Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,020 members, 7,919,242 topics. Date: Tuesday, 13 August 2024 at 03:22 AM

Mushin To Unilag's Number 1 - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Mushin To Unilag's Number 1 (1035 Views)

Babalakin Donates Land To Unilag / I Need Direction On How To Get To Unilag From Oshodi / Here It Is!!!....the Best Unisex Hostel In Yaba......very Close To Unilag Gate. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mushin To Unilag's Number 1 by joefazee(m): 11:24pm On Apr 23, 2018
When a man rises from nothing to stardom, this is indeed commendable. Here's the story of Roy Layinde Olatunbosun who grew from the rustic environ of MUSHIN Lagos state to becoming the overall best graduating student of the University of Lagos 2016/2017 academic set.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEBvkMbdxWs

The chemical engineering graduate badged a smashing record of 4:97 Cummulative Grade point average (CGPA) which automatically placed him at the very top and few miles ahead of his counterparts.

"When I gained admission into the University in 2012, I didn't plan on becoming the best graduating student as i thought I was only a local champion "he said in his interview with inside Naija Tv crew. He further added that "the street of MUSHIN is known for its indecency and violence but I only managed to pull through".

Owing to the fact that the young champion lived most of his life on the street of mushin; one of the razz and rugged areas of Lagos state labeled for different atrocious act over the years, Roy Olatunbosun had refused to let the lowly background terminate his ambition of attaining stardom.

"All I had worked and hoped for was to graduate with first class and not best graduating student" Roy said. He also pointed out that he wasn't desperate for grade saying "I was never desperate for grade and I think the more desperate you're for grade, the lesser you achieve" he quoted.

The young scholar also narrated how he had to sacrifice his social life while in pursuit of his outstanding result. He said "I had to skip most of the parties and deprived myself of other social activities".

In the concluding part of his interview with inside Naija Tv crew, he pointed out few distractive social conundrum that tend to discourage young scholars out there; ranging from the unreal flamboyant lifestyle of some of the youths on social media to internet fraud popular known as "yahoo yahoo".

Roy in his opinion also said, Nigerian government doesn't encourage people with academical acumen and the only thing that can change the Nation and empower young scholars is entrepreneurship. The polymath also said, "in five years time, I see myself bagging my PHd degree and engaging fully in entrepreneurship".

For more interesting and inspiring stories of exceptional Nigerians, head on to our YouTube channel "Inside Naija". https:///XE2Sjz

"Telling the next big story"

(1) (Reply)

LASU Post UTME Form 2019/20 Is Out, Visit Us In The School Campus To Apply / 2020/2021 Unilag Postgraduate Master Registration Form Guideline(how To Apply) / FG Feeds Pupils With 594 Cattle, 138,000 Chickens, 6.8m Eggs Weekly – Osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.