Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,746 members, 7,927,080 topics. Date: Wednesday, 21 August 2024 at 09:22 AM

. - Politics (628) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / . (604726 Views)

IGBO POLITICAL LEADERS N THEIR PAST MISADVENTURES RESULTING IN CURRENT NAT PROBL / Junaid Mohammed: Igbo Political Leaders Haven’t Learnt Any Lesson From Civil War / Buhari And Economic Advisory Council In Close Door Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (625) (626) (627) (628) (629) (630) (631) ... (732) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by Octopusssy(f): 1:34pm On Jan 06, 2020
naptu2:

They are usually more expensive because of poor infrastructure and the "Nigerian condition". The producers have to face problems like lack of electricity (cost of maintaining and fuelling generators), poor transportation systems, policemen that extort money from motorists, etc.

However, there are efforts to address these problems, the example I gave with railway being one of them. There's also an Aba Independent Power Project and efforts to use solar power to reduce dependence on the national grid.
It's quite shameful that the Nigerian condition comes into play when we try to take steps forward. Anyone who tells me "Nigeria go better" will be favoured with a baleful glare from Yours Truly.

The efforts you mentioned are nothing but tiny drops in a vast, roiling ocean.
Re: . by topboss1: 5:14pm On Jan 06, 2020
Nwanne, let us ignore that fool using two moniker to reply himself here.
Re: . by raker300: 6:00pm On Jan 06, 2020
From arondizuogu, another man building a city like Maduka..

7 Likes

Re: . by raker300: 6:01pm On Jan 06, 2020
I must say, I had mixed feelings about this structure but the night few leaves me in awe

4 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jan 06, 2020
Anybody know which moniker yyeske is operating now?
Re: . by Ndibunna: 7:24pm On Jan 06, 2020
SLAP44:
My auntie who is above 75 years just told me she and the entire Ukwuani people are Igbos and must remain Igbos forever.

I don't like to argue about long proven facts.

Your auntie who is 75 years old just told you?

So her with her age she can determine who is Igbo?

Which village are you from please?

PS: I know your state of Origin.
Re: . by Ndibunna: 7:25pm On Jan 06, 2020
XANDERBOY85:

God will bless your Auntie with a very long life and excellent health!

That's how you guys encourage lies here
Who is not familiar with that boy lying tendencies here?
Re: . by Ndibunna: 7:27pm On Jan 06, 2020
Unbiased1:
See as these guys dey fall my hand. You guys create the opportunity for irrelevant people to insult Ndigbo. See how u guys have wasted many pages on irrelevant history trying to convince someone that she is Igbo. I opened this thread and saw u guys have added extra 5 pages not knowing that u guys have wasted all 5 pages on Ishilove.
The earlier u guys focus less on the history of Anioma the lower ur blood pressure will be. Anioma that it's people have not done much to develop is what easterners are fighting for like this? This is a clear case of adding a huge liability to Ndigbo.
Have u been to Ukwani before? Apart from farming Cassava and making fufu which other thing dem sabi for there? Ndigbo pls focus only on the east at least for now, and stop looking for liabilities in the SS up and down.

grin

First sense you have made this new year.

One bottle of Hero for you.

1 Like

Re: . by Ndibunna: 7:30pm On Jan 06, 2020
obowo69:

Exactly!!!
These sentiments wont change online no matter how many pages wasted. My attitude this 2020 is to leave the igbo south southerners alone to do their thing. I will never spend a centimeter of my energy trying to convince someone to accept and be proud of their igbo ancestry and heritage.

South Easterners need to continue to hold their heads up proudly and most importantly have a razor sharp focus to develop Alaigbo. We need to turn the south East into a very developed region between now to the next 10 years. Lets not get distracted.

Ekwusigo m.

Are you from Ekwusigo.

You know when people from there finish whatever they are saying, they will end it with #Ekwusigo...grin
Re: . by Ndibunna: 7:32pm On Jan 06, 2020
SLAP44:
[s]Ukwuani means Leg on the ground in Igbo language.

