Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,033 members, 7,949,505 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 11:47 AM

Okonjo-iweala Reveals Most Stressful Challenge Under Goodluck Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okonjo-iweala Reveals Most Stressful Challenge Under Goodluck Jonathan (699 Views)

Take A Look At Federal Appointments Under Goodluck Jonathan / 2015: "How I Convinced Jonathan To Concede To Buhari" - Okonjo Iweala Reveals / A Review Of "Freedom" Enjoyed Under Goodluck Jonathan. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okonjo-iweala Reveals Most Stressful Challenge Under Goodluck Jonathan by Cryptonaija1: 8:12am On Apr 23, 2018
A former Finance Minister, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala has revealed the most stressful task she encountered while working under former President Goodluck Jonathan.

She made the revelation in her book entitled ‘fighting corruption is dangerous.”

She said the frosty relationship that existed between her and officials of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, NNPC, was her most stressful challenge.

According to her, the hostility was largely because of the lack of transparency in the operations of NNPC and the Ministry of Petroleum Resources – a problem that for long bedevilled the country.

Okonjo-Iweala said that at the heart of this were the discrepancies in revenue numbers.
She wrote, “In 2012, in addition to the serious issues of the oil subsidy fraud, tensions began to rise in FAAC meetings over the lower-than-projected disbursements of oil revenues to the Federation accounts.”

The former Minister stated that investigations by the finance ministry showed an average shortfall of N160 billion per annum, which according to NNPC’s explanations was due to oil theft and pipeline vandalism.

Okonjo-Iweala revealed that her attempts to get accountability for the development put her at crossroads with NNPC officials.

She described “trying to bring transparency and accountability to this sector” as “probably one of the most stressful and dangerous tasks of my job as finance minister!”

https://www.baze360.com.ng/2018/04/okonjo-iweala-reveals-most-stressful.html

Re: Okonjo-iweala Reveals Most Stressful Challenge Under Goodluck Jonathan by Lorechino(m): 8:13am On Apr 23, 2018
angry
Re: Okonjo-iweala Reveals Most Stressful Challenge Under Goodluck Jonathan by sweetgala(m): 8:24am On Apr 23, 2018
Madame okonjo-Iweala failed as the defacto prime minister of the nation, the country was lead to believe she was a super minister to whom others reported; her attempt to release a tell it all book absolving herself of responsibility is sickening.
Re: Okonjo-iweala Reveals Most Stressful Challenge Under Goodluck Jonathan by Baawaa(m): 8:33am On Apr 23, 2018
This was finance minister during Jonathan regime,never again PDP in this nation
Re: Okonjo-iweala Reveals Most Stressful Challenge Under Goodluck Jonathan by OFFICIAL336: 8:52am On Apr 23, 2018
Thank God you rejected APC's advances. You would have met worst. 26 billion dollar can fix all our power problems for good, but the party of saints decided to "keep it safe" for us. Technical Looters!

4 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala Reveals Most Stressful Challenge Under Goodluck Jonathan by dodelight(m): 9:15am On Apr 23, 2018
Baawaa:

Really? You must be living in a fool's paradise to think this is a better government. Just wait till the so-called 'lazy youths' show your failed lords the way out of power next year, then your 'incorruptible' administration will be exposed.
Re: Okonjo-iweala Reveals Most Stressful Challenge Under Goodluck Jonathan by dodelight(m): 9:20am On Apr 23, 2018
Now that's a worthy finance minister, not some wannabe Adeosun

3 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala Reveals Most Stressful Challenge Under Goodluck Jonathan by Baawaa(m): 9:22am On Apr 23, 2018
dodelight:

Really? You must be living in a fool's paradise to think this is a better government. Just wait till the so-called 'lazy youths' show your failed lords the way out of power next year, then your 'incorruptible' administration will be exposed.
Wait and see,I said more than this in 2015,by this time of next year majority of you will be no where to be find
Re: Okonjo-iweala Reveals Most Stressful Challenge Under Goodluck Jonathan by dodelight(m): 9:25am On Apr 23, 2018
Baawaa:

Wait and see,I said more than this in 2015,by this time of next year majority of you will be no where to be find

If you're still seeing the way you saw in 2015, then I'm sorry for you, your sight is misinterpreting images, and that is disastrous!

PS. You know what? I'll follow you, so I can call you out after your shameful defeat in 2019.

3 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala Reveals Most Stressful Challenge Under Goodluck Jonathan by luvinhubby(m): 9:29am On Apr 23, 2018
And today with Buhari as minister of petroluem and chairman of NNPC board, $25 billion waka comot from NNPC through back door.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala Reveals Most Stressful Challenge Under Goodluck Jonathan by mpianya39(m): 9:41am On Apr 23, 2018
sweetgala:
Madame okonjo-Iweala failed as the defacto prime minister of the nation, the country was lead to believe she was a super minister to whom others reported; her attempt to release a tell it all book absolving herself of responsibility is sickening.

Re: Okonjo-iweala Reveals Most Stressful Challenge Under Goodluck Jonathan by Sirjamo: 10:08am On Apr 23, 2018
This one that was fired by obj as finance minister, the ineffectual buffoon had to beg her to come and ruin our economy, deplete our reserves and wrote one useless book to justify her gross incompetence.
Re: Okonjo-iweala Reveals Most Stressful Challenge Under Goodluck Jonathan by Nobody: 10:29am On Apr 23, 2018
Baawaa:
shut up. It's not about party rather it's about individuals.

If i say the North from where you come from is one big hell of lazy, violent and illiterate set up. Will you agree with my perception?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

/ Buhari Meeting With Trump To Last For Hours / Imo Apc Press Release

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.