Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,481 members, 7,911,133 topics. Date: Monday, 05 August 2024 at 05:02 AM

There Is Crime In Heaven, Says Ex-igp Okiro - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / There Is Crime In Heaven, Says Ex-igp Okiro (316 Views)

Kanu: Malami Acting Like ‘unlearned’ Fellow, Says Ex-niia DG Akinterinwa / Coalition Of Civil Society Organizations In Nigeria Honours Mike Okiro / 'Even In Heaven You Are Still A Sailor'; Friends Mourn Death Of Soldier. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

There Is Crime In Heaven, Says Ex-igp Okiro by OrientDailyNews: 11:38am On Apr 27, 2018
By Phil Okose Onitsha
Former Inspector General of Police (IGP) and the chairman, Police Service Commission (PSC), Chief Mike Okiro, has claimed that criminal activities takes place everywhere, including in heaven.

Okiro made the declaration during the second day seminar/award presentation, organised by Human Rights Defenders of Nigeria (HRDN), held at the Nigerian Bar Association (NBA) hall (Premier Bar) Onitsha, Anambra state.

“I know there is never anywhere in the world that there is no crime. There is crime in Heaven, you know. There is crime everywhere,” the former police chief said.

He, however, expressed satisfaction with the low crime rate in Anambra state and commended Governor Willie Obiano for his zero-crime tolerance in the state.

“The crime rate in Anambra state is down, reduced to the manageable level. Obiano has done very good, he has installed CCTV cameras in Onitsha,” he said.

“I remember in those days when we were in school, from primary to secondary, to the University, Onitsha was a no-go-area because of the high crime rate. I don’t know if any of you have heard of ‘Boys Oyee’, that was to sanitise Onitsha for the crime rate but now people can keep their wares in Onitsha and come back later to collect them because crime rate in Onitsha has dropped drastically because of the commitment and administration of Governor Obiano. The Commissioner of Police, Garba Umar, is not left out in the fight against criminals, he is doing his best”, Okiro stated.

The PSC boss who was honoured alongside Chief Rommy Ezeonwuka, the Igbo Spiritual Leader (Ogirisi Igbo) and member of All Progressive Grand Alliance (APGA) Board of Trustees (BOT) among others, pledged to work in partnership with HRDN towards assisting the needy.

“The award makes me happy, it makes me look back to my time in police service then. I will discuss with officers and defenders of human rights to know what I can do. It is a very big job trying to give hope to the hopeless. I am so happy with what they are doing defending people. I stand by you any day and at any time to give assistance”, he pledged.

Earlier in his address, the president of HRDN, Dede Uzor A. Uzor, traced the history of HRDN to September 2, 2016 when it was created, adding that it was occasioned by the prevalence of human rights violations and abuses and lack of awareness of human rights in the society.

Uzor who was flanked by the publicity secretary, Charles Ejefonye, commended the PSC boss, Chief Rommy Ezeonwuka, the DPO Fegge Police station and Mr. Garba Rabiu, who was among the resource persons.

lalasticlala mynd44

https://orientdailynews.com.ng/news/crime-heaven-says-igp-okiro/

Re: There Is Crime In Heaven, Says Ex-igp Okiro by youngest85(m): 11:40am On Apr 27, 2018
I concur

(1) (Reply)

University Of Waterloo Scholarships / Bbnaija: I Have No Time For Collins Drama - Miracle (VIDEO) / 10 Universities Gaining Admission Is Really Easy – Choose Them Now!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.