday, 02 September 2024 at 10:25 AM

. - Politics (376) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / . (607205 Views)

IGBO POLITICAL LEADERS N THEIR PAST MISADVENTURES RESULTING IN CURRENT NAT PROBL / Junaid Mohammed: Igbo Political Leaders Haven’t Learnt Any Lesson From Civil War / Buhari And Economic Advisory Council In Close Door Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) ... (732) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by vanbonattel: 11:32am On Oct 30, 2018
HopeAtHand:
Ikwerres have absolutely no problem with Igbos except letting us be what we say we are.

We may speak same language and share similar culture but we are who we are.

If Igbos have respect for themselves, they will respect others...and others will respect them also.

You guys shud give it up to me sha.. i can just wake up any morning and decide that everyone will discuss IKWERRE and so it happens. grin

You have to accept that Yoruba stops in the six SW states and cannot include Kwara and Kogi, Okun people are not Yorubas , only that they learned yoruba language from traders who sold kola nuts, Okun people are Fulanis grin

Ndi mgbu grin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: . by Obi1kenobi(m): 11:33am On Oct 30, 2018
vanbonattel:

Bleating like a goat, more ramblings and stuttering, no single counter link, no single evidence but empty words, nothing, chaa chaa, iro,

This is like an argument I have with Christians. grin As an agnostic, they tell me to prove that God doesn't exist, when the onus is on them to prove that god(s) exist. I'm not the one making definitive claims about the history of Igbos. Pre-colonial Igbo society was not an advanced one and our history, dating back thousands of years, is very obscure. This is because we were largely illiterate so couldn't pass on history to our progeny with literature (mind you, Jews have been literate for about 4,000 years). You are the one making a definitive assertion that Igbos are Jews and the onus is on you to prove it, not on me to disprove your fantasies. It's like telling you to come and disprove that there are fairies and unicorns in my garden.

2 Likes

Re: . by vanbonattel: 11:39am On Oct 30, 2018
Obi1kenobi:

This is like an argument I have with Christians. grin As an agnostic, they tell me to prove that God doesn't exist, when the onus is on them to prove that god(s) exist. I'm not the one making definitive claims about the history of Igbos. Pre-colonial Igbo society was not an advanced one and our history, dating back thousands of years, is very obscure. This is because we were largely illiterate so couldn't pass on history to our progeny with literature (mind you, Jews have been literate for about 4,000 years). You are the one making a definitive assertion that Igbos are Jews and the onus is on you to prove it, not on me to disprove your fantasies. It's like telling you to come and disprove that there are fairies and unicorns in my garden.

Research to prove you right = zero
Links to your ramblings = Nada
Making sense = Zilch grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by OpenYourEyes1: 12:00pm On Oct 30, 2018
Man, Is the ikwerre thing still discussed here?
Time is very valuable.
Gossiping is extremely boring and useless.

I guess we should share ideas and NOT talk about people who aren't here to defend themselves.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Xander85: 12:18pm On Oct 30, 2018
Afam4eva:
Thank God that i'm not the only one calling the Igbo-Jewish link for the bullsh1t that it is. It's inferiority complex that will make a people of over 40 million to be going aabout claiming what they're not.

It's no more a load of bullshi't than the sorry picture of gullible Igbos vociferously shouting 'one Nigeria'. Shouting it even louder than the very people that have benefited more than them from an unworkable contraption that was cobbled together by some nasty, racist overlord and christened by his girlfriend in honour of niggers the world over!

Whatever reservations i have of the 'Igbo-jewish link' some are propounding, i see it first and foremost as a vehicle that can help facilitate our quick exit from this evil geographical expression that is responsible for the spilling of blood of millions of my kinsfolk, and if you can't see the bigger picture and endgame as well then you're just not thinking long-term and strategically!

