Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,384 members, 7,947,626 topics. Date: Friday, 13 September 2024 at 04:25 AM

Five Essential Truths About​ Marriage​ From The Bible - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Five Essential Truths About​ Marriage​ From The Bible (452 Views)

What The Bible Says About Marriage / 16 Ways To Choose A Wife, According To The Bible / Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Five Essential Truths About​ Marriage​ From The Bible by TheInformant: 9:35pm On May 01, 2018
FIVE ESSENTIAL TRUTHS ABOUT MARRIAGE FROM THE BIBLE

TESTIMONY FROM REAL COUPLE

Sue and I have just recently celebrated our 37 anniversary of marriage. I thank God daily for my beautiful wife and best friend. It has not always been smooth sailing, and there was a point in our marriage where I had to truly repent to God and to Sue for an unhealthy attitude I had as a husband, but transformation took place, and we have thrived and grown together since. Even when I am traveling, Sue and I make it a point to Facetime daily, to pray together and to connect. I can say with all sincerity that our partnership in marriage just keeps getting better and better.

Many people will get married in their lifetime, and there is a reason. Not only is marriage the place where new generations are birthed, it is the place where we create the strongest example of mutual love and service. A healthy marriage is the foundation of a healthy family, healthy families are foundational to healthy churches and the Church is the backbone of a society that is righteous and prosperous.
The partnership between a man and a woman in matrimony, committed to one another for life, is not just a building block of society; it is essential to the structure. That is why it is absolutely essential that we understand marriage from a biblical perspective so that we can be rooted in truth when developing our own families and preparing for the future. The Word of God provides a foundation for a marriage that is both deeply fulfilling and romantic- the kind of marriage that we hope for when we say “I do”.

Here are five essential truths about marriage from the Bible.
The following scripture is key to understanding marriage; it is quoted by both Jesus and Paul in the NT, and defines marriage.
“ The man said, “This is now bone of my bones, And flesh of my flesh; She shall be called Woman, Because she was taken out of Man.” For this reason a man shall leave his father and his mother, and be joined to his wife; and they shall become one flesh. (Genesis 2:23-24)

1. LEAVING AND CLEAVING

A man shall leave his father and his mother . From the beginning, we were told not to bring our family members into marriage. Marriage is the beginning of a new family unit , and to treat it as otherwise ultimately disrupts the sacred union between a man and wife. When Sue and I first got married in 1979, I had been very close with my sister, as she had helped raise me as a child. But involving her in my marriage only created tension. When you get married, you must continue to honor you father and mother, and love and serve your family, but your spouse is your first priority.

2. MARRIAGE IS BETWEEN ONE MAN AND ONE WOMAN

The undisputable definition of marriage is between a man and a woman. In order to be fruitful, both literally and figuratively, marriage must join together a man and a woman. Although some may attempt to define marriage as otherwise, as the people of God we cannot compromise on what we believe or what we stand for. We are called to be the salt and light to society, to bring Truth even in the face of adversity.

Full article at http://loverion.com.ng/five-essential-truths-about-marriage-from-the-bible/

(1) (Reply)

"Sometimes,it Is Better To Be Raped Than Have An Abortion"---bishop / Hello Everybody,get Connected With Chief Native Doctor Awogbemi For The Best Sol / The Holyspirit, Our Helper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.