Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,886 members, 7,879,707 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 04:26 AM

Advice Urgently Needed: Should I Consider This Job If Given The Offer? - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Advice Urgently Needed: Should I Consider This Job If Given The Offer? (19573 Views)

If You Are Unemployed Consider This / Should I Consider This As A Rejection Message / I Am 25 And Want To Start Up My Own Business. Which Businesses Can I Consider? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advice Urgently Needed: Should I Consider This Job If Given The Offer? by stpat1(m): 9:26pm On Apr 22, 2018
Take the new job.
Re: Advice Urgently Needed: Should I Consider This Job If Given The Offer? by ZaRuleOfLaw: 9:40pm On Apr 22, 2018
NotBeenPaid:

I'm currently in Abuja now. Not in Lagos. Don't misinterprete smiley

Boss, sorry to barge in but I need a job too. I'm a graduate based in P/H. A versatile dude
Re: Advice Urgently Needed: Should I Consider This Job If Given The Offer? by NotBeenPaid: 9:56pm On Apr 22, 2018
ZaRuleOfLaw:

Boss, sorry to barge in but I need a job too. I'm a graduate based in P/H. A versatile dude
Job location is Lagos precisely
Re: Advice Urgently Needed: Should I Consider This Job If Given The Offer? by Hollawayn05(m): 10:46pm On Apr 22, 2018
ceeroh:

Lol.. You have no idea how demoralizing some jobs can be

leave am he needs come talk to me let me tell him how job almost make me suicidal I Quit d Weyre job last month
now I can sleep well and currently drawing plan to start my own Farm

1 Like

Re: Advice Urgently Needed: Should I Consider This Job If Given The Offer? by ZaRuleOfLaw: 10:50pm On Apr 22, 2018
NotBeenPaid:
I could relocate if the package is right
Re: Advice Urgently Needed: Should I Consider This Job If Given The Offer? by Nobody: 10:51pm On Apr 22, 2018
Hollawayn05:

leave am he needs come talk to me let me tell him how job almost make me suicidal I Quit d Weyre job last month
now I can sleep well and currently drawing plan to start my own Farm
Hahahahahaha... I dey tell u
Re: Advice Urgently Needed: Should I Consider This Job If Given The Offer? by amylomo(f): 10:53pm On Apr 22, 2018
Enough advice given already... You should go for the new job.
Between I need a job too.. Seeking employment... I studied Educational Management, I can work as an administrator, customer service representative, call center agent and other office jobs. Please help my fellow nairaalanders. Thank you
Re: Advice Urgently Needed: Should I Consider This Job If Given The Offer? by temicliff: 11:27pm On Apr 22, 2018
NotBeenPaid:

well done sir...am based in Lagos (Egbeda area)& needs a lucrative job too ...pls assist too
Re: Advice Urgently Needed: Should I Consider This Job If Given The Offer? by NotBeenPaid: 11:35pm On Apr 22, 2018
temicliff:

well done sir...am based in Lagos (Egbeda area)& needs a lucrative job too ...pls assist too
I've sent you an email
Re: Advice Urgently Needed: Should I Consider This Job If Given The Offer? by clemmonce(m): 11:48pm On Apr 22, 2018
ceeroh:
My fellow nairalanders, I'm in a dilemma at the moment. I presently work in a small company (one man business) with a ridiculously low pay, I can't even afford to save, no defined job description; I run all sorts of errands and yet, I still remain committed. And my boss, he never appreciates whatever you do, uses you as if you're not human, a chronic micromanager. So I wake up every morning feeling depressed and demotivated. But una know na, if I don't work, hunger will wire me and Bubu will call me lazy. grin
So recently, I went for an interview and I think I did well cos I was asked to come back tomorrow. During the course of the interview, the salary was mentioned and it's more than what I earn presently but the office is on the Island while I live on the mainland. So the t.fare will be much, even as high as what I earn at the moment. Which means I'll have little or nothing left with me after all the monthly expenses.
Now, I was asked to come tomorrow... should I go and hear what they wanna say? If the offer remains the same, should I reject or accept? I'm confused.
And I'm so so tired of my present job. No zeal, no motivation, nothing whatsoever.

Please push this to FP, I have less than 24hours to decide.
my dad use to tell me something in situations like this. He says in you are moving to this new job is not your final destination you are still going to move until you find a better place but it is all about being at a good place. As far as the money is not worse than your former place of work after all the expenses... you still have some thing left.. then it is okay for me... staying in one place and looking for a very very good job might not be the case most times.... keeping moving until you find a good place to settle. my candid advice.
Re: Advice Urgently Needed: Should I Consider This Job If Given The Offer? by ndubueze92(m): 11:54pm On Apr 22, 2018
ceeroh:

Lol.. You have no idea how demoralizing some jobs can be
You're saying the truth.
Just like the one I'm doing at the moment, working for a prof. emeritus, he's always full of himself, he knows everything in the world even some of the things you teach him today, tomorrow he will claim he taught you that. He has tried to devalue me, I guess he has noticed I'm stronger than that... so all the lectures about the youths being only stupid has stopped. I'm leaving at the end of the month.
It damages you to do a job that makes you sad.
Re: Advice Urgently Needed: Should I Consider This Job If Given The Offer? by tomdon(m): 6:29am On Apr 23, 2018
Roseey0:
What do you guys call job sef?
Just something that will put food on your table or something you will grow on?
What future does been an errand boy hold for you?
How does it improve your CV?
Look at Job prospects and not how much you are making for now.
I hope it is not errand boy you are being offered in the new place.

