Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,465 members, 7,891,924 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 10:36 PM

Even As President Buhari Meets Trump: What I Noticed At A Yoruba Introduction. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Even As President Buhari Meets Trump: What I Noticed At A Yoruba Introduction. (3739 Views)

Lockdown: Buhari Meets Task Force, Keeps Mum On Extension / Election Shift: Chris Smith Blames Buhari, Associates, Tells Trump What To Do / Fayose Reacts As Buhari Meets Trump Tomorrow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Even As President Buhari Meets Trump: What I Noticed At A Yoruba Introduction. by CsRockefeller(m): 7:13pm On Apr 29, 2018
So, about 3 weeks ago, i was at a marriage introduction involving two Yoruba families. It was my first time being at one, not that i wanted to be there anyway, but, i had to, duty compelled me.

Since both families were Yoruba it wasnt really a thing of surprise that everyone present were from the zone of great coca farmers, even though it was held in the state where the lands are so close to the clouds.

As proceedings began, a woman stood up (she was the moderator anyway so she was always up on her feet). I didnt pay too much attention to what was going on, to be honest, my mind was on the food(smiles). This moderator began to pray for this intended couple, "you will not die" everybody said Amen including your faithfully,"Fulani herdsmen will not see you" we all said Amen, "Boko Haram will not see you" and the Amen was louder, then she said the most shocking thing i heard that day "Biafra will not see you" at this point, everyone but me said Amen. I was shocked, i looked round to see if it was only me who just noticed what happened, to be fair on the moderator it was a Yoruba introduction so she felt everyone present was from the West side of Nigeria, but everyone but me went on with the prayers like nothing has happened.

So, i began to think, why will anyone but the word "Biafra" in the same context as Boko Haram and Fulani Herdsmen? I began to ask myself some questions, who represents Biafra? The Igbos. Are they violent? No. Do they kill people especially intended or newly wed couples? No. So why will anyone tag or see us as violent or killers or terrorist. I wanted to confront her after the programme, but i just felt i let it go.

She was just one in a gathering of about 50, if we do the maths, in every 50 people that are not Igbos, there is someone who thinks that Igbos are violent or killers or terrorist, not including the number of people she has passed her thoughts onto. i can imagine that woman will never employ Igbos in her establishment, her children and relations will not marry Igbo, she wont even vote for an Igbo person if he/she decides to contest for an election. It was then i realized how people really hate the Igbos. Even if she meant to say IPOB, they arent a violent group.

This was said in a place that doesnt belong to neither the Igbos nor the Yorubas, It was said in the open to all hearing, It was said in an atmosphere of celebration, love and merryment. What do you think will be said if was done in the South West?, if it was in their bedrooms, their offices, their closets? If it was an atmoshere of hate and war?

As President Buhari meets with President Donald Trump tomorrow even as IPOB plans to stage a peaceful protest infront of the White House, i can only imagine what the man who saw people who have been oppressed, beaten, marginalised, treated without dignity, treated as slaves, as second hand citizens but still labelled them "Terrorist" will say to President Donald Trump in their close door meeting.

Like the title of Mandela's Biography "Long Walk to Freedom", its going to be a long walk to equality, to justice, to emancipation, its going to be a long lonely walk, but at the end lies our freedom, and free we shall be.

Note: This doesnt apply to all Yorubas or Hauas, only those that hate and dislike Igbos. I have friends in both tribes,but i cant stay silent when i see wrong especially as it affects my tribe and Nigerians in general.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Even As President Buhari Meets Trump: What I Noticed At A Yoruba Introduction. by Nobody: 7:17pm On Apr 29, 2018
Uhmm don't take it personal even family members hate each other, we didn't choose to be together as a nation.

