Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,280 members, 7,923,315 topics. Date: Friday, 16 August 2024 at 11:24 PM

. - Politics (47) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / . (603639 Views)

IGBO POLITICAL LEADERS N THEIR PAST MISADVENTURES RESULTING IN CURRENT NAT PROBL / Junaid Mohammed: Igbo Political Leaders Haven’t Learnt Any Lesson From Civil War / Buhari And Economic Advisory Council In Close Door Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (732) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by horsepower101: 11:45pm On Aug 18, 2018
OMANBALA1:
I dont care if Onicha and Anioma want to be Igbo or not but while they are at it drop all Nri culture and Omanbala influence including our elegant and smooth silky language while you are at it. Obialu be onye egbunia! Our ancestors will take revenge on every soul that desecrates our land and culture.

You are very divisive in this thread. This is a unity thread. Go and create another thread for that.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by horsepower101: 11:47pm On Aug 18, 2018
selemempe:
Some 3 or 4 monicas have started derailing this thread with nonsense...who is real igbo or fake igbo...

Pls this is the map of Igboland from britain archives...if u see ur people there...then u are igbo.

Thank you. Let’s not allow them derail this thread. They have done it to so many igbo thread. We cannot let that happen to this one.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by mightguy(m): 12:11am On Aug 19, 2018
OMANBALA u ave come again. Stop derailing our thread with ur self opinion. This is an igbo thread for pro igbos all over Nigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by mightguy(m): 12:21am On Aug 19, 2018
Must every thing be associated with nri?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: . by mightguy(m): 1:11am On Aug 19, 2018
horsepower101:

You need to stop it. What you said is not true and over generalizing. It’s the Ikas that have the biggest identity crisis. The rest of aniomas in majority terms see themselves as Igbos.
ask him. He always generalize things. Must every thing be traced to nri. Always d finding way to cause trouble in petty things

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by BeautifulMind2: 4:16am On Aug 19, 2018
aniomafirstson:

I will be in delta by next month and I will make sure I take pictures of all anioma areas especially asaba
Asaba

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: . by pazienza(m): 4:53am On Aug 19, 2018
horsepower101:

You need to stop it. What you said is not true and over generalizing. It’s the Ikas that have the biggest identity crisis. The rest of aniomas in majority terms see themselves as Igbos.

Well, you can't really blame Odenigbo Aroli, most of us have seen pepper and humiliation at the hands of these Anioma people. It's not easy at all overlooking it all.
I personally welcome them individually if they reach out to me. , but as a rule of thumb, I deny them as group,to avoid being denied by them first.

Having said this, those of them in this thread are Igbo loving, so we must welcome and accord them all the full benefit they deserve as bona-fide Igbos.

Personally, if I'm to draw an Igbo map today, I wouldnt include ika, Ndokwa, Ikwerre, Etche, Ekpeye, Ndoni, Ogba, to avoid giving unnecessary relevance to Igbophobic entities in their midst. However, should any one from those places embrace his Igboness, Ndiigbo must embrace such persons back and treat them as Igbos they are.

Let's draw inspiration from Germans, who despite the fact that Austrians refused to be part of Germany, Germans embraced an Austrian called Hitler, who embraced his German roots, up-to to the point that he became a German national leader.

Austria didn't need to be part of Germany for Hitler to become Germany leader, once he showed patroitism towards Germany, he was accepted as a German.

Likewise, Ika, Ikwerre, Ndokwa need not to become parts of Igboland, for people like Osita Mordi( Ika) Uche Okwukwu(Ikwerre), Chukwuneku(Ndokwa/Ukwuani), to become bona-fide Igbo leaders, seeing as these men had demonstrated impeccable patroitism to the Igbo nation.

Ogba continued to claim non Igbo, yet Ndiigbo chose An Ogba man, Ogbuehi Francis Ellah, who showed unmistakable patroitism towards his Igbo root, to represent Ndiigbo in the national conference in 2005.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Curlieweed: 5:17am On Aug 19, 2018
Abagworo:

Welcome brother. Aniocha and Oshimili are our confirmed brothers on the West both by looks and deeds and we have photos of Asaba on this thread. The non-Igbo brothers are Ndokwa and Ika whom I personally don't welcome in Igbo affairs. I respect their choice of self denial.

See Ikwerre man dey decide who be Igbo. I done suffer!

Meanwhile, you will come and claim Oguta tomorrow. What’s the difference between the Oguta dialect and Ukwuani?

2 Likes

Re: . by vanbonattel: 5:37am On Aug 19, 2018
BeautifulMind2:

Asaba

Beautiful.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by millionaireman: 5:45am On Aug 19, 2018
Ofodirinwa:

I don't believe they'll fail even if they're general. Orlu to Onitsha is a 1hr drive, Orlu to Aba is a 1hr drive. Orlu is the exact center of Igboland, or at least close. you can have two general markets 1 hour apart from each other and they'll both thrive. The issue is someone from the Orlu area has to drive 1 hour either way to find anything outside of village goods. That's economically crushing the center of Igboland. Even in Lagos there are major markets that are 30 mins away from each other. 15 mins.

