Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,976 members, 7,903,117 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 July 2024 at 03:33 AM

. - Politics (258) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / . (599581 Views)

IGBO POLITICAL LEADERS N THEIR PAST MISADVENTURES RESULTING IN CURRENT NAT PROBL / Junaid Mohammed: Igbo Political Leaders Haven’t Learnt Any Lesson From Civil War / Buhari And Economic Advisory Council In Close Door Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) ... (732) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by superlightning: 7:17pm On Oct 07, 2018
pazienza:

Nobody should disrupt Dave Umahi from his wonderful work At Ebonyi.
Ebonyi needs Dave continuity.

Peter Obi for VP

I agree with you. But I hope they won't keep peter obi redundant as VP o.... Peter deserves to be a president.
Re: . by pazienza(m): 7:19pm On Oct 07, 2018
OLUSOLA FABIYI

Fresh facts have emerged on how the Governor of Rivers State, Mr. Nyesom Wike was able to mobilise members of the National Executive Committee of the Peoples Democratic Party to get Port Harcourt endorsed for the party ’s national convention on Friday.

Investigations by our correspondent showed that two presidential aspirants in the party were behind the plot to take the convention out of Rivers State.

The aspirants were said to have suggested Enugu for the event.

Unfortunately for them, the state was said to have declined the suggestion.

The two aspirants (names withheld) are said to be from North-West and North -East, respectively

It was gathered that one of the aspirants was initially very close to Wike and had thought that he would be his ally in his bid to pick the party’s presidential ticket.

However, it was gathered that Wike had refused to give his commitment to the aspiration of his friend.

A source close to the party said that sensing that Wike was becoming too close to one of the aspirants from the North-West, the two aspirants ganged up and stared reaching out to their friends in the Board of Trustees to call for the change of venue for the convention.

The source said, “There are two presidential aspirants who were not comfortable with the use of Port Harcourt for the convention.

“Both of them are even supposed to be members of the BoT. One of them is very desperate and have even been going about as if he has emerged as the PDP presidential candidate.

“He has taken almost half of the hotel in Port Harcourt, until the state found out and stopped the plan by him to book all the hotels.

“The plan was to make all the delegates rely on him for accommodation and thereby force to do their bidding.

“But Wike moved in swiftly and stop the plan. That’s how they became enemies.

“The other one felt that he had been loyal to the party and therefore, Wike being another loyal member of the party, must work with him to get the ticket.”

Our correspondent gathered that when the two aspirants knew that they might not get the suport of the governor, they resorted to the BoT members.

The Chairman of the BoT, Senator Walid Jibrin, had openly disagreed with the members of the National Working Committee on the use of Port Harcourt for the convention.

Jibrin, during the inauguration of the party’s National Convention Committee, openly told the Deputy National Chairman of the party, Mr. Taiwo Akinwomi that the party had yet to conclude on the issue of venue for the convention.

Sensing that the plan could be truncated, it was learnt that Wike had to mobilise his friends who are members of NEC to attend the meeting.

“That was why we had so many bigwigs in attendance despite the short notice for the meeting,” the source said.

No victor, no vanguished, says Fayose

Meanwhile, the Governor of Ekiti State, Mr. Ayodele Fayose, has said the conflict over the venue for PDP’s forthcoming national convention was resolved amicably and that there was no victor and no vanquished.

In a statement from his office on Saturday, the governor said it was mischievous of anyone to say Wike won the argument.

“Nobody won. Neither Wike nor PDP was in contest. It is, therefore, uncharitable to say that Wike won”, he added.

1 Like

Re: . by pazienza(m): 7:20pm On Oct 07, 2018
What is the problem with Ugwuanyi.
Why should he and Enugu state government decline such an offer?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by superlightning: 7:21pm On Oct 07, 2018
Osagyefo98:

His respect is in abia state...dats all

Obiano no get his time.

Kanu shoudl save himself before others.

He can't lead us....no way.

That concerns you and your other monikers.

Uche mefor and other anambarisns will willingly lock up ANAMBRA especially ONITSHA for Nnamdi KANU. He is the boss. Its undisputed.

