Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,028 members, 7,973,512 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 06:07 PM

10 Reasons Why Iphone Beats Android - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 10 Reasons Why Iphone Beats Android (24105 Views)

Why Iphone 13 Is The Worst Iphone Apple Has Ever Made... / Iphone 12 The Beast, Why Iphone Is The Father Of All Phones / Why Iphone Is Better Than Android. Appledoc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Reasons Why Iphone Beats Android by kmaster007: 9:02am On Apr 21, 2018
wat dis one saying re u trying to market iPhone since he no pple no even dey buy dem anymore. deir market value don drop...
Re: 10 Reasons Why Iphone Beats Android by m003: 9:12am On Apr 21, 2018
Farmerforlife:

I still have an iphone 5s that I bought as far back as 2014. It is still working superbly, no issues, no battery problems, nothing, it works like new and I rely on it as my workphone. Meanwhile, I have had to change my 'fancy' android phone 4 times in that time. I also kept my very rugged 2009 macbook unibody laptop that I still use for field work, despite my having bought a newer model. It keeps telling me to service the battery, but I can still easily get about 4-5 hours work out of it on battery, something that few other laptop brands can do after just one year of use. It has nvidia graphics, and an excellent processor, which can be used for coding if necessary. The laptop overall still works perfectly 8 years after purchase, and I have not had cause to repair anything. I only open it when I want to blow out the dust inside.

US made appliances are usually very durable. Look at Ford for example.
apple product are durable? YES. But you forgot something, their processors, screen and panel are made by samsung IN CHINA just turn the back of your Iphone you'll see.
In my opinion apple laptops are superior but but comparing android and IOS is like taking a high end car from a particular brand and comparing it with a cheap car from another brand. Take BMW and Lexux for instance it will be wrong to compare a 5series with a IS250 just as it will be wrong to compare a Lexus LFA to a 3series.
My 2 cents
Re: 10 Reasons Why Iphone Beats Android by Badb0y4lyf(m): 9:12am On Apr 21, 2018
This is copy and paste I have first hand experience using the two and this what I noticed.

iPhone battery last more than Samsung but Samsung compensated that with fast charging.

iPhone can’t multitask it uses task switcher that why when you open lots of pages on browser safari it reloads after some time Samsung does everything in real time watch video while chatting etc

Samsung has the best screen resolution technology even iPhone X screen had to be made by Samsung but iPhone lcd screen are no joke it just as clear

iPhone isn’t user friendly I had to google how to delete all contact on phone and even how to off screen rotation

iPhone has a better finger print sensor and screen touch

iPhone has no gimmicks no remote nufin it just shines as a better multi media phone music, videos , camera , Instagram iPhone shines out but Samsung on the other hand is more capable of office work I.e excel , word , pdf emails and all.

At the end but phone are nice you just have to make selection based on your needs

2 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why Iphone Beats Android by Hassan080196(m): 9:17am On Apr 21, 2018
The first thing on the list made me skip down the whole article. A11 bionic chip on iPhone X down to iPhone 8 is not the fastest at all and if you disagree, many review videos are on YouTube for you to watch. Samsung Note8 , so and s9 plus destroyed iPhoneX patapata. Xiomi, oneplus6 also destroyed iPhone X when it comes to speed. So, what are you telling me?! 2. Get it to your skull, iPhone is not the easiest phone to use. Andriod is more user friendly than iPhone. I've been using iPhone since iPhone 3gs to iPhone 6s, I can say that all of them can't be compared to samsung s6 above. When it comes to downloading things from 3rd party website, iPhone is no where all these Andriod devices. You also made mention of Apple pay, don't forget we also have Samsung pay which is even more faster than Apple pay grin cheesy... All in all, to more and to many people out there, Apple is just an expensive piece of shit used by people who are mostly braggadocio hence why samsung is the fastest selling mobile device in the world.
Re: 10 Reasons Why Iphone Beats Android by menxer: 9:17am On Apr 21, 2018
Wrong comparison.

IPhone is the only phone that runs Apple IOS, Why compare Android that is used by many phone manufacturers to that?

