Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,821 members, 7,915,319 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 08:54 PM

Mace Theft: Senators Plot Omo-agege’s Total Shut-out - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mace Theft: Senators Plot Omo-agege’s Total Shut-out (18372 Views)

2019: APC Loses Out In Zamfara, Amosun Shut Out Totally In Ogun, Amaechi Triumph / Imo APC Ward Congress: Rochas Okorocha Releases Statement After He Was Shut Out / Port Harcourt In Total Shut Down- PICTURES (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mace Theft: Senators Plot Omo-agege’s Total Shut-out by Topmaike007(m): 9:21am On Apr 21, 2018
this people are crazy, very crazy,if dey now expel him will it erase the shame?what should be done is that they should call him back to the house,because they are depriving his constituent their right.

omo agege is representing some group of communities if they should expel him,they have expel that senetorial district.

3 Likes

Re: Mace Theft: Senators Plot Omo-agege’s Total Shut-out by GavelSlam: 9:25am On Apr 21, 2018
What they are saying in essence is that all uhrobo people and indeed central Delta senatorial district are inconsequential.

I have never seen this kind of mumu thing in my life.

lipsrsealed
Re: Mace Theft: Senators Plot Omo-agege’s Total Shut-out by bluke(m): 9:30am On Apr 21, 2018
ZarahBuhari:
Really?

Omo-Agege is supposed to be behind bars before now in saner climes.

Anyways, in Shehu Sani's voice - Everything that took place at the halo chambers was scripted

spot on , saraki was always absent whenever there was a problem in the senate

1 Like

Re: Mace Theft: Senators Plot Omo-agege’s Total Shut-out by Stalinbliss(m): 9:45am On Apr 21, 2018
DaudaAbu:

Senate why
For the past 16yrs hw many senators have been suspended frm the chambers?
In the last 3yrs hw many senators had been suspended and why?
Saraki want to run the senate like a personal business forgetting that he is just a first among equals. The way he was elected by kwara people is the way the Agege guy was elected by deltans. Why then do he think he can suspend anyone once your views are in variance with his. Is this hw he is going to run the country is he becomea a president?
It democracy for gawd sakes , allow people air their opinion even if the nays might not have it.

Stop saying as if Saraki woke one morning and suspend Agege of a guy. It was the agreement of the majority if not the whole members of the house.

1 Like

Re: Mace Theft: Senators Plot Omo-agege’s Total Shut-out by Nobody: 9:46am On Apr 21, 2018
Clinton9000:
Someone told me that all these chaos going on in the country; mace theft, Buhari insulting youths is to create anarchy for the military to take over because Northerners know that it's very unlikely for Northerners to rule this country again; no sane southerner will vote for them.
hmmmmnn!.... #SERIOUS FOOD FOR THOUGHT!

i dislike khaki boys, but this shithole sure needs a FACTORY RESET!
Re: Mace Theft: Senators Plot Omo-agege’s Total Shut-out by bekpo(m): 9:47am On Apr 21, 2018
Clinton9000:
Someone told me that all these chaos going on in the country; mace theft, Buhari insulting youths is to create anarchy for the military to take over because Northerners know that it's very unlikely for Northerners to rule this country again; no sane southerner will vote for them.

I will vote again and again for Buhari and I am a southerner and very sane legal practitioner.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mace Theft: Senators Plot Omo-agege’s Total Shut-out by miraclea: 9:49am On Apr 21, 2018

So you mean bubu is planning for military take over don't worry we will set up a panel to discuss that in the next eke market
Re: Mace Theft: Senators Plot Omo-agege’s Total Shut-out by bekpo(m): 9:53am On Apr 21, 2018
DaudaAbu:

Senate why

Saraki want to run the senate like a personal business forgetting that he is just a first among equals. The way he was elected by kwara people is the way the Agege guy was elected by deltans. Why then do he think he can suspend anyone once your views are in variance with his. Is this hw he is going to run the country is he becomea a president?