A major market in Owerri is necessary as well, but Orlu is crucial. If you check abroad, lagos, abuja etc the bulk of people that leave Igboland are from that Orlu zone. The #1 industry in the zone is 'abroad'. And Igboland will suffer without it being lifted by a major market.

Bros, no allow Okorocha and his Abagworo spokesman commit suicide as you de talk of development in Igboland and mention the name Orlu.
This market you yearn for in Orlu is appropriate; even though there is a huge Imo International Market built by former gov of Imo state. It's fully engaged. But since 2011, Okorocha has not contributed a kobo value to uplift the roads leading to the market. So tay only one alleyway is now left as entrance and exit for the market. Even some roads leading to the market were scrapped by Okorocha govt.

Okorocha demolished Owerri market, built another in Egbeada and named it Imo International Market. People had to remind him that there is a market with same name in Orlu.
All plans by Orlu people for development of Orlu area is kept aside waiting for when Okorocha leaves office next year.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by spyder880(m): 6:00am On Aug 19, 2018
BeautifulMind2:

Asaba

Very good, I like this picture of Asaba.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by spyder880(m): 6:02am On Aug 19, 2018
Where is this point on this road, does anyone know? grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by spyder880(m): 6:29am On Aug 19, 2018
New layout at Oba, Anambra state......

If you come to this place in the next ten years, you will be surprised by the radical change it will witness.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Nobody: 6:38am On Aug 19, 2018
spyder880:
New layout at Oba, Anambra state......

If you come to this place in the next ten years, you will be surprised by the radical change it will witness.

Next three years for me

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by BeijinDossier: 6:46am On Aug 19, 2018
Nnamdijonathan is from imo state. Don't allow anyone deceive you. We know everyone here because we run this forum.

LBanks:

Face your Delta state and plan on who will succeed Ifeanyi Okowa, and leave IMO state alone

Don't allow me insult you oh
Re: . by kasynlives: 6:50am On Aug 19, 2018
spyder880:
Where is this point on this road, does anyone know? grin
I don't really know

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 6:51am On Aug 19, 2018
Lander brothers anchorage Asaba.

Courtesy image Smith

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by BeijinDossier: 6:53am On Aug 19, 2018
Useless old man. Imagine someone that cannot point to his paternity anywhere in igbo land is here to talk of who is Igbo or not. Silly

[s]
Abagworo:

Chino always cloning 1st son of everywhere for derailing of thread. I've made my views open that Ikwerre, Ika and Ndokwa are not accepted in the Igbo ethnic meetings I am involved or I quit instantly. Yes Oguta is linked to Aboh, Kwale and Benin city but there has never been a time we've fallen short of being the pride of Igbo nation like Asaba, Ogbaru, Onitsha and other Anioma Igbos.

I respect people's choice of ethnicity and until all of us who believe in Igbo unity and development learn to do that then we are just wasting our time on meaningless ventures.
[/s]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Nobody: 6:59am On Aug 19, 2018
What's up with the Rexwood Asaba waterfront development

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by mightguy(m): 7:11am On Aug 19, 2018
Aniomafirstson
Re: . by mightguy(m): 7:16am On Aug 19, 2018
Abagworo. This two faced moose from the land of the forgotten. U better leave this thread and go and look for another thread

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 8:30am On Aug 19, 2018
Abagworo:

Chino always cloning 1st son of everywhere for derailing of thread. I've made my views open that Ikwerre, Ika and Ndokwa are not accepted in the Igbo ethnic meetings I am involved or I quit instantly. Yes Oguta is linked to Aboh, Kwale and Benin city but there has never been a time we've fallen short of being the pride of Igbo nation like Asaba, Ogbaru, Onitsha and other Anioma Igbos.

I respect people's choice of ethnicity and until all of us who believe in Igbo unity and development learn to do that then we are just wasting our time on meaningless ventures.

what u don't understand is that some of us in igboland are very ignorant people. They always behave as if they can't see the hand writing on the wall. When Ndigbo held the ala Igbo development meeting, the Omu of Anioma described NdiAnioma as Igbos only for Ika people to hold a similar meeting later that month to talk about how they weren't Igbos. This is the same ignorance some IPOB members also exhibit by believing that Biafra can be achieved by adding non Igbos in Niger delta into it. Those people ha e made it clear on several occasions that they stand for one Nigeria and resource control but if the country breaks up, they will go as a united Niger delta republic but those ignorant Igbos in IPOB will still behave as if they are deaf. Its just unfortunate.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Abagworo(m): 8:32am On Aug 19, 2018
horsepower101:

Lagos Igbo parenting has really let us down. I was dating an Igbo girl from IMO state that grew up I. Lagos but couldn’t speak igbo but fluent in yoruba. Why do our people adopt other cultures and abandon their so easily. This is a really bad trend.