Until someone tells me what Ukwuani means in any other languages, I will stick with what my auntie says that Ukwuani is as staunchly Igbo as Nnewi.[/s] grin

Kwusi nkwugheri.
Re: . by Ndibunna: 7:36pm On Jan 06, 2020
mr11:
you people are taking this too far,it is her choice and that of her family members to chose when they want likewise my family that chose being Igbo.

Case Closed.
Re: . by Ndibunna: 7:50pm On Jan 06, 2020
tck2000:
Please forgive me if my comment is tribalistic but honestly,Urhobo controls Delta politics.Urhobo are the majority in Delta State and they are PDP loyals,Isoko are APC loyals and Ijaw,Itshekiri and Anioma fall in both sides.During last 2 governorship election in Delta,APC were trying to get Delta State for their party so they picked an Urhobo man Ogboru as their flag bearer and were campaigning with words like Delta 4 an Urhobo man,Urhobo 2018 bla bla bla but Urhobos don't like Ogboru because we think he's so desperate and he would milk Delta dry so we had to stay loyal and accept Okowa.

Please Urhobo are more of APC and secondly Urhobo don't control Delta politics.

Delta politics are been controlled by Ijaw, Anioma, itsekiri ( though has same characteristics as Urhobo...APC in nature), Isoko is pdp.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: . by Ndibunna: 7:52pm On Jan 06, 2020
pazienza:
That escalated quickly.

Mr11.

As you can see. You have a big job on your hands to tame the likes of the Lady running rampage on this thread in your land. And believe me, there are many of them in Ukwuani land.

Until you have done your inner house cleaning, there isn't much the rest of us can do, we would simply move on without you lots and your distractions.

Funny thing is that even your Ukwuani ethnicity has already fragmented as currently, the Ndokwa East people led by Aboh, claim to be of independent ethnicity called Ndiosumili, athey hate being called Ukwuani people, they prefer being called Ndokwa people, while the people of Ukwuani LGA abhor the name Ndokwa and insists you all must be Ukwuani.

Worst still , the Isoko people the ancestors of Ndiosumili harboured in Ndokwa East LGA in precolonial times as customary tenants are today laying claim to indigenous ownership of those lands you gave them in Ndokwa East, and they in typical Isoko culture have outbred you and now out number you in population.
They are already testing waters in their claim to those lands, and as the years go by, their claim will become bolder.

I foresee a war between you and those Isokos, especially now you are lacking inhabitable lands following the yearly flooding of your lands by the River Niger. You will soon start demanding the Isokos hand over the lands you gave to them, which the Isokos already anticipated which explains they recent pro active measures.

It's a ticking time bomb, what is happening in Ndokwa East, and if you lots don't put your house in order and stop the Igbophobic chants, we would also watch from the sidelines as the Isoko and Urhobo use their federal might and population to chase you out of those lands.

In case you have not noticed, many of us are getting comfortable with the idea of South East, Aniocha , Oshimili, Oyigbo and who else is proud of being Igbo, as the boundaries of Igboland.

Mr, Aboh agrees to been Igbo. I don't know for all but those in contact with hardly deny such. Even small children will tell you I be Igbo.
Re: . by Ndibunna: 7:54pm On Jan 06, 2020
tck2000:
Pazienza..Actually,Urhobo and Isokos are more like rivals just like Nigeria and Ghana.One is bigger than the other and the other is trying to become superior which is a future impossible tense!

Very correct on this one
Re: . by Ndibunna: 7:56pm On Jan 06, 2020
raker300:
From arondizuogu, another man building a city like Maduka..

You still living in sky.
Re: . by mr11(m): 8:23pm On Jan 06, 2020
Ndibunna:

Mr, Aboh agrees to been Igbo. I don't know for all but those in contact with hardly deny such. Even small children will tell you I be Igbo.
people on this thread believe what they see online,I can tell you that 87% of people from aboh accept Igbo tag.
Re: . by Ndibunna: 8:26pm On Jan 06, 2020
mr11:
people on this thread believe what they see online,I can tell you that 87% of people from aboh accept Igbo tag.

That's true........I will agree with you on that and they will proudly tell you I am Igbo.