It democracy for gawd sakes , allow people air their opinion even if the nays might not have it

Saraki will soon meet his water lo.

1 Like

Re: Mace Theft: Senators Plot Omo-agege’s Total Shut-out by bekpo(m): 9:57am On Apr 21, 2018
Topmaike007:
this people are crazy, very crazy,if dey now expel him will it erase the shame?what should be done is that they should call him back to the house,because they are depriving his constituent their right.

omo agege is representing some group of communities if they should expel him,they have expel that senetorial district.

The Nigeria Senate have no such powers to suspend an elected Senator indefinitely. It's only the court of law that have such mandate and or the Senatorial District that elected him recall him.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mace Theft: Senators Plot Omo-agege’s Total Shut-out by goaldynman(m): 10:03am On Apr 21, 2018
BabaO2:
Omo Agege is a hero of our democracy for being bold enough to confront the corrupt and worst senate leadership of all times. He must not be hunted, he must be supported and defended.

See them! BMC supporting Omo Agege's criminal act of using thugs to invade the senate; just because Saraki refused to be a puppet of their god, Buhari!

Don't worry I will be here laughing the day a radical politician will engage boko haram to invade Aso Rock!!

2 Likes

Re: Mace Theft: Senators Plot Omo-agege’s Total Shut-out by Topmaike007(m): 10:06am On Apr 21, 2018
bekpo:

The Nigeria Senate have no such powers to suspend an elected Senator indefinitely. It's only the court of law that have such mandate and or the Senatorial District that elected him recall him.
I wonder why they are plotting such a thing against him..
Re: Mace Theft: Senators Plot Omo-agege’s Total Shut-out by LegitBoy(m): 10:16am On Apr 21, 2018
brainpulse:
I am sorry for those that continuously support Saraki. Saraki's family are always known for excessive use of power to dominate and intimidate others and their rivals. History of how they made Ilorin a family dynasty is still there for all to see.

If he continues like this, he wont last long in politics.
Yes we are happy. ....i will choose the tyranny of Saraki over your dullard president. Since we want to mad in this country, let'sdo it properly.

1 Like

Re: Mace Theft: Senators Plot Omo-agege’s Total Shut-out by vRendoh(m): 10:18am On Apr 21, 2018
lordkush:
saraki weed out all the useless idiots in that senate

let itse sagay cry, yarimo cry, buhariguy aka. sarki cry, seunmsg, cry.

thumbs up to the senate

meanwhile buhari back to daura

What values does Saraki senatorial district add to Nigeria. He is holding a shovel spoon and commanding the sharing when his senatorial district and the state is not contributing a dine to the country Nigeria. Ovie Omo Agege is representing millions of people. His senatorial district contributes and his villages has substantial oil wells.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mace Theft: Senators Plot Omo-agege’s Total Shut-out by hush15: 10:21am On Apr 21, 2018
DaudaAbu:

Senate why

It democracy for gawd sakes , allow people air their opinion even if the nays might not have it

that is the mistake you people make always. its not a saraki thing, it is a house thing. the constitution guarantees the house of senates to manage their house as it deem fit through the own rules and statutes. so if the house resolve that one of them is out of line and should be disciplined and the majority moves to suspend him, there is nothing even the courts can do. it doesnt stop him from being a senator still, he still function in that office but for himself but that also means he cant participate it activities that involves his colleagues. he cant pass motions except through his other senatorial colleagues, he cant vote or engage in house proceedings.

so why make these a saraki thing when the man went out of line. if he had just entered, sat down and watch as things goes, wont it have been better but he led them to the very front where they could grab the mace, then pretends like he knows nothing

1 Like

Re: Mace Theft: Senators Plot Omo-agege’s Total Shut-out by Mires: 10:25am On Apr 21, 2018
CilicMarin:
These brainless senators still think OMO Agege acted Alone grin grin

Any further action by Saraki and his gang, to supress dissenting voices in the Senate will lead to a total change of leadership in the Senate.

The executive has been pushed to the wall. There is a limit one can tolerate injustice, and this time around Saraki has played into their hands.