2 Likes

Re: Even As President Buhari Meets Trump: What I Noticed At A Yoruba Introduction. by saarumann: 7:29pm On Apr 29, 2018
There are people who are good at pretending for the outside with fake smiles, but the inside is as black as charcoal. Very hateful chaps living in delusion. This is the situation of Nigeria - Living in Pretence that we are a nation when it is clear to a blind man that we are not. Delusional grandeur! One Nigeria indeed.
Biafra will come whether hateful enemies like it or not.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Even As President Buhari Meets Trump: What I Noticed At A Yoruba Introduction. by Nobody: 8:03pm On Apr 29, 2018
I think you get the prayer all wrong...I don't think what the woman referred to as Biafra is a reference to Igbo people as the case was with herdsmen and Boko haram but Biafra in the contest of Biafra war lot of Yoruba people are conversant with. Yorubas might not agree with Igbos in a lot of things both online and in real life but I doubt if any Yoruba Christian or Moslem see Biafra people or even IPOB in the same light as Boko or herdsmen. Yoruba people might oppose IPOB for no obvious reason but I can say it authoritative thay an average Yoruba share a lot of IPOB sentiment except for few that are hell bent on becoming the slave of the sultan

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Even As President Buhari Meets Trump: What I Noticed At A Yoruba Introduction. by Bede2u(m): 8:36pm On Apr 29, 2018
The oil in the Niger delta has bcom a curse to the Igboman. The only 2 reason the Igbos still stay in this Nigeria and suffer this insults and hate is because 1. We dont have access to the ocean without Igbos in the SS and 2. The Igbos in the SS who have access to the ocean also have oil (the great opium of Nigeria) and Nigerian govt will never let them go.

The average Yoruba or hausa president of Nigeria will gladly kill every living Igbo person so as to keep Nigeria one and keep oil flowing. They all hate Igbo that much....but the only way they will ever grant us Biafra is if its only their artificial 5 SE states and not entire Igboland

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Even As President Buhari Meets Trump: What I Noticed At A Yoruba Introduction. by adadike(f): 9:05pm On Apr 29, 2018
The foolish woman did not even say' buhari will not see u' it is Biafra which signifies freedom. She is indirectly cursing the couple

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Even As President Buhari Meets Trump: What I Noticed At A Yoruba Introduction. by Nobody: 9:30pm On Apr 29, 2018
adadike:
The foolish woman did not even say' buhari will not see u' it is Biafra which signifies freedom. She is indirectly cursing the couple
You people forget things easily but Yoruba won't. All thanks to the South west that saved you refugees till today

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Even As President Buhari Meets Trump: What I Noticed At A Yoruba Introduction. by Alariiwo: 9:41pm On Apr 29, 2018
That's a big prayer if you don't know..

There is nothing deadlier than having an enemy within. people who hate you with passion but want to live in your lands by force while they go about crying for biafra.

It's better to take caution when around "enemies of Nigeria" who want nothing but chaos for others and rejoice at every bad news in the country.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Even As President Buhari Meets Trump: What I Noticed At A Yoruba Introduction. by horsepower101: 9:50pm On Apr 29, 2018
I don't take any smiles from Nigerians in good fate. Because I know that the same people smiling to me in public will celebrate my death if I say I want to be on my own.

Every pro-Biafran used to be pro-Nigerian at first...including Nnamdi kanu.

Its a phase most Igbos go through in Nigeria before they realize the truth.

Nnamdi kanu has sewed an important seed but paid the ultimate price for it.

This coming generation is beginning to see the light.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Even As President Buhari Meets Trump: What I Noticed At A Yoruba Introduction. by horsepower101: 9:55pm On Apr 29, 2018
Alariiwo:
That's a big prayer if you don't know..

There is nothing deadlier than having an enemy within. people who hate you with passion but want to live in your lands by force while they go about crying for biafra.

It's better to take caution when around "enemies of Nigeria" who want nothing but chaos for others and rejoice at every bad news in the country.

Yes the enemy that you are scared of leaving you in Nigeria.

If fulani heardsmen say they want to leave Nigeria, wont you celebrate?

If boko harm say they want to leave Nigeria, wont you celebrate?

But you threaten war, and genocide when biafrans (your so called enemies) say that they want to leave.

You are a Spineless coward whom you and your people lack the ability to be independent. Shame!!!

