Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,665 members, 7,889,168 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 01:50 AM

Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon's New Grammar: - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon's New Grammar: (21090 Views)

Patrick Obahiagbon Speaks About Buhari's Alleged "Sluggishness" / Patrick Obahiagbon Praises Zahra Buhari On Twitter / What Patrick Obahiagbon(mr Grammar) Said After Losing His Primary Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon's New Grammar: by snowdrops(m): 5:14pm On May 22, 2010
Irunmole:

I've heard and seen some of the pointless, useless so called grammar that he spews in the House of Rep on AIT, NTA and other media outlet, cannot but marvel at the utter tosh and garbage that comes out of his mouth. He may be knowledgeable but tries to hide some of his failings as a communicator with his use of over-blown, self-indulgent and unnecessary grammar that are peculiar to him and his mini circle of circus clowns. Simple, clean, plain English as spoken by the likes of Mamora, Gbajabiamila and others clearly endear me to them and make me want to listen when they speak, not this egotistic buffoon.

How are the market women from his Edo state constituency expected to make any sense from the dross that comes out of his mouth week-in week-out, at the House of Rep?

Time was when it was in vogue, in the medico-legal professions and in ancient times, when you tried to use exotic and esoteric words and language to create an air of superiority around yourself, not anymore. I just hate the sight of him when he goes into such silly mode with everyone laughing at, and not with him.

Hate as much as you like, i repeat it does not change the fact that he is the least of the problems amonsgt the Abuja honourables. Direct all you venom to the looters, the biro thieves, the silent destroyers in the assembly.

This guy is a passionate person. You cant deny that. His mode of communication is immaterial in this context. Last i checked his constituency are not complaining. They have elected him FOUR times to represent them at various levels of governance.

And mind you dont insult the people of Edo state by insinuating market women are a reflection of the ordinary person.
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon's New Grammar: by Irunmole(m): 10:59pm On May 22, 2010
@snowdrops

snowdrops:

Hate as much as you like, i repeat it does not change the fact that he is the least of the problems amongst the Abuja honourables. Direct all you venom to the looters, the Biro thieves, the silent destroyers in the assembly.

This guy is a passionate person. You cant deny that. His mode of communication is immaterial in this context. Last i checked his constituency are not complaining. They have elected him FOUR times to represent them at various levels of governance.

And mind you dont insult the people of Edo state by insinuating market women are a reflection of the ordinary person.

How many market women at Uselu market, Benin, Edo state understand the rubbish that he churns out in the name of grammar. He is egotistic and attention-seeking.

1. Hate him, I do not. And as you rightly pointed, he is part and parcel of "the biro thieves, the silent destroyers in the assembly."

2. Passionate, no doubt. His mode of communication in this and past contexts rankle.

3. His constituents are not complaining and have elected him because of the peculiarities of poverty, and relative low level of education among the populace in Nigeria in relation to politics and representation in governance.

4. He may have been elected four times. Under what circumstances? In the unclean and fraudlent electoral system in Nigeria?

5. At no point in my response did I insult the people of Edo State.

6. How many market women at Uselu market, Benin, in Edo state of which my grand-mother is one understand, or are able to unravel the mega-rubbish he spews in the name of grammar when he speaks. The market woman in Edo State is just a sociological sample of the population used mainly for statistical purposes, it has no derogatory connotation whatsoever. PS, see above reference to my grand mother.

6. Who needs "big grammar" when you speak these days, especially, in such a public place as the National Assembly? Simplicity is the key thing these days.