Why do you think Mazi Kanu is being given protection by the State of Israel today? Are you one of those that would have preferred he stay back in Nigeria so Buharis' fulani army could give him the Kashoggi treatment?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by OpenYourEyes1: 12:20pm On Oct 30, 2018
Obi1kenobi:

The Germanic tribes(barbarians) who currently rule/influence much of Mankind were primitive people centuries ago. They were heavily influenced by the Romans. Look at what they are today.

Psychological warfare is for the lazy and people who cannot control their emotions.

Empires are the will of God by the way,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pQvM9ZY41k

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 12:34pm On Oct 30, 2018
Obviously you don't know the meaning of the word "invade".
And stop rewriting history, your soldiers killed a lot of people and they were finally taught a lesson by Nigerian troops led by two Edo: Murtala Muhamed and Ogbemudia.
Also Edo civilians joined the battle against your troops eventhought the civilians had no weapons nor training.
You come to my house uninvited and you expect me to thank you ?
There is something wrong with your brain, I don't give a f*** about the reason you came to my house, you would be going back in a body bag, and that is what happened to the biafran troops. Now go on inventing yourself an image of "sympathetic invader" who was ordered not to attack.
Foreign observers saw your soldiers killing and maiming in the midwest, and even if it weren't the case, we didn't invite biafran troops, they never should have entered our land. For invading, all one deserves is death.

Purehuman:

Biafran soldiers never invaded Midwest. Your state was just at the middle of two warring parties and we had to pass through to attack from that end. Why didn't record a high amount of bloodshed. Because if we invaded you, then we wouldn't have been in ore in less than three days of leaving Onitsha. The Biafran soldiers were told never to attack anyone in the Midwest. So they didn't. The only time that we taught you all a lesson was when started poisoning water your people brought for us to drink. You started snitching to the Nigerian troops about our position. Then we had to make you all shut it.
Re: . by Curlieweed: 12:42pm On Oct 30, 2018
Obi1kenobi:
pazienza

I've seen you peeping in on the thread a number of times and saying nothing about this issue. Perhaps, you could be the voice of reason here that could help redeem those that have gone astray. How do you feel watching Igbos and their obsession with Jews and Israel and claiming to be Jews?

Lol. Are you asking for backup?

No mind them.

No point in long arguments, at the appropriate time, we will deport all these illegal Hebrew immigrants from our beautiful Alaigbo.

While they were roaming the desert searching for Canaan, their mates were going North, they were going South. We need to get rid of these people so we can see if they’re responsible for some of our bad luck.
Re: . by Nobody: 12:44pm On Oct 30, 2018
Your war propaganda is eating your brains.
The propaganda to devide Edos has always been the same.
You want to devide brothers by telling them that their brother killed them...woo..., yet the Obaseki family which is famously Anioma was in Benin City during the war and nothing happened to them...
Your lies are too obvious.
Now you want to say that the Oba of Benin personnally ordered the nigerian army to kill anioma...
Wow, you need to stop smoking whatever you are smoking, it is killing your brain.
I get it, you want Anioma to reject other Edo and join you as footsoldiers in your biafra, plus you definately want their land. But is it worth it telling all these lies ?

You guys have already exposed yourselves as liars by claiming to be jewish while you also admitted that you know you are not jewish.
You have said it many times: you will lie to get allies ! But my Anioma brothers will never buy your lies and they will never be your allies, nor your footsoldiers.
Look elsewhere for allies, perharps you can also claim to be egyptians and saudis so that you can secure more alliances.
You may also want to start claiming to be crazy (we all know you are) in order to secure an alliance with every mental patient in the world.

