Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,390 members, 7,926,118 topics. Date: Tuesday, 20 August 2024 at 10:14 AM

. - Politics (724) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / . (604271 Views)

IGBO POLITICAL LEADERS N THEIR PAST MISADVENTURES RESULTING IN CURRENT NAT PROBL / Junaid Mohammed: Igbo Political Leaders Haven’t Learnt Any Lesson From Civil War / Buhari And Economic Advisory Council In Close Door Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (721) (722) (723) (724) (725) (726) (727) ... (732) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by sage(m): 9:09pm On Jun 01, 2020
Propaganda achieves nothing.

When Mbakwe worked on Aba and set up the city nicely, all big Igbo men, industrialists, people returning from overseas etc moved there to live. Americans, Europeans, Chinese, Indians etc lived in the city and their kids attended school there.

People voted with their feet and with their money in investments. No need for joke propaganda we have here. Igbo land benefited and made a name for itself with Aba made.

Why does T.A, Ikuku and Ikpeazu need a propaganda army being paid by Abia State money here trying to fool people?

Abia and Aba in particular is the filthiest most decayed place in Nigeria. The truth about this will take center stage soon on a more global forum. No amount of propaganda can hide it forever or alter reality

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by SonOfEl(m): 9:12pm On Jun 01, 2020
pazienza:

There is no rule it must start from Abia North.

By the end of Ikpeazu tenure all the three senatorial zones of Abia would have had two tenures each.
It means the beginning of a new circle and there is no rule that Abia North must start the new circle. It can start from Central or North.

This is the Argument T.A and Ikuku servants on facebook have been pushing and it's a rational one.
Its same argument Ekwerrwmmadu sycophants in Enugu who wants him to run for governorship position in the state are pushing.

So yea! Ikuku has his eyes on Abia governorship come 2023, and looking at how disorganized Abians are, he might as well have his way.

There is a rule. It's even in the Abia charter of equity. If not, PDP wouldn't have remained this long.

Again, you can't know or assume you know everything.

Please drop it. Your points are embarrassingly out of place
Re: . by SonOfEl(m): 9:15pm On Jun 01, 2020
sage:
Propaganda achieves nothing.

When Mbakwe worked on Aba and set up the city nicely, all big Igbo men, industrialists, people returning from overseas etc moved there to live. Americans, Europeans, Chinese, Indians etc lived in the city and their kids attended school there.

People voted with their feet and with their money in investments. No need for joke propaganda we have here. Igbo land benefited and made a name for itself with Aba made.

Why does T.A, Ikuku and Ikpeazu need a propaganda army being paid by Abia State money here trying to fool people?

Abia and Aba in particular is the filthiest most decayed place in Nigeria. The truth about this will take center stage soon on a more global forum. No amount of propaganda can hide it forever or alter reality

Sage, you are lying. All what you are spewing is just propaganda.

Abia is neither the worst state in the southeast nor in the entire country.

I think I now see why superlightning was attacking pazienza

1 Like

Re: . by pazienza(m): 9:18pm On Jun 01, 2020
sage:

How can people be so wicked? Because of a few pennies they are given they promote propaganda that impoverishes Abians and destroys their future.

A couple of Igbo people I know living overseas have wanted to set up businesses that would employ hundreds of youths and pay them as much money as they would make in Lagos in Aba and help bolster the economy of the east. Unfortunately whenever we come to Aba (including this year) and see the horror the city is in we are left speechless and have held off.

If the criminal gang holding Abia hostage were removed tomorrow, the amount of investments pouring into the city would dwarf the crumbs T.A Orji, Ikuku and Ikpeazu give their propaganda army and provide massive employment opportunities for them.

