Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,074 members, 7,966,991 topics. Date: Saturday, 05 October 2024 at 09:16 AM

. - Politics (688) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / . (613138 Views)

IGBO POLITICAL LEADERS N THEIR PAST MISADVENTURES RESULTING IN CURRENT NAT PROBL / Junaid Mohammed: Igbo Political Leaders Haven’t Learnt Any Lesson From Civil War / Buhari And Economic Advisory Council In Close Door Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (685) (686) (687) (688) (689) (690) (691) ... (732) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by NaijirianKing: 8:32pm On Feb 06, 2020
Interesting.

Re: . by NaijirianKing: 8:33pm On Feb 06, 2020
Interesting.

2 Likes

Re: . by SLAP44: 8:37pm On Feb 06, 2020
A group, Oodua Action Movement, has called for an autonomous state of Yorubaland, urging the United Nations (UN), United States (U.S.), African Union (AU), European Union (EU), the Group of Seven (G-7) and other international institutions to come to the rescue.

The group, in a statement signed by its Co-ordinator, Demola Edward, noted that the Yoruba nation, as an ethnic of over 40 million people, should be able to manage its resources.

Edward urged President Muhammadu Buhari to begin the process for an autonomous Yoruba nation as a federating unit in Nigeria, as granted the South-West region upon independence in 1960.

He said: “As citizens in Diaspora, having watched the trend of events in Nigeria from the sidelines over the years and especially the current spate of insecurity of lives and property and the continued degeneration of the country, we have unequivocally concluded that the country with its present structure is in a state of irredeemable rot.

“Nigeria is now in the infamous league of failed nations.
From the foregoing, it is obvious that the present unitary structure of Nigeria has significantly inhibited the country’s growth and prospects.

“We demand an autonomous state for Yorubaland. The Yoruba people claim and demand our rights to self-determination; our rights to autonomously govern our region and manage our resources and own our destiny.

“The Oodua Action Movement, on behalf of Yoruba worldwide, is relentlessly committed to this cause. We are prepared to use all legal and peaceful means within the confines of international laws and norms to actualise an autonomous nation for Yoruba people within Nigeria.”

https://guardian.ng/news/south-west-group-demands-autonomy-of-yoruba-nation

NNAMDI KANU MUST BE ROLLING ON THE GROUND IN SERIOUS LAUGHTER. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: . by SLAP44: 8:41pm On Feb 06, 2020
On Amotekun we stand grin

Re: . by Nobody: 8:41pm On Feb 06, 2020
LLobiorah:

Your thought, your business.

Well it is my thought as business because Igbo language is my first language not as you that Igbo serves as your second language.

Always puts issues in their right perspective.
Re: . by NaijirianKing: 8:52pm On Feb 06, 2020
Interesting.

1 Like

Re: . by NaijirianKing: 8:54pm On Feb 06, 2020
Interesting.

1 Like

Re: . by Bonesking(m): 9:06pm On Feb 06, 2020
MelesZenawi:
[s]

Well it is my thought as business because Igbo language is my first language not as you that Igbo serves as your second language.

Always puts issues in their right perspective[/s].
Afonja thinks we are kids here. The ancestors are turning on their graves by such denigrating utterance. And ezigbote iwe na ewe the gods ugbua.

Did you just say Igbo is your first language? Ekwensu richa gi onu ebe ahu! Anumanu.

Jobless frustrated mkpi that wishes himself Igbo. Bia Enyi! Ekwela ka nkapia tawa gi imi ebe ahu! Anu mpama!

What Insolence!

2 Likes

Re: . by XANDERBOY85: 9:49pm On Feb 06, 2020
NaijirianKing:
BREAKING_NEWS

GUO, Ezenwata and Young shall grow luxurious buses Hijacked to unknown destination by Fulani Bandits at Lokoja express way after Okene.
Pray for Igbos. We got info that they separated all the passengers of northern origin and made away with those from the south east after executing d drivers. Right now, nobody knows their whereabouts
Details below!

G.U.O, the young shall grow and Ezenwata luxury bus has been reportedly taken hostage by bandits.
If you're an Igbo Man or Woman Travelling to any part of Northern Nigeria it is better for you to suspend it for the sake of your dear Llife.

information reaching everybody in Onitsha right now had it that Ezenwata luxury bus, G.U.O luxury bus and the young shall grow luxury bus that just left couple of hours ago, traveling from Onitsha to sokoto has been hijacked along Lokoja road Kogi State of Nigeria and taken to unknown destination. According to the report all the people of northern origin were discharged without harm. However all the southerners in the bus were taken away to an unknown destination.up until now there is no information about their whereabout.