IkpuMmadu:

During the Biafra war..when the Nigerian troops came to pay homage to then Oba of Benin...did you know what he said ? He told the troops that anything after Abudu they can conquer and we know that igbanke or Igbo akiri is after Abudu

Do you know the role that the Benin played during the Biafra when they killed anioma in Benin city
Re: . by Nobody: 12:58pm On Oct 30, 2018
I believe one guy said:

"If you invade my land, I won't ask why, I would f*** you up "

He had to have been Edo.
Re: . by aniomafirstson: 1:19pm On Oct 30, 2018
prolog2:
Your war propaganda is eating your brains.
The propaganda to devide Edos has always been the same.
You want to devide brothers by telling them that their brother killed them...woo..., yet the Obaseki family which is famously Anioma was in Benin City during the war and nothing happened to them...
Your lies are too obvious.
Now you want to say that the Oba of Benin personnally ordered the nigerian army to kill anioma...
Wow, you need to stop smoking whatever you are smoking, it is killing your brain.
I get it, you want Anioma to reject other Edo and join you as footsoldiers in your biafra, plus you definately want their land. But is it worth it telling all these lies ?

You guys have already exposed yourselves as liars by claiming to be jewish while you also admitted that you know you are not jewish.
You have said it many times: you will lie to get allies ! But my Anioma brothers will never buy your lies and they will never be your allies, nor your footsoldiers.
Look elsewhere for allies, perharps you can also claim to be egyptians and saudis so that you can secure more alliances.
You may also want to start claiming to be crazy (we all know you are) in order to secure an alliance with every mental patient in the world.

This is an Igbo thread
what are you doing here this Edo fool.

Anioma has nothing in common with low class Edo people
come to anioma and see how we look down on you people.

Keep your eyes off aniomaland or we call agbor peeps to deal with you just like they did centuries ago.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: . by aniomafirstson: 1:30pm On Oct 30, 2018
I don't blame that bastard Edo breed but I blame the so called confused deniers in our land that keep saying we originated from Bini.

We have nothing in common with you guys. We see Edo people as low class people.
Anioma is an Igbo enclave and will forever remain so.
We are part and parcel of ohanaeze ndigbo
The founding fathers of ohanaeze were mostly from anioma.

When it is time for Biafra, anioma will gladly join their kith and kin across the Niger.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: . by ChinenyeN(m): 1:39pm On Oct 30, 2018
hammerFC:
U SEE THE PROBLEM WITH SOME IGBO PEOPLE TODAY IS INTELLECTUAL LAZYNESS.

You are quoting me and saying 'intellectual laziness'. You must not have been on NL during the time we were actively discussing etymology of Igbo terms, so allow me to help enlighten you.

'Intellectual laziness' is seeing two words, written in Latin script and look similar, not even minding the pronunciations, and without substantiation stating "coincidence? I think not".

'Intellectual laziness' is making the below statement:

hammerFC:
THE SIMILARITY BETWEEN IGBO AND ISREAL MUST BE INVESTIGATED TO BE EXPLAINED AND UNDERSTOOD.

ONE THING EVERYBODY AGREES ON IS THAT THERE ARE SIMILARITIES.

SO HOW DO U EXPLAIN THE SIMILARITIES?

Out of the myriad of cultural features and discrepancies that exist within and between the various Igbo groups and your Hebrews, you pick out a handful (of seemingly arbitrary similarities) and ask for an explanation. 'Intellectual laziness' is not realizing that this Jewish/Hebrew nonsense has been around long enough for the academia to actually get involved, and 'til today, the academia been unable to find substantiation for this Jewish/Hebrew nonsense. Visit credible, peer-reviewed journal sites like JStor and University of Colombia's Database.

'Intellectual laziness' is knowing that a complete and utter void of oral tradition exists with respect to this Jewish/Hebrew nonsense, yet deciding to not acknowledge actual oral traditions of the people involved, just to spout speculative nonsense.

'Intellectual laziness' is the fact that some of the oldest artifacts that were archeologically excavated in the region, and incidentally (falsely, but that is a discussion for another time) attributed to Nri, provide zero archeological support for... guess... Your Hebrew/Jewish nonsense.

