Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,845 members, 7,909,183 topics. Date: Friday, 02 August 2024 at 07:13 PM

Joseph Yobo Says Only Teamwork Can Stop Messi - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Joseph Yobo Says Only Teamwork Can Stop Messi (5869 Views)

Photos From Joseph Yobo's Big Centenary / Joseph Yobo Poses With His Two Sons / Joseph Yobo Chases Mother-in-law From Home - National Enquirer Magazine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Joseph Yobo Says Only Teamwork Can Stop Messi by Nobody: 11:45am On May 20, 2010
MAKE YOBO HIMSELF PLAY WELL

THAT CALAMITY TALKING
Re: Joseph Yobo Says Only Teamwork Can Stop Messi by ElPipita(m): 11:51am On May 20, 2010
If that team wins one match, I will, I will, I will, cheesy
Re: Joseph Yobo Says Only Teamwork Can Stop Messi by Nobody: 12:08pm On May 20, 2010
what the hell on earth is kanu going to do in S/A, Argentina dropped the likes of almighty J Zanneti, Cambiasso and Brazil dropped Dinho, please they should choose one young guy and leave that energy drought mutherfucker alone, lets pray hard that Argentina's Samuel don't kick his slim ass into the fans region. Yobo is a CARTON
Re: Joseph Yobo Says Only Teamwork Can Stop Messi by otokx(m): 12:11pm On May 20, 2010
Let me tell you guys a secret; MESSI will not be fielded against us and we shall still loose the game.
Re: Joseph Yobo Says Only Teamwork Can Stop Messi by LoveKing(m): 12:13pm On May 20, 2010
yobo \!
Re: Joseph Yobo Says Only Teamwork Can Stop Messi by Nobody: 12:45pm On May 20, 2010
Had a good laugh with all the comments so far. grin

What Yobo is indirectly telling Nigerians is that we should learn to manage our expectations from the team.

Anyway, most guys I know of aren't supporting Nigeria at the world cup tongue. Unpatriotic? I doubt much.
Re: Joseph Yobo Says Only Teamwork Can Stop Messi by Princek12(m): 1:41pm On May 20, 2010
A lot of people who are fearing Argentina have inferiority complex, for all they fear is the name "Argentina," and not the actual threat of the team. The reason is that if you research the Argentine team's recent performances, you will realize that they have not performed very well and, just like Nigeria, struggled to qualify for the World Cup, losing 6-1 to Bolivia, losing 2-1 to Brazil, losing to Paraguay, and losing to a string of other weaker teams. The Argentine team, with the exception of Messi, is not as good as you guys seem, and since soccer is a team sport, one man cannot carry a team all by himself. You need 11 players ready to play before you can be successful, for Messi cannot be a striker as well as a midfielder and defender; he cannot do it all by himself.

My point that is that anything can happen when we face Argentina, and it saddens me to see Nigerians assume that a loss is all but assured. If you travel to the World Cup with the mindset that you will lose to Argentina and not advance past the first round, what is the point of even going. Why not withdraw to give opportunity to another team that has faith that they can beat even the best?
Re: Joseph Yobo Says Only Teamwork Can Stop Messi by roshia: 1:46pm On May 20, 2010
Remember France 98. Enroute dt WC Nig lost 2 friendly matches to Yugoslavia n Holland but went ahead 2 beat Spain cosidered favorites @ dt time. Spain did nt make it 2 d next round cos of dt.
Argentina is beatable wit d power of naija.
Re: Joseph Yobo Says Only Teamwork Can Stop Messi by sonerkind(m): 1:56pm On May 20, 2010
otokx:

Let me tell you guys a secret; MESSI will not be fielded against us and we shall still loose the game.