You anambara monikers should stop misrepresenting the good people of anambra.
Re: . by pazienza(m): 7:22pm On Oct 07, 2018
Does he not know the amount of business and money that would have flowed into the state business community during the host of such event.
It would also boost the ratings of Enugu.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by pazienza(m): 7:24pm On Oct 07, 2018
superlightning:

Uche mefor and other anambarisns will willingly lock up ANAMBRA especially ONITSHA for Nnamdi KANU. He is the boss. Its undisputed.

Stop calling them Anambra monikers. Anambra remains a strong IPOB stronghold.

Moreover, Uche Mefor, Anambra man is currently the leader of IPOB. IPOB is not Kanu personal property.

4 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 7:26pm On Oct 07, 2018
superlightning:

Our view is widely accepted by my brothers coz they already know what we stand for.
Re: . by superlightning: 7:29pm On Oct 07, 2018
pazienza:

Stop calling them Anambra monikers. Anambra remains a strong IPOB stronghold.

Moreover, Uche Mefor, Anambra man is currently the leader of IPOB. IPOB is not Kanu personal property.

I know IPOB is not KANU property. I never said it was. In the absence of KANU, Mefor takes charge.

So ANAMBRA is an ipob stronghold.

Till today, KANU remains the leader until proven dead.
Re: . by superlightning: 7:33pm On Oct 07, 2018
Osagyefo98:

Our view is widely accepted by my brothers coz they already know what we stand for.

Your brothers or your other nairaland monikers? Lol.... Abegi.

It is your type that make me want to remind ndi ANAMBRA who they should never dream of messing with - ndi abia
Re: . by pazienza(m): 7:36pm On Oct 07, 2018
superlightning:

It is your type that make me want to remind ndi ANAMBRA who they should never dream of messing with - ndi abia

See monologue. grin

3 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 7:39pm On Oct 07, 2018
superlightning:

Story come over here and u will realise we give no damn about kanu. He is just a riff raff

Ipob my foot.
Re: . by superlightning: 7:44pm On Oct 07, 2018
Osagyefo98:

Story come over here and u will realise we give no damn about kanu. He is just a riff raff

Ipob my foot.

Chai....you are seriously pained ..... Ndo..... Lol

No be only riff raff, na raff riff
Re: . by superlightning: 7:46pm On Oct 07, 2018
Osagyefo98:

Ipob my foot.

No be only riff raff, na raff riff....
Re: . by Nobody: 7:47pm On Oct 07, 2018
superlightning:

No be only riff raff, na raff riff....

That's me let me be pained. Ipob should maintain their madness in abia or any other states

Anambra is not interested, if we need break up we have the capacity to initiate that.

1 Like

Re: . by Cjrane2: 7:47pm On Oct 07, 2018
pazienza:

Ugwuanyi did the right thing.

I hate when we keep asking our Governors to do this and that with their limited resources, they plead lack of resources to do everything, then spend the resources on party jamborees.

I feel better that Enugu State's meager resources were spent on infrastructure than party jamborees.Imagine news like "Enugu spends N500 million on PDP national convention" It's the type of thing a thoughtless person like Rochas or Amaechi would do.

4 Likes

Re: . by GuyWise(m): 7:48pm On Oct 07, 2018
If this report is true then one can say that Ugwuanyi goofed up big time.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: . by pazienza(m): 7:51pm On Oct 07, 2018
Cjrane2:

I hate when we keep asking our Governors to do this and that with their limited resources, they plead lack of resources to do everything, then spend the resources on party jamborees.

I feel better that Enugu State's meager resources were spent on infrastructure than party jamborees.Imagine news like "Enugu spends N500 million on PDP national convention" It's the type of thing a thoughtless person like Rochas or Amaechi would do.

Is it that costly an event to host?

Were the delegates fed by Rivers state government.

Other than just providing a suitable venue and security, were there other monetary commitment involved?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: . by superlightning: 7:52pm On Oct 07, 2018
Osagyefo98:

That's me let me be pained. Ipob should maintain their madness in abia or any other states

Anambra is not interested, if we need break up we have the capacity to initiate that.

Onu so so...... ANAMBRA ain't interested but Onitsha city was shut down in solidarity with ipob. Uche mefor from ANAMBRA is the deputy leader.

