Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,008 members, 7,928,018 topics. Date: Thursday, 22 August 2024 at 07:45 AM

. - Politics (583) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / . (605265 Views)

IGBO POLITICAL LEADERS N THEIR PAST MISADVENTURES RESULTING IN CURRENT NAT PROBL / Junaid Mohammed: Igbo Political Leaders Haven’t Learnt Any Lesson From Civil War / Buhari And Economic Advisory Council In Close Door Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (580) (581) (582) (583) (584) (585) (586) ... (732) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by horsepower101: 9:39pm On Dec 11, 2019
IGBOSON1:

But for those annoying open gutters, you could be forgiven for thinking you were looking at pics of a European city!

It looks like the Awka millennium city will cover their gutter. I saw the pre-cast drainage covers. This will make it the second project in the south east that I have seen the gutters covered. The first one is an estate in Owerri. Hopefully it will set example for the rest.

2 Likes

Re: . by IGBOSON1: 11:54pm On Dec 11, 2019
horsepower101:

I think both of you are making equally good points. It should be the responsibility of both the property owners and the government.

Individuals should plant flowers in front of their properties but when it comes to public areas, it’s the responsibility of the local or state government.

I think the responsibility for planting and taking care of the greenery and aesthetics outside privately-owned plots should be that of the local or state gov'ts, if not it would be done in a non-uniform, untidy and hotchpotch manner. Watching Hollywood films that show leafy, tree-lined neighbourhoods with well-trimmed grasses adjacent to sidewalks, you begin to appreciate the need for uniformity and just how much we need to do to get our neighbourhoods up to world standards!

2 Likes

Re: . by IGBOSON1: 12:10am On Dec 12, 2019
Eastlink:
This una kind of development is not something you should brag about to be honest with you.

Development should be encompassing. Industrial revolution, agricultural belts and large processing plants. Any development that does not impact the per capital income of the ordinary man is a waste.

Real estate and housing are not the key indices to development. Only greedy estate developers like you will beat their chest and call this development. How about the common man on the streets, the graduates, the jobless youths, the lady engaging in prostitution, the young boy engaging in yahoo yahoo, or the ones running overseas to spoil the image of the country with shady deals. The lack of jobs in Igboland is creating a mass exodus of our people to other lands.

How about the health care facilities? I hardly see you post world class hospitals and pharmaceutical companies. You even hardly post tech establishments of Igbo people, as a way of drawing their attention to bringing part of their IT to Igboland.

Shame on you for bragging with real estate as development. You hardly show latest industries springing up. In fact many of you don't derive joy in showing the little industrial efforts in Igboland. I hardly see you post Aba shoe shops, I don't see small scale poultries or pig farms, I don't see you post small palm oil mills, I don't see cottage industries, I hardly see you post rice farms and rice mills, I hardly see you post cashew plantations etc. All I see are real estate and houses springing up everywhere. Is this thread only for bragging rights or what?

What then is development? Is it the development of Ego Mbute? Make money at all cost and come home to brag about the number of estate one has built? If you are talking about development then tell people the Igbo story. The story of young boys in Aba sewing shoes for export to Gabon. The story of the Onitsha boys casting heavy duty body's for mack trucks. The story of the Abakiliki boys farming their hands all seasons to export rice to Cameroon.

Rather than jump up and down shouting development, you should use this page to showcase not just roads, or housing but also the entrepreneurial spirit of Ndigbo.

Why don't you take up the challenge and post the kind of developments you'd like showcased? People post either what they're interested in or what they have pics/info on.....none are getting paid for their effort. Besides, it's not as if some Igbo-themed threads don't showcase the industrial/entrepreneurial prowess of Ndigbo....the Anambra thread is a good example.

5 Likes

Re: . by B2mario(m): 6:42am On Dec 12, 2019
Abagworo:
Aba Abia State
Abagworo welcome. Pls supply us with more pictures. I am not close to Abia now, and not comfortable with the pictures they are posting here which gives wrong representation of Abia.

1 Like

Re: . by PerkinDossier: 6:50am On Dec 12, 2019
Why would you be close to your useless dead Abia state. This is why Abia state is the worst state in Nigeria because all of you abandoned your miserable Abia state in the hands of rogues like TA Orji, Okezie etc.

There is nothing like misrepresentation of Abia state. Abia state is a dilapidated sewage pit toilet. It is being shown the way it is.