In short, 'intellectual laziness' is claiming that a link exists (without evidence), then claiming that we need to investigate (because we need to be sure), then claiming that 'those who know, know' (again, without evidence), then asking for an explanation (further proving that you have no evidence).

'Intellectual laziness' is everything you just exhibited in this thread.

6 Likes

Re: . by ChinenyeN(m): 1:51pm On Oct 30, 2018
You people are honestly still here going back and forth on Ikwerre? Abeg, make una focus on those things you can actually fruitfully propose reasonably-sounding solutions to.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: . by Nobody: 2:00pm On Oct 30, 2018
By your speech, it is clear that you are a juvenile or you lack the ability to reason properly. I don't have a habbit of joining shouting matches online, that is due to the wisdom of experience. Feel free to keep throwing insults if it makes you sleep well at night.
aniomafirstson:

This is an Igbo thread

Keep your eyes off aniomaland or we call agbor peeps to deal with you just like they did centuries ago.
Re: . by Nobody: 2:01pm On Oct 30, 2018
aniomafirstson:

This is an Igbo thread

Seriously speaking even u OP, prolog2, xander85 and cjrane2 have no connection at all to be on this thread.

These are issues igbos want to root out.
These confusion is not what we want again....
Re: . by Nobody: 2:05pm On Oct 30, 2018
prolog2:
By your speech, it is clear that you are a juvenile or you lack the ability to reason properly. I don't have a habbit of joining shouting matches online, that is due to the wisdom of experience. Feel free to keep throwing insults if it makes you sleep well at night.

The guy u. Quoted aniomafirstso. Is from okpanam or so....

Why not allow him to decide who he is and where he belongs...

These dragging doesn't make sense...

If he says he is Anioma by edo extraction.....fine but it shouldn't lead to insults.

Allow them to decide whom they are and what they are.
Re: . by Nobody: 2:07pm On Oct 30, 2018
aniomafirstson:
I don't blame that bastard Edo breed but I blame the so called confused deniers in our land that keep saying we originated from Bini.

We have nothing in common with you guys. We see Edo people as low class people.
Anioma is an Igbo enclave and will forever remain so.
We are part and parcel of ohanaeze ndigbo
The founding fathers of ohanaeze were mostly from anioma.

When it is time for Biafra, anioma will gladly join their kith and kin across the Niger.

Copied to prolog2
Re: . by Nobody: 2:10pm On Oct 30, 2018
To prolog2

What is the meaning of anioma in simple term

To aniomafirstson

What is the meaning of anioma in ur context( in simple terms)??
Re: . by Nobody: 2:19pm On Oct 30, 2018
First of all, I am not the one throwing insults, he is.
Second of all, you have no proof of the guy's claims of identity.
Thirdly, you do not know my identity.
Fourthly, you are confusing freedom of association with actual origins of people.
Your origin is a fact, you don't get to decide what it is. I can't just wake up one day and become the last of the mohicans, it doesn't work like that. Many southern nigerians believe they can just rewrite and totally make up their history to suit whatever purpose they have.
Instead of researching their history many of these guys are just sitting down in a basement writing science fiction and calling it history.
It is a fact that Anioma are Edo.
Whoever denies this is a liar.
Osagyefo98:

The guy u. Quoted aniomafirstso. Is from okpanam or so....

Why not allow him to decide who he is and where he belongs...

These dragging doesn't make sense...

If he says he is Anioma by edo extraction.....fine but it shouldn't lead to insults.

Allow them to decide whom they are and what they are.
Re: . by Nobody: 2:32pm On Oct 30, 2018
Only michael jackson gets to decide his origins: he woke up one morning and decided to be white.
Re: . by Obi1kenobi(m): 2:34pm On Oct 30, 2018
OpenYourEyes1:

The Germanic tribes(barbarians) who currently rule/influence much of Mankind were primitive people centuries ago. They were heavily influenced by the Romans. Look at what they are today.

Psychological warfare is for the lazy and people who cannot control their emotions.

