Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,738 members, 7,935,196 topics. Date: Friday, 30 August 2024 at 12:12 AM

. - Politics (691) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / . (606509 Views)

IGBO POLITICAL LEADERS N THEIR PAST MISADVENTURES RESULTING IN CURRENT NAT PROBL / Junaid Mohammed: Igbo Political Leaders Haven’t Learnt Any Lesson From Civil War / Buhari And Economic Advisory Council In Close Door Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (688) (689) (690) (691) (692) (693) (694) ... (732) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by VAQAXY: 4:50pm On Feb 07, 2020
Beautifully well planned city Onitsha

1 Like

Re: . by NaijirianKing: 4:51pm On Feb 07, 2020
Interesting.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: . by Unbiased1: 4:51pm On Feb 07, 2020
Enugu Airport

3 Likes

Re: . by VAQAXY: 4:54pm On Feb 07, 2020
Beautiful precincts in Onitsha

1 Like

Re: . by NaijirianKing: 4:56pm On Feb 07, 2020
Interesting.

Re: . by VAQAXY: 4:59pm On Feb 07, 2020
Another beautiful city is Awka, but unfortunately the satellite images have not been updated. This 10 lanes GRA road linking Esther Obiakor has since 2yrs ago been completed but look at what I kept seeing on Google earth each time I search. All the satellite images posted here about Awka are invalid and not up to date.

1 Like

Re: . by VAQAXY: 5:05pm On Feb 07, 2020
This is the site of Awka Millennium City, but when you search Google earth the first picture is what you shall see but 2nd and 3rd pictures are the current situation at Awka Millennium City

1 Like

Re: . by VAQAXY: 5:09pm On Feb 07, 2020
NaijirianKing:

With a concentrated investment drive, Igbos could turn Onitsha into a major force to be reckoned with.

Onitsha is by far the best planned city in SE

1 Like

Re: . by VAQAXY: 5:13pm On Feb 07, 2020
VAQAXY:

Onitsha is by far the best planned city in SE

1 Like

Re: . by ChinenyeN(m): 5:28pm On Feb 07, 2020
VAQAXY:
Another beautiful city is Awka, but unfortunately the satellite images have not been updated. This 10 lanes GRA road linking Esther Obiakor has since 2yrs ago been completed but look at what I kept seeing on Google earth each time I search. All the satellite images posted here about Awka are invalid and not up to date.

Google doesn't manage it's own satellite for Google Maps/Earth and relies on the service of a different third-party provider. We could get priority for more updated images if we source them directly from the satellite companies that capture them.

Maxar is one such company. I used them once when writing some software that relied on satellite mapping. Well actually, I used DigitalGlobe and they are now under the Maxar brand. I don’t know what their process is now for acquiring updated satellite imagery, but it is something we could use.

Alternatively, drone technology is more prevalent now. If sourcing from Maxar would prove too expensive, then perhaps working with any of the aviation authorities in Nigeria to schedule high altitude drone image-capture sessions might be another viable solution.

More recent aerial imagery would certainly help the marketability.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by XANDERBOY85: 6:32pm On Feb 07, 2020
NaijirianKing:

I wholeheartedly agree.

We need to take a step now to counter this and discourage such unions.

Just imagine the insult that Ikemba Ojukwu had to face in death. FFK came out to begin to brag about the conquests of his widow. Imagine the insult to Igbo people.

Bianca's image was permanently damaged by those allegations. But, the real insult was to Ikemba and Igbo men globally that he could defile such an icon.

You need to mind what you post on here! Who told you Bianca Ojukwus’ image was ‘permanently damaged’ just because FFK said he dated here....and a few Igbo hating bigots then decided to editorialise and spin his assertion in their bid to try and rubbish anything/anyone connected with Ikemba, Biafra or Igboland!?

FFK may have said a few things he latter regretted, but that doesn’t take away from the fact he’s an ogo and friend to Ndigbo as of today!

One of the P-Square brothers is married to a Yoruba; Chief Anyaokwu is married to a Yoruba; etc! You now wanna accuse Igbos of having ‘unwholesome’ designs on Yoruba women because of this?

1 Like

Re: . by nlPoster: 6:48pm On Feb 07, 2020
knowledgeable:

Igbo elite and cultural leaders must approach the Yoruba Obas & cultural leaders and discuss some of these disturbing trends. The Yorubas must made to understand fully the negative cultural & social destructive effects this will bring to Yoruba society if they don't slow the monitization of beautifully endowed attributes of Igbo womenhood & the negative sexual connotations they attached to it. There are realities our SW brothers must be reminded of.

1). Igbos are also among the equals when it comes to access to social media, and will defeat them hands down when it comes to propaganda and etc.

2) Using the same social media, Igbo cultural.orgs can move against inter-marriages between Yoruba men and Igbo women citing all kinds of connotations both historical and contemporary.

3) This is the first time Nigeria Tribalistic stereotyping is being enthrone to the international audience through Yoruba leading acts in Afrobeats.