I talk base on first hand experience.
Re: . by pazienza(m): 8:56pm On Jan 06, 2020
Ndibunna:

Aboh call themselves Ndiosumili .
Yes! They are not as violently Igbophobic as Ukwuani people, but they still have significant amount of Igbo deniers.

4 Likes

Re: . by tck2000(m): 10:05pm On Jan 06, 2020
Ndibunna:

Please Urhobo are more of APC and secondly Urhobo don't control Delta politics.

Delta politics are been controlled by Ijaw, Anioma, itsekiri ( though has same characteristics as Urhobo...APC in nature), Isoko is pdp.
well,i won't argue with you.I'm a Deltan,i know what's happening in my state.Believe whatever you want to believe.
Re: . by Ndibunna: 10:08pm On Jan 06, 2020
tck2000:
well,i won't argue with you.I'm a Deltan,i know what's happening in my state.Believe whatever you want to believe.

Urhobo and Itsekiri has same characteristics of na we get this state...both APC in nature. You can't deny that.

The average Anioma, Ijaw and Isoko men doesn't even worry much compared to these two I mentioned.
Re: . by Ndibunna: 10:14pm On Jan 06, 2020
tck2000:

Before I used to see Urhobo as easy people and people who doesn't like propaganda but is like I judged by few around me.

My University days I was surrounded with Urhobo even as next door neighbor that introduced starch and Banga to me. Every semester, on resumption he must come back with it and everyone go consume grin and also my Industrial training I met so much of them .

But it seems today the story is a little bit different and has changed.....The ones online are something else.
Re: . by tck2000(m): 10:18pm On Jan 06, 2020
Ndibunna:

Urhobo and Itsekiri has same characteristics of na we get this state...both APC in nature. You can't deny that.

The average Anioma, Ijaw and Isoko men doesn't even worry much compared to these two I mentioned.

Itshekiri+Ijaw+Isoko+Anioma population=Urhobo's population...Actually,no one drags Delta with Urhobo unless warri.Some months ago,tribal war almost broke out in Warri because itshekiri are trying to lay claim to warri as the Olu of warri is an Itshekiri man but Urhobo were angry and it almost caused war thanks to the government,The Army were deployed all over the city.Some people died though.Bros stop arguing with me in my own Area.Ask your Delta friends which tribe control Delta politics and they would gladly tell you.
Re: . by tck2000(m): 10:22pm On Jan 06, 2020
Ndibunna:

Before I used to see Urhobo as easy people and people who doesn't like propaganda but is like I judged by few around me.

My University days I was surrounded with Urhobo even as next door neighbor that introduced starch and Banga to me. Every semester, on resumption he must come back with it and everyone go consume grin and also my Industrial training I met so much of them .

But it seems today the story is a little bit different and has changed.....The ones online are something else.
Most Urhobo people are naturally rough that's why i stay away from them.Maybe it's because i now live among peaceful people-Asaba that's why i detest them.
Re: . by Ndibunna: 10:26pm On Jan 06, 2020
tck2000:
Itshekiri+Ijaw+Isoko+Anioma population=Urhobo's population...Actually,no one drags Delta with Urhobo unless warri.Some months ago,tribal war almost broke out in Warri because itshekiri are trying to lay claim to warri as the Olu of warri is an Itshekiri man but Urhobo were angry and it almost caused war thanks to the government,The Army were deployed all over the city.Some people died though.Bros stop arguing with me in my own Area.Ask your Delta friends which tribe control Delta politics and they would gladly tell you.

How did you arrive at this non written figures because it us not verifiable?

How many local Governments are urhobos occupying in Delta state?

Listen, If Urhobo controls Delta politics then there is no need to have any other ethnicity in power because they already have the number to win political posts ........but they don't a d that's the reason they agree on zoning to benefit them and all through rotation.

This "Itshekiri+Ijaw+Isoko+Anioma population=Urhobo's population" is an over-statement..... pls don't repeat such again.

Unless you have to partition it to two against another 2 or 3 standing population not just one.
Re: . by tck2000(m): 10:32pm On Jan 06, 2020
Ndibunna:

How did you arrive at this non written figures because it us not verifiable?

