Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,856 members, 7,909,214 topics. Date: Friday, 02 August 2024 at 07:56 PM

M I, P Square and Sade Nominated For B E T Awards! - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / M I, P Square and Sade Nominated For B E T Awards! (2518 Views)

Wizkid And Yemi Alade Nominated For BET Awards / Ice-Prince Cried After He Was Nominated For This Year’s Bet Awards / P-Square: Peter & Paul Okoye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

M I, P Square and Sade Nominated For B E T Awards! by henry101(m): 6:40am On May 19, 2010
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1639471/20100518/jay_z.jhtml

M I, P SQUARE AND SADE ADU ARE NOMINATED FOR THIS YEAR B E T AWARDS TO BE HELD ON 27TH OF JUNE 2010.

THEY ARE NOMINATED FOR THE "BEST INTERNATIONAL ACT" CATEGORY.

QUEEN LATIFAH IS SET TO HOST THE FESTIVITIES LIVE FROM THE SHRINE AUDITORIUM IN LOS ANGELES ON JUNE 27.
Re: M I, P Square and Sade Nominated For B E T Awards! by audio: 10:40am On May 19, 2010
[url]http://www.bet.com/Music/news/Drakejayzandnickileadnominees_musicnews_05.18.10.htm?Referrer={F99E13BD-3272-487C-BA3B-C63E2B26697F}[/url]

Just verified this. Follow link. Congratulations to both of them. It can only be good for the industry. With all the Buzz on Fela in the states now, i thought DBanj will get a nod, but alas maybe next year.
Re: M I, P Square and Sade Nominated For B E T Awards! by Genuflect(m): 10:43am On May 19, 2010
Great news for Naija!! It just keeps getting better
Re: M I, P Square and Sade Nominated For B E T Awards! by rapjunkie(m): 10:47am On May 19, 2010
My signature says it all. . . . call me a prophet. . . grin
Re: M I, P Square and Sade Nominated For B E T Awards! by audio: 10:53am On May 19, 2010
Genuflect:

Great news for Naija!! It just keeps getting better

It does indeed. I hope they get to perform. That's the key thing. TV exposure.
Re: M I, P Square and Sade Nominated For B E T Awards! by Genuflect(m): 10:57am On May 19, 2010
rapjunkie:

My signature says it all. . . . call me a prophet. . . grin
I swear. Lol. Definitely, Naija Hip-Hop, infact Naija Music will soon take over the world. It pisses me off when people are still belittling the immense talent we have here in Nigeria. Na until Jay-Z feature MI dem go come sit up
Re: M I, P Square and Sade Nominated For B E T Awards! by eldee(m): 3:32pm On May 19, 2010
M.I, K'naan, Sade, HHP, Corinne Bailey Rae . . . now this is tough.

Only one Kelly that I know . . .she didn't get nominated grin grin

Congrats to M.I man . . . BET nomination, MTV, abeg make them carry their Alariwo award go sleep. cheesy cheesy
Re: M I, P Square and Sade Nominated For B E T Awards! by eldee(m): 3:34pm On May 19, 2010
Genuflect:

I swear. Lol. Definitely, Naija Hip-Hop, infact Naija Music will soon take over the world. It pisses me off when people are still belittling the immense talent we have here in Nigeria. Na until Jay-Z feature MI dem go come sit up

Erm Kelly Rowland, MJB, Wyclef, Kels have all done stuff with Naija artistes. . . e be like say na Michael Jackson remain cheesy cheesy
Re: M I, P Square and Sade Nominated For B E T Awards! by rocnaija(m): 3:38pm On May 19, 2010
Wait!!!!!!!!!!
Kelly Handsome didn't get a nomination
B.E.T. is in trouble when his next single comes out!!
106 & Park go hear am!!