A lot of Igbos would not need to move to Lagos anymore to secure high paying jobs

Its painful and worst there is this inexplicable silence by Igbos who are supposed to do something about T.A and his son reign of impoverishment in that stte. But everyone is keeping quiet.
Abaribe is interested in talking about SE marginalization at the center which is commendable and we love him for being courageous enough to do. But what about back home? Abaribe has nothing to say about T.A reign and his stooge in Abia. His silence is no longer golden, just because he knows T.A controls the state PDP machinery, he looks the other way to the impunity going on in Abia while in return they reward him with continuous return ticket to the Senate. Is being in Senate worth it when Abia is this infrastructurally challenged with civil servants living in penury?

Nnamdi Kanu is not saying much too, but these are his people and people are suffering at home.
Biafra is good, but people need to live to get to Biafra, even Moses had to provide food and water for the Israelites.
Is he scared of T.A turning Ndi Ngwa against him if he speaks? Why the silence?

3 Likes

Re: . by sage(m): 9:21pm On Jun 01, 2020
SonOfEl:

What am I lying about?

Aba had non Nigerians living and working in it in the 1980's. Even European brand showrooms like Bata shoes had showrooms in Aba

Aba has decayed so much now it even lacks basic sanitation or roads. The horror is unspeakable and North African teams that come to Aba to play Enyimba must conclude that our people are nothing but animals considering Aba' s state (all just so the T.A. Orji criminal enterprise can continue in perpetuity)

Aba was one of the first places in Nigeria to get anything that debuted in Lagos. Multiple cinemas, supermarkets eateries, concerts etc. Today Aba is in such a horrific state it lacks a mall, cinema (it used to have multiple in the 1980's) basic sanitation or roads

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: . by pazienza(m): 9:21pm On Jun 01, 2020
SonOfEl:

There is no honor amongst thieves.
Those who have robbed Abia blind since 1999 are incapable of honour and it would silly to think they would keep any non constitutional rule.

Even if they keep the rule, the Abia North man would still be another stooge under T.A and Ikuku control. The looting can only get worst.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jun 01, 2020
pazienza:

What has Ikpeazu done in Aba since 2015 as a governor?
What?
He was ASEPA head under T. A, what did he do to keep Aba clean?

Who cares about what you think about my love or hate for Aba ? Just because you are incapable of rising above your parochial and clannish orientation does not mean the rest of us are going to put up with your mediocrity as the norm.

So because Ikpeazu is an Ngwa man, the rest of Ndi Abia and Ndiigbo can longer point out how a colossal failure he has become without Ngwa people like you coming out to play your clannish card?
Bomb dey una head! Dem no born una well.

We will tell you the truth, if you are too angry, go and lay eggs. You will not determine how we judge Abia, you can only put up defense by showing us pictures, which umueme has failed to do so far, because obviously, there are no good pictures to show.
BTW, where is ChinenyeN. Come and carry your Ngwa brothers, their case can no longer be settled.
If not because I am trying not to arm Afonjas with Arsenal to attack Ndiigbo, I would have exposed all the failures of Ikpeazu here in pictures.
Better mind yourselves.
oh now you don't want to give the Yoruba's arsenal to fight ndiigbo? so your half-truths aren't ammunition enough? do you think you are the only one with ugly pics from other SE states?you make me laugh.
maybe if I paraphrase my questions once again, you would answer me this time around.
How many states in the east beat Abia in terms of industrialisation ,fdi and tread ?
would we be getting massive industries year in and out if truly Abia isn't functioning?

But wait oh! are you stating that to the best of your knowledge that roads are bad in Aba as they where before 2015 ?