4) Igbos must not also fail to remind these ofenmmanus/afonjas that their obsessions/compulsions to Igbo women are statements on Yoruba womenhood period. Are they uglier than their Igbo counterpart?. Are they cheap and loose?. Are they the dirtiest in Nigeria etc?.

4) Yorubas must warn Naira Marley on his portraying of Igbo womenhood in his music. Trust me, Igbos will come up on top with any social media cultural war between Igbos & Yorubas.

@ bolded

Yoruba women don't seem to be bothered countering these stereotypes regardless how many times you say them.

@ naira marley stuff, what exactly are you referring to, can you give better details.
Re: . by nlPoster: 6:52pm On Feb 07, 2020
NaijirianKing:

I'm sure you can agree with me that the level of overt sexuality directed at Igbo women by outside groups is on the steady increase.

And, if care is not taken, such energy can give our women a very bad name.

This energy is usually directed by one group in particular.

I thought Igbos themselves (both male and female) sexualize the women?

When you say you are the best in everything especially marriage, times without number, and you're the public face of Nigeria, plus you insist Igbo women are not equaled in anything you care to mention, most especially relationships and marriage, why are you complaining now?

Can you deal with having a low profile and not being feted all the time? Wouldn't that make you sad?

Also, are you referring to a recent photo op where a popular musician posted randy pictures of his Igbo significant other?
Re: . by nlPoster: 6:57pm On Feb 07, 2020
NaijirianKing:
On a cultural level.

Another troubling trend I'm noticing in music is when other ethnic groups over sexualize Igbo women in their music, such lines as "Amaka give me lovin", and a few other lines such as Wale rapping that "I fell in love with an Igbo, she said I'm a demon... now I'm in Enugu to get a new one", as if our sisters and mothers are merely objects to be replaced at will. Igbo artists never show such blatant disregard for the women of other groups. This trend is troubling to say the least

Are you saying Igbo musicians (both male and female) do not sexualize Igbo women in their music?

For example, on Netflix, many of the current Nollywood movies produced by Lagosian film makers carry this agenda. For example, the movie "Yoruba Demons", within the first 7 minutes features one of the "demons" using an Igbo woman merely as a concubine in a very explicit and disrespectful manner, but in Igbo produced movies, the reverse is never the case.

I haven't watched Yoruba demons yet, I didn't know there's a movie with that title. Let me check it out and see what you're saying.

There was a topic the other day when someone said Igbo women are placed on earth as concubines or sexual objects to Yoruba men, I personally found the concept highly disrespectful but since I'm not Igbo and also don't know if that's agreeable to the parties concerned, I didn't comment.

Did you respond at all on that thread if you were aware of it?
Re: . by NaijirianKing: 7:28pm On Feb 07, 2020
Interesting.

Re: . by NaijirianKing: 7:35pm On Feb 07, 2020
Interesting.

Re: . by NaijirianKing: 7:43pm On Feb 07, 2020
Interesting.

Re: . by Nobody: 9:02pm On Feb 07, 2020
NaijirianKing:

Ukpala gbabara n'ikpo okuko na-ala ala
mmuo.

I believe that you can read, but I don't want to assume your level of intelligence. You seem a bit slower than the usual reader here, so I'll break it down for you.

The title of this forum is:
( The Pan Igbo Political and Economic Forum )

1. Pan Igbo means "all Igbo people"
2. Political means things that effect Igbo people politically
3. Economic means things that economically effect Igbo people
4. Forum means a place to post such

Please refrain from quoting me unless you have proven that you can read and comprehend the English language.

Much love, I hope this clears things up for you. Please let me know how I can be of further assistance to you.

na-abu a si nwata wuba ahu, o saba
afo ya.

Young Man you are derailing this thread and we will help you destroy the thread if you don't limit your scope to the desired need of the thread.

Not interested in other trash you wrote up there.
Re: . by Nobody: 9:08pm On Feb 07, 2020
Enugu is getting there.

Re: . by pazienza(m): 9:18pm On Feb 07, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Young Man you are derailing this thread and we will help you destroy the thread if you don't limit your scope to the desired need of the thread.

Not interested in other trash you wrote up there.

Says an impostor.

3 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 9:21pm On Feb 07, 2020
pazienza:

Says an impostor.
Can you just let me be here for once.
Oginidi?

1 Like

Re: . by okpalaAnambra: 9:33pm On Feb 07, 2020
Only jobless people full here.. posting same pics they've posted before..lol..just scroll back the pics have been shared..
Re: . by okpalaAnambra: 9:35pm On Feb 07, 2020
MelesZenawi:
Enugu is getting there.
The fat female governor of Enugu state should have carried this back to his Islamic dominated region of Nsukka, why keep it in Enugu which is Nike/Nkanu land...cry cry governor
Re: . by Bonesking(m): 10:19pm On Feb 07, 2020
MelesZenawi:
[s]

Not interested in other trash you wrote up there.[/s]
Mmuo rie ike gi ebe ahu. I see a short man in his 30’s behind that keyboard. An internet addict, a miser and one whose only consolation in life is his phone.