Thank you joor
That ist question is pertinent!!!
Re: Advice Urgently Needed: Should I Consider This Job If Given The Offer? by Juicy24(f): 10:02am On Apr 23, 2018
NotBeenPaid:
I've sent you an email
can you please help me too? I am currently in Lagos
Re: Advice Urgently Needed: Should I Consider This Job If Given The Offer? by abinfun: 10:26am On Apr 23, 2018
Get the new job abeg. Clear career path, you will find ways to cut down the t.Fare expenses and mix with forward minded people.
Re: Advice Urgently Needed: Should I Consider This Job If Given The Offer? by Nobody: 10:27am On Apr 23, 2018
StPete:
There’s nothing more terrible than a job that breaks you down emotionally. There’s so much advantage working on the island as against the mainland except of course for distance. But you didn’t tell us if this new job is also one-man business cos truth be told the average one man business in Nigeria is modern day slavery. I would advise that you pick up your new job and continue with them, alternatives may come up along the line that could enable you save. All the best man!

We hear people say become ur own boss and they think it's easy, you become your own boss but can't pay your workers well enough.

1 Like

Re: Advice Urgently Needed: Should I Consider This Job If Given The Offer? by temicliff: 10:30am On Apr 23, 2018
NotBeenPaid:
I've sent you an email
pls resend,didnt get the message.thanks.
Re: Advice Urgently Needed: Should I Consider This Job If Given The Offer? by bastien: 11:40am On Apr 23, 2018
javalady:
Are you an ukwuani person?
yea
Re: Advice Urgently Needed: Should I Consider This Job If Given The Offer? by bastien: 2:31pm On Apr 23, 2018
femliany:

Senior brother of Clifford Orji
lol thanks
Re: Advice Urgently Needed: Should I Consider This Job If Given The Offer? by Rosevic92(f): 4:58pm On Apr 23, 2018
I seriously need a job in Lagos please, just rounded up with NYSC
Re: Advice Urgently Needed: Should I Consider This Job If Given The Offer? by chosenwan1(m): 11:08am On Apr 26, 2018
Tropic Dreams is a marketing agency with a passion for design and branding. Over the years we have worked with other leading brands in order to further develop the business. Our goal is simple, satisfy the client at all cost.

We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:

Job Title: Marketing Executive

Job ID: TDS00001

Description
Do you want to be in the driving seat to sell to global brands?
Are you intrigued by the idea in building long-term business relationships with our customers?
Then working in our Marketing/Sales Department is the right place for you to gain a great experience.

Qualifications
We are looking for:
Recent graduates with B.Sc or HND (Second Class Upper and above only) FEMALE only
Must reside in Lagos
No experience needed, however having some will be an advantage.
Born leaders and are passionate to make things happen
Have an external focus and a real passion for Sales / Marketing
Like to bring creativity & innovation to their work
Have strong analytical thinking and skills
Fluent in English (proficient writing style)

Your Role as an Executive:
Your mission will be to improve turnover and Sales fundamentals by making strategic choices in terms of budget, assortment and promotion.
You will work alongside with the Brand leaders.
You will collaborate with the whole customer team to prepare business plans and external negotiations.
What we Offer
We guarantee you responsibilities from day 1 and to have the ownership of at least one or two big projects.
Your manager will coach you and will ensure you get a dedicated training program.
You get to start work right away!!!

How to Apply
Send an email with your CV to hello@tropicdreams.com.ng
Rosevic92:
I seriously need a job in Lagos please, just rounded up with NYSC
Re: Advice Urgently Needed: Should I Consider This Job If Given The Offer? by Mizjemie25: 7:24pm On Apr 26, 2018
meedx:
please look before you leap. All that glitter aren't gold. Talking from experience. I left my job on the mainland which I thought was not the big deal attracted by an offer on the island with fantastic pay and beautiful work environment(all packaging ). After, I resumed I discovered I had made a huge mistake. Salary was delayed for like 3 months. official closing time was not honoured ( stayed in office till 8 or 9pm).
My job was like running personal errands and no future for career growth was in place as the organization lacked structure.
It was an awful experience, I eventually resigned when I began looking like a shadow of myself and realised I was more.
Other staff left as soon as they came. Just imagine 14 staff quitting within 2 months after recruitment.
My point is don't make any hasty decision and don't be carried away by mouth watery offer..
please do tell the name of the company so w can stay clear

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

As A Hr/recruiter Share Your Candidate Funny Experience / Pwc Graduate Recruitment 2013 / Job Scammers Impersonating FLP Disgraced In Public!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.