Even Igbos that grew up in Igboland can't speak Igbo early nowadays. The reason is because of working parents and early schooling from creche to Primary where English is used in communication. They can only hear Igbo when you communicate with your wife at home but most of their daily life activities are in English. The Imo State girl that learnt Yoruba instead of Igbo is from association or she probably lives in a Yoruba neighborhood and had her education in Yoruba community school not in Urban area.
Re: . by Nobody: 8:33am On Aug 19, 2018
OMANBALA1:

If your sole reason of denying Igbo is based on the way you are treated and not based on the fact that you are truly Igbo then I will encourage to run out of this thread because you are a weakling. Nobody should have the power to define who you are even to the point of DEATH! The truth is that you western Igbo felt it was not advantageous to claim Igbo after the Biafran war. You despicable lot denied your identities and even join our enemies to fight your own blood. Are you worthy to be called Igbo ? Answer that question!

There was no record of any Anioma person fighting against Biafra in fact, Anioma people produced the best Biafran army commanders even though they were part of the Benin republic, they still fought for Biafra.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Abagworo(m): 8:37am On Aug 19, 2018
nnamdijonathan:

what u don't understand is that some of us in igboland are very ignorant people. They always behave as if they can't see the hand writing on the wall. When Ndigbo held the ala Igbo development meeting, the Omu of Anioma described NdiAnioma as Igbos only for Ika people to hold a similar meeting later that month to talk about how they weren't Igbos. This is the same ignorance some IPOB members also exhibit by believing that Biafra can be achieved by adding non Igbos in Niger delta into it. Those people ha e made it clear on several occasions that they stand for one Nigeria and resource control but if the country breaks up, they will go as a united Niger delta republic but those ignorant Igbos in IPOB will still behave as if they are deaf. Its just unfortunate.

That's exactly what I've known all along that made me reject IPOB as a group and whatever they stand for. I officially sign off from this thread as it is about going the IPOB way of jokes and impracticable assumptions that can only end in destruction.
Re: . by mightguy(m): 8:44am On Aug 19, 2018
Abagworo:

That's exactly what I've known all along that made me reject IPOB as a group and whatever they stand for. I officially sign off from this thread as it is about going the IPOB way of jokes and impracticable assumptions that can only end in destruction.
Abagworo bye bye

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by mightguy(m): 8:45am On Aug 19, 2018
OMANBALA. I see that u love problem. U ave decided to destroy this beautiful thread. What's your problem. U better mind urself....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: . by Nobody: 8:46am On Aug 19, 2018
OMANBALA1:

How is Asaba, Ogbaru and Onicha the pride of Igbo nation ? How can people who claim to be Bini descendants all of a sudden become the pride of Igbo nation. Onicha speaks Idenmili Igbo qnd practice Nri culture. I know where this is going and I am prepared ABAGWORO.....OdenigboAroli nwa Ide Nnaa is still alive. And try to speak for Oguta and leave Onicha people to face the Omanbala people.

lol. This is the ignorant attitude I was talking about earlier. Even the Obi of Onitsha and Nnamdi Azikwe said that Onitsha was created by Eze Chima, a prince from Benin who also created Issele uku. The Obi of Onitsha as well the Obis of other Anioma communities get crowned by the Oba of Benin or his representatives from Benin that is why most Anioma people claim they originated from Benin but, some of them are still of the opinion that they originated from NRI, claiming that Eze Chima was an Igbo man not a Benin prince and this has been the argument in Anioma for several decades. Only the Aniocha, Oshimili and Onitcha people seem to have accepted their Igboness and have incorporated much of the Igbo tradition into the Benin tradition thereby relegating the Benin tradition to only royalty.
Re: . by mightguy(m): 8:47am On Aug 19, 2018
nnamdijonathan:

There was no record of any Anioma person fighting against Biafra in fact, Anioma people produced the best Biafran army commanders even though they were part of the Benin republic, they still fought for Biafra.
guy warn that OMANBALA to better mind himself. Let him stop derailing this thread.
Re: . by mightguy(m): 8:50am On Aug 19, 2018
Instead of building the bond between us and our kins in Delta state. He is here spewing trash. For me i think ezechime is from owerre. There are lots of kingdom with the name onitsha. And they come from igbo land and not the other way round but this thread was meant for pics about development in igbo land and now we are here again talking about history
Re: . by aniomafirstson: 8:52am On Aug 19, 2018
nnamdijonathan:

what u don't understand is that some of us in igboland are very ignorant people. They always behave as if they can't see the hand writing on the wall. When Ndigbo held the ala Igbo development meeting, the Omu of Anioma described NdiAnioma as Igbos[b] only for Ika people to hold a similar meeting later that month to talk about how they weren't Igbos[/b]. This is the same ignorance some IPOB members also exhibit by believing that Biafra can be achieved by adding non Igbos in Niger delta into it. Those people ha e made it clear on several occasions that they stand for one Nigeria and resource control but if the country breaks up, they will go as a united Niger delta republic but those ignorant Igbos in IPOB will still behave as if they are deaf. Its just unfortunate.

Please when did this happen
Can you prove that statement?
Re: . by Nobody: 9:00am On Aug 19, 2018
aniomafirstson:

Please when did this happen Can you prove that statement?
https://www.nairaland.com/4507273/stop-promoting-igbo-culture-says

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (732) (Reply)

Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa / Nairaland Says No To Secessionists / Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.