The best comparison would have been, pick a particular Android phone and compare with a particular IPhone.
Re: 10 Reasons Why Iphone Beats Android by DAVE5(m): 9:19am On Apr 21, 2018
Ahmedona:

Based on your second point, I can see you’ve not used an Apple device before. Just start with an iPod Touch. Apple has the best device for multitasking. I dunno about the rest tho.

Bros multiple windows and multitasking are 2 different things ohh...

I love apple device to the moon and back but truth is in the end... both android and iOS have their strengths and weaknesses

Be like me, use the best phones from each camp...

S8 and iPhone 7(but I don sell am now, gonna get iPhone x soon)

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why Iphone Beats Android by Nobody: 9:24am On Apr 21, 2018
AkpaMgbor:

Which free apps on android can you not get for free on AppStore?? Name one I’m waiting...to repair an iPhone 7 screen is about 10k tops..but to repair the screen of an ancient galaxy s3 is around 15k!

Because the screen repairers usually use a worked universal outer screen for most apple phone repairs, not the original. Samsung repairers typically use the original screen. Try getting an original iphone 7 screen, it will probably cost you upwards of 40k. Or try replacing an iphone battery. A samsung galaxy battery is typically about 3-4k (probably less than 2k for the model you mentioned). An iphone 7 battery will probably go for at least 10-12k.
Re: 10 Reasons Why Iphone Beats Android by Hassan080196(m): 9:26am On Apr 21, 2018
AkpaMgbor:

Which free apps on android can you not get for free on AppStore?? Name one I’m waiting...to repair an iPhone 7 screen is about 10k tops..but to repair the screen of an ancient galaxy s3 is around 15k!

You can't get vidmate on apple store
Re: 10 Reasons Why Iphone Beats Android by Nobody: 9:31am On Apr 21, 2018
m003:
apple product are durable? YES. But you forgot something, their processors, screen and panel are made by samsung IN CHINA just turn the back of your Iphone you'll see.
In my opinion apple laptops are superior but but comparing android and IOS is like taking a high end car from a particular brand and comparing it with a cheap car from another brand. Take BMW and Lexux for instance it will be wrong to compare a 5series with a IS250 just as it will be wrong to compare a Lexus LFA to a 3series.
My 2 cents

True, but there are high end android phones like HTC or Samsung.

As for the processors, it is not about who makes them, but about the standards required. Apple sets are made in China but to high quality standards set by apple. It is not everything made in China that is low standard. Anyway, as I said earlier, my firm belief in apple's durability is from direct experience.

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why Iphone Beats Android by Rockstar07: 9:37am On Apr 21, 2018
Singapore1:
i know someone will still create something like this....

1. regarding your first point, that is a fat big lie, i currently have iphone 7 and samsung galaxy A7 , most of the app i have on ios is on samsung
and i can tell you with authority that samsung apps are faster , the apps that are faster are those exclusively made for apple

2. you can't operate multiple windows simultaneously on apple, one app has to stop for another, you can however do that on samsung , this is something i have tested on both phones

most popular apps are better designed on apple though ( whaatsapp telegram etc )

3. apple batteries are weaker compare to samsung

i can counter the rest ..but i get pikin to baby sit for house

Based on Item 2, I’ve IPhone 6 Plus and I can navigate multiple windows just like in Android just by tapping the home button twice concurrently. I hope I’m not using Oluwole IPhone angry
Re: 10 Reasons Why Iphone Beats Android by Singapore1(m): 9:45am On Apr 21, 2018
Rockstar07:

Based on Item 2, I’ve IPhone 6 Plus and I can navigate multiple windows just like in Android just by tapping the home button twice concurrently. I hope I’m not using Oluwole IPhone angry

everytime you visit the already opened tab again, it has to reload again
Re: 10 Reasons Why Iphone Beats Android by AkpaMgbor(m): 9:46am On Apr 21, 2018
Hassan080196:

You can't get vidmate on apple store
Another false information..see the screenshot below..and I can get it for free!

Re: 10 Reasons Why Iphone Beats Android by ameh99: 9:51am On Apr 21, 2018
Ops is really bias...

reasons why I think android is better..

1) IOs can't connect to window pc without third party software.

2) IOs can't share with any other phone other than Iphone.

3) android has more free Apps than ios.