Nigerians are admonished to check on their family, friends and well wishers who boarded any luxury bus enroute Sokoto from Onitsha to be sure about they safety.

If i had my way, i’d ensure ALL Igbos are made to leave that north! This is exactly a replay of 1966!

1 Like

Re: . by NaijirianKing: 11:12pm On Feb 06, 2020
Interesting.

Re: . by B2mario(m): 11:17pm On Feb 06, 2020
ChinenyeN:

I kula jii? Alright. I can now answer your question with great detail, so do pay attention. Anyone who researches even the slightest thing about Ngwa learns relatively quickly that we have a term for any and all things "non-Ngwa" (ohnuhnu). I do not know the story of how Ohuhu clan (of Umuahia) got it's name, so I cannot say if it is related to our own use of ohnuhnu.

Anyhow, "ohnuhnu" in Ngwa parlance has two usages. The original one refers to the name we ascribed to Ehilihita, Oke, Okwuato, Ahiara, Nguru (in short, the greater part of Mbaisne), and Alulu, Uvuru Ntu, Mbutu Okahia, Umuohiagu, Obiangwu, etc. (Ngo Okpuala) communities. There are many more communities in this cluster that can be named, but you get my point. These are the communities that we consider as part of original/ancestral kinship. This is the original Ngwa/Mbaisne cluster. Any one of the communities in this Ngwa/Mbaisne cluster that is found on the west side of the Imo is referred to as "Ohnuhnu". Any one of the communities in this Ngwa/Mbaisne cluster that is found on the east side of the Imo is referred to as "Ngwa". That is the original usage.

Overtime, new people started to make their way into this area in different waves. Considering the time period for these waves, many of them were probably refuges, fleeing the effects of the transatlantic slave trade in their area. Since the west side of the Imo (Ohnuhnu) referred to these waves of new people as "Isoma", it is likely the case that they were mostly Isu and maybe other smaller groups who may not have been Isu, but resided in the Isu cultural zone. The east side of the Imo (Ngwa) referred to these waves of new people as "ohnuhnu", because they made their way into the area from Ohnuhnu's side of the river. That is the second usage of "ohnuhnu" in Ngwa parlance.

As time went on, the colonial period came and more people from northern Igbo ethnolinguistic groups to people outside of the Igbo ethnolinguistic region started showing up to work and live in Aba, Osisioma, Isiala Ngwa, etc. The term "ohnuhnu" grew to then incorporate all these new people and now "ohnuhnu" means any and everything that is not Ngwa (and also not part of the original Ngwa/Mbaisne cluster).

As a side note: Asa, Ndoki, Etche and Ikwerre communities are not included in the "ohnuhnu" (non-Ngwa) definition. Asa and Ndoki communities can also be seen as joining in using the term "ohnuhnu" to refer to the new non-indigenes (Igbo and non-Igbo) in the area.

There. That is the story. I hope that clears it up for you. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
ChinenyeN, I am not satisfied with this your long essay. Ndi Ohunhun in Ngwa dialect simply mean strangers, people you are just seeing who are not originally from your land.
Re: . by hammerU: 11:18pm On Feb 06, 2020
NaijirianKing:
On a cultural level.

DONT POST FAKE NEWS HERE PLS.
Re: . by NaijirianKing: 11:54pm On Feb 06, 2020
Interesting.

Re: . by B2mario(m): 11:55pm On Feb 06, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Ohia is not an anambra word and hardly you will see even a two year old child use it.

That's how You people wants to invade us with foreign languages that are alien to us.

What is Ohia...come down to omambala and check if you will here any such sound as. Ohia....not possible.

Blackboard is. Different from reality and you want to diminish our tongue by introducing foreign tongues in our midst.

Chineke ekwena......Ohia is not used here pls.

Be guided.
Oga say what you know. We know that there was a move made by Anambra elites to anambralised all names bear by Anambra people like using L and F, for R and H. But that does not change the indigenous dialect spoken by the people more especially people from the southern part of the state. People from the southern part of the state are of Isu and Orsu origin. If you want to claim a place you should try and study it properly and stop saying what you don't know.