Congrats to Mr Abaga,
Can't see him winning it but. . . "2010 MI rocking at BET, you can buy my cd and. . . ."
Re: M I, P Square and Sade Nominated For B E T Awards! by eldee(m): 3:42pm On May 19, 2010
rocnaija:

Wait!!!!!!!!!!
106 & Park go hear am!!

Congrats to Mr Abaga,
Can't see him winning it but. . . "2010 MI rocking at BET, you can buy my cd and. . . ."

Kelly who?? You mean the one-hit single chic that sang Maga no fit pay??
Abeg they should nominate her quickly ooh . . . I don't want to start hearing lines like 'I bet against BET to choc the M.I' grin grin
Re: M I, P Square and Sade Nominated For B E T Awards! by rocnaija(m): 3:48pm On May 19, 2010
^ The problem now is that, people will say Ayo Animashaun must be in charge of the BET awards, that's why MI got nominated.
Re: M I, P Square and Sade Nominated For B E T Awards! by 9ja4eva: 4:15pm On May 19, 2010
Tough Category.I don't see MI or P-square winning.God dey sha

Who votes?
Re: M I, P Square and Sade Nominated For B E T Awards! by lalaboi(m): 9:41pm On May 19, 2010
Too bad he aint gonna win!. . .

Nice one sha!!
Re: M I, P Square and Sade Nominated For B E T Awards! by baybbootz(f): 11:44pm On May 19, 2010
Wait!!!!!!!!!!
106 & Park go hear am
lmfao.
Dnt mind the trouble maker jo.

It seems really tight for MI with k'naan in that category.
K'naan looks like his going to take the trophy home. It would be the bomb if MI gets to perform.
Re: M I, P Square and Sade Nominated For B E T Awards! by Nobody: 1:33am On May 20, 2010
Great. But Sade ftw. Or K'naan.
Re: M I, P Square and Sade Nominated For B E T Awards! by slimshay(m): 8:20am On May 20, 2010
And the boyz keep doing us proud. Congatulations MI and PSquare!!! cool cool

Eldee why you carry that matter come here nah? wink
Re: M I, P Square and Sade Nominated For B E T Awards! by DBR: 10:20am On May 20, 2010
M.i does not have to win for it to be worth it.
Nomination alone sef na Big deal. We talkin BET here baby!
And psquare, this is good look.
The recognition is gettin bigger, the fame is spreadin farther.
This is wat we need!
oNe
Re: M I, P Square and Sade Nominated For B E T Awards! by eldee(m): 10:28am On May 20, 2010
DBR:

M.i does not have to win for it to be worth it.
Nomination alone sef na Big deal. We talkin BET here baby!
And psquare, this is good look.
The recognition is gettin bigger, the fame is spreadin farther.
This is wat we need!
oNe

What I'm happy for is the fact that this is not just people trying to appease us like the MTV MAMAs, or the best African Act at the MOBOs implying that we're not as good as the Sways and Bashys. . . this is an award that's truly on merit.
It's the whole world outside America.

I'm rooting for Corrine Bailey Ray and K'naan though . . . K'naan deserves a Grammy for Waving Flag.
Re: M I, P Square and Sade Nominated For B E T Awards! by eldee(m): 10:29am On May 20, 2010
slimshay:

And the boyz keep doing us proud. Congatulations MI and PSquare!!! cool cool

Eldee why you carry that matter come here nah? wink

Me ke?? Na Rocnaija dey talk am ooh.
Me I nor want make Kelly Ransome kill me with one hit grin grin
Re: M I, P Square and Sade Nominated For B E T Awards! by rocnaija(m): 10:36am On May 20, 2010
^ Lol

Meanwhile, I thought K'naan was claiming 'Canadian'?
Or was it Canada claiming him?!

'Cause he's usually referred to as the 'Somalian-born Canadian rapper'

Or didn't BET get the memo?
Re: M I, P Square and Sade Nominated For B E T Awards! by eldee(m): 10:43am On May 20, 2010
rocnaija:

^ Lol

Meanwhile, I thought K'naan was claiming 'Canadian'?
Or was it Canada claiming him?!

