Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,118 members, 7,973,767 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 05:59 AM

Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife - Culture (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife (164742 Views)

Catriona Laing Visits Ooni Of Ife [photo] / Governor Obiano Visits Ooni Of Ife And Wife, Wishes Them A Successful Marriage / Larry Ekundayo Visits Ooni Of Ife And Kneels Before Him (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (123) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Moneywomen17(m): 2:41pm On May 11, 2018
gregyboy:

Yoeuba dont know the exact date oduduwa arrived take it or leave it ...oduduwa came too meet an uncivilized people rules over it and enacted the Benin rule

Follow d benin history on the last ogiso then u see d date izoduwa arrived....

Beeds in Yoruba were traded fron the north simple if oduduwa came from d east probably he wont might have worn beed also if he came from egypt but if he fell friom sky he would have broke his beed unless he travelled a lesser distance which is benin he wore d beed along his journey to ife....

Note benin had beed before been brought by the portuguese traded by the nupes nd northerners
They cherished the Portuguese own better because it lasted longer and for its colour
but they know the time oramiyan left Benin and it was surely before u met Portuguese. So Benin traded with nupe but nupe didn’t traded with Yoruba that they share many boundaries with my guy stop lying. Oduduwa came from a neighboring town and when he came ife already had some ruler like obalufon so hardly uncivilized. And about falling from the sky am not ready to indulge u but point u to find the definition of myth. It’s falling from the sky is a myth long after his death when he was deify just like sango, Ogun and others were. So stop trying to distract and provide a good source for ur many bullshit or forever shut up.
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Moneywomen17(m): 2:42pm On May 11, 2018
Obalufon:

where did you get your beads from then where is the source of your beads do you know what is coral beads ? from itsekiri or ilaje or aworis? Coral beads are found under the sea and is a tedious task to harvest even tedious than cowries .. we embrace fiber glass beads more and less of coral beads but Benin had it in excess when they had contact with the Portuguese most Benin artifact were made after contact with Portuguese explorers , Portuguese supply the brass .must of their art work are brass but ife and copper alloy and bronze and pure copper ...
why are u telling me this I agree with u. U should be telling the Benin guy.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by gregyboy(m): 2:43pm On May 11, 2018
Moneywomen17:
my guy are u mad u are just spewing rubbish up and down with no direction. So the ekiti refuse to pay homage to Benin then they fought ijesha how did that relate my dumbass friend. Who is this eken what is my concern with him u just provided rubbish information below. Provide source written by anyone about this imiginary war let’s access it and go from there. Provide the Yoruba source that says Benin conquered Ogun that has ijebu that was independent From anybody till British or egba that broke away from oyo and was independent till British. If u know provide any source to back ur claim may amadhioa and ayielala strike u down. I will keep cursing u till u choose to make ur point with reputable source.

I provided source u were to blind to read abi ....someone has read it be there time will pass you

For those who really want to know the ties btw dahomey,benin and oyo read this ...

Its exposes the yoruba myth on dahomey
https://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.oxfordbibliographies.com/view/document/obo-9780199846733/obo-9780199846733-0169.xml&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwiKvq3C4v3aAhUKPVAKHZr3DfcQFjAFegQIBxAB&usg=AOvVaw3E-AcP0HBFDowE021K6YW0
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by gregyboy(m): 2:49pm On May 11, 2018
Moneywomen17:
but they know the time oramiyan left Benin and it was surely before u met Portuguese. So Benin traded with nupe but nupe didn’t traded with Yoruba that they share many boundaries with my guy stop lying. Oduduwa came from a neighboring town and when he came ife already had some ruler like obalufon so hardly uncivilized. And about falling from the sky am not ready to indulge u but point u to find the definition of myth. It’s falling from the sky is a myth long after his death when he was deify just like sango, Ogun and others were. So stop trying to distract and provide a good source for ur many bullshit or forever shut up.

Read my previous comment on nupe and yoruba then requote me again....