How many flyovers has your present state government constructed since its now the major status to show advancement?
if only ngwa peeps support ikpeazu,how did he win the last elections?
I gave pics of the roads (go through this thread and see pics I have continuously posted) being done by this present government.Next I know, you claim it isn't a double dual carriageway -even your truck can drive beside another truck on a section of that road.
while peeps like you only claim what you aren't online, and focus on the shortcomings (which I never denied) of Aba, I and other ''s like me would show the world the good side of these mighty city.
And what do you know? maybe it's working because my city would only keep getting better the days of neglect aba experienced is in the he past. when Newmap roundup the ph -ngwa road axis, I expect to see you guys find another reason to whip us
I expect you have to have the final say-but goodnight hopefully tomorrow would bring better

7 Likes

Re: . by TEDHorsePower: 5:30pm On Jun 02, 2020
Hahahaha

Abia state is cursed. Expected Abia miscreants like okpalaAnambra aka chef2000 to put of a defense

pazienza:

Its painful and worst there is this inexplicable silence by Igbos who are supposed to do something about T.A and his son reign of impoverishment in that stte. But everyone is keeping quiet.
Abaribe is interested in talking about SE marginalization at the center which is commendable and we love him for being courageous enough to do. But what about back home? Abaribe has nothing to say about T.A reign and his stooge in Abia. His silence is no longer golden, just because he knows T.A controls the state PDP machinery, he looks the other way to the impunity going on in Abia while in return they reward him with continuous return ticket to the Senate. Is being in Senate worth it when Abia is this infrastructurally challenged with civil servants living in penury?

Nnamdi Kanu is not saying much too, but these are his people and people are suffering at home.
Biafra is good, but people need to live to get to Biafra, even Moses had to provide food and water for the Israelites.
Is he scared of T.A turning Ndi Ngwa against him if he speaks? Why the silence?
Re: . by hammerpP: 9:09pm On Jun 02, 2020
ANOTHER ONE, I HOPE SE IS KEEPING COUNT OR ARE THEY SLEEPING WHILE RAPE AND MURDER TAKE OVER THE REGION DAILY?

Panic in Imo community as herdsmen kill security operative

Stanley Uzoaru, Owerri

There is palpable fear in Umuanuma community in Aboh Mbaise Local Government Area of Imo State as suspected herdsmen killed a private security operative, Hycinth Ikegwu, at about 6 am on Sunday while returning from work.

A source from the community, who revealed the incident to DAily Sun, said the community suspected herdsmen because of the brutal way he was murdered.

Ikegwu was said to have been brutally chopped with a very sharp objected on the head that caused him to bleed to death.

“We don’t know what happened to him but because of the deep cut on his head, we just have to suspect the herdsmen.”

However, contrary to the claim of the herdsmen attack, another indigene of the community said: “It couldn’t have been herdsmen attack.

“We don’t have issues of herdsmen in our community, so I doubt he was killed by herdsmen, although the killing was too brutal as nothing was taken away from him, including his motorcycle.”

When contacted, the state Police Public Relations Officer, Orlando Ikeokwu, said he was yet to be briefed on the incident.

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/panic-in-imo-community-as-herdsmen-kill-security-operative/amp/

1 Like

Re: . by B2mario(m): 4:58pm On Jun 03, 2020
superlightning:
I hope to give UdechiHD and pazienza a rude and dirty slap if I should meet them in person.

Their lies and idiocy disgusts me.

Face your 60% poverty striken enugu state, you won't.

You would have rejoiced if it was abia that had such high poverty index of 60%, but glory be to God, YOU WERE ALL SHAMED!!!! LOSERS!!!!

Me too.
Re: . by superlightning: 7:48am On Jun 06, 2020
UMUAHIA1stson:
Orji kalu is out. Who lost? Abia state.

After looting Abia state with nothing to show except filth and dilapidated roads, now he is out of prison.

Abia state and its people whose future were stolen are the greatest losers.

This is why Abia state will continue to lead all Nigerian states as the worst state since 1999 till date.

Another lazy and myopic analysis. How did Abia lose? Was it Abia that released him from jail?
Why are you this sadistic?

2 Likes

Re: . by hammerpP: 12:33pm On Jun 09, 2020
PLEASE Ooo..

I HAVE NOTICED SOMETHING ON BIAFRA COAT OF ARMS.