How many local Governments are urhobos occupying in Delta state?

Listen, If Urhobo controls Delta politics then there is no need to have any other ethnicity in power because they already have the number to win political posts ........but they don't a d that's the reason they agree on zoning to benefit them and all through rotation.

This "Itshekiri+Ijaw+Isoko+Anioma population=Urhobo's population" is an over-statement..... pls don't repeat such again.
Urhobo are PDP loyalist no matter what,they always support PDP.We are not interested in He isn't our brother.By the way,PDP has won all Delta's election since inception.
Re: . by Ndibunna: 10:39pm On Jan 06, 2020
tck2000:
Urhobo are PDP loyalist no matter what,they always support PDP.We are not interested in He isn't our brother.By the way,PDP has won all Delta's election since inception.

Alright.
Re: . by AmuDimpka: 6:19am On Jan 07, 2020
tck2000:
Yes,Urhobo is from Edo and Isoko is a breakaway from Urhobo.
yed they are very related just like Igbo And Ukwuani ....they are edoid language
Re: . by AmuDimpka: 6:23am On Jan 07, 2020
pazienza:
That escalated quickly.

Mr11.

As you can see. You have a big job on your hands to tame the likes of the Lady running rampage on this thread in your land. And believe me, there are many of them in Ukwuani land.

Until you have done your inner house cleaning, there isn't much the rest of us can do, we would simply move on without you lots and your distractions.

Funny thing is that even your Ukwuani ethnicity has already fragmented as currently, the Ndokwa East people led by Aboh, claim to be of independent ethnicity called Ndiosumili, athey hate being called Ukwuani people, they prefer being called Ndokwa people, while the people of Ukwuani LGA abhor the name Ndokwa and insists you all must be Ukwuani.

Worst still , the Isoko people the ancestors of Ndiosumili harboured in Ndokwa East LGA in precolonial times as customary tenants are today laying claim to indigenous ownership of those lands you gave them in Ndokwa East, and they in typical Isoko culture have outbred you and now out number you in population.
They are already testing waters in their claim to those lands, and as the years go by, their claim will become bolder.

I foresee a war between you and those Isokos, especially now you are lacking inhabitable lands following the yearly flooding of your lands by the River Niger. You will soon start demanding the Isokos hand over the lands you gave to them, which the Isokos already anticipated which explains they recent pro active measures.

It's a ticking time bomb, what is happening in Ndokwa East, and if you lots don't put your house in order and stop the Igbophobic chants, we would also watch from the sidelines as the Isoko and Urhobo use their federal might and population to chase you out of those lands.

In case you have not noticed, many of us are getting comfortable with the idea of South East, Aniocha , Oshimili, Oyigbo and who else is proud of being Igbo, as the boundaries of Igboland.
awesome and don't forget the proud Igbo of benue and Cross River
Re: . by Nobody: 7:07am On Jan 07, 2020
-

1 Like

Re: . by AmuDimpka: 7:09am On Jan 07, 2020
BeachLife:
I support autonomy for all ethnicity . There's no sitting on the fence ,it's all or nothing. Ikwerre,Ngwa,Owerre,Nsukka,Onicha ,Ika,Aniocha,Aro,etc. are all Igbos and will be included in the Igboland map by UN. After that, the squabble can be settled within. There'll be no option for any secessions from any state . All communities of an ethnic nation must be part of the ethnic state .

The map below highlights Igbo state . Any community within Igbo state who desires can still be autonomous with their own town within Igbo state,but that would be detrimental and should be discouraged .
Ultimately ,I would like all regions in Africa to be countries/federations with each autonomous ethnic nations as states .
you are right, but we can afford to forget ikwerre and Ika to some extent as of Ukwuani we can reconsider
Re: . by Nobody: 7:15am On Jan 07, 2020
-

1 Like 1 Share

Re: . by tck2000(m): 10:05am On Jan 07, 2020
AmuDimpka:
yed they are very related just like Igbo And Ukwuani ....they are edoid language
Apt

(1) (2) (3) ... (625) (626) (627) (628) (629) (630) (631) ... (732) (Reply)

Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa / Nairaland Says No To Secessionists / Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.