You don't know Anambra you are claiming to have come from. And mind you the "Ife" and "Ofia" as against "ihe" and "Ohia" you claimed that are predominantly used by Anambra people are not used by all and are also used in Abia state in places like umuahia, ikwuano, arochukwu, bende and ohaofia, even in some parts of ebonyi.

There is no homogeneity in dialects spoken by Anambra people as Anambra is like ebonyi state with high number of Igbo clans unlike Imo and Abia where you will see up to seven or nine local government areas speaking almost the same thing. In ekwusigo, ihiala, nnewi, aguatta, and orumba there are many dialects spoken in each of the council areas.

Stop the exposure of your emptiness here, you are not Igbo talk more of coming from Anambra. Study Igbo and trend of Igbo migrations with igboland. There is every tendency that the real onitsha people may have migrated from arochukwu.

1 Like

Re: . by NaijirianKing: 11:57pm On Feb 06, 2020
Interesting.

Re: . by B2mario(m): 11:57pm On Feb 06, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Be guided and stop lying.

We are talking of known dialects, you are bringing igbo izugbe into an important corrections....are we in classroom?....which Nnewi south?

Ohia is a configured Igbo Izugbe and hardly used here unless in classrooms.

Simple.
where is this guy coming from sef?
Re: . by TEDHorsePower: 12:01am On Feb 07, 2020
B2MARIO, I copied you on this thread but you never showed up.

Just look at how Abia state is embarrassing Igbos. Now Abia state is now called PIGSTY but you are not worried, instead you are more concerned with a progressive Anambra.

https://www.nairaland.com/5672151/despite-thriving-businesses-aba-remains
Re: . by hammerU: 12:05am On Feb 07, 2020
WAT RED SOIL COULD BE USED FOR.

EVEN OUR SOIL IS AN INDUSTRY.

WE DONT APPRECIATE IT BUT RED SOIL IS THE BEST AND WE HAVE DEM IN COMMERCIAL QUANTITY.

2 Likes

Re: . by TEDHorsePower: 12:08am On Feb 07, 2020
B2MARIO, the condition of Abia state is enough to make you to be weeping everyday but instead you walk around as if all is well. Are you not worried that Abia state is the worst state in Nigeria? You people abandoned your state for TA Orji and Ikuku to take charge. Useless people

Re: . by hammerU: 12:10am On Feb 07, 2020
ASIDE DAT, IT COULD BE USED FOR ...

POST YOUR OWN FINDING.

LET US USE THIS PAGE PRODUCTIVELY.

3 Likes

Re: . by Bonesking(m): 12:21am On Feb 07, 2020
NaijirianKing:

I'm sure you can agree with me that the level of overt sexuality directed at Igbo women by outside groups is on the steady increase.

And, if care is not taken, such energy can give our women a very bad name.

This energy is usually directed by one group in particular.
Misplaced priority. My son leave this agenda you’re pushing. Women usually do not have much options as men when it comes to marriage, theirs is limited. If you really want to help our daughters, then you should be pushing for the restoration of polygamy in Igboland.

Are you to baby sit grown ups? Are you the parents of the ladies? Will you marry them or even take them as second wives?
Nwam leave mata for mathias.

Polygamy should be encouraged and not this ethnocentrism. Make the marriage of two or more wives legal in Alaigbo and you’ll solve a lot of issues you raised there

1 Like

Re: . by Bonesking(m): 12:28am On Feb 07, 2020
TEDHorsePower:
[s]B2MARIO, the condition of Abia state is enough to make you to be weeping everyday but instead you walk around as if all is well. Are you not worried that Abia state is the worst state in Nigeria? You people abandoned your state for TA Orji and Ikuku to take charge. Useless people

https://www.nairaland.com/5672151/despite-thriving-businesses-aba-remains[/s]
Afonja have you heard what we do to stubborn rats like you in the 1960’s. We don’t kill them, No! Because such is like a tap in the wrist.

We dedicate them to Ekwensu who in turn makes their lives worst than death.
That is what is destined for someone like you
Re: . by TEDHorsePower: 12:32am On Feb 07, 2020
Who is this drunk bikonu? cheesy
Re: . by Bonesking(m): 12:45am On Feb 07, 2020
TEDHorsePower:
Who is this drunk bikonu? :D
Better it remains a mystery! Let’s start the game from your dream this night?