ONE SEEMS TO BE PEACE, UNITY AND FREEDOM.

THE OTHER SEEMS TO BE PEACE JUSTICE AND FREEDOM.

I THINK IT SHOULD BE, JUSTICE, PEACE AND FREEDOM.

WE DONT NEED UNITY ON OUR COAT OF ARMS, JUSTICE IS PREFERED OVER UNITY.

OTHERWISE WE END UP LIKE NIGERIA, WHERE WE HAVE UNITY WITHOUT JUSTICE.

THEY WILL WRITE BUDGET EXCLUDE SE AND TELL THEM UNITY.

2 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 2:28pm On Jun 09, 2020
B2mario:

Me too.
I don't chat with political charlatans.

1 Like

Re: . by B2mario(m): 7:43am On Jun 10, 2020
Senate considers bill to tackle erosion in South-East
ON JUNE 10, 20206:18 AMIN NEWS

…As local content, National Transport Commission bills scale second reading

The Senate yesterday considered a bill to address the problem of erosion in the country, with special focus on the South-East.

The bill which scaled second reading seeks to establish the Erosion Control and Prevention Commission.

Sponsor of the bill, Senator Ifeanyi Ubah (YPP – Anambra South) in his lead debate on the bill, said the establishment of a commission for the purpose of erosion control and prevention had become imperative in view of the catastrophic impact of erosion in several parts of the country.

“Almost every part of this country is characterized by one environmental problem or the other but, however, the menace of erosion is unarguably the severest in terms of devastation and destruction; for instance, the 2012 flooding in Ibadan, Oyo State, the coastal erosion in Lagos, Bayelsa and Rivers States and almost all parts of Anambra State. It is also very important to note that gully erosion is almost taking over the entire landmass of the South East and South South.

“The problem of erosion is catastrophic in the southern part of Nigeria, while desertification is in the North, but with the enactment of the Green Wall Act by the National Assembly, the issue of desertification was laid to rest.

“In the southern part of the country, erosion is responsible for the widespread destruction of transportation and communication systems, degradation of arable land, contamination of water supply, isolation of settlements and migration of communities.

“From available statistics, more than 3,500 gullies occurred in the south east states alone. These gullies are formed by surface runoff from localized rainfall event of high intensity in the fine-to coarse-grained sand and sandstones,” Ubah said.

Citing a World bank survey carried out on Nigeria in 1990, the lawmaker stressed that “erosion is one of the three main environmental problems facing Nigeria.”

According to him, the study noted that “gully erosion causes damage with an annual cost to the nation estimated at N800 billion naira.”

Senator Ajayi Boroffice (APC – Ondo North), in his contribution , however kicked against the establishment of a commission for the purpose of erosion control in the South East.

According to the lawmaker who is the Deputy Senate Leader, an amendment to the Ecological Fund to accommodate the erosion problems in the South East would address all challenges faced by the region.

Senator Rochas Okorocha (APC – Imo West), while throwing his weight behind the bill said the commission when established, would not only address the erosion challenges faced by the South East, but also every other part of the country affected adversely by such environmental challenge.

Senator Ibrahim Gobir (APC – Sokoto East), argued that “creating a commission will be a burden on government”, particularly at a time that it is trying to cut down costs.

He, therefore, advocated for the adoption of preventive measures through the introduction of legislation by the National Assembly.

In his remarks on the bill, President of the Senate, Ahmad Lawan, said, “the debate tended to sway whether we need a commission or not, but the fact is, we have to address the ecological challenges we have in the country.

“If we have gully erosion that is destroying the lands in various parts of the country, especially in the south east, then we have to do something, whether it is a Commission or not. I believe that there are other ecological challenges in other parts of the country.

“Coastal erosion is also a strong challenge in the Nigerian coastal environment, just as desertification is a big problem in the northern part of the country.

“I want to say that the Green Wall project actually is not desertification control. It is simply afforestation. Desertification control should be much more comprehensive than that.

