Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,202 members, 7,873,897 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 08:48 PM

Donald Trump Condemns Killings Of Nigerian Christians in Meeting with Buhari - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Donald Trump Condemns Killings Of Nigerian Christians in Meeting with Buhari (78740 Views)

Obaseki In Meeting With Secondus, Wike, Tambuwal, Others / Gains We Have Made On Different Fronts, By Buhari In Meeting With British P.M / Osinbajo In Meeting With Magu And Mattew Seiyefa, Acting DSS DG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Donald Trump Condemns Killings Of Nigerian Christians in Meeting with Buhari by brownhawk: 11:38am On May 01, 2018
princfred:
Deflecting off point as usual and expected. After i counter this your new point who knows what else you will bleat?
just keep walking away. Pig of biafra cheesy
Re: Donald Trump Condemns Killings Of Nigerian Christians in Meeting with Buhari by princfred(m): 11:50am On May 01, 2018
brownhawk:
just keep walking away. Pig of biafra cheesy
Off point. Bleat on.....Bleat on.
Re: Donald Trump Condemns Killings Of Nigerian Christians in Meeting with Buhari by Nobody: 4:28pm On May 01, 2018
Demayour:
As much as I got excited reading this news, a reminder from some comments made me realise that truly, America is doing all in the interests of her people and nothing else. And if I'm to look at it that way, I can conclude that America has foreseen a Muslim dominated Nigeria as a threat to her interest and therefore everything must be done to ensure the safety and domination of Christianity. It seems Christianity after all, is more open to neocolonialism than Islam.
Howbeit, President Trump is indeed a president who will always stand for his people.

You are spot on. He sees this as a huge threat and has resolved to nip this before this gets out of control and reaches American interests
Re: Donald Trump Condemns Killings Of Nigerian Christians in Meeting with Buhari by Nobody: 4:37pm On May 01, 2018
Please lets not argue amongst ourselves about religion. Pres.Trumps says this is about the killing of Christians. I can guarantee you that he cares less about that and more about this impacting American soil in the future, i.e. terrorist attacks.

1 Like

Re: Donald Trump Condemns Killings Of Nigerian Christians in Meeting with Buhari by amunites19(m): 5:50pm On May 01, 2018
I saw that in white house's official broadcast they talked about protection for all faiths, this is like only Trump's speech grin
Re: Donald Trump Condemns Killings Of Nigerian Christians in Meeting with Buhari by Nobody: 5:56pm On May 01, 2018
Please see above comment. This is a play from Politics 101. Well, American anyway. Dont get involved in other people's problems unless it may affect you in some way.

Although this is a human's rights issue, Trump has never been concerned about human's rights issues.
Re: Donald Trump Condemns Killings Of Nigerian Christians in Meeting with Buhari by joudini(m): 6:03pm On May 01, 2018
hiawathia1981:
Please see above comment. This is a play from Politics 101. Well, American anyway. Dont get involved in other people's problems unless it may affect you in some way.

I feel like you are on to something but it's either you haven't found the clarity to express it or it's illogical to you. Why should Trump not be worried about sectarian crises in the largest populated nation in Africa? Are you remotely aware of the consequences if there is justified retaliation?
Re: Donald Trump Condemns Killings Of Nigerian Christians in Meeting with Buhari by Nobody: 6:10pm On May 01, 2018
Of course he should care. But Im sorry, are we not talking about the same person who called countries in Africa 's** holes and didnt want them in America. His policy has always been America first and a businessman secondly. At times those priorities reverse. So why the change of heart?? I doubt he has had a Damascus road experience. I think he cares to some extent but Im saying the motives are to be questioned.

Besides, I was addressing a comment about it being muslim vs christianity issue. And I don't believe it is truly about that. There is a bigger picture at play.
Re: Donald Trump Condemns Killings Of Nigerian Christians in Meeting with Buhari by joudini(m): 6:20pm On May 01, 2018
hiawathia1981:
Of course he should care. But Im sorry, are we not talking about the same person who called countries in Africa 's** holes and didnt want them in America. His policy has always been America first and a businessman secondly. At times those priorities reverse. So why the change of heart?? I doubt he has had a Damascus road experience. I think he cares to some extent but Im saying the motives are to be questioned.

At this moment, the motive is irrelevant. What Trump has said isn't any different from what the Pope said a few days ago concerning the killings of Christians in Nigeria. The reality is that there has been unprovoked widescale destruction of people and property in Nigeria. It is unacceptable. Violence in self defence is inevitable if it persists.