[s]
B2mario:
Abagworo welcome. Pls supply us with more pictures. I am not close to Abia now, and not comfortable with the pictures they are posting here which gives wrong representation of Abia.
[/s]
Re: . by horsepower101: 6:53am On Dec 12, 2019
More Enugu neighborhoods

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by horsepower101: 7:10am On Dec 12, 2019
Road leading to a new estate in Enugu

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by horsepower101: 7:16am On Dec 12, 2019
042 new estates up and coming

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by horsepower101: 7:22am On Dec 12, 2019
New housing estates - Enugu

4 Likes

Re: . by horsepower101: 7:30am On Dec 12, 2019

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by horsepower101: 7:34am On Dec 12, 2019
New developments-Enugu

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by slimthugchimee2(m): 1:23pm On Dec 12, 2019
horsepower101:
042 new estates up and coming

The same WTC estates someone here was claiming is empty

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 8:39pm On Dec 12, 2019
Eastlink:
This una kind of development is not something you should brag about to be honest with you.

Development should be encompassing. Industrial revolution, agricultural belts and large processing plants. Any development that does not impact the per capital income of the ordinary man is a waste.

Real estate and housing are not the key indices to development. Only greedy estate developers like you will beat their chest and call this development. How about the common man on the streets, the graduates, the jobless youths, the lady engaging in prostitution, the young boy engaging in yahoo yahoo, or the ones running overseas to spoil the image of the country with shady deals. The lack of jobs in Igboland is creating a mass exodus of our people to other lands.

How about the health care facilities? I hardly see you post world class hospitals and pharmaceutical companies. You even hardly post tech establishments of Igbo people, as a way of drawing their attention to bringing part of their IT to Igboland.

Shame on you for bragging with real estate as development. You hardly show latest industries springing up. In fact many of you don't derive joy in showing the little industrial efforts in Igboland. I hardly see you post Aba shoe shops, I don't see small scale poultries or pig farms, I don't see you post small palm oil mills, I don't see cottage industries, I hardly see you post rice farms and rice mills, I hardly see you post cashew plantations etc. All I see are real estate and houses springing up everywhere. Is this thread only for bragging rights or what?

What then is development? Is it the development of Ego Mbute? Make money at all cost and come home to brag about the number of estate one has built? If you are talking about development then tell people the Igbo story. The story of young boys in Aba sewing shoes for export to Gabon. The story of the Onitsha boys casting heavy duty body's for mack trucks. The story of the Abakiliki boys farming their hands all seasons to export rice to Cameroon.

Rather than jump up and down shouting development, you should use this page to showcase not just roads, or housing but also the entrepreneurial spirit of Ndigbo.

Nwoke m I ji okwu. O ga-amasi m inweta akara ekwenti gi, ka I sonye anyi n'otu WhatsApp anyi. Ma obu gi ezitere m ozi: efu, asato, otu, ato, abuo, itolu, ano,

2 Likes

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 3:29pm On Dec 13, 2019
The problem

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 3:30pm On Dec 13, 2019
The solution

Enugu state government is cleaning the environment

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 3:31pm On Dec 13, 2019
More

2 Likes

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 3:32pm On Dec 13, 2019
Owerri be anyi

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 3:33pm On Dec 13, 2019
Onitsha

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by slimthugchimee2(m): 4:07pm On Dec 13, 2019
chy101:
I just passed Awkunanaw street Achara Layout Enugu. What's going on in Enugu?

You just passed awknunanaw and there are heavy water ponds everywhere while we are deep in dry season.

Lol, don't be too desperate

3 Likes

Re: . by Abagworo(m): 4:58pm On Dec 13, 2019
Aba, Abia State

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by IGBOSON1: 5:03pm On Dec 13, 2019
Abagworo:
Aba, Abia State

I’ve said Aba has the potential to be the most beautiful and well-planned city in Alaigbo! All it needs is a committed, bold and visionary Governor!

Give me $1 billion dollars and 4 years, and i can turn Aba in London!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Abagworo(m): 5:22pm On Dec 13, 2019
Umuahia, Abia State.

So much brown roof but still looks good. This is older part of town but I will still post newer parts.

3 Likes

Re: . by IGBOSON1: 5:35pm On Dec 13, 2019
Abagworo:
Umuahia, Abia State.

So much brown roof but still looks good. This is older part of town but I will still post newer parts.

Brown roof never looked so good! There’s a certain charm to it you know! smiley

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (580) (581) (582) (583) (584) (585) (586) ... (732) (Reply)

Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa / Nairaland Says No To Secessionists / Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.