Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,346 members, 7,978,107 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 07:11 PM

How Do You Tackle A Female Colleague At Work Who's Trying To Control You? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Do You Tackle A Female Colleague At Work Who's Trying To Control You? (17041 Views)

My Female Colleague Stopped Talking To Me Because Of This / I Lost A Colleague To An Explosion At Work In Kogi (Graphic Photos) / How Do I Handle My Female Colleague? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Tackle A Female Colleague At Work Who's Trying To Control You? by prince049(m): 11:53pm On Apr 27, 2018
Handsomecole:
I'm experiencing exactly what you are experiencing.
Going by your moniker..she needs a taste of that....That's basically how they flirt.
Re: How Do You Tackle A Female Colleague At Work Who's Trying To Control You? by jaxxy(m): 12:28am On Apr 28, 2018
mhisbliss:
grinAin't you a piece of work? So when you get attitude from a girl it means she wants to get intimate, how shallow your thoughts are?

Ive worked with many difficult women earlier in my career and the truth is dats a clear possibility. I wud advice him to ask her out and see wat happens. Off course he shud read her body language 1st. She will calm down. Worked well for me. Lol
Re: How Do You Tackle A Female Colleague At Work Who's Trying To Control You? by jaxxy(m): 12:30am On Apr 28, 2018
Troubledmind:
This colleague of mine is not my boss, we're on same level, but since she reports directly to my boss? She's always concocting stories in her favor which is putting me in the line of fire, she has gradually given herself the title mouthpiece of the boss, I'm enjoying the job but she makes sure I'm always frustrated and thinking of quitting because of her, i don't want to report her, who knows, my boss might take her side and I'd be doomed

Guy ask her out even if u don't like her. Shes probably emotionally frustrated. Thank me later. Lol
Re: How Do You Tackle A Female Colleague At Work Who's Trying To Control You? by klinklin: 2:26am On Apr 28, 2018
Take it from me bro, don't snub, don't ignore anyone at work especially a lady. The best option which is recommended, tested and trusted by professionals is to call her aside one day when she is in a happy mood, tell her that it seems there is something you are not doing right which she may have found displeasing, that you urgently need her help to point them out and henceforth guide you. Boom, you have a friend and ally forever. I am saying this because you said you like your job.
Re: How Do You Tackle A Female Colleague At Work Who's Trying To Control You? by Bruemath(m): 2:51am On Apr 28, 2018
Okay
Re: How Do You Tackle A Female Colleague At Work Who's Trying To Control You? by mediclife1987(m): 3:04am On Apr 28, 2018
DHORNE:
I have once been in your shoes bro, if you should report her, you are not doing yourself any good as you don't know how far she has gone with your boss. don't under estimate the power a desperate woman.

what I did to solve mine was that I used to think of her as my wife or girlfriend and that if it was them that acted like this what will I do?...

I started managing her.. showed her love and care but doesn't go beyond work and no stringe attached.. and I was also careful not to expose my personal life to her cod she might hit me through that.

even if she dresses fine or not I commend her beautiful always. even though down inside of me I didnt like her ... but believe that same girl hastened my promotion and transfer to a better branch and that was it.

so just open you eyes and play along with wisdom. even if you don't like her smile with her and commend her. she is a devil and he that will eat with d devil must have a long spoon and an open brain.

thanks

I love your concluding statement: "she is a devil"....affirmatory in an attractive kind of way.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Tackle A Female Colleague At Work Who's Trying To Control You? by mediclife1987(m): 3:13am On Apr 28, 2018
klinklin:
Take it from me bro, don't snub, don't ignore anyone at work especially a lady. The best option which is recommended, tested and trusted by professionals is to call her aside one day when she is in a happy mood, tell her that it seems there is something you are not doing right which she may have found displeasing, that you urgently need her help to point them out and henceforth guide you. Boom, you have a friend and ally forever. I am saying this because you said you like your job.

Men of a truth Politics is defined as mingling and smiling with people who disgust you like faeces to get what they want from them...

It's well....I don learn lesson men...
Re: How Do You Tackle A Female Colleague At Work Who's Trying To Control You? by Oritzy: 4:41am On Apr 28, 2018
Troubledmind:
This colleague of mine is not my boss, we're on same level, but since she reports directly to my boss? She's always concocting stories in her favor which is putting me in the line of fire, she has gradually given herself the title mouthpiece of the boss, I'm enjoying the job but she makes sure I'm always frustrated and thinking of quitting because of her, i don't want to report her, who knows, my boss might take her side and I'd be doomed
I have been in your shoes before, same position and same character, I would advice you to endure and ignore her. Quiting your job should not be an option my brother, as it stands now there are millions of people steadily waiting for that position if yours. Just apply wisdom.
Re: How Do You Tackle A Female Colleague At Work Who's Trying To Control You? by Taich(m): 5:51am On Apr 28, 2018
CorGier:
Stop fighting her perceived superiority over you, it's pointless and you would loose. You need people like her on your side as an ally (like you rightly said she's your Boss's eyes and ears) so get her close, once in a while engage her in small talk, hangout for drinks on off days and stuffs like that - just play it cool and act like you "get". This way you're giving up control but you dictate the relationship dynamics and hey you get to rid yourself of all that bad energy.