Only in your dreams will messi not play even if  he is even half-fit'
But o boy,we are really in it for some smacking grin grin grin grin
Re: Joseph Yobo Says Only Teamwork Can Stop Messi by Sonofpeace(m): 2:07pm On May 20, 2010
sonerkind:

Only in your dreams will messi not play even if  he is even half-fit'
But o boy,we are really in it for some smacking grin grin grin grin

roshia:

Remember France 98. Enroute dt WC Nig lost 2 friendly matches to Yugoslavia n Holland but went ahead 2 beat Spain cosidered favorites @ dt time. Spain did nt make it 2 d next round cos of dt.
Argentina is beatable wit d power of naija.
You took the word out from my mouth. We should be meticulous with the words we say concerning our nation. Cant we support our team even for once? Lagerback have selected this people(team) and as our national team coach we should respect his decisions by supporting these players or else they will clashout as we're wishing 'em. THE JUST SHALL LIVE BY FAITH!
Re: Joseph Yobo Says Only Teamwork Can Stop Messi by BizBooks(m): 2:13pm On May 20, 2010
Just like Nigeria, Argentina qualified for the World Cup on the very last day. They almost missed out. If we are playing against FC Barcelona then we might as well throw in the towel now. But we are playing against Argentina which is being coached by Maradona of all people.

I watched Milito and Tevez this season and they were not very impressive. But I highly doubt our defenders can contain Messi. My only advice to them is to remember that Messi usually goes to his left. No matter what direction he dribbles the ball he normally brings it back to is left foot. So deny him access to the left path as much as possible.

We might as well start predicting our group results now:

Argentina will likely win all their 3 matches giving them 9 points
Greece will likely lose all their 3 matches giving them 0 points (that is if they can find the money to go to South Africa with the introduction of austerity measures by their government).

So it all boils down to our match with South Korea. If we can beat them, then we are through to the next round. A draw may be fine but we have to make sure that we don't lose to Argentina by a wide margin.
Re: Joseph Yobo Says Only Teamwork Can Stop Messi by Sonofpeace(m): 2:21pm On May 20, 2010
Nairalanders are we wise or foolish with all these negative thoughts? Success is usually found at the other side of fear, failures, excuses, obstacles. But the question is; should we accept defeat cos of all these? No! As winners never quit and vice versa. As there is no winner nor loser in battle until the battle is fought, let us be positive towards our super eagles as a saying says that what we sow is what we will reap.
Re: Joseph Yobo Says Only Teamwork Can Stop Messi by Nobody: 3:09pm On May 20, 2010
welll here are my predictions

Nigeria finishes 2nd in group and meets SA, beats SA then meets england who she wins in a penalty shoot-out and then meets holland who she beats to get to the final against argentina again

remenber Messi does not play that well when playing for argentina compared to when he is in barca
higuain and tevez are big boys so who would be working for whom?

@bizbook, agreeing with u maradona is not a smart coach, i want to beleive lagerbeer is better than him so this gives us an advantage.
Re: Joseph Yobo Says Only Teamwork Can Stop Messi by PurestBoy(m): 3:12pm On May 20, 2010
OUR SUPER CHICKENS CANNOT STOP MESSI EVEN IF HE's ON BENCH.
Re: Joseph Yobo Says Only Teamwork Can Stop Messi by kobikwelu(m): 3:12pm On May 20, 2010
Just like Nigeria, Argentina qualified for the World Cup on the very last day. They almost missed out. If we are playing against FC Barcelona then we might as well throw in the towel now. But we are playing against Argentina which is being coached by Maradona of all people.

I watched Milito and Tevez this season and they were not very impressive. But I highly doubt our defenders can contain Messi. My only advice to them is to remember that Messi usually goes to his left. No matter what direction he dribbles the ball he normally brings it back to is left foot. So deny him access to the left path as much as possible.

Greece will likely lose all their 3 matches giving them 0 points (that is if they can find the money to go to South Africa with the introduction of austerity measures by their government).

So it all boils down to our match with South Korea. If we can beat them, then we are through to the next round. A draw may be fine but we have to make sure that we don't lose to Argentina by a wide margin.

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

oga bizbooks

referring to the above boldened statement, are u sure u "REALLY" watched any of their matches

how can u say that milito or tevez was not impressive this season??

the same milito that scored against chelsea,barca and roma in the italian cup!!!!!! (ill mail the dvd to your fowarding address).

or is it tevez that single handedly carried man-city (BTW he is their top scorer, won player of the month).

those two are the ones you should fear, because messi would inevitably draw our defenders out and leave space for their LETHAL strikers.

oga pls weight your statements.

and for yobo, he is a clown !!!!! grin grin grin grin
the same one that could not stop a GABONESE striker from driving past him into the box before hanging our hapless eyama angry angry angry angry angry, the same one that saw rooney and because of fear, him pass am the ball.
Re: Joseph Yobo Says Only Teamwork Can Stop Messi by PurestBoy(m): 3:22pm On May 20, 2010
BizBooks:

You must be high on paraga for saying milito and tevez are not impressive. They both score more than all Nigerian in Europe combined.
Re: Joseph Yobo Says Only Teamwork Can Stop Messi by 190: 3:46pm On May 20, 2010
dies from all the comments so far

nairalanders are willy willy funny witches~
Re: Joseph Yobo Says Only Teamwork Can Stop Messi by Sonofpeace(m): 3:53pm On May 20, 2010
190:

dies from all the comments so far

nairalanders are willy willy funny witches~

For sure most of them are witches and wizards trying to bewitch our dear super eagle players but it won't work for them in Jesus Name Amen.
Re: Joseph Yobo Says Only Teamwork Can Stop Messi by ogazi007(m): 3:55pm On May 20, 2010
omo you funny o!i cant stop laughing.
Re: Joseph Yobo Says Only Teamwork Can Stop Messi by PurestBoy(m): 4:00pm On May 20, 2010
ogazi007:

I wish FIFA can allow Egypt to help us play Argies and we can play the other two ourselves OR that the ref should end the match after maybe like 5:0 with 45 more minutes to go.
Re: Joseph Yobo Says Only Teamwork Can Stop Messi by lastpage: 4:02pm On May 20, 2010
I haven't heard any of the "Top Defenders" that would be playing in S/Africa yarning about how to stop Messi or even Rooney (if fit) and to hear it coming from the likes of Yobo or Kanu says something about them:

SPENT FORCES LOOKING FOR SOME RELEVANCE grin grin grin grin wink

How else are they going to "impress" Leather-back (or whatever he is called) than to just 'say-something'?

Anyway, lets just enjoy the joy of "participation".

I am embarrassed by the score line, even before the ball is kicked! cry cry angry
Re: Joseph Yobo Says Only Teamwork Can Stop Messi by Ranoscky(m): 4:06pm On May 20, 2010
pipu wey dey talk bad against nigeria, na dem dey shout the highiest when nigeria score
ever since my small pikin na'em i don know nigerian's way if super eagles want play match.
pipu wey dey talk bad against nigeria dey use style dey remove tention for their body.
Atlanta 96 olympic is an expirience of what i'm talking about, someone that wished nigeria badluck on their outing,
turns out to be someone that payed for the windscreen of a mercedes v.boot.
but the owner was also happy with the victory of nigeria, and asked him to forget about the payment that they'r all celebrating the victory of nigeria. never knowing the guy never wished nigeria to make it out of the group stage.

but all the same sha, nigeria dey Bleep up attymes in terms of football but let me tell u 1 tin . . .
even if nigeria is going to S.A with home base players throughout, i'll never stop supporting them because,
if they win or they loose, i don't mind, i just watch it for the sake of watching football.

DAZ MA OPINION!
Re: Joseph Yobo Says Only Teamwork Can Stop Messi by BizBooks(m): 4:10pm On May 20, 2010
I watched Milito and Tevez this season and they were not very impressive.

The operative phrase in my statement above is "not very". With the purchase of Tevez and Adebayor, Man City was counted as serious contenders. They ended up finishing a distant 5th.

I bet you if Messi was not on the Argentine team, nobody will come here and say "I'm scared of Diego Milito".
Re: Joseph Yobo Says Only Teamwork Can Stop Messi by PurestBoy(m): 4:19pm On May 20, 2010
lastpage:

I haven't heard any of the "Top Defenders" that would be playing in S/Africa yarning about how to stop Messi or even Rooney (if fit) and to hear it coming from the likes of Yobo or Kanu says something about them:

SPENT FORCES LOOKING FOR SOME RELEVANCE grin grin grin grin wink

How else are they going to "impress" Leather-back (or whatever he is called) than to just 'say-something'?

Anyway, lets just enjoy the joy of "participation".

I am embarrassed by the score line, even before the ball is kicked! cry cry angry

Is the scoreline that bad
Re: Joseph Yobo Says Only Teamwork Can Stop Messi by kobikwelu(m): 4:57pm On May 20, 2010

The operative phrase in my statement above is "not very". With the purchase of Tevez and Adebayor, Man City was counted as serious contenders. They ended up finishing a distant 5th.