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Even As President Buhari Meets Trump: What I Noticed At A Yoruba Introduction. by Alariiwo: 10:03pm On Apr 29, 2018
What nonsense is that IPOB saying up there?

Is anyone tying you parasites down with rope or anything?
Why can't you stay in your biafra and be satisfied there? Why must you run to Yorubaland in your millions via luxury buses.

Go and see their population in Kano, Borno and co. you'll marvel.. They are in every corner of the country living and breathing freely yet they claim they want freedom.

Freedon from who/what?? Ancestral foolishnes I presume.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Even As President Buhari Meets Trump: What I Noticed At A Yoruba Introduction. by horsepower101: 10:13pm On Apr 29, 2018
Alariiwo:

Why can't you stay in your biafra and be satisfied there? Why must you run to Yorubaland in your millions via luxury buses.

Go and see their population in Kano, Borno and co. you'll marvel.. They are in every corner of the country living and breathing freely yet they claim they want freedom.

We are everywhere all over the world. You are not making any sense with that argument...Besides they have the right to be where ever they choose as nigerian citizens.

WE want the freedom to decide our own destiny...Nigeria is holding us back politically, socially, educationally, economically, infrastructurally, culturally..etc.

Nigeria is holding us back from being developed. We travel all over the world and see what real development looks like.

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Even As President Buhari Meets Trump: What I Noticed At A Yoruba Introduction. by anibirelawal(m): 10:16pm On Apr 29, 2018
Maybe she meant to say NigerDelta Millitants.
Re: Even As President Buhari Meets Trump: What I Noticed At A Yoruba Introduction. by omohayek: 10:18pm On Apr 29, 2018
What a load of rubbish! Would you have been invited to the wedding in the first place if Yorubas were as full of hatred for Igbos as your paranoid imaginings indicate? Here you are at a Yoruba wedding in Yorubaland, waiting to be served free food and drink along with everyone else despite your Igbo origins, and the one thing that comes to your mind is how Yorubas hate Igbos, simply because one woman (allegedly) mentioned Biafra! For all one knows, she probably didn't even mention the word, and you only imagined she did because of your tendency to project onto others the blind ethnic hatred you clearly harbor within your own heart.

I pity the poor families who extended their generosity to a snake in the grass like you, only to have their open-mindedness rewarded with vile slanders of the foulest sort. Had they acted in line with your fantasies about how Yoruba people must be, you'd never have been allowed onto the premises in the first place, and everyone would have been the better off for it in your case, as you are obviously the type to see malice in anything Yoruba people could ever do for you.

24 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Even As President Buhari Meets Trump: What I Noticed At A Yoruba Introduction. by horsepower101: 10:22pm On Apr 29, 2018
My biggest prayer is for oil to run out or have a massive price crash.

It is the biggest curse to us. You can never reason with a Nigerian because everyone in interested in oil politics...

They will kill and commit genocide if that's what it takes to keep the oil flowing..

Then tomorrow they will come to sing one Nigeria to me as if they give a shitt.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Even As President Buhari Meets Trump: What I Noticed At A Yoruba Introduction. by Bede2u(m): 10:24pm On Apr 29, 2018
Alariiwo:

this useless narrative again smh. Ppl go to lagos which was the FCT from 1914-1990. Nobody gives a hoot about ur yoruba villages. If ph was capital from 1914 to 1990 ...it is ph we will be going to...not west-word. Today we are going more to Abj than lagos if u dont know. But its surprising that even that SE never hosted fct....u guys still full enugu, onitsha and aba selling agbor, driving cab and selling mama put. Plus forming pastor and prophets and herbalists

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Even As President Buhari Meets Trump: What I Noticed At A Yoruba Introduction. by agabusta: 10:29pm On Apr 29, 2018
omohayek:
What a load of rubbish! Would you have been invited to the wedding in the first place if Yorubas were as full of hatred for Igbos as your paranoid imaginings indicate? Here you are at a Yoruba wedding in Yorubaland, waiting to be served free food and drink along with everyone else despite your Igbo origins, and the one thing that comes to your mind is how Yorubas hate Igbos, simply because one woman (allegedly) mentioned Biafra! For all one knows, she probably didn't even mention the word, and you only imagined she did because of your tendency to project onto others the blind ethnic hatred you clearly harbor within your own heart.

