Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,282 members, 7,881,051 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 11:32 AM

IBB's Acheivements? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IBB's Acheivements? (4273 Views)

Is This The Acheivements Or Failure? / Jonathan's incredible acheivements - Cramjones / Hon. Pat Obahiagbon - Talking About The House Acheivements 4 The Year 2009 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IBB's Acheivements? by ahmedoo(m): 10:35pm On May 30, 2010
@sagamite 2say our economy grew during obj's last regime culd b tru but i dnt remember our economy being listed amongst worlds best.meanwhile i am willing to knw.
Re: IBB's Acheivements? by ayo84(m): 10:57pm On May 30, 2010
one of ibb come back points, is that bcoz obasanjo ate money,nobody shld blame him for what he chopped during the oil windfall when he was president
Re: IBB's Acheivements? by Nobody: 12:25am On May 31, 2010
@Sagamite,
Mr intellect oligarch, why do you need me to re-read your post to find out where your own post implied that you conceded that OBJ is a thief. Surely you should be able to accomplish that task by urself. 

Even if there was dramatic growth in economy,  this was due to record oil prices and not due to OBJ , but did it benefit the common person?

Did the common man get constant electricity?

Did the common man get increased security (less crime)?

Did the common man see improved infrastructure / better roads?

Did the health service improve?

Did education improve?

OBJ had eight years of record oil prices and nothing to show for it.

Obj is  a thieving useless criminal.

@ Topic,
IBB's final acheivement, was to give OBJ the presidency in 1999.
Thief helping fellow thief.
Re: IBB's Acheivements? by adconline(m): 12:42am On May 31, 2010
yes he built 3rd mainland bridge with IMF and World Bank loans and we paid them back in 1000 folds because he misused all the funds. It's  like a rich man in your village who usurps land, builds a factory and employs you as a gateman.
Re: IBB's Acheivements? by Sagamite(m): 1:37am On May 31, 2010
ahmedoo:

@sagamite 2say our economy grew during obj's last regime culd b tru but i dnt remember our economy being listed amongst worlds best.meanwhile i am willing to knw.

Our economy grew from circa $36Bn to about $165Bn, hence shooting us from economic nonentity IBB and Abacha took us, to Top 40 biggest Economies.

GenBuhari:

@Sagamite,
Mr intellect oligarch, why do you need me to rereade your post to find out where your own postimplied that you conceded that OBJ is a thief. Surely you should be able to accomplish that task by urself. 

Even if there was dramatic growth in economy,  this was due to record oil prices and not due to OBJ , but did it benefit the common person?

Did the common man get constant electricity?

Did the common man get increased security (less crime)?

Did the common man see improved infrastructure / better roads?

Did the health service improve?

Did education improve?

OBJ had eight years of record oil prices and nothing to show for it.

Obj is  a thieving useless criminal.

@ Topic,
IBB's final acheivement, was to give OBJ the presidency in 1999.
Thief helping fellow thief.

Record oil prices?

And the fact that OBJ saved your arse from permanent indenture did not have anything to do with it?

So if the economy fails, it is the fault of OBJ? But if it succeeds it is accidental?

Also, you expect OBJ to be the one to solve all the rot of over 30 years under 8 years?

Wait for him to come and cook your food paa paa.
Re: IBB's Acheivements? by supereagle(m): 5:26am On May 31, 2010
He killed more during his time

http://stopsmokingblueprints..com/
Re: IBB's Acheivements? by Nobody: 8:42am On May 31, 2010
@ sagamite,
You cannot deny we had record oil prices during Obj's tenure.

In 2007 when he left office OBJ had been reponsible for the leading us for 12years of the 30years rot that you refer to.

Obj put us back 50years
useless thief
Re: IBB's Acheivements? by Sagamite(m): 8:52am On May 31, 2010
GenBuhari:

@ sagamite,
You cannot deny we had record oil prices during Obj's tenure.

In 2007 when he left office OBJ had been reponsible for the leading us for 12years of the 30years rot that you refer to.

Obj put us back 50years
useless thief

I am not going to waste my time with you as you appear to use conjectures as fact. My intellect is too high to be engaging with someone that is arguing with figures.

The rot was instilled under IBB and Abacha. OBJ has saved your arse.

Was there no record oil price under IBB? Why did the economy no grow?
Re: IBB's Acheivements? by Nobody: 2:13pm On May 31, 2010
@sagamite,
You do not have to keep telling us about your high intellect. We can judge your intellect ourselve.

Oil prices reached unprecedented highs during Obj's tenure, much higher than during IBB and Abacha regimes. Yet the useless thief could not achieve anything tangible.

Other oil producing nations developed their countries so much in that period. Consider the infrastructural development in Angola in the same period, they have so many skyscrapers springing up, road construction, railways etc being constructed.

Who told you that the economy did not grow during Abacha or IBB era?
It is not difficult to have economies of countries to grow, the important thing is what is done with the extra revenue, it seems nothing tangible was done by Obj, most of the surplus billions were embezzled.

So exactly how exactly did Obj save our arses?

