Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,826 members, 7,882,875 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 05:28 PM

Man Scammed Businessman Of N220K At Sheraton Hotel, Abuja. Photos - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Scammed Businessman Of N220K At Sheraton Hotel, Abuja. Photos (25013 Views)

Esther Isaac Asuquo Found Dead In Agete Hotel Abuja (Graphic Photos) / Ann: Nigerian Man Scammed My Heart, My Soul, My Money - American Woman / Pot-Bellied Man Caught On Camera Stealing At Transcorp Hilton Hotel, Abuja (Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Scammed Businessman Of N220K At Sheraton Hotel, Abuja. Photos by ipobarecriminals: 8:04pm On Apr 30, 2018
cool ipobarecriminals.Nah their trademark. Fl@thead Don develop Abuja too

1 Like

Re: Man Scammed Businessman Of N220K At Sheraton Hotel, Abuja. Photos by osazsky(m): 8:06pm On Apr 30, 2018
must be an ipob pig though I didn't read it,am certain.

1 Like

Re: Man Scammed Businessman Of N220K At Sheraton Hotel, Abuja. Photos by princeadams11: 8:07pm On Apr 30, 2018
SalamRushdie:

Exactly ..a slim person stands a better chance of scamming me than a big bellied person ... I hardly give chance for anything in life with a man with big tummy nothing at all ..I don't even want business from them..its so bad if I walk into a church with and see a pastor with big belly I immediately walk out
You and pot belly. Pray you don't get pot belly someday. Lol

1 Like

Re: Man Scammed Businessman Of N220K At Sheraton Hotel, Abuja. Photos by TOPCRUISE(m): 8:33pm On Apr 30, 2018
To report matter to police na serious wahala plus gbese. Why should they demand N50,000 from a victim of scam
Re: Man Scammed Businessman Of N220K At Sheraton Hotel, Abuja. Photos by Mightyify(m): 9:12pm On Apr 30, 2018
kingdenny:
The man used psychology on the victim and not jazz
He must have said "take this ecobank cheque " by so saying, the victim did not bother looking at the name of the bank on the cheque and dashed off. By using a posh environment he was able to throw the victim off guard.
The victim has learnt a harsh lesson in Nigeria business environment.
Rule no 5. Never accept cheque from people you don't know very well.
How on earth does he accept a cheque from someone that he doesn't know his business premises, his house or knows someone that knows him. Who does that? In a country like Nigeria.
I don't even trust instant transfers not to talk of cheques.

The only reasonable answer to that is he must have made lots of profit from that sales. So he was so much in a hurry to cash the money.

1 Like

Re: Man Scammed Businessman Of N220K At Sheraton Hotel, Abuja. Photos by Ade3000yrs(m): 9:13pm On Apr 30, 2018
from the look of his drowsy eyes and reckless tummy, you would deduce that the guy is 100% scam because i have been a victim of one too before.
Re: Man Scammed Businessman Of N220K At Sheraton Hotel, Abuja. Photos by dcole73: 9:29pm On Apr 30, 2018
OP, wrong impression you got.
That guy doesn't look well fed. He looks malnourished and unkempt.
Seems like he takes more of beer than food.

The best thing is to always cash cheques or at least confirm cheques by contacting a friend in a bank before letting go of any of your commodities. Now this wasn't even yours, why let go so easily?

Well, I guess the lesson has been learnt already. Try to be more observant next time; especially when such transaction is taking place outside of your office and outside your comfort zone.

Nice you took his picture.

2 Likes

Re: Man Scammed Businessman Of N220K At Sheraton Hotel, Abuja. Photos by Opentokwowledge: 9:36pm On Apr 30, 2018
Gosh! Op deserves the thrashing. How can a full blooded Nigerian fall to cheap scam like this?
Re: Man Scammed Businessman Of N220K At Sheraton Hotel, Abuja. Photos by Nobody: 9:47pm On Apr 30, 2018
miltonchux:

Report your case to the intelligent unit of the police with enough evidence, he will be arrested withing 1 week.

The bolded is the main challenge. I have just the phone number
Re: Man Scammed Businessman Of N220K At Sheraton Hotel, Abuja. Photos by toluxa1(m): 10:01pm On Apr 30, 2018
These guys are plenty in Abuja, they run a syndicate. I have also been a victim selling an IPhone 6s. Mine was fake bank alert. They are always 100% confident and you can't know it on their face. Even very jovial and lively. So many tricks up their sleeves. No need going into my own story. They perfectly understand the psychology of humans and use it well to their advantage. One just has to be extremely careful. And I honestly can't rule out the use of jazz to make their victims lose guard. You'll overlook small details that are important.
Re: Man Scammed Businessman Of N220K At Sheraton Hotel, Abuja. Photos by vertueptime: 11:25pm On Apr 30, 2018
A very good writeup, sorry for d scam but i really enjoyed the detailed story line, u shld try writing a book trust me u will sell
Re: Man Scammed Businessman Of N220K At Sheraton Hotel, Abuja. Photos by mfm04622: 12:29am On May 01, 2018
KOPT33:
Go and deposit the cheque, when it bounces, he will be reported to the CBN, who will in turn hand the matter over to the EFCC.