I pity the poor families who extended their generosity to a snake in the grass like you, only to have their open-mindedness rewarded with vile slanders of the foulest sort. Had they acted in line with your fantasies about how Yoruba people must be, you'd never have been allowed onto the premises in the first place, and everyone would have been the better off for it in your case, as you are obviously the type to see malice in anything Yoruba people could ever do for you.

Well said. He didn't even consider it that a lot of people in the SW equate biafra to civil war. Anytime some hear biafra, it's only the war that comes to their mind.

If the woman indeed said that, her prayer is simply saying war will not come to the couple.

Why can't his reasoning follow the least hateful assumption??

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Even As President Buhari Meets Trump: What I Noticed At A Yoruba Introduction. by Doerstech(m): 10:35pm On Apr 29, 2018
Maybe you could have tried finding out quietly from the woman what she meant by that

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Even As President Buhari Meets Trump: What I Noticed At A Yoruba Introduction. by Alariiwo: 10:46pm On Apr 29, 2018
Bede2u:
this useless narrative again smh. Ppl go to lagos which was the FCT from 1914-1990. Nobody gives a hoot about ur yoruba villages. If ph was capital from 1914 to 1990 ...it is ph we will be going to...not west-word. Today we are going more to Abj than lagos if u dont know. But its surprising that even that SE never hosted fct....u guys still full enugu, onitsha and aba selling agbor, driving cab and selling mama put. Plus forming pastor and prophets and herbalists

Whatever rocks your boat..

When you get your biafra we'll drive every one of you out of our lands.
The Arewa quit notice will be child's play to what you lots will get.

Very shallow minded lots who travel but can't use their brain to replicate development in their erosion ravaged shithole. All they know is to brag and spay money.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Even As President Buhari Meets Trump: What I Noticed At A Yoruba Introduction. by ashjay001(m): 10:48pm On Apr 29, 2018
Hypocrite oshi! But, u didn't want to be there, too! Cos, according to u, it was Yoruba Yoruba thing

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Even As President Buhari Meets Trump: What I Noticed At A Yoruba Introduction. by PlsBanMe: 11:18pm On Apr 29, 2018
Because the moderator don't want Biafra don't mean, he/she don't like the igbos.

Not all igbos like IPOB.

SO many igbos want to remain in Nigeria.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Even As President Buhari Meets Trump: What I Noticed At A Yoruba Introduction. by newbornmacho(m): 11:27pm On Apr 29, 2018
Alariiwo:

Whatever rocks your boat..

When you get your biafra we'll drive every one of you out of our lands.
The Arewa quit notice will be child's play to what you lots will get.

Very shallow minded lots who travel but can't use their brain to replicate development in their erosion ravaged shithole. All they know is to brag and spay money.
you will equally be chased with horsewhips out of port Harcourt and the oil sector in general...awon ole

8 Likes

Re: Even As President Buhari Meets Trump: What I Noticed At A Yoruba Introduction. by gidgiddy: 11:30pm On Apr 29, 2018
transformed:
I think you get the prayer all wrong...I don't think what the woman referred to as Biafra is a reference to Igbo people as the case was with herdsmen and Boko haram but Biafra in the contest of Biafra war lot of Yoruba people are conversant with. Yorubas might not agree with Igbos in a lot of things both online and in real life but I doubt if any Yoruba Christian or Moslem see Biafra people or even IPOB in the same light as Boko or herdsmen. Yoruba people might oppose IPOB for no obvious reason but I can say it authoritative thay an average Yoruba share a lot of IPOB sentiment except for few that are hell bent on becoming the slave of the sultan

Oh come of it! The Biafran war that was fought 50 years ago is still what a Yoruba will be praying against in this modern age? The Biafranbm war hardly touched Yoruba land.