Empires are the will of God by the way,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pQvM9ZY41k

The point is not about who was primitive and who was not. The point is our very late development in literacy accounts for the massive gaps in our knowledge of Igbo history. Which makes us fill in the knowledge void with silly myths about Jewish ancestry. For starters, the various Igbo clans have different migration roots and certainly don't originate from one source. That alone is enough to dispel the foolish myth that Igbos are Jews. The Jew claimers are not even claiming that Jews arrived and intermarried with local people: which is the story of the Lembas of Southern Africa where genetic testing prove they have smaaaall genetic links to ancestors from the Levant - proving that an ancestor or ancestors of Semitic or Levant origin have intermarried with locals several hundred years ago. No, the Jew claimers claim that Igbos as an entirety somehow migrated from the Levant or North Africa down to Nigeria. One group claims the roots are from the Roman exile of Jews about 2,000 years ago. Another group claims it was from the era of Jewish slavery in Egypt. Another group makes a convoluted genealogical claim rambling about Eri and Gad and Aroli and all that. Every of the theories are unsubstantiated nonsense which no scholar of peer-reviewed repute has ever postulated.
Many simply do not understand how archaeology and anthropology works. How genetic testing works. How languages evolve. If they did, they'd understand how wacky it is to claim Igbos are Jews.

Let us even say that Jews and Igbos share the same root, such time has passed over thousands of years that no such commonality exists. If you go back far enough in time, you'd discover the common roots of Japanese and Koreans for example (Japan was even a colonial power over the Koreans). Or even the English and Irish who share Anglo-Saxon/Celtic roots. A Korean will never claim to be Japanese. An Irishman will spit his whisky if you ever called him English. These cultures have like a hundred times more in common in every measure than Jews and Igbos. Why then claim to be Jewish? Did your ancestors worship the Jewish god? Did they have Jewish temples? Did they speak Hebrew? Did they celebrate Jewish feasts and festivals? Did they have Jewish scripture? Did they have Jewish names? Did they even look like damn Jews? In what way are we Jewish?

3 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 2:34pm On Oct 30, 2018
prolog2:
Fourthly, you are confusing freedom of association with actual origins of people.
Your origin is a fact, you don't get to decide what it is. I can't just wake up one day and become the last of the mohicans, it doesn't work like that. Many southern nigerians believe they can just rewrite and totally make up their history to suit whatever purpose they have.
Instead of researching their history many of these guys are just sitting down in a basement writing science fiction and calling it history.

What is the meaning of anioma.?
Re: . by Nobody: 2:37pm On Oct 30, 2018
prolog2:

Secondly sire can u back up this claim with a solid proof
Re: . by Obi1kenobi(m): 2:38pm On Oct 30, 2018
ChinenyeN:

You are quoting me and saying 'intellectual laziness'. You must not have been on NL during the time we were actively discussing etymology of Igbo terms, so allow me to help enlighten you.

'Intellectual laziness' is seeing two words, written in Latin script and look similar, not even minding the pronunciations, and without substantiation stating "coincidence? I think not".

'Intellectual laziness' is making the below statement:

Out of the myriad of cultural features and discrepancies that exist within and between the various Igbo groups and your Hebrews, you pick out a handful (of seemingly arbitrary similarities) and ask for an explanation. 'Intellectual laziness' is not realizing that this Jewish/Hebrew nonsense has been around long enough for the academia to actually get involved, and 'til today, the academia been unable to find substantiation for this Jewish/Hebrew nonsense. Visit credible, peer-reviewed journal sites like JStor and University of Colombia's Database.

'Intellectual laziness' is knowing that a complete and utter void of oral tradition exists with respect to this Jewish/Hebrew nonsense, yet deciding to not acknowledge actual oral traditions of the people involved, just to spout speculative nonsense.