'Cause he's usually referred to as the 'Somalian-born Canadian rapper'

Or didn't BET get the memo?

He claims Somali when he's in his K'naan mode.
It's about what you claim in your music for them, Sade is British in music.
Re: M I, P Square and Sade Nominated For B E T Awards! by Mobinga: 11:11am On May 20, 2010
Hmmm. M.I. grin grin grin grin. He should go on High Heels grin grin
Re: M I, P Square and Sade Nominated For B E T Awards! by eldee(m): 11:14am On May 20, 2010
Mobinga:

Hmmm. M.I. grin grin grin grin. He should go on High Heels grin grin

Why would you need heels when you're standing on the BET and MTV platform?? tongue tongue
Re: M I, P Square and Sade Nominated For B E T Awards! by DBR: 12:04pm On May 20, 2010
I sorta dont really kno wat K'nnan and Sade are doin on the list tho.
And y is Asha not somewhere there, she's more "international" than
M.i and psquare, innit? I dont thinkd nomination for that category
shud be merely by origin, but local act that is felt internationally.
Not Sade(livin and practising in d west) or K'annan(canadian/livin in d west).
Corinne Bailey Rae( An english babe singer). . .
(in ma eyes i see yanks and Jand as same)
Just ma opinion tho.

oNe
Re: M I, P Square and Sade Nominated For B E T Awards! by slimshay(m): 1:13pm On May 20, 2010
Eldee na lie, if u talk too much I go give you the empty kom kom line oh? grin

DBR, Asa ke? Hasnt produced new works yet, has she? Id think Nneka is getting better reviews at the moment.

And Eldee please dont demean the other awards o. Dont despise the days of humble beginning. We are taking over the world. One award at a time. Abeg pass MI the platform jare. Short black boy need am true true grin.
Re: M I, P Square and Sade Nominated For B E T Awards! by rocnaija(m): 2:08pm On May 20, 2010
9ja4eva:

Tough Category.I don't see MI or P-square winning.God dey sha

Who votes?

http://betawards.bet.com/nominees/category/best-international-act
Re: M I, P Square and Sade Nominated For B E T Awards! by lalaboi(m): 2:16pm On May 20, 2010
Its the unnofial votes and psquare are secong with 16 percent! lol. . . M.i 6th with 9% . .
omo Nobody sabi mi outside naija oh! lol. . .
Estelle leads the chart! na only Psquare fit compete! those dudes are all over africa mahn lol
Re: M I, P Square and Sade Nominated For B E T Awards! by rocnaija(m): 2:22pm On May 20, 2010
He's probably the only one on that list with [b]one [/b]recognized album out and just [b]one [/b]video.
Even Terry the rapman has more than that.
So e try small.

P-Squared has what. . . three/four albums, plus they toured Africa and a gazillion videos.

Hopefully P-Squared get the chance to perform, even if na 2 minutes.
Re: M I, P Square and Sade Nominated For B E T Awards! by dejiariyo1: 2:59pm On May 20, 2010
My vote for the Psquare brothers, they deserve it, respect their hustle

pls keep voting pple,
Re: M I, P Square and Sade Nominated For B E T Awards! by craziest: 3:45pm On May 20, 2010
deji.ariyo:

My vote for the Psquare brothers, they deserve it, respect their hustle

pls keep voting pple,

I voted for K'NAAN, that guy rocks
Re: M I, P Square and Sade Nominated For B E T Awards! by 9ja4eva: 4:04pm On May 20, 2010
PSquare to win.

Nothing dey happen
Re: M I, P Square and Sade Nominated For B E T Awards! by lalaboi(m): 4:04pm On May 20, 2010
Psquare leading shocked shocked

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gospel Music In Nigeria? / Tupac The Greatest And Realiest Rapper Of All Time / Modenine Wins Big In South Africa!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.