If so, why are u still hiding away in the UK yourself if he has improved Nigeria so much?
Re: IBB's Acheivements? by Sagamite(m): 2:54pm On May 31, 2010
GenBuhari:

@sagamite,
You do not have to keep telling us about your high intellect. We can judge your intellect ourselve.

Oil prices reached unprecedented highs during Obj's tenure, much higher than during IBB and Abacha regimes. Yet the useless thief could not achieve anything tangible.

Other oil producing nations developed their countries so much in that period. Consider the infrastructural development in Angola in the same period, they have so many skyscrapers springing up, road construction, railways etc being constructed.

Who told you that the economy did not grow during Abacha or IBB era?
It is not difficult to have economies of countries to grow, the important thing is what is done with the extra revenue, it seems nothing tangible was done by Obj, most of the surplus billions were embezzled.

So exactly how exactly did Obj save our arses?

If so, why are u still hiding away in the UK yourself if he has improved Nigeria so much?

This is the last time I will waste my time responding to your daft conjectures.

As I said, someone at my intellectual level should not be engaging with someone that just rampant throws accusation about without any backing data or minimum threshold of reasoning.

So until I uproot myself before you realise Nigeria has improved? Palmwine thinking, palmwine arguments. UK must also be very horrible because British people go and work in Hong Kong or China.

I have not seen your data on Angola in comparision with Nigeria. That is how those with a brain argue positions.

Nigeria grew under IBB?  grin grin grin grin

Your conjecture throwing is why your intelligence is not at the level I should be engaging in. Complete waste of my time.

Under IBB, our GDP fell by more than 60% (from $36Bn in 1983 to $15Bn in 1993). That is in absolute terms, in real terms the percentage would be worse!

GDP/capital fell from $491 to $160 in the same period.

Under Abacha:

GDP rose from the poor base in 1993 of $15Bn to a peak of $46Bn in 1996 but fell to $32 by 1998.

GDP/capita rose from the poor base in 1993 of $160 to a peak of $431 in 1996 but fell to $290 by 1998.

Yoyo lunacy.

Under OBJ, the economy SHOT UP and increased year on year, taking us from economic nonetity to Top 40 economy.

GDP $35Bn to $165Bn

GDP/capita $310 to $1153

This is whilst working with retardly corrupt civil servants. But you foolish self expect him to wave a magic wand and solve all Nigeria's problem in 8 years.

I doubt you appreciate the figures at your thinking level. Don't think I would engage you with your beer-parlour economic arguments.
Re: IBB's Acheivements? by seanet02: 3:38pm On May 31, 2010
Who hell started this thread, ibb is a thief, a killer, a drug baron, a coupist, a betrayer, a slowpoke, a coward, an idiot, a senseless person, lacks credibility, a barbaric animal, obj is a thief, an election rigger, a lier, a useless president for eight years, buhari is an islamic radical, a coupist, a coward, so what are you all talking about. Nigeria does not need any of this over recycled and useless politicians cum thiefs alias rogues aka touts. We deserve better than this cheats.
Re: IBB's Acheivements? by seanet02: 3:40pm On May 31, 2010
Who hell started this thread, ibb is a thief, a killer, a drug baron, a coupist, a betrayer, a slowpoke, a coward, an idiot, a senseless person, lacks credibility, a barbaric animal, obj is a thief, an election rigger, a lier, a useless president for eight years, buhari is an islamic radical, a coupist, a coward, so what are you all talking about. Nigeria does not need any of this over recycled and useless politicians cum thiefs alias rogues aka touts. We deserve better than this cheats. So sagamite or what do you call yourself, stop campaigning for people here.
Re: IBB's Acheivements? by seanet02: 3:45pm On May 31, 2010
This sagamite is a rogue and a politicians. Why are you campaigning drug barons, touts and useless people like this three old for nothing useless and corrupt agbayas. The three of them deserve to be hanged.
Re: IBB's Acheivements? by Nobody: 3:52pm On May 31, 2010
@ Sagamite,
Your intellect is so great but you seem unable comprehend  the simple concept that the growth of economy during Obj's tenure was due to the accident of  unprecedented record high oil prices. Which other leader in history enjoyed  oil prices if $150 /barrel ?

With all you intellect, you also seem unable to grasp the basic idea that the growth of the GDP is pointless if most of that growth is embezzled.

I accept that you believe your intellect is beyond me, perhaps as you go to recharge you amazing intellectual brain  you may ponder on why it is, that during Obj's time, life expectancy of Nigerians fell, and the Niara devalued to less than half  the value it was when he took power.

I re-iterate that when Obj left power in 2007,  Obj had ruled for 12years of previous 30years  which is longer than any other leader has been in power, so he had been responsible of the rot of the previous 30years your referred to previously. He even installed Shagari in 1979 who accerated Nigeria's decline.

@topic
IBB succeeded in truncating  Gen. Buhari's tenure as he was in the process of eliminating corruption and holding out for a better deal in negotiations with IMF, and reducing our national debt. I suspect was backed by OBJ together with western sponsors.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sanusi Lamido Is A Liar. Lawmakers / What Do You Understand By Stealing Is Not Corruption? / Breaking News Good News 4 Pdp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.