You see i was born in this era to seperate myth from fact lies from truth

All Yoruba's are cunny they all are snitches and i want to exposed them
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Moneywomen17(m): 2:51pm On May 11, 2018
gregyboy:

u said nupe traded bead with u before the Portuguese but somehow they did not trade bead with Yoruba that’s what u said that Yoruba did not wear bead till 18c u are the one trying to be cunny

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Moneywomen17(m): 2:56pm On May 11, 2018
gregyboy:

I provided source u were to blind to read abi ....someone has read it be there time will pass you

For those who really want to know the ties btw dahomey,benin and oyo read this ...

Its exposes the yoruba myth on dahomey
https://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.oxfordbibliographies.com/view/document/obo-9780199846733/obo-9780199846733-0169.xml&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwiKvq3C4v3aAhUKPVAKHZr3DfcQFjAFegQIBxAB&usg=AOvVaw3E-AcP0HBFDowE021K6YW0

did u read the source or are u that desperate to find one source. The first two source were just about a Benin story that had no correlation with the point which was that Benin conquered any ekiti town or ijesha. Why the second source just talk about Oyo Empire, Benin empire and some successful raid Dahomey made in some Yoruba town. See this source that show Dahomey was a tributary state to Dahomey.http://www.newworldencyclopedia.org/entry/Oyo_Empire More picture below.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Moneywomen17(m): 2:57pm On May 11, 2018
gregyboy:

so if u can separate myth from fact why is it difficult for u to separate oduduwa myth of falling from the sky from fact of him coming from a neighboring village from ife in oke-Ora.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by gregyboy(m): 2:59pm On May 11, 2018
Moneywomen17:
u said nupe traded bead with u before the Portuguese but somehow they did not trade bead with Yoruba that’s what u said that Yoruba did not wear bead till 18c u are the one trying to be cunny

An i quoted before saying nupe and the northerners traded beeds with the yorubas and edo before the 12c it was a majour market from from the north.....

Youngman if you just take your time go read other peoples history apart from yoruba you could understand yoruba history better i have read from both north south east west history
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Obalufon: 3:02pm On May 11, 2018
ijebu under Benin i go laugh die ooo oyo self try tire ijebus no gree not to talk of Benin kingdom... ijebu fought British pound for pound bloody war both side lost otunba kuku of ijebu was placed on royalty salary by the british till death after they signed paece treaty and surrender to British rule . bloody imagbon war Benin on the underhand had little skirmish with them their city was burnt down without much resistance after raping and looting of their palace the oba was banished abomination of the highest order and his chiefs were hung openly as a deterrent for other big mouthed edo or benis people that act without thinking ,ologbosere oliha and others and their important chiefs .. ...Benin controlling ondo and ekiti is not by war you have to know that ekiti can't attack benin kingdom is like attacking them ile ife stool of oduduwa they will be checked ..omo noba has the right to ask for treaty na him papa land but by muscle ..c'mon

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Moneywomen17(m): 3:05pm On May 11, 2018
gregyboy:

An i quoted before saying nupe and the northerners traded beeds with the yorubas and edo before the 12c it was a majour market from from the north.....

Youngman if you just take your time go read other peoples history apart from yoruba you could understand yoruba history better i have read from both north south east west history
am I wrong but we’re u not the same guy who said this below that we never wore bead till the 12c why are u contradicting urself.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by gregyboy(m): 3:05pm On May 11, 2018
Moneywomen17:
so if u can separate myth from fact why is it difficult for u to separate oduduwa myth of falling from the sky from fact of him coming from a neighboring village from ife in oke-Ora.

Oke ora was just formed recently four account we knew was the egpt guy ,the arab guy,the demon guy and d sudan guy this makes it d fifth who is ever going to believe this recent one others might still come .