Dude hide your face. ANAMBRA is an IPOB stronghold.
Re: . by GuyWise(m): 7:52pm On Oct 07, 2018
On a second thought maybe he did it for the benefit of peace because Nigerians cannot gamble the chance of removing bulhari in 2019
Re: . by basilo101: 7:55pm On Oct 07, 2018
pazienza:
He is a personal friend of Tambuwal who made him chairman house committee on marine transport. PH venue favour Tambuwal his friend. Politicians and selfishness
Re: . by basilo101: 7:56pm On Oct 07, 2018
GuyWise:
If this report is true then one can say that Ugwuanyi goofed up big time.
Walahi the man don cast
Re: . by Nobody: 7:56pm On Oct 07, 2018
superlightning:

Onu so so...... ANAMBRA ain't interested but Onitsha city was shut down in solidarity with ipob. Uche mefor from ANAMBRA is the deputy leader.

Na u make am ipob stronghold lolzzzz

We don't need detractors here as we preparing for elections.
Kanu should go and look for job and pls stop mentioning uche mefor up and down.

He is just trying to save kanu face.

Until we say yes that's wen referendum will come but as for now we not ready.
Re: . by GuyWise(m): 7:59pm On Oct 07, 2018
superlightning:

This your back and front arguement with the idiot ain't cool, you don pass dat level na, just hapu ya ka o fooluwa onwe ya.

2 Likes

Re: . by pazienza(m): 8:00pm On Oct 07, 2018
basilo101:

He is a personal friend of Tambuwal who made him chairman house committee on marine transport. PH venue favour Tambuwal his friend. Politicians and selfishness

So, he would sell Enugu short for his personal interest.

The PDP primaries was broadcasted all over the world. Imagine the kind of media publicity and free advertising hosting such event could have done for Enugu.

There is a reason Nations and cities choose to host events that would be globally broadcasted, despite the huge cost that would be incurred in puting necessary infrastructure, organization and security on ground.

Until proven otherwise, Ugwuanyi goofed big time. And this must be condemned if it were made for selfish interests considerations.
A good Governor must always try to market his state to the world.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: . by superlightning: 8:01pm On Oct 07, 2018
Osagyefo98:

Na u make am ipob stronghold lolzzzz

We don't need detractors here as we preparing for elections.
Kanu should go and look for job and pls stop mentioning uche mefor up and down.

He is just trying to save kanu face.

Until we say yes that's wen referendum will come but as for now we not ready.

You wish.

No be only "we", na "wa".....otondo

You give your self too much importance.
Re: . by pazienza(m): 8:01pm On Oct 07, 2018
GuyWise:

This your back and front arguement with the idiot ain't cool, you don pass dat level na, just hapu ya ka o fooluwa onwe ya.

For all we care, they could be one and same person.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by basilo101: 8:02pm On Oct 07, 2018
Cjrane2:

Do you know the amount of money the event will bring into the city? Another news have that only enugu votes was shared in SE while atiku won by a wide margin in others. Wike and Ugwuanyi were working together for Tambuwal. While Wike is hustling for VP it's unclear what ugwuanyi was promised

3 Likes

Re: . by superlightning: 8:03pm On Oct 07, 2018
GuyWise:

Ngwanu..... Noted.
Re: . by Nobody: 8:04pm On Oct 07, 2018
superlightning:

You wish.

No be only "we", na "wa".....otondo

You give your self too much importance.

We are an important factor in igboland that's y ur so called kanu called for election boycott in annambra state but was heavily disgraced by the turnout of overwhelming electorates.
Re: . by Nobody: 8:06pm On Oct 07, 2018
GuyWise:

U think igbo go better on nairaland..

Better go fix ur brain and start thinking

For us nairaland is just a relaxation centre morelike a playground.
Re: . by superlightning: 8:06pm On Oct 07, 2018
pazienza:

For all we care, they could be one and same person.

Stop fooling yourself nwanne. You know its your other moniker.
Re: . by pazienza(m): 8:06pm On Oct 07, 2018
In civilized climes. This accusation is grave and must be investigated by the opposition parties.

Ndi Enugu deserve to know why Ugwuanyi shortchanged the entire state of the opportunity to gain from such money spinning event like PDP primaries. As well as denying the state the opportunity for undivided media coverage and advertisement of her potentials and positive strides.

We cant allow these political office holders in Igboland, keep making selfish decisions that is detrimental to the rest of us.

We need to start holding these people accountable.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) ... (732) (Reply)

Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa / Nairaland Says No To Secessionists / Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.