I can assure you that that man will be fished out in less than three months.

If there is any crime that elicits quick response from all the law enforcement arms of this country, it is cheque forgery and issuance of dud cheques.

Issuing a dud cheque is a financial crime that carries at least 5 years prison term without an option of fine.

The bank does not exist so he can't deposit it
Re: Man Scammed Businessman Of N220K At Sheraton Hotel, Abuja. Photos by PlainJAY(m): 12:58am On May 01, 2018
Cc funlord

1 Like

Re: Man Scammed Businessman Of N220K At Sheraton Hotel, Abuja. Photos by luvme0702: 2:53am On May 01, 2018
You see the problem with MTN numbers. Scammers prefer using their lines because they are not strict with sim registration and sim replacement. Anybody can walk in and use any name for both services. If they had gotten the correct info from the guy with a valid I'd card, tracing him would have been easy.
Re: Man Scammed Businessman Of N220K At Sheraton Hotel, Abuja. Photos by funlord(m): 5:50am On May 01, 2018
PlainJAY:
Cc funlord

Seen
Re: Man Scammed Businessman Of N220K At Sheraton Hotel, Abuja. Photos by tradepunter: 6:24am On May 01, 2018
Zabilon007:
grin
Also report those SARS, they are trying to scam you 50k. Crime fighting is free!!!

Yes it's free but they need the resources to fetch him out.. SARS are efficient in their job but you pay good, I know two occasions where they recovered a friends car after 3weeks of reporting it stolen. He dropped 150k for the fast track service and he didn't wanna use the normal service that will take couple of months.

SARS have a large network of informants in every car dealing shops to mechanic shops to spare parts shops. So when any thing major occurs they identify easily. I was surprised at their efficiency

1 Like

Re: Man Scammed Businessman Of N220K At Sheraton Hotel, Abuja. Photos by valentineuwakwe(m): 7:46am On May 01, 2018
by mere looking at this man, you will see that this man is full of fraud..it is showing al over him but am surprise you fell so easily for him....now you are paying for debts you never knew of.....you hv learnt your lesson....he is still around in Abuja, one dy luck will ran out him...just be watchful and double your hussle now with smartness..no form mugu again...cheers
Re: Man Scammed Businessman Of N220K At Sheraton Hotel, Abuja. Photos by Gwazah(m): 10:09am On May 01, 2018
Evablizin:

SARS, is one the problems we have in this Nigeria,someone is weeping because of 220k and they told him to bring 50k,like seriously?
u never track before thats why u are talking so. The process is not sponsored by the government.
Re: Man Scammed Businessman Of N220K At Sheraton Hotel, Abuja. Photos by ashala(m): 3:12pm On May 01, 2018
KOPT33:
Go and deposit the cheque, when it bounces, he will be reported to the CBN, who will in turn hand the matter over to the EFCC.

If there is any crime that elicits quick response from all the law enforcement arms of this country, it is cheque forgery and issuance of dud cheques.

Issuing a dud cheque is a financial crime that carries at least 5 years prison term without an option of fine.

Dear Huncle, which bank is he going to deposit the cheque abi you wan resurrect Oceanic Bank? undecided
Re: Man Scammed Businessman Of N220K At Sheraton Hotel, Abuja. Photos by showafrica(m): 4:29pm On May 01, 2018
asawanathegreat:
419 is not thief is just a game anybody can play it. Don't quote me ooo

I think so bc, everybody dey scam everyone for this country including the president.
Re: Man Scammed Businessman Of N220K At Sheraton Hotel, Abuja. Photos by fajob: 4:48pm On May 01, 2018
lets talk:

Mobile/Whatsapp: 07038641600

www.jolagict.com.

1. Web Design
2. Web Programing/Development
3. Digital Marketing

we are expert in
*Html,CSS,Bootstrap,Javascript,JQuery,PHP,Mysql
*Blog Design,content management systems (CMS) such as
Webpagemaker,Frontpage, wordpress, joomla, drupal,
ecommerce platforms such as opencart, magento, Abante cart,WHMCS, prestashop.
Re: Man Scammed Businessman Of N220K At Sheraton Hotel, Abuja. Photos by asawanathegreat(m): 7:56pm On May 01, 2018
showafrica:

I think so bc, everybody dey scam everyone for this country including the president.
hahaha Bros Nawa for u oo.
Re: Man Scammed Businessman Of N220K At Sheraton Hotel, Abuja. Photos by boyjo: 3:15pm On May 02, 2018
KOPT33:

But at which Oceanic bank should he submit the cheque since Oceanic is non-existent, no physical buildinganywhere?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

7 Students Arrested By EFCC For Internet Fraud In Calabar / Soldier Shoots His Superior In Borno / Driver Absconds With Company's Vehicle And Money In Rivers State. Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.