If you want me to believe the oke ora story
Post it lets read it ....if it contain fact i swear never to believe on izoduwa from benin
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Moneywomen17(m): 3:06pm On May 11, 2018
Obalufon:
ijebu under Benin i go laugh die ooo oyo self try tire ijebus no gree not to talk of Benin kingdom... ijebu fought British pound for pound bloody war both side lost otunba kuku of ijebu was placed on royalty salary by the british till death after they signed paece treaty and surrender to British rule . bloody imagbon war Benin on the underhand had little skirmish with them their city was burnt down without much resistance after raping and looting of their palace the oba was banished abomination of the highest order and his chiefs were hung openly as a deterrent for other big mouthed edo or benis people that act without thinking ,ologbosere oliha and others and their important chiefs .. ...Benin controlling ondo and ekiti is not by war you have to know that ekiti can't attack benin kingdom is like attacking them ile ife stool of oduduwa they will be checked ..omo noba has the right to ask for treaty na him papa land but by muscle ..c'mon
the Benin guy is just saying anything at this point. No Africa tribe ever conquered ijebu not even oyo. Big disrespect to ijebu

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Moneywomen17(m): 3:11pm On May 11, 2018
gregyboy:

Oke ora was just formed recently four account we knew was the egpt guy ,the arab guy,the demon guy and d sudan guy this makes it d fifth who is ever going to believe this recent one others might still come .

Post it lets read it ....if it contain fact i swear never to believe on izoduwa from benin
the Egypt, Sudan and the Arab was recent by Yoruba Muslim and it’s just speculation just like Igbo day they come from Israel so that’s out. There is no demon one. Oduduwa coming from the sky is deep in ifa religion and have existed for land as he has been deify. Just like u won’t say sango or Ogun been refer to as god war as recent or ur Ogiso being ruler of the sky as recent. Now about oke-Ora ife history says that’s where he came from

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Moneywomen17(m): 3:14pm On May 11, 2018
gregyboy:

the Egypt, Sudan and the Arab was recent by Yoruba Muslim and it’s just speculation just like Igbo day they come from Israel so that’s out. There is no demon one. Oduduwa coming from the sky is deep in ifa religion and have existed for land as he has been deify. Just like u won’t say sango or Ogun been refer to as god war as recent or ur Ogiso being ruler of the sky as recent. Now about oke-Ora ife history says that’s where he came from that’s why a new king is still crown till today there in oke-ora

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by gregyboy(m): 3:15pm On May 11, 2018
Moneywomen17:
did u read the source or are u that desperate to find one source. The first two source were just about a Benin story that had no correlation with the point which was that Benin conquered any ekiti town or ijesha. Why the second source just talk about Oyo Empire, Benin empire and some successful raid Dahomey made in some Yoruba town. See this source that show Dahomey was a tributary state to Dahomey.http://www.newworldencyclopedia.org/entry/Oyo_Empire More picture below.

Lies.....a site written by the same yorubas how do verify if its the truth....it was written by the yorubas

I gave you a link wriiten from an unkown source about the three kingdom oyo,Benin, dahomey
Which clearly state that the Dahomey female warrior invaded the oyo empire for slaves around 17c to 18c

Now if be it dahomey was under oyo empire that wouldnt have happened
Thesame dahomey h claim was under your pop has a little of edo pop ..came as well in d 1990 to revered the old empire in honour to adopt its name for it country
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Obalufon: 3:20pm On May 11, 2018
- History Of Ekiti & its Roles In Kirji War.
-Carefully Compiled by: Raymond Ajeigbe ;

According to oral and contemporary written sources of Yoruba history, the Ekitis are among the earliest settlers of Yorubaland and they migrated from Ile- Ife. When Oduduwa arrived Ile-Ife, He met some elders there who are already settlers. Elders like Obatala, Agbonniregun Baba Ifa, Obalejugbe, Orelure etc. Obatala represents knowledge and purity, qualities that come with age and experience. Agbonniregun is praised as Akere-finu sogbon (the small man with a mind full of wisdom). It was known that descendants of Agbonniregun Baba Ifa such as Alara and Ajero were among those that settled in Ekiti, this led to the saying ‘Ado ni ile Ifa’ (Ado is the home of Ifa). After the collapse of old Oyo empire, a formidable town of Ibadan in terms of millitary with large economic size became a power to reckon with in the Yoruba land. Ibadan expanded their military tentacle around Yorubaland including all the Ekiti towns and Ilesha.

At a stage, the Ekitis/Ijesha could not bear the molestations from the Ajele (District Overseer) from Ibadan. Ekiti launched a togetherness campaign (Ekiti parapo) and seek alliance from Ogedengbe Agbogun gboro of Ilesha. This alliance is very importance because, no single town can confront Ibadan due to their large land, military size, economic buoyancy with overwhelming population.