Everybody knows that the current Biafran agitation is about referendum, not war

The question is, has the current Biafran agitators claimed anyone's life? No! It is the Biafran agitators that have actually been killed by the authorities.

One thing the IPOB agitation showed everyone is that Yorubas generally dont care about Igbos. In the aftermath of operation Python dance, most of the Yoruba media outlets supported the operation.

They shouted that Nnamdi Kanu and IPOB deserved it for their verbal utterance and threatening of the sovereignty of Nigeria.

The same Yoruba man us witnessing armed Fulani herdsmen gangs slaughter people everyday with little or no repercussions

These same Yorubas claim to be "sophisticated" but they can't even understand that in a democracy, everyone is alllowed to speak their mind and express themselves even if you don't like their mode of expression.

A group of people are agitating non violently in their Region for independence but it is raining a Yoruba man?

If Hausa had agitated for independence from Nigeria in their Region, would it pain a Yoruba man?

A sophisticated people suddenly act like they don't know anything about self determination because Nnamdi Kanu andbM IPOB didn't come to lick their a$$ in pursuit of it.

I will however commend Yorubas such Ayo Adebanjo, Adegboruwa and Afenifere who condemned what the authorities did in respect of the Biafran agitation

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Even As President Buhari Meets Trump: What I Noticed At A Yoruba Introduction. by OnyeOGA(m): 11:49pm On Apr 29, 2018
PlsBanMe:
Because the moderator don't want Biafra don't mean, he/she don't like the igbos.

Not all igbos like IPOB.

hey! Like how many
cheesy
Re: Even As President Buhari Meets Trump: What I Noticed At A Yoruba Introduction. by grandstar(m): 11:50pm On Apr 29, 2018
CsRockefeller:
So, about 3 weeks ago, i was at a marriage introduction involving two Yoruba families. It was my first time being at one, not that i wanted to be there anyway, but, i had to, duty compelled me.

Since both families were Yoruba it wasnt really a thing of surprise that everyone present were from the zone of great coca farmers, even though it was held in the state where the lands are so close to the clouds.

As proceedings began, a woman stood up (she was the moderator anyway so she was always up on her feet). I didnt pay too much attention to what was going on, to be honest, my mind was on the food(smiles). This moderator began to pray for this intended couple, "you will not die" everybody said Amen including your faithfully,"Fulani herdsmen will not see you" we all said Amen, "Boko Haram will not see you" and the Amen was louder, then she said the most shocking thing i heard that day "Biafra will not see you" at this point, everyone but me said Amen. I was shocked, i looked round to see if it was only me who just noticed what happened, to be fair on the moderator it was a Yoruba introduction so she felt everyone present was from the West side of Nigeria, but everyone but me went on with the prayers like nothing has happened.

So, i began to think, why will anyone but the word "Biafra" in the same context as Boko Haram and Fulani Herdsmen? I began to ask myself some questions, who represents Biafra? The Igbos. Are they violent? No. Do they kill people especially intended or newly wed couples? No. So why will anyone tag or see us as violent or killers or terrorist. I wanted to confront her after the programme, but i just felt i let it go.

She was just one in a gathering of about 50, if we do the maths, in every 50 people that are not Igbos, there is someone who thinks that Igbos are violent or killers or terrorist, not including the number of people she has passed her thoughts onto. i can imagine that woman will never employ Igbos in her establishment, her children and relations will not marry Igbo, she wont even vote for an Igbo person if he/she decides to contest for an election. It was then i realized how people really hate the Igbos. Even if she meant to say IPOB, they arent a violent group.

This was said in a place that doesnt belong to neither the Igbos nor the Yorubas, It was said in the open to all hearing, It was said in an atmosphere of celebration, love and merryment. What do you think will be said if was done in the South West?, if it was in their bedrooms, their offices, their closets? If it was an atmoshere of hate and war?

