Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,994 members, 7,949,371 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 07:59 AM

Switching From Biological Sciences To Physical Sciences In Nigeria - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Switching From Biological Sciences To Physical Sciences In Nigeria (416 Views)

Umahi Hands Over King David University Of Medical Sciences To Catholic Church / NUC Hands Over LAUTECH Ownership To Oyo Govt, Cedes Health Sciences To Osun Govt / Bishop Oyedepo Removes Tuition For Agricultural Sciences In Landmark University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Switching From Biological Sciences To Physical Sciences In Nigeria by Dremkay: 12:48am On Apr 26, 2018
Hello fellow Nairalanders!
I do have a problem in switching from Biological Sciences to Physical Sciences. I have a Bsc (Hons) in Marine Sciences in a university in Nigeria. And I have always wanted to be in physical sciences like Mathematics. The normal thing to do is to go for a PGD in mathematics and then Msc Mathematics but then I have searched thoroughly for schools that offers PGD mathematics but in the requirements they all wanted some physical sciences background. My question now goes thus, is it not possible to change your field of study from Biological Sciences to physical sciences in Nigeria? Cos I have searched didn't get any or I just didn't use the right keywords in the search engines.
And if it's not possible, what do you guys suggest I do. ?
(Sometimes I think of going back to write jamb and put in for mathematics.)
Thanks guys in advance �
Re: Switching From Biological Sciences To Physical Sciences In Nigeria by chrisbaxtian(m): 1:47am On Apr 26, 2018
Dremkay:
Hello fellow Nairalanders!
I do have a problem in switching from Biological Sciences to Physical Sciences. I have a Bsc (Hons) in Marine Sciences in a university in Nigeria. And I have always wanted to be in physical sciences like Mathematics. The normal thing to do is to go for a PGD in mathematics and then Msc Mathematics but then I have searched thoroughly for schools that offers PGD mathematics but in the requirements they all wanted some physical sciences background. My question now goes thus, is it not possible to change your field of study from Biological Sciences to physical sciences in Nigeria? Cos I have searched didn't get any or I just didn't use the right keywords in the search engines.
And if it's not possible, what do you guys suggest I do. ?
(Sometimes I think of going back to write jamb and put in for mathematics.)
Thanks guys in advance �

why do you want to switch? I suggest you go for professional courses, that is if there are any, in the specific field of the physical sciences you are interested in.

An aspect of the physical sciences that has very strong correlation with what is done in biological/biomedical sciences is statistics/data analysis. You can do a direct MSc in medical statistics if that is the aspect of mathematics you are interested in. You can also try medical physics and/or biomedical engineering (you must show great aptitude for maths/physics to be able to scale through the screening for both fields). there are several options you can take advantage of, but you must be willing to adapt quickly. cheers

I am strongly against writing jamb again, I would prefer you forge ahead

5 Likes

Re: Switching From Biological Sciences To Physical Sciences In Nigeria by Dremkay: 11:44pm On Apr 30, 2018
Thanks so much Chris for your detailed reply. I want to change cos I dont like biological course at all. I like to go into mathematics fully. how do I do that without going back to write jamb?

(1) (Reply)

Misconceptions On Making Good Grades / List Of Universities That Accept Second Choice In Jamb-federal, State & Private / Fund Your Project With Google Impact Challenge 2018 Only For Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.