I bet you if Messi was not on the Argentine team, nobody will come here and say "I'm scared of Diego Milito"

bizbooks

my frien, stop justifying your misplaced statement.

HOW CAN YOU SAY TEVEZ AND MILITO WERE NOT VERY IMPRESSIVE!!!!? angry angry angry angry angry

in the past season, name the top three strikers in the english league?

in the italian league, name the top three strikers in the league!!!

your STATEMENTS ARE/IS/WERE WRONG !!!! ACCEPT IT JOR!!! angry angry angry

if you were referring to the fact that messi is more dangerous than tevez and milito, everybody will agree,

dunt come here and say that milito and tevez were not "very-impressive" angry angry angry angry angry

*****MSCHEWWWW*****.
Re: Joseph Yobo Says Only Teamwork Can Stop Messi by denony(m): 5:10pm On May 20, 2010
whats all this about messi argentina, teve - argentina, aguero - argentina
What about Osaze - Nigeria, Ike Ucke - Nigeria - Martins - Nigeria

LETS SUPPORT OUR DEAR TEAM JORRRRRRRRRR
Re: Joseph Yobo Says Only Teamwork Can Stop Messi by BizBooks(m): 5:21pm On May 20, 2010
Re: Diego Milito.

I watch Inter most Saturdays and when I say "watch", I mean for 90 minutes, not just highlights. So I stand by my statement.

Among other things, Inter is very good because with Maicon, they easily turn defence into attack.
Re: Joseph Yobo Says Only Teamwork Can Stop Messi by Desdo(m): 5:29pm On May 20, 2010
I wonder why we re so pessimistic about Nigeria's chances of doing well in d world cup. I strongly believe that if they play as a team and everyone adhering judiciously to his own role thad they shall soar higher n make Nigerians proud. But they should only focus on d Argentines coz other teams might have deadly agendas
Re: Joseph Yobo Says Only Teamwork Can Stop Messi by hbrednic: 5:36pm On May 20, 2010
Desdo:

I wonder why we re so pessimistic about Nigeria's chances of doing well in d world cup. I strongly believe that if they play as a team and everyone adhering judiciously to his own role thad they shall soar higher n make Nigerians proud. But they should only focus on d Argentines coz other teams might have deadly agendas
its about knowing and saying the truth grin grin grin
Re: Joseph Yobo Says Only Teamwork Can Stop Messi by hbrednic: 5:40pm On May 20, 2010
denony:

whats all this about messi argentina, teve - argentina, aguero - argentina
[b]What about Osaze - Nigeria, Ike Ucke - Nigeria - Martins - Nigeria[/b]LETS SUPPORT OUR DEAR TEAM JORRRRRRRRRR
how many goals did your super nigerian strikers ( combined ) scored this season tongue tongue
Re: Joseph Yobo Says Only Teamwork Can Stop Messi by Parnassuss(m): 6:40pm On May 20, 2010
ogazi007:

LMAO,
otokx:

Tears in my eyes
USarmy:

what the hell on earth is kanu going to do in S/A, Argentina dropped the likes of almighty J Zanneti, Cambiasso and Brazil dropped Dinho, please they should choose one young guy and leave that energy drought mutherfucker alone, lets pray hard that Argentina's Samuel don't kick his slim backside into the fans region.

Holding my stomach

Yobo is a CARTON

I swear the first tactic to stopping Messi is benching Yobo, next we can smuggle in a hooker who'll drug the kid after intimacy  undecided. Hey man it happens.
Re: Joseph Yobo Says Only Teamwork Can Stop Messi by kobikwelu(m): 6:55pm On May 20, 2010
Re: Diego Milito.

I watch Inter most Saturdays and when I say "watch", I mean for 90 minutes, not just highlights. So I stand by my statement.

Among other things, Inter is very good because with Maicon, they easily turn defence into attack.

well u are entitled to ur views, dwell in them. cry cry cry cry

and BTW what happened to the issue of tevez??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

AFCON 2012: Equatorial Guinea Vs Senegal (2 - 1) On January 25th 2012 / Funding Your Winners Golden Bet Account Using Airtime / Samuel Eto's Wife Exposes Her Boobs [see Photo]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.