4) Iphone has low battery capacity compare to its rival like Samsung, Nokia.

5) iphone has low memory ram, 2gb of ram whereas it rival are rolling out 4gb and above..
Re: 10 Reasons Why Iphone Beats Android by ollah2: 9:53am On Apr 21, 2018
Farmerforlife:

I still have an iphone 5s that I bought as far back as 2014. It is still working superbly, no issues, no battery problems, nothing, it works like new and I rely on it as my workphone. Meanwhile, I have had to change my 'fancy' android phone 4 times in that time. I also kept my very rugged 2009 macbook unibody laptop that I still use for field work, despite my having bought a newer model. It keeps telling me to service the battery, but I can still easily get about 4-5 hours work out of it on battery, something that few other laptop brands can do after just one year of use. It has nvidia graphics, and an excellent processor, which can be used for coding if necessary. The laptop overall still works perfectly 8 years after purchase, and I have not had cause to repair anything. I only open it when I want to blow out the dust inside.

US made appliances are usually very durable. Look at Ford for example.

Great your iPhone 5s still works same way some people still have old Android phones that still works. My old S3 which was given to a street younger brother still works though he has changed the battery. The fancy Android phones can be any Android phone as you aren't specific enough.

There are loads of people with old window laptops that will works perfectly well. So don't asssociate it with just MacBooks

Yes US made appliances are made durable same way some European and Korean appliances. The appliances in your house give you problems right? Are they made in US? Or the Toyota and Honda in Nigeria are made in US? Aren't they durable? Quit overhyping US products like others aren't good enough or better
Re: 10 Reasons Why Iphone Beats Android by ollah2: 10:07am On Apr 21, 2018
AkpaMgbor:

Samsung uses superior what?? Lol even the most ardent Samsung believer will laugh at this..the iPhone hardware over the years from the 4s to the X has been arguably the top dog when it comes to hardware durability..iPhones are built to last for almost a decade..a case in point is the iPhone 4 which I still see people using till date! Heck I can hardly see anyone using the galaxy s5 nowadays..

Dont kid yourself. So other companies make their phones to last 10 months abi, continue deceiving yourself. Attached is BOM of old flagships between the two companies. You might hardly see S5 around since there are better Samsung phones out there from S6 to S9.

Why would I wanna buh iPhone 6s when it's not different from iPhone 6?
Why would I wanna buy iPhone 8 when it's not different from iPhone 7?

iPhone 6 to iPhone 8 employs same design language.

Re: 10 Reasons Why Iphone Beats Android by AkpaMgbor(m): 10:24am On Apr 21, 2018
ameh99:
Ops is really bias...

reasons why I think android is better..

1) IOs can't connect to window pc without third party software.

2) IOs can't share with any other phone other than Iphone.

3) android has more free Apps than ios.

4) Iphone has low battery capacity compare to its rival like Samsung, Nokia.

5) iphone has low memory ram, 2gb of ram whereas it rival are rolling out 4gb and above..
Lol this one still thinks more ram means better performance grin. And iPhone with 2gb ram will dust most android phones with 3 gb ram and this is a fact..you know why? Superior Software plus hardware integration.
Re: 10 Reasons Why Iphone Beats Android by Teedeechian(m): 10:26am On Apr 21, 2018
AkpaMgbor:

It's simple na, Samsung has been giving us quality hardware since the ancient age, it's called Amoled screen bro. While Apple on the other hand has been giving you IPS LCD screens. Why not ask for the price of replacing an Iphone X screen, it's only then would you know wassup.
Re: 10 Reasons Why Iphone Beats Android by AkpaMgbor(m): 10:29am On Apr 21, 2018
ollah2:

Dont kid yourself. So other companies make their phones to last 10 months abi, continue deceiving yourself. Attached is BOM of old flagships between the two companies. You might hardly see S5 around since there are better Samsung phones out there from S6 to S9.