“Similarly, when we have gully erosion, it is just not about stopping the erosion, there are other things that need to be done beyond stopping it because communities’ livelihoods are affected. So, you need to have something comprehensive.”
Re: . by Afam4eva(m): 11:07am On Jun 10, 2020
@Spyder880
Please, can you consider re-titling this thread?

1 Like

Re: . by Afam4eva(m): 11:10am On Jun 10, 2020
I have a question for engineers on this thread, specifically, road engineers.

Is there something about roads in Aba that makes it difficult or maybe expensive to do compared to roads in other parts of the country. I think i've heard something similar pertaining to the soil in the Niger Delta. I don't know if that's what is wrong with Aba.

I'm asking because, i can't for the life of me understand why Aba is so neglected by the Abia state government. They can't even make the roads as decent as the roads in Umuahia.

1 Like

Re: . by Umueme: 10:39pm On Jun 11, 2020
Afam4eva:
I have a question for engineers on this thread, specifically, road engineers.

Is there something about roads in Aba that makes it difficult or maybe expensive to do compared to roads in other parts of the country. I think i've heard something similar pertaining to the soil in the Niger Delta. I don't know if that's what is wrong with Aba.

I'm asking because, i can't for the life of me understand why Aba is so neglected by the Abia state government. They can't even make the roads as decent as the roads in Umuahia.

Are you sure?
Rigid cement technology is being used in Aba roads. This is osusu road. It hasn't been tarred. Your looking at 2 feet thick concrete

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Umueme: 10:41pm On Jun 11, 2020
Emelogu road nears completion

B2mario
Superlightning

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Umueme: 10:43pm On Jun 11, 2020
Meanwhile contractors have setup for work on Ngwa road.

3 Likes

Re: . by Umueme: 10:49pm On Jun 11, 2020

1 Like

Re: . by Umueme: 10:51pm On Jun 11, 2020
Egege street A.K.A ama akara

4 Likes

Re: . by Umueme: 10:53pm On Jun 11, 2020
Ama akara

3 Likes

Re: . by phoenix911: 10:59pm On Jun 11, 2020
Umueme:

Are you sure?
Rigid cement technology is being used in Aba roads. This is osusu road. It hasn't been tarred. Your looking at 2 feet thick concrete

Are you sure it is 2feet? or do you mean Inches, are they building a dam?
Re: . by SonOfEl(m): 11:35pm On Jun 11, 2020
Umueme:

Are you sure?

Abia state with all it's political setbacks is indeed the most underrated state in Nigeria.

Till today lazy observers still cite the deficits of the past without following up the current ongoings in infrastructure renewal in Abia state.

3 Likes

Re: . by superlightning: 11:38pm On Jun 11, 2020
Umueme:

B2mario
Superlightning

I hope they finish it in record time. There is more to be done. Thank God we are making progress.

1 Like

Re: . by ANSMEDIA: 9:23am On Jun 12, 2020
Update: Anambra International Cargo Airport

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlBdJFLz17U

5 Likes

Re: . by B2mario(m): 2:36pm On Jun 12, 2020
Umueme:

B2mario
Superlightning

Brother I dey with you any day any time. Good job.

1 Like

Re: . by B2mario(m): 2:39pm On Jun 12, 2020
Umueme:

B2mario
Superlightning

Ikpeazu is doing well and I really appreciate him

1 Like

Re: . by B2mario(m): 2:43pm On Jun 12, 2020
Umueme:

Are you sure?

Bro is there any plan to tar sacred heart road beside Osusu road?
Re: . by B2mario(m): 2:44pm On Jun 12, 2020
Umueme:

Are you sure?

Bro is there any plan to tar sacred heart road beside Osusu road?.

(1) (2) (3) ... (721) (722) (723) (724) (725) (726) (727) ... (732) (Reply)

Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa / Nairaland Says No To Secessionists / Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.