Ogedengbe first turned down the offer because he also received a kind of military training in Ibadan and not ready to fight with them. Meanwhile, there was a period when Ogedengbe expanded his territory to Edo/Benin territory. He had already captured the whole of Owan /Ora area in Edo/Benin. Oba Ovonramwen sent a parcel of red sand, stony sand and gunpowder to Ogedengbe as ‘’aroko’’. "Look at this red sand, If the land on which you are standing is red, you are in Edo/Benin territory. Also, Gun powder means war, sand means leave the Edo/Benin lands and return to your stony land of Ilesha and fight the Ibadans. We will not attack you if you heed advice and we shall support your fight with Ibadan’’. Ogedengbe co-operated and considered alliance with the Ekitis. In 1870s, the Ekitis formed an alliance which they termed as Ekiti Parapo (Ekiti Confederation) to challenge Ibadan. Ekiti Parapo was headed by Prince Fabunmi Oke Imesi and Ogedengbe was appointed as the “Seriki Meyaki”, the Generalissimo of Ijesa/Ekiti Confederates Army. Ogedengbe declared war against Ibadan in 1877. Meanwhile, Ibadan had already had a trade problem with Egba and Ijebu in 1877, Ibadan traders coming with firearms from Porto Novo were attacked by the Egbas. Ekiti/Ijesha also seek for Egba/Ijebu alliance. In 1878, the revolt against Ibadan rule started with the massacre of Ibadan officials in Ijesa, Igbomina and Ekiti.

Egba, Ijebu and Ilorin threw their support and 1882, Ife also joined the alliance. This led to ‘’Kiriji’’ war of the rest of the Yoruba towns against Ibadan. Ibadan found itself fighting from five angles. In the east it faced the Ekiti-Parapo. In the south it faced the Egbas and Ijebus. Supplies of ammunitions are also coming from Edo/Benin to Ekiti/Ijesha army and Ekiti received some sorts of help from Ekiti Saro merchants in Lagos as well. As at that time, Lagos was already under British protectorate. Ekiti managed to get some more sophisticated guns, in which when loaded and fired, it reverberate echo in-between hills and sound as KII-RII-JII !..KII-RII- JII !...this unusual sound of gunshots gave the war its name ‘’Kiriji war’’. This war lasted for 16 years within 1877 - 1893. Ibadan was rounded up, food supply was cut-off from other parts of Yoruba land and shellings were coming from five angles but Ibadan stood up to the task and fight on. Efforts from Lagos, Alaafin of Oyo and Ooni of Ife failed, until British people thought French people might seize this opportunity to hijack the area as colony, then, they waved into the matter, declared a seize- fire and signing of “Peace Treaty” between the twenty-four Yoruba Obas for the cessation of war in Yorubaland. This peace treaty brought other Yoruba towns under British colony until 1960. Both sides suffered heavy casualties but some historians claim that Ibadan experienced famine and suffered more casualties while other historians claim it otherwise.

Though, after Kiriji war, statistics showed that Ibadan maintained the third most populated city in the whole of Africa after Cairo and Johannesburg with buoyant economic. Meanwhile, Historians keep asking some questions that: how strong Ibadan army and economy could be, as at that time, to withstand such multi-attacks over 16 years with the ability to feed their army and protect large number of children and women&quot

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Moneywomen17(m): 3:29pm On May 11, 2018
gregyboy:

Lies.....a site written by the same yorubas how do verify if its the truth....it was written by the yorubas

I gave you a link wriiten from an unkown source about the three kingdom oyo,Benin, dahomey
Which clearly state that the Dahomey female warrior invaded the oyo empire for slaves around 17c to 18c

Thesame dahomey h claim was under your pop has a little of edo pop ..came as well in d 1990 to revered the old empire in honour to adopt its name for it country
the source u gave me was written by Yoruba Babatunde Lawal so it’s also a Yoruba source. In the source it never said that Dahomey women invaded Oyo Empire am not blind it says Dahomey warrior not the Amazon invaded some Yoruba states which is true. Autonomous state like Ketu who resisted oyo reign were indeed raided by Dahomey. And my guy tone down on the lie it won’t help u here.