Frustration has beaten scars on your body, from poor finances, joblessness, failed relationships, drug abuse and depression.

If I be your father, I’ll be ashamed of the son you’ve grown up to become. I’ll be ashamed of a son who may end up a failed man in his 60’s, all because he wasted his youth on idle online foolery
Re: . by Bonesking(m): 10:22pm On Feb 07, 2020
okpalaAnambra:
[s]
The fat female governor of Enugu state should have carried this back to his Islamic dominated region of Nsukka, why keep it in Enugu which is Nike/Nkanu land...cry cry governor[/s]
Re: . by nlPoster: 10:55pm On Feb 07, 2020
NaijirianKing:

I assume that you're from "that" side of the Niger River. First things first, this is a forum for Igbos, but I'll entertain you today.

There's a difference between hailing a woman for being a good wife, and generalizing a whole ethnic group's women as being mere concubines, as is the case with a certain demographic of musicians from Lagos who make lyrics overtly sexualizing Igbo women.

I believe you know the difference between extolling the virtues of a good wife, and generalizing a whole ethnic group as the concubines of choice.

Just be aware that Igbo men have taken note and we are moving things in motion to check this.

A ma ka mmiri si were baa n’opi ugboguru?

NaijirianKing:

This is all part of a concerted effort to further marginalize and malign the image of the Igbo Man.

The Igbo Man is a rare breed, fears no man, but devoutly respects Justice, Equity, and his Chi.

As such, attacks on the morality and virtue of his woman is a way to indirectly attack the Igbo Man, who is seen by his enemies as having little weaknesses.

So, by actively degrading the women of the group, those who despise the Igbo Man feel that they are launching blows against him, directly and indirectly.

At this point, Igbos have began to see the trend and this next decade will be very different as the Igbo Man doesn't take challenges lying down.

Naijirians number one target is not the Igbo people, but the Igbo Man.

You could open another thread to discuss these issues as outlined by you.

Also, why are there no yellow people in your photos?
Re: . by topboss: 11:31pm On Feb 07, 2020
Thank God it is Friday....

posting dat video is useless, u need to watch on youtube for some reason.
Re: . by knowledgeable: 11:55pm On Feb 07, 2020
nlPoster:

@ bolded

Yoruba women don't seem to be bothered countering these stereotypes regardless how many times you say them.

@ naira marley stuff, what exactly are you referring to, can you give better details.

Call them puta... Portuguese for prostitutes. Can you imagine that?
Re: . by nlPoster: 3:00am On Feb 08, 2020
horsepower102:

The bold is one of our biggest problems. We need to learn how to play standing on the fence and striking when the time is right like the yorubas have always done.

Anytime I hear southern unity from them, I immediately see gullible foolish igbos rallying with them not knowing that hey are being used.

Let’s use this 2020s and finally be wise. Enough igbo blood has been spilled. It has to stop. If we don’t start watching out for our interest in this new decade, then our children and grandchildren and future generations will continue to suffer the consequences.

You seem confused, going by your posts elsewhere calling for people to be permanently silenced.

How about you get to be silenced so you could stop disturbing the cyberspace.
Re: . by horsepower102: 3:07am On Feb 08, 2020
nlPoster:

You seem confused, going by your posts elsewhere calling for people to be permanently silenced.

How about you get to be silenced so you could stop disturbing the cyberspace.

You totally missed my point. Permanently silenced by Anioma people coming out and proclaiming that they are Igbos.

Once that is done the deniers will be silenced by the voice of the majority.

The problem is that the majority who are mostly pro-igbo are silent while the deniers who are in the minority are very loud.

Please if you misunderstood me, ask for clarification.

1 Like

Re: . by tpiander: 3:10am On Feb 08, 2020
horsepower102:

You totally missed my point. Permanently silenced by Anioma people coming out and proclaiming that they are Igbos.

Once that is done the deniers will be silenced by the voice of the majority.

The problem is that the majority who are mostly pro-igbo are silent while the deniers who are in the minority are very loud.

Please if you misunderstood me, ask for clarification.

And what part of them proclaiming their Igbo identity have you missed so far?

I guess you didn't get the memo despite it being loud and clear. Do you need the central Nigerian government to make the announcement from Abuja?
Re: . by horsepower102: 3:15am On Feb 08, 2020
tpiander:

And what part of them proclaiming their Igbo identity have you missed so far?

I guess you didn't get the memo despite it being loud and clear. Do you need the central Nigerian government to make the announcement from Abuja?

You need to read the interview with IZu Anioma. We keep getting mixed messages. That’s why they is a need for the Aniomas to come out openly and loudly declare their igbo identity.

From that moment, we will completely ignore any one that ever says Aniomas are not igbos.

Also the Aniomas have never made it loud and clear on what they are. If they did, all these conversations would never happen.

There is a sense of ambiguity where space is created for the deniers of Igbo identity to thrive without any consequences for them.

Allowing this to continue breeds disunity among igbos

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (688) (689) (690) (691) (692) (693) (694) ... (732) (Reply)

Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa / Nairaland Says No To Secessionists / Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.