Omo Agege will continue to sit in the chamber during plenary, while his support base grows within and outside the Senate. No police officer will take order from Saraki to eject him out, rather many members will turn against Saraki and ease him off the seat.

Simple well planned Coup.

My brother, your analysis can't hold water any day. Where's the injustice in suspending an erring Senator? The executive interference in legislative proceedings will forever remain null and void. It is unfortunate that Sen. Ovie Omo-Agege has allowed himself to be used as a scape goat. The Northerners understand the game more than he does.

They know when to retreat and surrender. He thinks the hallowed red chamber is Warri. I can assure you that he won't witness any proceeding in the 8th Assembly again. Have you forgotten the case of the house of rep member who's still at UK?

Why will you say such a thing; Saraki will be ease off his seat as Senate president when Jagaban and President Bubu couldn't do this when some of you were wailing that he won't be on the seat for two weeks. He has spent three years so far and about completing it and if not interested in the presidency, he will hold it for another four years. Bro, please wake up. From your statement, I know you are one of Bubu supporters. The Senate is beyond Bubu and Jagaban. APC is divided to the core. The Senate is doing a good work of check and balances otherwise Bubu would have used Nigerians as tissue paper.

4 Likes

Re: Mace Theft: Senators Plot Omo-agege’s Total Shut-out by kernel507: 10:25am On Apr 21, 2018
CilicMarin:
These brainless senators still think OMO Agege acted Alone grin grin

Any further action by Saraki and his gang, to supress dissenting voices in the Senate will lead to a total change of leadership in the Senate.

The executive has been pushed to the wall. There is a limit one can tolerate injustice, and this time around Saraki has played into their hands.

Omo Agege will continue to sit in the chamber during plenary, while his support base grows within and outside the Senate. No police officer will take order from Saraki to eject him out, rather many members will turn against Saraki and ease him off the seat.

Simple well planned Coup.

Sai Babarian.

1 Like

Re: Mace Theft: Senators Plot Omo-agege’s Total Shut-out by Debazent: 10:35am On Apr 21, 2018
Omo Agege has been trending for some days now, soon there would be change to the leadership of the Senate due to this bruhara. Saraki can not take the Senate as his personal family business as he did to ilorin, he forgot that nothing last forever.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mace Theft: Senators Plot Omo-agege’s Total Shut-out by lx3as(m): 10:41am On Apr 21, 2018
LibertyRep:
It won't take too long before those other Senators that goaded Omo Agege ( that's if he is truly involved) desert him.

Granted that he feels his suspension is illegal and needs to ventilate his displeasure, should he not have approached the court instead of bringing the institution and the nation to ridicule. Heard some Ghanaians were in the chamber during the invasion.

I'm sure the Executive won't also want to be seen as sponsoring or supporting attack on the Senate. Not even at this precarious time when the rating is at the lowest. No thanks to PMB's endless gaffes.

Omo Agege can kiss the 8th senate goodbye.

Maybe you are only conversant with Saraki's Senate that is found of suspending dissenting voice under flimsy excuse. Is it today they've been fighting in assemblies, stealing mace or using it on fellow members' heard.

I just like what Omo-agege did. He was elected the way the Likes Mind group members are elected; and no one should suspend him illegally.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mace Theft: Senators Plot Omo-agege’s Total Shut-out by vertueptime: 11:09am On Apr 21, 2018
Clinton9000:

I de laff u

1 Like

Re: Mace Theft: Senators Plot Omo-agege’s Total Shut-out by K2asure: 11:15am On Apr 21, 2018
What happened at senate house is not a new thing, they don't have right to suspend any senator from not entering the chamber but reduced his power at the chamber only attended sitting but not contributed to any issues until completed his suspension which should be but the leaders of 8th assembly has running like personal office of some leaders, If they want to rearranged the election and is not targeting anybody there own election should be the last on the process. Saraki believe that office is kwara where baba handing over to his son.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mace Theft: Senators Plot Omo-agege’s Total Shut-out by Lufthansa: 11:20am On Apr 21, 2018
Omo-Agege no try self. Them suppose smash that mace on that Saraki's head. If to say him dey coma by now, he go learn how to properly manage gatherings as the senate.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mace Theft: Senators Plot Omo-agege’s Total Shut-out by linearity: 12:09pm On Apr 21, 2018
hush15:

that is the mistake you people make always. its not a saraki thing, it is a house thing. the constitution guarantees the house of senates to manage their house as it deem fit through the own rules and statutes. so if the house resolve that one of them is out of line and should be disciplined and the majority moves to suspend him, there is nothing even the courts can do. it doesnt stop him from being a senator still, he still function in that office but for himself but that also means he cant participate it activities that involves his colleagues. he cant pass motions except through his other senatorial colleagues, he cant vote or engage in house proceedings.

so why make these a saraki thing when the man went out of line. if he had just entered, sat down and watch as things goes, wont it have been better but he led them to the very front where they could grab the mace, then pretends like he knows nothing

The Senate does not have the power suspend another colleague.

A High Court, then an Appeal Court had listen to the arguments about Senate rules, constituents democratic rights to be represented and conclude with an order that clearly states the Senate lacks such power.

Read House of Assembly vs. Hon. Donna. What the Senate did was illegal and an affront on the Court System and rule of law in the Country. If they felt that, the High Court & Appeal Courts were wrong, they should have approached the Supreme Court.

The Courts and not the Senate are the ones vested with the powers to interpret the constitution. The Courts even have power to invalidate a Bill passed by both Houses and signed into law by the President, if challenged and the Court found that the bill is in contradiction to the constitution, talkless of common Senate rules and standing orders.

4 Likes

Re: Mace Theft: Senators Plot Omo-agege’s Total Shut-out by subcbouy: 1:46pm On Apr 21, 2018
Monaco2:
Feeling lazy with buhari n 20 others
bro, don't fold your hands about Buhari's comment, feel doing something. grin grin na old age cause am

1 Like

Re: Mace Theft: Senators Plot Omo-agege’s Total Shut-out by AntiWailer: 1:49pm On Apr 21, 2018
Clinton9000:

See reasoning.

You must be proud of your self grin
Re: Mace Theft: Senators Plot Omo-agege’s Total Shut-out by Nobody: 2:12pm On Apr 21, 2018
Not really surprised at the Senate president's leadership style. He is not used to having opposition because all his life he only gives instructions and never receives instructions. This I believe has affected his psyche, which is that everybody must be subservient to him. I'm not a pro Buhari (although I supported his presidency in 2015. Like you and I already know, he has failed woefully). But I strongly believe that Bukola Saraki as Senate President is not good for our democracy. Let us be reminded that Omo Agege apologised to his colleagues after he made those remarks on the rescheduled election timetable. I don't think that there was any need to suspend him for 90 days. Are we no more in a democracy? As a Nigerian citizen doesn't he have a right to air his opinion on the rescheduled timetable? My submission is that Omo-Agege may have acted out of frustration. Bukola Saraki is a dictator who should be removed as the Senate president asap.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mace Theft: Senators Plot Omo-agege’s Total Shut-out by Sosqui: 6:29pm On Apr 21, 2018
DaudaAbu:

Senate why

Saraki want to run the senate like a personal business forgetting that he is just a first among equals. The way he was elected by kwara people is the way the Agege guy was elected by deltans. Why then do he think he can suspend anyone once your views are in variance with his. Is this hw he is going to run the country if he become a president?