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Obalufon: 3:33pm On May 11, 2018
Moneywomen17:
nupe learn alot from US IFE -IFE IS KNOWN FOR WORKING ON GLASS BEADS
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Moneywomen17(m): 3:35pm On May 11, 2018
@gregyboy if a Yoruba source doesn’t go here what of a source written by Ghanaian about the power of Oyo Empire and how they defeated them in the battle of atakpame. https://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/NewsArchive/Asante-History-Akyem-Abuakwa-And-Dagomba-Wars-271133 Is the Ghana source written by Yoruba too am looking for the lie u will use to discredit this

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Moneywomen17(m): 3:37pm On May 11, 2018
Obalufon:
nupe learn alot from US IFE -IFE IS KNOWN FOR WORKING ON GLASS BEADS
my guy tell that to the Benin guy I know this he is the one trying to be dishonest here.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by BabaRamota1980: 3:39pm On May 11, 2018
Olu317:
They have no answer ooo. They claimed Ekaherladan or whatever name he was called but not Odua, which is a bloody lie,who could not fight for his father's right and died in Ughotan. And the same Bini hierarchy were the same that said Oranmiyan was the first to had rode on house....Bunch of liars. ;DThey have no answer ooo. They claimed Ekaherladan or whatever name he was called but not Odua,which is a bloody lie, who could not fight for his father's right and died in Ughotan. And the same Bini hierarchy were the same that said Oranmiyan was the first to had rode on house....Bunch of liars.

Dont worry my brother.

Ekaladheran descendqnts we Yprubas need you to answer this question.

What did your hero do that led to him abandoning town? Why does an heir to igodomiogogdo throne abandon his own crown and go into forest, what was his problem?

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by gregyboy(m): 3:42pm On May 11, 2018
Moneywomen17:
@gregyboy if a Yoruba source doesn’t go here what of a source written by Ghanaian about the power of Oyo Empire and how they defeated them in the battle of atakpame. https://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/NewsArchive/Asante-History-Akyem-Abuakwa-And-Dagomba-Wars-271133 Is the Ghana source written by Yoruba too am looking for the lie u will use to discredit this

The ghanas sought aid from oyo meaning what na your kingdom was superior than thiers or you conquered them foolish reference

Reas this .......

An article on edo influenced oyo ,akure,ekiti
https://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.edo-nation.net/edoakure.htm&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwi-9-rW8P3aAhWF2qQKHecdC-EQFjADegQIBhAB&usg=AOvVaw2yIa3HvMHgUCmWK9wNDQXZ
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by BabaRamota1980: 3:43pm On May 11, 2018
gregyboy:

Everything online about ekaladheran is written by Edo. We are unable to find independent and credible attributes of ekaladheran in connevtion witj Yoruba.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by gregyboy(m): 3:49pm On May 11, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

Everything online about ekaladheran is written by Edo. We are unable to find independent and credible attributes of ekaladheran in connevtion witj Yoruba.

Because its fact thats why the yoruba will never read nor write from it....who believes a sky diver or a treaker or a white arab man
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Moneywomen17(m): 3:54pm On May 11, 2018
gregyboy:

The ghanas sought aid from oyo meaning what na your kingdom was superior than thiers or you conquered them foolish reference

Reas this .......

An article on edo influenced oyo ,akure,ekiti
https://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.edo-nation.net/edoakure.htm&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwi-9-rW8P3aAhWF2qQKHecdC-EQFjADegQIBhAB&usg=AOvVaw2yIa3HvMHgUCmWK9wNDQXZ
go with ur own logic an article written by edo how do we verify it’s true. Edo i mean if we will start believing edo let’s believe Egharevba and let also believe all the Yoruba source too. They requested help from oyo to conquer the Ashanti and if u read more about the atakpame u will know that oyo use some warrior from their tributary state like Dahomey to fight the war.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Moneywomen17(m): 3:57pm On May 11, 2018
gregyboy:

Because its fact thats why the yoruba will never read nor write from it....who believes a sky diver or a treaker or a white arab man
and who believe a fake elkhadaren or an Ogiso sky diver who ruled from the sky. Provide me a source where Yoruba write about oduduwa coming from the sky that did not include according to yoruba mythology so as to tell u fools it’s a fucking myth.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Olu317(m): 4:02pm On May 11, 2018
Obalufon:
ilorin was not even Fulani war it was Yoruba Muslim fighting Yoruba Yoruba themselves made alimi chief imam of florin.... it was 19 century 1845
Around 1822,clapperton came to Oyo Ile to meet Alaafin. And between 1823–1824, Afonja invaded Oyo Ile with his mercenaries and got killed around 1825. This had nothing to do with Islam at first but later turned to Islam against Yoruba beliefs. And eventually, Abdul Khadri,who was Alimi son, became teacher in Ilorin and tried to use Yoruba language to persuade people of Ilorin as being same people because his mother who was a Yoruba woman. But Abdul Khadri Jihad could not subdued Yoruba Land, because all the Yorubas during that era realized, the war was against their history, faith and kingdom. They fought with all their strength and God gave them victory.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Moneywomen17(m): 4:07pm On May 11, 2018
Olu317:
Around 1822,clapperton came to Oyo Ile to meet Alaafin. And between 1823–1824, Afonja invaded Oyo Ile with his mercenaries and got killed around 1825. This had nothing to do with Islam at first but later turned to Islam against Yoruba beliefs. And eventually, Abdul Khadri,who was Alimi son, became teacher in Ilorin and tried to use Yoruba language to persuade people of Ilorin as being same people because his mother who was a Yoruba woman. But Abdul Khadri Jihad could not subdued Yoruba Land, because all the Yorubas during that era realized, the war was against their history, faith and kingdom. They fought with all their strength and God gave them victory.
when we say Oyo Empire extend as far adventure Ghana and oyo defeated the Ashanti they say we are lying. A Ghana source not written by Yoruba shows that it was the power of Oyo Empire that defeated their Ashanti kingdom. Soon they will say it’s yoruba that wrote it https://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/NewsArchive/Asante-History-Akyem-Abuakwa-And-Dagomba-Wars-271133

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Olu317(m): 4:08pm On May 11, 2018
Moneywomen17:
when we say Oyo Empire extend as far adventure Ghana and oyo defeated the Ashanti they say we are lying. A Ghana source not written by Yoruba shows that it was the power of Oyo Empire that defeated their Ashanti kingdom. Soon they will say it’s yoruba that wrote it https://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/NewsArchive/Asante-History-Akyem-Abuakwa-And-Dagomba-Wars-271133
You are correct .
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Olu317(m): 4:11pm On May 11, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

Dont worry my brother.

Ekaladheran descendqnts we Yprubas need you to answer this question.

What did your hero do that led to him abandoning town? Why does an heir to igodomiogogdo throne abandon his own crown and go into forest, what was his problem?

I wonder oooo my dear bro. Silly liars are these Ekerlehadan story tellers.
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Moneywomen17(m): 4:16pm On May 11, 2018
Olu317:
You are correct .
my bro I tire for them they just want to downplay the influence of oyo but they can’t downplay was bigger than them. The European have also documented the history so it can never be downplayed

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Moneywomen17(m): 4:26pm On May 11, 2018
Olu317:
I wonder oooo my dear bro. Silly liars are these Ekerlehadan story tellers.
no mind them. Ife where oduduwa rule and died said he came from a neighboring town oke-Ora and till today he is still crown in oke-Ora but Benin people says he is from their side my question is how did he communicate with the locals and why wasn’t he documented as speaking a foreign language. At least oramiyan was documented as speaking a different language in Benin. Ife says he is a stranger to ife not a stranger to other Yoruba town but Benin revisionist said Yoruba said he is a stranger to Yoruba. If he is truly from Benin it will be documented in ife history coz Yoruba have no reason to lie just like they did not lie about sango mother being from nupe or the earlier king of eko being from Benin. Just like the ogoga of ikere who trace his lineage to Benin ife too will have never denied oduduwa too if he was from Benin so its benin who are lying here.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (123) (Reply)

Meet The 10 Most Powerful Kings In Nigeria. / Some Animal And Birds Names In Yoruba. / Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.