Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,453 members, 7,950,961 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 07:45 AM

How Do I Recover Money From Fake Foreign Currency Changers At Allen Avenue - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Do I Recover Money From Fake Foreign Currency Changers At Allen Avenue (1309 Views)

Temporary Suspension Of Foreign Currency Cash Deposits / CCTV Caught Ladies Shoplifting At A Store On Allen Avenue Ikeja, Lagos (photo) / .::. Scam Alert : Omowunmi Allen And The Pre-order Mess .::. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Recover Money From Fake Foreign Currency Changers At Allen Avenue by FX(m): 9:43pm On May 19, 2010
My guys I went to change just 100 US dollars
at allen avenue yesterday but cos I was
in a haste I decided to change it with
one guy at allen junction cos he approached
me n was marketing me seriously. So I agreed
. He exchange for me at 152 Naira,/dollar.
He gave me 15200 Naira which I counted
n I left d scene. I didnt even move up to
10 metres away n sometin prompted me to
recount d money only to find out 6000
Naira has varnished from d money. That is d new trend at allen
Re: How Do I Recover Money From Fake Foreign Currency Changers At Allen Avenue by gmcbiz(m): 7:25am On May 20, 2010
so u think its magic or what?
Re: How Do I Recover Money From Fake Foreign Currency Changers At Allen Avenue by stagger: 3:08pm On May 21, 2010
My guy, you need to be very careful when changing money. Go to the Bereau de Change to buy dollars, and when converting dollars to Naira, use the mallams. The mallams have a union and a code of conduct. Once you are a customer of one person, no other person is allowed to do business with you. You use that mallam forever.

That's the system at Sheraton Abuja. I do not know about Allen Avenue.
Re: How Do I Recover Money From Fake Foreign Currency Changers At Allen Avenue by okechukwu3: 11:47pm On May 21, 2010
They did it to me last month,i will get back to them one day and i must recover my money,i am just strtegizing on the best approach to take.
Re: How Do I Recover Money From Fake Foreign Currency Changers At Allen Avenue by gowaga68: 3:55pm On May 23, 2010
my friend ,
sorry to hear that but when dealing with such kind just like what some one said here go to BDC or get a mallam u know thats deals with such not street mallam but one with good reputation
Re: How Do I Recover Money From Fake Foreign Currency Changers At Allen Avenue by kenmaro: 10:03am On Jun 04, 2010
Its a common thing at Allen, it has happened to a friend. When changing money at Allen, always avoid using those southern boys(yoruba boys & others) there. They are all fraudsters waiting to swindle unsuspecting clients of their hard earned money. The mallams there are ok and you should always take your time to do your transactions at anytime and at any location. Never be in a haste!
Re: How Do I Recover Money From Fake Foreign Currency Changers At Allen Avenue by Naija4ward(m): 5:03pm On Jun 11, 2010
Better still use a bureau de change with established offices or change your money online at www.prominencebdc.com
Re: How Do I Recover Money From Fake Foreign Currency Changers At Allen Avenue by temisafety: 4:34pm On Jun 14, 2010
Why not report it to the police, whether something comes out of it or not.

Based on what they did to someone I know, I decided to
1. never buy from a street person. Never even answer them when they are calling.
2. buy only from an established office. Make sure they stamp the money they give you. Ask for their business card and compare card and stamp. Not fool proof though, they help.

Even when you bring dollars to sell, shine your eyes so they don't trickily change what you brought with fake ones. They did it to my man.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Recover Money From Fake Foreign Currency Changers At Allen Avenue by rydeorsail(m): 10:09am On Jun 15, 2010
never change ur money on the road, try work into there office, i change at allen or nanco at airport those guys are reliable.once beatten twice shy
Re: How Do I Recover Money From Fake Foreign Currency Changers At Allen Avenue by Fhemmmy: 2:28pm On Jun 16, 2010
I was a victim the last time i was in Nigeria . . . . It sucks and makes your stomach turn.
Nothing could be done about it . . . Blame the govt that wont allow people to walk into a bank and change money easily
Re: How Do I Recover Money From Fake Foreign Currency Changers At Allen Avenue by Consensus: 10:11am On Jun 17, 2010
Very sad. I also heard the ones standing outside airport hotel, Ikeja do the same. Last time I came to Lagos from Abuja. The hotel staff advised me to go airport hotel to change currency, but re-iterated that I should go inside the actual office.
Re: How Do I Recover Money From Fake Foreign Currency Changers At Allen Avenue by Loveaflame(m): 5:22pm On Jun 23, 2010
It's quite a pity.You can report to the police authority.At least even though you don't get the real person that did it to you,they can at least be arrested to stop others from being a victim.
Re: How Do I Recover Money From Fake Foreign Currency Changers At Allen Avenue by manmustwac(m): 10:42pm On Jun 25, 2010

(1) (Reply)

Exportation Of Charcoal And Cassava / Voicesms/robocalls In Nigeria / Using Cold Calling Method For Your Startup Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.