Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,347 members, 7,932,265 topics. Date: Monday, 26 August 2024 at 11:12 PM

Students Surprise Their Outgoing Male Teacher With His Dream Shoes In US (Video - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Students Surprise Their Outgoing Male Teacher With His Dream Shoes In US (Video (41224 Views)

MOUAU Lecturer In Tears As Her Students Surprise Her On Her Birthday / S'africa Students Welcome Nigeria Teacher With Victory Parade / Picture Of A Teacher With Life Jacket While The Pupils Are Left Unprotected (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Students Surprise Their Outgoing Male Teacher With His Dream Shoes In US (Video by bezimo(m): 1:45pm On Apr 28, 2018
Awsmiley Loved the gesture..Teachers deserve the best for their impact. .see his reaction..see how thoughtful and loved his student are..Just wonderful..
Re: Students Surprise Their Outgoing Male Teacher With His Dream Shoes In US (Video by grandstar(m): 6:21pm On Apr 28, 2018
troublemakea:

nothing to write home about but yet beat by far the best private schools in Nigeria

just keep deceiving yourself okay?

Have you left the shores of this country before?
Re: Students Surprise Their Outgoing Male Teacher With His Dream Shoes In US (Video by grandstar(m): 6:22pm On Apr 28, 2018
OGHENAOGIE:
am sure you have not pass agege to type this rubbish

I was in the United Kingdom in 2014 for holiday.

You haven't left the shores of this country and that's why you write like this. If you have, maybe Ghana
Re: Students Surprise Their Outgoing Male Teacher With His Dream Shoes In US (Video by grandstar(m): 6:35pm On Apr 28, 2018
lestat:

Yes but the point still is by us standards yes alot of public schools are not standard but remember that is by the American standard which is a decades way better than.the best schools.here

Secondly the performance has been dropping due to attitude of the kids generally which can't be blamed on the educational system

It is not the attitudes of the kids but the management.

Many schools here will beat those in America. Because we hear America and Britain, we think that everything there is perfect. It is not.

Politics is a big problem.

Many bad public schools in America still receive funding despite persistent poor results. There is no accounting. The teachers know their jobs are secure and that's all some of them care about. The same thing in Nigeria.

It ism not just the bad attitude of the students that account for the poor results. Many of these same students if they are transferred to charter schools ( public schools given to private schools to run) tend to do better. It is the quality of teaching that matters,

These charter schools know that public funding will dry up if the students fail to perform. So, they work very hard to make sure the students improve. Many public schools are now forced to improve lest they loose all their students to charter schools.

Don't believe the hype. Though on average the education system in US is more developed than ours, many schools here do not carry last. And schools here could match there's if there was more funding and better management.

I know a school operated from an uncompleted building where the students were well thought and impressive and I've seen modern public schools with all facilities where students performed badly.
Re: Students Surprise Their Outgoing Male Teacher With His Dream Shoes In US (Video by Nobody: 6:49pm On Apr 28, 2018
grandstar:

It is not the attitudes of the kids but the management.

Many schools here will beat those in America. Because we hear America and Britain, we think that everything there is perfect. It is not.

Politics is a big problem.

Many bad public schools in America still receive funding despite persistent poor results. There is no accounting. The teachers know their jobs are secure and that's all some of them care about. The same thing in Nigeria.

It ism not just the bad attitude of the students that account for the poor results. Many of these same students if they are transferred to charter schools ( public schools given to private schools to run) tend to do better. It is the quality of teaching that matters,

These charter schools know that public funding will dry up if the students fail to perform. So, they work very hard to make sure the students improve. Many public schools are now forced to improve lest they loose all their students to charter schools.

Don't believe the hype. Though on average the education system in US is more developed than ours, many schools here do not carry last. And schools here could match there's if there was more funding and better management.

I know a school operated from an uncompleted building where the students were well thought and impressive and I've seen modern public schools with all facilities where students performed badly.

For the sake of how.well mannered and cultured you are I will respond

Otherwise when I read the part where you said some.schools here would beat schools in America I would not have bothered responding at all.

My brother let's not be delusional, before you learn to walk you must first crawl ...

Let's not talk like drug addicts arguing whose father owns the planet mars let's be realistic.

You can't compare the worst school in America to the best school here we are miles behind in every ramification

I live in and.visit the states every other month. I haven't and nephews school there in both Junior and senior high ,

Oga please let's talk like sane adults , you have no business comparing American and Nigerian schools, you can't even compare Nigerian schools with Ghanaian school's talkless of Egyptian schools, Ugandan schools, South African schools, Kenyan schools start there first don't be a delusional dreamer

I will not even bother going further , first best schools in west Africa before you venture comparing with those in East Africa, south Africa and central Africa.