As President Buhari meets with President Donald Trump tomorrow even as IPOB plans to stage a peaceful protest infront of the White House, i can only imagine what the man who saw people who have been oppressed, beaten, marginalised, treated without dignity, treated as slaves, as second hand citizens but still labelled them "Terrorist" will say to President Donald Trump in their close door meeting.

Like the title of Mandela's Biography "Long Walk to Freedom", its going to be a long walk to equality, to justice, to emancipation, its going to be a long lonely walk, but at the end lies our freedom, and free we shall be.

Note: This doesnt apply to all Yorubas or Hauas, only those that hate and dislike Igbos. I have friends in both tribes,but i cant stay silent when i see wrong especially as it affects my tribe and Nigerians in general.

Can't you see its a joke? Can't you sense the humour in it? You're just crying over nothing.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Even As President Buhari Meets Trump: What I Noticed At A Yoruba Introduction. by MrRichmond: 12:11am On Apr 30, 2018
Op... you should try and remove tribalism from your mental sphere when dealing with people, always try to see things from different angles.
The word Biafra already has a negative connotation to it. Regardless of the fact that Biafra war was fought many years ago, the stigma of war and suffering still lingers and unfortunately it is very much attached to the word (Biafra).

The Biafra cause may have evolved from war to peaceful agitation, but the untold starvation and suffering that came with Biafra war has not left the minds of many!

The Yorubas have not forgotten the past, and you cannot blame them for this misconception.

so Biafra most likely in the context of the speaker must have referenced disdain for what happened in the past and not what the igbos are currently fighting for..

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Even As President Buhari Meets Trump: What I Noticed At A Yoruba Introduction. by ZZ22: 12:38am On Apr 30, 2018
Most Yorubas can love angels and demons at the same time. They can show you reverence doing the day and share their resentments towards you in the night.
Dont be deceived what came out of that woman's mouth at the wedding is their original mindset towards Biafra but when it comes online where Biafrans are watching they will soft pedal or keep mute.

To those saying she meant something else from what the op is saying, had it being that half the people that attended the wedding are Igbos would the woman dare put Boko Haram, Fulani Herdsmen and Biafra in the same sentence doing her prayers

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Even As President Buhari Meets Trump: What I Noticed At A Yoruba Introduction. by Nobody: 12:41am On Apr 30, 2018
PlsBanMe:

Not all igbos like IPOB.

how many such Igbos do you know, who prefer Nigeria?

Please share if you prefer Nigeria, Like for Biafra.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Even As President Buhari Meets Trump: What I Noticed At A Yoruba Introduction. by BabaRamota1980: 1:34am On Apr 30, 2018
CsRockefeller:

She said Biafra, you flipped it to Igbo.

Is Biafra different from IPOB - Indigeneous People Of Biafra)?

That woman is what we call Alaga (MC- Master of Ceremony). Her role is to whip up sentiments and elate moods so appreciation, in form of cash, can flow. They use whatever is in mainstream news to anchor performance, not necessarily a show of hatred. I have been in traditional wedding where Obasanjo was caricatured by Alaga. Even Tinubu has not escaped lips of some Alaga in Lagos.

This is your first Alaga encounter. If you continue to attend Yoruba weddings you will see how they operate. Wise up!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Even As President Buhari Meets Trump: What I Noticed At A Yoruba Introduction. by horsepower101: 1:58am On Apr 30, 2018
PlsBanMe:

Not all igbos like IPOB.

Then tell your federal government to conduct a referendum. Why are they scared?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Even As President Buhari Meets Trump: What I Noticed At A Yoruba Introduction. by WisdomFlakes: 5:04am On Apr 30, 2018
radiokilla:

how many such Igbos do you know, who prefer Nigeria?

undecided The man below (along with his fellow 'Northern Igbos') refused to leave the North during the ultimatum saga, sotay they declared themselves 'Northern Igbos' in their desperation to remain in that part of Nigeria by all means. shocked

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Gov Obiano is expanding Ngozika and other new estates in Awka (photos) / APC Campaign Flag Off Empty Despite Massive Financial Inducement / #EndSARS: APC Chieftain Writes Buhari, Want Seaports Operations Moved From Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.