Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,249 members, 7,974,181 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 05:42 PM

‘I Would Have Been Part Of Herdsmen Attacking People’ – Buhari - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / ‘I Would Have Been Part Of Herdsmen Attacking People’ – Buhari (352 Views)

What Are The Things I Would Regret If I Don't Do Before Thirty Years Of Age? / "This Is Video Of Herdsmen Who Killed Catholic Priests In Benue / Hausas Attacking People In Their Homes In Aba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘I Would Have Been Part Of Herdsmen Attacking People’ – Buhari by Aventador: 12:35pm On Apr 27, 2018
President Muhammadu Buhari has said that if not for education, he may have been one of the Fulani herdsmen clashing with farmers across the country.

The President said during his two-day state visit to Bauchi State on Thursday at the Abubakar Tafawa Balewa Stadium, Bauchi, where he inaugurated the 261 Nigerian Air Force Referral Hospital, some roads and five tractors and some farm implements.

Buhari addressed thousands of Bauchi residents in Hausa.

He encouraged them to allow their children to go to school.

He said, “Make every effort to put your children in school, plead with them to be patient and read hard. In this generation, you cannot make it except you are educated.

“Now, look at the farmers /herdsmen’s clashes in the northern part of this country. I have been telling people that if I had not gone to school, I would not have gone into the military and where I come from since my cows are finished; maybe, I would have been involved in this fight.

“But because I went to school, I got a job to do and because of that, desertification is everywhere, there is no bush we will go to and cut down trees and destroy farms and the rainy season is not promising. Because of that, education is the guarantee.

“You should strive hard and be educated , get the education that will benefit you and the society , it is not compulsory that government will give you what to do.”

Re: ‘I Would Have Been Part Of Herdsmen Attacking People’ – Buhari by Aventador: 12:35pm On Apr 27, 2018
Pls help push this to front page.
Re: ‘I Would Have Been Part Of Herdsmen Attacking People’ – Buhari by tolugar: 12:39pm On Apr 27, 2018
This is the only nice thing this old man has said since I know him
Re: ‘I Would Have Been Part Of Herdsmen Attacking People’ – Buhari by RealLordZeus(m): 12:44pm On Apr 27, 2018
I concur
Re: ‘I Would Have Been Part Of Herdsmen Attacking People’ – Buhari by noblealuu: 12:52pm On Apr 27, 2018
And who said some of the herdsmen ain't educated?

Or better put, are their sponsors illiterates?
Re: ‘I Would Have Been Part Of Herdsmen Attacking People’ – Buhari by phantom24: 1:01pm On Apr 27, 2018
The pen is mightier than the sword sir! U don't need to be an herdsman because what the country is facing is all coming from the leaders who claimed to be educated.

(1) (Reply)

Lagos Hails Dangote’s Decision To Employ Lsetf’s Trainees / Please Guys Do Anyone Knows Where I Can Get Cleaner Job Of 20K In Lagos / FG Approves 22 Firms To Takeover Meter Distribution From Discos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.