Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,223 members, 7,880,834 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 07:44 AM

APC Congresses: Oyegun Withdraws, As APC Fixes New Dates - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Congresses: Oyegun Withdraws, As APC Fixes New Dates (752 Views)

APC Fixes Dates For Edo, Ondo Guber Primaries As INEC Sticks To Timetable / Oshiomhole: APC Fixes Emergency NEC Meeting For March 17 / Court Nullifies APC Congresses In Rivers State, Says It Is Fraudulent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

APC Congresses: Oyegun Withdraws, As APC Fixes New Dates by desoul2004(m): 9:50pm On Apr 28, 2018
The All Progressives Congress (APC) has announced new dates for this year’s ward, local government and state congresses even as Daily Trust gathered yesterday that the party’s National Chairman, Chief John Odigie-Oyegun, has shelved his national chairmanship ambition.

It could however not be confirmed whether the decision was connected to Oyegun’s visit to the Presidential Villa on Thursday night.

But on Tuesday, he described the purported endorsement of former Governor Adams Oshiomhole by the South-South zonal leadership of the party as “absolutely childish.”

Chief Odigie-Oyegun, who spoke with newsmen at the party’s national secretariat in Abuja, said voting would take place at convention venue and not at any government house.

On whether he would seek re-election, he said, “I’m going to know when the convention committee announces their programmes, then when I’m going to buy a form if I will re-contest I will let you know.”

The new dates announced yesterday by the party’s National Publicity Secretary, Malam Bolaji Abdullahi, are Saturday, May 5 for ward congresses, Saturday, May 12 for LGA congresses and Saturday, May 19 for state congresses.

Abdullahi said the date for the national convention in June would be announced later.

In the timetable earlier released, the party scheduled ward congresses for Wednesday, May 2, LG congresses for Saturday, May 5, state congresses for Wednesday, May 9 and national convention for May 14, 2018.
Re: APC Congresses: Oyegun Withdraws, As APC Fixes New Dates by CilicMarin: 9:51pm On Apr 28, 2018
Ok
Re: APC Congresses: Oyegun Withdraws, As APC Fixes New Dates by KidsNEXTdoor: 9:54pm On Apr 28, 2018
CilicMarin:
Ok

A terrorist party will always project terrorists as their flag bearer

We say no to terrorists
We say no to cattle colony
We say no to terrorist herdsmen
We say no to impunity and corruption

(1) (Reply)

APC Governor Showers Praises On Gov. Umahi / 2019 Decision: Atiku Responds To "Online Offer Of PVC' / Minister Adeosun’s NYSC Certificate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.