Why would I wanna buh iPhone 6s when it's not different from iPhone 6?
Why would I wanna buy iPhone 8 when it's not different from iPhone 7?

iPhone 6 to iPhone 8 employs same design language.
You’re IGNORANT of what you’re in arguing about..the 6 and 6s are worlds apart..the 6s has 3D Touch, more ram, increased clock speed, better processor, better camera.
Re: 10 Reasons Why Iphone Beats Android by AkpaMgbor(m): 10:33am On Apr 21, 2018
Teedeechian:

It's simple na, Samsung has been giving us quality hardware since the ancient age, it's called Amoled screen bro. While Apple on the other hand has been giving you IPS LCD screens. Why not ask for the price of replacing an Iphone X screen, it's only then would you know wassup.
You mean a galaxy s3 with an over saturated amoled? The newer Samsung’s have better color rendition these days, something iPhones have been doing even on an lcd screen for years.
Re: 10 Reasons Why Iphone Beats Android by ollah2: 10:34am On Apr 21, 2018
AkpaMgbor:

You’re IGNORANT of what you’re in arguing about..the 6 and 6s are worlds apart..the 6s has 3D Touch, more ram, increased clock speed, better processor, better camera.

Does average consumer know all these? Secondly, an update of a phone will have some changes but does it warrant an upgrade? Sir, you are the most ignorant person here

A consumer can't change from Samsung S5 to S6 edge to S7 edge to S8 plus but he might not to the S9 plus

How different does iPhone 6 to iPhone 8 look?
Re: 10 Reasons Why Iphone Beats Android by AkpaMgbor(m): 10:44am On Apr 21, 2018
ollah2:

Does average consumer know all these? Secondly, an update of a phone will have some changes but does it warrant an upgrade? Sir, you are the most ignorant person here
Always shifting the goalpost..so an average consumer doesn’t know the difference in camera and speed? Admit you were ignorant in your comparison of an iPhone 6 and 6s
Re: 10 Reasons Why Iphone Beats Android by AkpaMgbor(m): 10:50am On Apr 21, 2018
ollah2:

A consumer can't change from Samsung S5 to S6 edge to S7 edge to S8 plus but he might not to the S9 plus

How different does iPhone 6 to iPhone 8 look?
Why are you going on about “looks”? Doesn’t the s6 and s7 look alike? The iPhone 8 has a glass black and different finish around the edges compared to the 6. You shouldn’t be asking these noob questions if you have actually used the afore mentioned iPhones for a while.
Re: 10 Reasons Why Iphone Beats Android by ollah2: 11:04am On Apr 21, 2018
AkpaMgbor:

Always shifting the goalpost..so an average consumer doesn’t know the difference in camera and speed? Admit you were ignorant in your comparison of an iPhone 6 and 6s

No goal post is been shifted here. An average consumer can't tell the difference between iPhone 6 and iPhone 6s. The both take good daylight pictures and most don't know the details about pictures. Both phones will perform day to day tasks equally. Most average consumers use the same apps they are used to.
Re: 10 Reasons Why Iphone Beats Android by AkpaMgbor(m): 11:07am On Apr 21, 2018
ollah2:

No goal post is been shifted here. An average consumer can't tell the difference between iPhone 6 and iPhone 6s. The both take good daylight pictures and most don't know the details about pictures. Both phones will perform day to day tasks equally. Most average consumers use the same apps they are used to.
Oh for fvck sakes! There is a clear difference in the camera quality of an iPhone 6 and 6s..even the blind can tell the difference..
Re: 10 Reasons Why Iphone Beats Android by ollah2: 11:08am On Apr 21, 2018
AkpaMgbor:

Why are you going on about “looks”? Doesn’t the s6 and s7 look alike? The iPhone 8 has a glass black and different finish around the edges compared to the 6. You shouldn’t be asking these noob questions if you have actually used the afore mentioned iPhones for a while.

Why shouldn't the looks be talked about. Whats the first thing you notice when you look at a product? Do you think an average consumer knows chipset, ram, etc. They care about the look and camera. Yes s6 and s7 look alike but you can tell the difference when you hold both phones as S7 is heavier than S6. It's not much of an upgrade hence the reason I didn't mention it but mentioned S6 edge and S7 edge .

iPhone 8 employs a glass finish but place iPhone 6 to iPhone 8 on the table and an average customer wouldn't know the difference until it's picked up. iphone 6 to iPhone 7 doesn't look much different
Re: 10 Reasons Why Iphone Beats Android by henry007(m): 11:09am On Apr 21, 2018
Neoteny:

When you're gonna copy and paste someone else's opinion, at least be half decent and give credits.

https://www.tomsguide.com/us/iphone-is-better-than-android,news-21307.html

What do you expect from #LazyNigerianYouths?