Let's talk reasonably , if you keep this up.i will be foreced to assume you are a troll on some sort of high who is just wasting my time
Re: Students Surprise Their Outgoing Male Teacher With His Dream Shoes In US (Video by grandstar(m): 8:40pm On Apr 28, 2018
lestat:

For the sake of how.well mannered and cultured you are I will respond

Otherwise when I read the part where you said some.schools here would beat schools in America I would not have bothered responding at all.

My brother let's not be delusional, before you learn to walk you must first crawl ...

Let's not talk like drug addicts arguing whose father owns the planet mars let's be realistic.

You can't compare the worst school in America to the best school here we are miles behind in every ramification

I live in and.visit the states every other month. I haven't and nephews school there in both Junior and senior high ,

Oga please let's talk like sane adults , you have no business comparing American and Nigerian schools, you can't even compare Nigerian schools with Ghanaian school's talkless of Egyptian schools, Ugandan schools, South African schools, Kenyan schools start there first don't be a delusional dreamer

I will not even bother going further , first best schools in west Africa before you venture comparing with those in East Africa, south Africa and central Africa.

Let's talk reasonably , if you keep this up.i will be foreced to assume you are a troll on some sort of high who is just wasting my time

I will readily agree with you that the vast majority of US schools are better than Nigerian schools but the output from many private schools here are also very high.

I am focusing more on the quality of the students produced here from private schools and they are very good.

I went to a private school and I finished with 5 A's and 2 C's.

Many public schools in America may have better facilities but have far worse results. I am focused here on those in the inner cities.

It is not just the world beating facilities a school has but the quality of teaching that matters the most. The conservative party in U.K has been reforming public education (state schools) and have been getting results.
Re: Students Surprise Their Outgoing Male Teacher With His Dream Shoes In US (Video by Nobody: 8:45pm On Apr 28, 2018
grandstar:

I will readily agree with you that the vast majority of US schools are better than Nigerian schools but the output from many private schools here are also very high.

I am focusing more on the quality of the students produced here from private schools and they are very good.

Many public schools in America may have better facilities but have far worse results. I am focused here on those in the inner cities.

It is not just the world beating facilities a school has but the quality of teaching that matters the most. The conservative party in U.K has been reforming public education (state schools) and have been getting results.

Stop comparing Nigerian schools with those in any developed country we are decades behind this your car and As will not place you on par with a serious student of the same level in a developed country bro

Fight to have schools as good as other African countries first then we can talk.
Do you think education is about As and Bs?

What reaerch can you produce what has your educational system.produced in terms.of research?

What products can you engineer from.scratch ?

I am.done with this conversation, before we can.comtinue you need to.first understand what quality education is in the first place

Nothing from.ere is accepted globally not your Back, not your Msc not your I CAN, not.you even.your MBAs

Dude you sound like those friends I had as a.child you used to say "my daddy owns.airports"

You have obviously never left the shores of Nigeria talkless of schooling there hence your argumen
Re: Students Surprise Their Outgoing Male Teacher With His Dream Shoes In US (Video by Nobody: 8:50pm On Apr 28, 2018
grandstar:

Why do you think all the top construction companies in Nigeria all use expatriate chief architect and engineers

Chadwell, elalan, provast, ITB, Cappa, Berger etc

All the top.oil.comoanies use expatriate chief engineers too.why do you think that is?

Please let's stop.this pointless argument when you leave Nigeria for the first time you will understand

I could go on and on but no need

When you grow up you will understand why we all.travel abroad for.foreign degrees
Re: Students Surprise Their Outgoing Male Teacher With His Dream Shoes In US (Video by grandstar(m): 10:39pm On Apr 28, 2018
lestat:

Why do you think all the top construction companies in Nigeria all use expatriate chief architect and engineers

Chadwell, elalan, provast, ITB, Cappa, Berger etc

All the top.oil.comoanies use expatriate chief engineers too.why do you think that is?

Please let's stop.this pointless argument when you leave Nigeria for the first time you will understand

I could go on and on but no need

When you grow up you will understand why we all.travel abroad for.foreign degrees

First, I was in England in 2014 so if its travelling that's not the issue.

Secondly I'm not a kid. I was in Unilag when Sowore was the student union leader.

Three, we are discussing pre university education. We are not discussing university education here. I know US universities are very good.

We are seeing things differently.

While your eyes are focused on the external structure and facilities I am focused on what I read. I am therefore not easily blown away by impressive edifices and facilities.

The God that made the outside made the inside as well.

I remember one of my inlaws who was once based in New York city. He picked holes in the quality of education there.

I also have a classmate who once contested a seat in Tennessee (I'm no kid) and he too said public education needs some reform.

I have read articles upon articles about US education and would advise you do likewise rather than a fixation with what you see.

Did you know that 17 of the top 20 universities in the world are American? That research is conducted annually by the Chinese and not even the Americans.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Unilorin Likely Post-jamb Questions / 4 Most Used Words By Nigerian Ladies / List Of Universities In Ghana Accredited & Recognized In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.