Its democracy for gawd sakes , allow people air their opinion even if the nays might not have it

Modified;
Do he (saraki) expect everybody to hav same reasoning with him esp. If they are not of same party? Do he expect the thinking of some one frm delta to act like someone frm kwara? There are people who are far older than him and yet he preside over them . there constituent believe they are capable that is why they where elected to go there and represent them. Therefore if he is voicing his opinion he is also voicing the opinion of the millions he represent.
I beg to disagree with you. Saraki is the Senate President and he presides over the House. There was a process ongoing in the House and some Senators were not happy (including Omo-Agege) and what did Omo-Agege do? He went to the Press to discredit the House and condemned the Senate Leadership instead of lobbying other members to vote against the process. In my view, the Senate leadership did the right thing by suspending him.
Thank you
Re: Mace Theft: Senators Plot Omo-agege’s Total Shut-out by subcbouy: 9:14pm On Apr 21, 2018
Sosqui:

I beg to disagree with you. Sarki is the Senate President and he presides over the House. There was a process ongoing in the House and some Senators were not happy (including Omo-Agege) and what did Omo-Agege do? He went to the Press to discredit the House and condemned the Senate Leadership instead of lobbying other members to vote against the process. In my view, the Senate leadership did the right thing by suspending him.
Thank you
So, leader of all the senatorial zones can discipline another senatorial zone representative for airing his opinion, right? Why would Nigeria grow?
Re: Mace Theft: Senators Plot Omo-agege’s Total Shut-out by Sosqui: 1:54am On Apr 22, 2018
subcbouy:
So, leader of all the senatorial zones can discipline another senatorial zone representative for airing his opinion, right? Why would Nigeria grow?
Please read what you typed. There are rules in the House and the Senate Leadership must ensure the rules are not compromised by any Senate member.
Don't allow your loyalty to becloud your thinking.
Thank you.
Re: Mace Theft: Senators Plot Omo-agege’s Total Shut-out by MIKOLOWISKA: 12:01am On Apr 23, 2018
LibertyRep:
It won't take too long before those other Senators that goaded Omo Agege ( that's if he is truly involved) desert him.

Granted that he feels his suspension is illegal and needs to ventilate his displeasure, should he not have approached the court instead of bringing the institution and the nation to ridicule. Heard some Ghanaians were in the chamber during the invasion.

I'm sure the Executive won't also want to be seen as sponsoring or supporting attack on the Senate. Not even at this precarious time when the rating is at the lowest. No thanks to PMB's endless gaffes.

Omo Agege can kiss the 8th senate goodbye.
why. Senate did not elect him
Re: Mace Theft: Senators Plot Omo-agege’s Total Shut-out by subcbouy: 11:30am On Apr 23, 2018
Sosqui:

Please read what you typed. There are rules in the House and the Senate Leadership must ensure the rules are not compromised by any Senate member.
Don't allow your loyalty to becloud your thinking.
Thank you.
what rule will warrant senator discipline fellow senator for airing his opinion? What has airing opinions got to do with compromise of senate rules? He should keep mute of his opinion, I dont understand. Don't be clouded by Buhari's faction /statement or party affiliation. Thank you
Re: Mace Theft: Senators Plot Omo-agege’s Total Shut-out by Sosqui: 11:48am On Apr 23, 2018
subcbouy:
what rule will warrant senator discipline fellow senator for airing his opinion? What has airing opinions got to do with compromise of senate rules? He should keep mute of his opinion, I dont understand. Don't be clouded by Buhari's faction /statement or party affiliation. Thank you
It is obvious you lack knowledge of the Senate Rules. Omo-Agege has an option to go to court to challenge his suspension if he feels he has a case.
Do have a great day.
Re: Mace Theft: Senators Plot Omo-agege’s Total Shut-out by subcbouy: 11:56am On Apr 23, 2018
Sosqui:
It is obvious you lack knowledge of the Senate Rules. Omo-Agege has an option to go to court to challenge his suspension if he feels he has a case.
Do have a great day.
Such rule should be quashed, bro. He is representing a section of the country, which senate should respect. The only rule binding both parties is constituition of federal republic. I see no reason for him being punished for whatever he had said.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Things that can only be done in Nigeria / ESe Oruru: Emir Of Kano And Those Distorting The Narrative, By Femi Fani-kayode / Peace Corps Wins N2bn Human Rights Suit Against Police, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.