'Intellectual laziness' is the fact that some of the oldest artifacts that were archeologically excavated in the region, and incidentally (falsely, but that is a discussion for another time) attributed to Nri, provide zero archeological support for... guess... Your Hebrew/Jewish nonsense.

In short, 'intellectual laziness' is claiming that a link exists (without evidence), then claiming that we need to investigate (because we need to be sure), then claiming that 'those who know, know' (again, without evidence), then asking for an explanation (further proving that you have no evidence).

'Intellectual laziness' is everything you just exhibited in this thread.

Couldn't have put it better. Beautifully put. It's something of a deep shame and deep stain on Igbos that some people drag the heritage in the mud with circus acts like this and feel proud of it when everyone else sees them as a laughing stock:

2 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 3:47pm On Oct 30, 2018
So people's origins are now decided by ethymology ?
You nigerians are unique !
Look, apart from the fact that there are several precolonial maps showing Anioma to be Edo, there is also the fact that a very famous Anioma (Chief Agho Obaseki) was serving in Oba palace before the arrival of the brits.
There is also the symbols of Benin monarchy in every Anioma palace.
It goes on and on, you don't get to decide where you are coming from.

Osagyefo98:

What is the meaning of anioma.?
Re: . by Nobody: 4:47pm On Oct 30, 2018
prolog2:
So people's origins are now decided by ethymology ?
You nigerians are unique !
Look, apart from the fact that there are several precolonial maps showing Anioma to be Edo, there is also the fact that a very famous Anioma (Chief Agho Obaseki) was serving in Oba palace before the arrival of the brits.
There is also the symbols of Benin monarchy in every Anioma palace.
It goes on and on, you don't get to decide where you are coming from.

You just evaded by question by pointlessly mentioning name @bolded.

I see no need for the name as my question wasn't answered. There is a difference between simple and complex questions....but what your answers or reply shows me is that there is a conflict somewhere.

It should have been more honourable if u have answered my question and if need be try and juxtapose it with your claims @bolded.

It is not lost on me that there is clear difference between self explanation and your swinging to etymology. Also the continued repetition of a single line of statement or rather sentence doesn't breed thorough learning or solid research.

A claim not backed up with substantive fact is more like Nigeria undergraduate copying of someone's work in the name of final year project.

I pride myself as been fair and just, the reason I asked u to allow the said anioma determine who they are instead of your strongly pigeonholed them as Edo and the rest theory of gigantic pro-bush.

I believe we can do more than this if we places sense of history were it should be instead of diluting facts to score cheap points and to this if it seems hard the so- called claimers on both side of the divide didn't agree on better sense of history.....then I believe at this point the people in question should declare who they are and lay all these unnecessary alterations to rest.
Re: . by Nobody: 5:01pm On Oct 30, 2018
joeisreal:
Raker300 did not do justice with those drone shots of Nnewi. Next time you visit ask of Umuanuka community Otolo nnewi near Dr. Ifeanyi Uba's house. Okpuno egbu Umudim, Uru industrial estate, Our lady of assumption cathedral, areas around Maria Regina comprehensive school. There are numerous other areas that showcases the stupendous wealth of Nnewi indigenes. Close to the Stadium you could have captured the Beverly Hills Hotel. Please go back and do justice to Nnewi by taking more aesthetically pleasing pictures.

Him go snap Ifeanyi Uba dinning room and kitchen give you

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 5:07pm On Oct 30, 2018
allcomage:
I had been passing through Agbor expressway to and fro Lagos in the past 25yrs without stepping into Agbor until my car broke down recently. Surprise! Surprise! Surprise! What I always thought was a chaotic hamlet from the highway is a well planned, organized and clean thriving town with a lot of institutions , government agencies and opportunities . This is a hidden jewel millions of passersby never knew exists. I was blown away by Agbor to say the least. In fact, i later became happy I had the issue because I had a plesant unprepared tourism. The mechanics fixing my car and other workshops i went all spoke intelligible igbo and are even passionate about biafra issue. Even the church I worshipped on Sunday sang igbo Christian songs and preaching in Engligbo.I hired a bike and toured the town extensively. The people are nice ,well behaved and laidback in a pleasant way. I really felt at home and since that time, anytime i drive through the express, the memories floor back.So when next you're travelling, spare 20 minutes in Agbor and you will thank me for a plesant discovery. Can anybody post pictures of Agbor because Agbor is Igbo land too.