Also this made frontpage meaning MODs don't even care about originality either.

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why Iphone Beats Android by ollah2: 11:09am On Apr 21, 2018
AkpaMgbor:

Oh for fvck sakes! There is a clear difference in the camera quality of an iPhone 6 and 6s..even the blind can tell the difference..

There isn't much difference in the camera quality in daylight. Did you read that part at all? You won't notice difference in low light shots though
Re: 10 Reasons Why Iphone Beats Android by blaizy: 11:11am On Apr 21, 2018
let me park here and wait for mr greenhulk
Re: 10 Reasons Why Iphone Beats Android by AkpaMgbor(m): 11:14am On Apr 21, 2018
ollah2:

Why shouldn't the looks be talked about. Whats the first thing you notice when you look at a product? Do you think an average consumer knows chipset, ram, etc. They care about the look and camera. Yes s6 and s7 look alike but you can tell the difference when you hold both phones as S7 is heavier than S6. It's not much of an upgrade hence the reason I didn't mention it but mentioned S6 edge and S7 edge .

iPhone 8 employs a glass finish but place iPhone 6 to iPhone 8 on the table and an average customer wouldn't know the difference until it's picked up. iphone 6 to iPhone 7 doesn't look much different
Anybody coughing out over 400usd for a phone definitely knows one or two things about the phone he or she is getting..it’s either the person is into cameras or gaming or video editing..What is your yardstick for determining who is an “average consumer “?
Re: 10 Reasons Why Iphone Beats Android by Ovie56(m): 11:29am On Apr 21, 2018
Jeromejnr:
Only the android S9 beats all Iphones..you should try it.

Btw..samsung makes d chip for IPhone.
that was A9 used for some iphone 6s not even all iphone 6s and 6s+ A10 for iPhone 7&7+ was designed by Apple and manufactured by TMSC same with All 11 bionic

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why Iphone Beats Android by ollah2: 11:31am On Apr 21, 2018
AkpaMgbor:

Anybody coughing out over 400usd for a phone definitely knows one or two things about the phone he or she is getting..it’s either the person is into cameras or gaming or video editing..What is your yardstick for determining who is an “average consumer “?

You are wrong here. Very wrong. In our society, people buy these things to look rich amongst their peers and elsewhere. A lady was recently busted for using his boyfriend ATM to buy iPhone 8 plus and iPhone X from Jumia while currently using iPhone 7 plus. Most people spend money on these things to look bigger and feel superior.. They wanna make people know I'm using the latest iPhone not because of the camera or other functionalities. They end up using the same snapchat, Instagram, Facebook, and play candy crush and subway surfers.

Which phone is even priced 400usd?

An average consumer isn't you and I
Re: 10 Reasons Why Iphone Beats Android by Ovie56(m): 11:34am On Apr 21, 2018
Singapore1:
i know someone will still create something like this....

1. regarding your first point, that is a fat big lie, i currently have iphone 7 and samsung galaxy A7 , most of the app i have on ios is on samsung
and i can tell you with authority that samsung apps are faster , the apps that are faster are those exclusively made for apple

2. you can't operate multiple windows simultaneously on apple, one app has to stop for another, you can however do that on samsung , this is something i have tested on both phones ( everytime you visit an already opened tab, it has to reload again )

most popular apps are better designed on apple though ( whaatsapp telegram etc )

3. apple batteries are weaker compare to samsung

i can counter the rest ..but i get pikin to baby sit for house
seriously? A7 faster than 1phone 7... don't make me laugh the only Note 8 and s9,9+ is faster than ipjone 7.. for some bizarre reason which i don't know iphone 7 is even faster than iPhone 8 and 10

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Please Recommend Good Phone For Me With Durable Battery Between 27 To 30K / How To Continue Using Whatsapp On BB and Symbian Even After 2017 Suspension / Weekend Talk: Whats The Worst Phone You’ve Ever Used? Lets Discuss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.