Irunmole.
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon's New Grammar: by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 8:53am On May 27, 2010
haba, why una dey laff the honorable man of diction. if only you can accept that language is context-sensitive you will not laff anyhow.
Don't tell me u don't know what kparapo means. grin
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon's New Grammar: by Ganjaseed: 10:17am On May 27, 2010
This guy did not say kparakpoism. it is PARAPOISM he is not the first to use the word perharps some of you guys are hearing it for the first time. But the guy is incommunicado anyway.
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon's New Grammar: by phanthom(m): 10:45am On May 27, 2010
that word is not new
Check for your self.

http://www.ngex.com/news/public/article.php?ArticleID=1043
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon's New Grammar: by Jarrah(m): 12:12pm On May 27, 2010
This Hon Member is a disgrace to the House and an embarrassment to the good people of Edo state, though they are known for their comedy talent but sending Patrick to the House is a colossal mistake.
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon's New Grammar: by Sauron1: 12:36pm On May 27, 2010
I don't care what people say. . . . .Patrick Obahiagbon is a GENIUS.
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon's New Grammar: by SLIGHT(m): 3:22pm On May 27, 2010
The man is speaking simple ethical kparakpotic english, dont u gerrit?
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon's New Grammar: by Cohomology: 3:32pm On May 27, 2010
Five stars for "epileptic parapoism".
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon's New Grammar: by Cohomology: 3:33pm On May 27, 2010
~Sauron~:

Seconded! The guy's vocabulary intimidates many of those riffraff politicians.
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon's New Grammar: by jamace(m): 4:07pm On May 27, 2010
This guy should compile a dictionary to be called ANGLO-WAZOBIA DICTIONARY grin grin grin
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon's New Grammar: by CARLISTO77(m): 3:22pm On Jul 08, 2010
I never know why many Nigerians are resentful to literal astuteness when being ingratiated by Erudites.
I wonder why many people can not figure out what the man was saying, rather, making cockamamie contributions, all in the name of zaniness, Is it that many Nigerians are finding it difficult to decipher simple diction like "EPILEPTIC PAPAPOLITICS" or what? There's no big deal about his phraseology, only that many Nigerians' savoir faire is heading to moribundity- a dead point.
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon's New Grammar: by snowdrops(m): 3:30pm On Jul 08, 2010
Did he say epileptic papapolitics or kparapoism?
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon's New Grammar: by CARLISTO77(m): 3:38pm On Jul 08, 2010
Nope, he meant EPILEPTIC PARAPOLITICS , try hear him out well, you'll get to know what he said.
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon's New Grammar: by snowdrops(m): 3:45pm On Jul 08, 2010
ok, nice one. What does papapolitics mean?

Doing a google search i only found parapolitics.
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon's New Grammar: by canuck(m): 6:24pm On Jul 08, 2010
~Sauron~:

Cohomology:

Seconded! The guy's vocabulary intimidates many of those riffraff politicians.

Would either of you gentlemen please take a moment to transcribe Hon. Obahiagbon's 20 seconds of incomprehensible tirade?
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon's New Grammar: by kolaism: 10:11am On Sep 09, 2010
many of u casting obayagbona should go and learn to improve urself, the guy is the most popular legislator in nigeria, i am proud of him
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon's New Grammar: by chrisical(m): 6:41pm On Sep 09, 2010
Epileptic para. . . what
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon's New Grammar: by Nobody: 7:24pm On Sep 09, 2010
I find him very funny.

But it is unfortunate that he is about the boldest lawmaker we have willing to say what needs to be said and express whatever anger their needs to express.

I hope he backs up his efforts by co-sponsoring bills with others.
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon's New Grammar: by Boyan: 1:50pm On Dec 21, 2010
I believe sey,he no fit kill us with his bombastic grammar.
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon's New Grammar: by ijawgirl: 5:05pm On Jan 20, 2011
;d
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon's New Grammar: by mkmyers45(m): 6:12pm On Jan 28, 2012
I LAUGH IN SWAHILI grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon's New Grammar: by Joel3(m): 7:09pm On Jan 28, 2012
Did he say. Cabalocracy?
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon's New Grammar: by omotodun1(m): 8:40pm On Dec 25, 2018
bump

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fighting Corruption Not An Economic Policy; Peter Obi To Buhari / Raph Madu Dies; Governor Uzodinma Mourns (Photos) / NNPC To Nigerians: Avoid Panic Buying, We Have 1.7bn Litres Of Petrol In Stock

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.