1 Like

Re: . by ChinenyeN(m): 1:13am On Feb 07, 2020
B2mario:
ChinenyeN, I am not satisfied with this your long essay. Ndi Ohunhun in Ngwa dialect simply mean strangers, people you are just seeing who are not originally from your land

Lol. I tell you the historic and present day usages of the term. You come and summarize my words as if you are sharing something new with me, and then want to say you are unsatisfied. Uvuvu l'ezi. Well, as they say, you cannot please everyone.
Re: . by NaijirianKing: 1:23am On Feb 07, 2020
Sure?
Re: . by NaijirianKing: 1:29am On Feb 07, 2020
Interesting.

Re: . by Nobody: 5:46am On Feb 07, 2020
hammerU:

DONT POST FAKE NEWS HERE PLS.

He is right
Re: . by B2mario(m): 8:25am On Feb 07, 2020
Abagworo:
Ihiala, June 15, 2019 (MOI) New Traditional Ruler of Ihiala, Oluoha, Igwe Thomas Ikenna Amuta Obidiegwu has vowed to ensure more peaceful reign during his tenure.

``I will ensure peace and oneness,’’ Igwe Obidiegwu vowed in an interview with Politics Correspondent of Ministry of Information based at Ihiala.

The new Oluoha made the vow in his Palace at Umunnebogwu Okohia, Ihiala, after a keenly contested Igweship with Chief Azuka Alagwu.

The tussle for the stool nearly tore Ihiala apart.

``I have come to harmonise and re-unite Ihiala, as a one happy family,’’ the Igwe said, stressing, ``my reign will be the new face of Ihiala, where everybody will be under one umbrella’’.

It has been gathered that Oluoha throne rotates among the seven sons of Dioha Royal Family. These sons represent some specific villages that trace their linage to Dioha.

The journey to the throne starts from Elekechem, adjudged as the eldest son of Dioha to others -- Nnebogwu, Mmenike, Adobihi, Irogbuewu, Abanike and Ezeogu.

It rotates within these royal sons (villages) of Dioha.

It was also gathered that that there were three documents that also spells out guidelines to Oluohaship.

Igwe Obidiegwu noted that the first of such documents emanated from the Smith Enquiries, while the second was entire Ihiala Constitution as well as Code of conduct for Oluoha of Ihiala.

He said the third document spells out the rotation, known as the summary of the agreements of the seven sons of Dioha and their representatives.

It is that agreement that spells out, how each of the families, whose turn to produce Oluoha and how they would produce a candidate.

``It is this document that produced the late Oluoha, Dr Cosmas Okechukwu from Elekechem.’’

Igwe Obidiegwu noted that before his emergence, he went through all the procedures as prescribed in all documents relating to the installation of Oluoha, just as was followed to produce the last monarch.

``It is the Okpara of Nnebogwu that produced me, before handing over to the other six Okparas, of Dioha Royal Family.’’

When aspirants were whittled down to three from six, each of the remaining three aspirants was asked to bring a person each to make up an18-man Committee that made the final selection.

``The result eventually produced me,’’ Igwe Obidiegwu said.

https://anambrastate.gov.ng/news?r=a-new-face-of-ihiala-emerges-as-new-oluoha,-igwe-obidiegwu-takes-over&hs=7b96c9709096849a1dbadeb418a59b96
the guy you are quoting is not an Igbo and does not understand Igbo demographic setting. He's just claiming Anambra to cause disunity between Anambra and other Igbo states.
Re: . by VAQAXY: 8:33am On Feb 07, 2020
[s]
B2mario:
the guy you are quoting is not an Igbo and does not understand Igbo demographic setting. He's just claiming Anambra to cause disunity between Anambra and other Igbo states.
[/s]

B2MARIO, pay more attention on your filthy dilapidated Abia state.. Abia state is the worst state in Nigeria but you Abia people are never worried. What's wrong with you people? Is it a curse that affected all of you?

You are too inferior to determine who is from Anambra or not.

Re: . by Abia1stboy: 8:39am On Feb 07, 2020
VAQAXY:
[s][/s]

]B2MARIO, pay more attention on your filthy dilapidated Abia state.. Abia state is the worst state in Nigeria but you Abia people are never worried. What's wrong with you people? Is it a curse that affected all of you?

You are too inferior to determine who is from Anambra or not.

Abia state has decayed. Just look at my state. When we had opportunity to elect a technocrat like Alex Otti, we played useless politics of Ngwa people.

Nwa Aba ga aru Aba. Now look at the mess called Abia state today.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (685) (686) (687) (688) (689) (690) (691) ... (732) (Reply)

Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa / Nairaland Says No To Secessionists / Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.