There are some part of Delta State where fraudsters are many, you can't even ask person for direction because no one will answer you, they will just assume you're a 419ner
Re: . by Nobody: 5:10pm On Oct 30, 2018
I think you have some problems reading.
Did you not see:

1) precolonial maps
2) Benin Monarchy symbols in all Anioma palaces.

All you seem to have seen in my comment is the name Chief Agho Obaseki.

3) Yes Chief Agho Obaseki, a reknown Anioma served in Oba palace with a very high rank.

You believe yourself to be some sort of common sense judge, but you are being ridiculous.
You are not reasoning, rather you are trying to claim some sort of intellectual superiority through the use of beautiful and well articulated english (the brits managed to brainwash a lot of you guys into thinking your intellect is a reflection of your level of english).
Stop trying to make beautiful sentences and start trying to reason. Learn logics rather than grammar !

It is fair to ask me to prove my claims, but stop beating the bush when I have proven my claims, I don't care about answering your questions except the part about proving my claims and I did just that.
Yes Anioma are Edo, and I have proven it, deal with it !

Osagyefo98:

You just evaded by question by pointlessly mentioning name @bolded.

I see no need for the name as my question wasn't answered. There is a difference between simple and complex questions....but what your answers or reply shows me is that there is a conflict somewhere.

It should have been more honourable if u have answered my question and if need be try and juxtapose it with your claims @bolded.

It is not lost on me that there is clear difference between self explanation and your swinging to etymology. Also the continued repetition of a single line of statement or rather sentence doesn't breed thorough learning or solid research.

A claim not backed up with substantive fact is more like Nigeria undergraduate copying of someone's work in the name of final year project.

I pride myself as been fair and just, the reason I asked u to allow the said anioma determine who they are instead of your strongly pigeonholed them as Edo and the rest theory of gigantic pro-bush.

I believe we can do more than this if we places sense of history were it should be instead of diluting facts to score cheap points and to this if it seems hard the so- called claimers on both side of the divide didn't agree on better sense of history.....then I believe at this point the people in question should declare who they are and lay all these unnecessary alterations to rest.

I think I have just noticed that you don't actually know the meaning of the word "history".
There is no such thing as "better sense of history".
History relies on contemporary documents such as maps, notes and all.
You don't just wake up aand start making claims and then call it history.
You need to make a distinction between history and "story".
And once again, you are showing yourself to be one of those fake intelectuals who want to put stories above history.
It is a proven fact that Anioma are Edo, yet you believe that it should be debated and that anybody can decide where he is coming from.
When your wife is coming from her lover's flat and you ask her where she is coming from, if she says "the market", does that make it true ?
Now imagine you have a picture of her leaving her lover's flat, will you still listen to a passer by telling you that she has the right to decide where she is coming from ?
You decide where you are going, not where you are coming from !
Re: . by Nobody: 5:46pm On Oct 30, 2018
ckenneths:
There are many places bearing Onicha in Igboland , they might be related in some way?

Onitsha (Anambra)
Onicha-Ugbo (Delta)
Onicha-Igboeze (Ebonyi)
Onicha-Enugwu (Enugu state)
Onicha-Olona (Delta)

horsepower101

Onitsha is also the Onicha, it's Oyibo people that called it Onitsha instead of Onicha because their pronunciation, just like they called Owere - Owerri.

It's Onicha-Ado

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) ... (732) (Reply)

Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa / Nairaland Says No To Secessionists / Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.