It's all just petty office politics - let go of that ego.

Wisdom is all I see. Thumps up.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Tackle A Female Colleague At Work Who's Trying To Control You? by donkaz2(m): 6:21am On Apr 28, 2018
Guy na ehe be ur work abi na the job just enjoy the joy if u know any of her special day buy her quality gift and don't mind her thank you. Sorry I forgot to ask if she is single, if ur reply is yes guy watch closely she might be sending u a strong signal or better still I guess ur attitude and sense of dressing is good as well
Re: How Do You Tackle A Female Colleague At Work Who's Trying To Control You? by Nobody: 7:36am On Apr 28, 2018
CorGier:
Stop fighting her perceived superiority over you, it's pointless and you would loose. You need people like her on your side as an ally (like you rightly said she's your Boss's eyes and ears) so get her close, once in a while engage her in small talk, hangout for drinks on off days and stuffs like that - just play it cool and act like you "get". This way you're giving up control but you dictate the relationship dynamics and hey you get to rid yourself of all that bad energy.

Reminds me how a male colleague used to beef me. We were interviewed same day he had OND, I had B.Engr. I became his supervisor. His beef was that he does all the job @ technician and knows it more than me and I receive higher pay. He will refuse my instructions, be insubordinate, gossip me etc. I queried him once.
Well his head came back home when we were all faced with downsizing, luckily neither of us lost our jobs that day. He came to me that day and was like "this job we are beefing over isn't worth the hatred. I am sorry for how I behaved".
I don't work there anymore but we are friends now atleast on Facebook.
Re: How Do You Tackle A Female Colleague At Work Who's Trying To Control You? by DonroxyII: 8:31am On Apr 28, 2018
CorGier:

Take this advice Op !!
If you still cherish your Job , Just play dumb and do your Job .... shower her with accolades e.g Morning Betty, you looking so good this morning .... hope u had a great sleep .... !!

Girls like that are the best type to befriend, trust me..... she will represent you before your boss and not against you .....

I have been there, it even happened between me and a married elder subordinate woman ..... I played my politics well around her ..... she was a bitch when I joined with the believe that I was too small for my position but if not for B.sc/M.sc ...... I head her unit but she had the boss .....

Na good morning ma, u look lovely ma, how are the kids .... how ur hubby ..... Ma, u look stressed dis morning, ur babe ain't allowed u sleep eiya, ..... I used love kill her , small times , she dey tell me her secret and all office secrets , we are friend now .... she bitch others but my friend and represent me before our boss !

1 Like

Re: How Do You Tackle A Female Colleague At Work Who's Trying To Control You? by Josephamstrong1(m): 8:41am On Apr 28, 2018
CorGier:

That's a home run.
Bless up.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Tackle A Female Colleague At Work Who's Trying To Control You? by Trouble2018: 11:28am On Apr 28, 2018
Troubledmind:

What you need to do is to play your politics very carefully with her. Avoiding her will only lead to more intensified efforts at further frustrating you. Get very close to her and never miss any opportunity to compliment each and every thing she does, from her dress (even if e no make sense) to her shoes to her hair. She only needs that attention but be careful enough to to fvck her, fvcking will only give you false control that might eventually result into something more complicated than what you are currently facing. Don't let her attitude force you into the labour market prematurely cos job no dey at all for street.

If after all these, her ogbanje spirit still does not leave her, visit a sniper store to complete the deliverance. This is the advice the trouble part of me recommend. You can also kidnap and use her for blood money(Na play sha grin)
Re: How Do You Tackle A Female Colleague At Work Who's Trying To Control You? by lilmax(m): 2:24pm On Apr 28, 2018
mhisbliss:
I get the sarcasm undecided
good, you are half way there
Re: How Do You Tackle A Female Colleague At Work Who's Trying To Control You? by Portgas(m): 2:52pm On Apr 28, 2018
Troubledmind:
it's just that there's no avoiding her, she makes sure my life is a living hell on as daily basis, as if I'm a threat to her, and it intensified when i started getting accolades due to my dedication

I can't help with that bro ... ask parents

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria Immigration Service Application Forms On Sale For The 2012/13 Intake / What Certification Course Can A Microbiologist Do? / Do I Need A Degree To Become An HMO Officer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.