1 Like

Re: Donald Trump Condemns Killings Of Nigerian Christians in Meeting with Buhari by Nobody: 6:25pm On May 01, 2018
joudini:

At this moment, the motive is irrelevant. What Trump has said isn't any different from what the Pope said a few days ago concerning the killings of Christians in Nigeria. The reality is that there has been unprovoked widescale destruction of people and property in Nigeria. It is unacceptable. Violence in self defence is inevitable if it persists.

I agree. Good points.
Now, we established the why. What do you think the how will be or when? BC he has to get approval from Congress to do so.
Re: Donald Trump Condemns Killings Of Nigerian Christians in Meeting with Buhari by joudini(m): 6:30pm On May 01, 2018
hiawathia1981:

I agree. Good points.
Now, we established the why. What do you think the how will be or when? BC he has to get approval from Congress to do so.

Approval from Congress to do what? Trump is not calling for war, is he? This is disturbing how a call for end to sectarian crises is being interpreted.
Re: Donald Trump Condemns Killings Of Nigerian Christians in Meeting with Buhari by Nobody: 6:41pm On May 01, 2018
I didnt say or imply war. I asked how. He stated that he would not accept it and that "we are going to be working on that problem very very very hard." So he will just say a stern"Stop" and thats the end.?? No.i dont think so.

Dont get me wrong, he was right to speak out.

Anyway, nice discussion.
Re: Donald Trump Condemns Killings Of Nigerian Christians in Meeting with Buhari by joudini(m): 6:49pm On May 01, 2018
hiawathia1981:
I didnt say or imply war. I asked how. He stated that he would not accept it and that "we are going to be working on that problem very very very hard." So he will just say a stern"Stop" and thats the end.?? No.i dont think so.

Dont get me wrong, he was right to speak out.

Anyway, nice discussion.

The public hasn't been informed of the operational plans between both countries. So any discussion on that front, is at best, speculation.

*If you are replying someone, you could use the "quote" button.*
Re: Donald Trump Condemns Killings Of Nigerian Christians in Meeting with Buhari by Nobody: 6:54pm On May 01, 2018
You are right.

Side note, Im confused about the quoting function. Some people say u shouldnt quote if the comment is in close proximity and now u have said I should. So..

It was good to have a debate without resorting to insults.

1 Like

Re: Donald Trump Condemns Killings Of Nigerian Christians in Meeting with Buhari by joudini(m): 7:05pm On May 01, 2018
hiawathia1981:
You are right.

Side note, Im confused about the quoting function. Some people say u shouldnt quote if the comment is in close proximity and now u have said I should. So..

It was good to have a debate without resorting to insults.

Quote the person you are replying if that is your intention. If the thread is a "hot topic", before you type and submit your comment, there would have been tens of comments before yours. People use "don't quote me" when addressing known trolls.

I don't have to resort to insults while debating unless necessary. It's the ethos of communication.

1 Like

Re: Donald Trump Condemns Killings Of Nigerian Christians in Meeting with Buhari by Habibatuley23: 9:49am On May 02, 2018
MYHUBBY:

then your people would be the next victim of his political game plan

Imagine such a silly thought of you sounding like a numskull as not to know every Nigerian is my people include dying fan of wailing lazy youths like yourself and your cohorts all,you re my people too ok.

Finally keep in mind one day everyone will be no more take it or leave it.
Re: Donald Trump Condemns Killings Of Nigerian Christians in Meeting with Buhari by MYHUBBY: 9:58am On May 02, 2018
Habibatuley23:

Imagine such a silly thought of you sounding like a numskull as not to know every Nigerian is my people include dying fan of wailing lazy youths like yourself and your cohorts all,you re my people too ok.

Finally keep in mind one day everyone will be no more take it or leave it.

sharap there morons, Nigerian are my people. you& your grammatical error

if I need to tell you what numskull is, you would be ashamed to even quote me again

with your inconsistent approaches, you lord have reverse his statement that he's talking jobless youths in north and not south. so continue defending his confusion

lost soul
Re: Donald Trump Condemns Killings Of Nigerian Christians in Meeting with Buhari by Habibatuley23: 10:08am On May 02, 2018
MYHUBBY:

sharap there morons, Nigerian are my people. you& your grammatical error

if I need to tell you what numskull is, you would be ashamed to even quote me again

with your inconsistent approaches, you lord have reverse his statement that he's talking jobless youths in north and not south. so continue defending his confusion

lost soul

What is this one saying as if he as completely lost some senses.
Re: Donald Trump Condemns Killings Of Nigerian Christians in Meeting with Buhari by MYHUBBY: 10:15am On May 02, 2018
Habibatuley23:

What is this one saying as if he as completely lost some senses.

if you can't comprehend my simple sentences

I said you should shove your incoherent approaches to your ass. buhari is a confused old man that need maximum rest. who say you can't become president in 2019

why are you people antagonizing Nigeria development. no development can move on with buhari, not even on education

as corrupt as that stupid gej was, Nigeria had a boom record on education during his regime but reverse is the case during buhari regime yet he's still blaming and blaming

1 Like

Re: Donald Trump Condemns Killings Of Nigerian Christians in Meeting with Buhari by Habibatuley23: 2:43pm On May 02, 2018
MYHUBBY:

if you can't comprehend my simple sentences

I said you should shove your incoherent approaches to your ass. buhari is a confused old man that need maximum rest. who say you can't become president in 2019

why are you people antagonizing Nigeria development. no development can move on with buhari, not even on education

as corrupt as that stupid gej was, Nigeria had a boom record on education during his regime but reverse is the case during buhari regime yet he's still blaming and blaming

No development u said? Are u freaking kidding urself maybe u re just waking up from slumber ko wailing wailing and wailing are u not tired I will advice u get a life for all this nonsense u spit about no development in this regime is nothing but Shere blasphemy.

Go and check very well come back and correct yourself.
Re: Donald Trump Condemns Killings Of Nigerian Christians in Meeting with Buhari by MYHUBBY: 2:58pm On May 02, 2018
Habibatuley23:

No development u said? Are u freaking kidding urself maybe u re just waking up from slumber ko wailing wailing and wailing are u not tired I will advice u get a life for all this nonsense u spit about no development in this regime is nothing but Shere blasphemy.

Go and check very well come back and correct yourself.

what's worth checking in that boring administration, you should prove your point with pictorial evidences, I'm tired of you folk empirical analysis
Re: Donald Trump Condemns Killings Of Nigerian Christians in Meeting with Buhari by Habibatuley23: 3:17pm On May 02, 2018
MYHUBBY:

what's worth checking in that boring administration, you should prove your point with pictorial evidences, I'm tired of you folk empirical analysis

Tired my ass is there anything stopping you from seeing improvement in power sector what of security not even to mention international relation or infrastructure. I can go on and on. But u won't see it why because hatred as filled your mind and ve blur your sense of reasoning.
Imagine u compare 16yrs with just 4yrs of administration believe that things can just work over night.
Re: Donald Trump Condemns Killings Of Nigerian Christians in Meeting with Buhari by MYHUBBY: 3:22pm On May 02, 2018
Habibatuley23:

Tired my ass is there anything stopping you from seeing improvement in power sector what of security not even to mention international relation or infrastructure. I can go on and on. But u won't see it why because hatred as filled your mind and ve blur your sense of reasoning.
Imagine u compare 16yrs with just 4yrs of administration believe that things can just work over night.

pictorial evidence to back your references or remain silent till thy kingdom come
Re: Donald Trump Condemns Killings Of Nigerian Christians in Meeting with Buhari by Habibatuley23: 3:24pm On May 02, 2018
MYHUBBY:

pictorial evidence to back your references or remain silent till thy kingdom come

Blah Blah Blahhhhhh
Re: Donald Trump Condemns Killings Of Nigerian Christians in Meeting with Buhari by MYHUBBY: 3:28pm On May 02, 2018
Habibatuley23:

Blah Blah Blahhhhhh

I know you won't. you can't be sensitive than the dummy you're defending
Re: Donald Trump Condemns Killings Of Nigerian Christians in Meeting with Buhari by MYHUBBY: 3:28pm On May 02, 2018
Habibatuley23:

Blah Blah Blahhhhhh

Re: Donald Trump Condemns Killings Of Nigerian Christians in Meeting with Buhari by Habibatuley23: 3:33pm On May 02, 2018
MYHUBBY:

Blah blah blah
Re: Donald Trump Condemns Killings Of Nigerian Christians in Meeting with Buhari by maxtreme: 5:32pm On May 02, 2018
emmasege:
If you were only half schooled, you'd understand the meaning of 'partly responsible'. Intelligent minds understood the international conspiracy that played out as we approached the 2015 elections. Only unintelligent minds like yours reason otherwise.
As if you understood all you said, if he likes Buhari personally, na by force make Nigerians vote am abi una no know say Nigerians wanted PDP out so badly? Una don forget?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Bandits Attack Presidential Guards After Threat To Kidnap Buhari / Appeal Court Upholds Oshiomhole's Suspension - Daily Trust / How A Service Chief Greeted Osinbajo Today At African Union Peace Event (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.