Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,381 members, 7,891,647 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 04:42 PM

Help! My Phone was Stolen today. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Help! My Phone was Stolen today. (2312 Views)

My Phone Was Stolen And Money Withdrawn From My Bank Account / My Phone Was Stolen And My Firstbank Account Was Debited Without My Pin ! / Pepper In Vagina Saga: No Phone Was Missing, Police CP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! My Phone was Stolen today. by Nobody: 10:30pm On May 02, 2018
Updated! I have recovered the casing of my phone and the IMEI number, please help me with sincere assistance on how I can retrieve the phone. Thanks in anticipation.
Hi, Good evening my good people of Nairaland. A guy I thought as a friend came visiting and eventually stole my phone and zoomed off while I was asleep.
The incident happened this afternoon, I got to know him through my younger brother and since then he has been coming around. When he came in today, I cooked and we ate together and I decided to take a nap. I then woke with the guy and my phone no where to be found. My phone number has not been reachable since then neither do his.

Note that I have been able to put a restriction to my bank accounts whose mobile apps are on my phone, I have also blocked my phone number.

His phone number is 08132232084.
I have his photos and Facebook username, Please kindly advise How I can track this guy.
Thanks in advance...

I will post his pictures later....

Cc: OAM4J, Mynd44.

Re: Help! My Phone was Stolen today. by Ytea(f): 10:59pm On May 02, 2018
Go to the nearest police station with the pack if the phone, they'll track it down for 10k.

2 Likes

Re: Help! My Phone was Stolen today. by Nobody: 12:22am On May 03, 2018
Ytea:
Go to the nearest police station with the pack if the phone, they'll track it down for 10k.
ok, but I don`t think I have the pack of the phone anymore.
Re: Help! My Phone was Stolen today. by CecicliaGarcia: 7:17am On May 03, 2018
I think there should be some imporant things need to do except let police man help you once you couldn't find your phone.
1. Change the passwords of important accounts

Once you lose your phone, the most important thing is to change the passcodes of the accounts that you have signed in on the device. To achieve that, you can login to your accounts on computer and then go with the instructions on the screen to change the passwords. This would protect the security of your personal information and property.

2. Contact the phone carrier

After changing the passcodes, the next step you need to do is to contact your carrier and tell it that the phone is lost or stolen. Then the carrier will stop the service and start the process of getting your number transferred to a new device. Now the people who steal your phone will not be able to do anything on your phone so you do not need to worry that your families or friends would be cheated.

3. Inform your employer

If the phone you lose is a work phone, you cannot forget to inform your employer. That's because the phone saves the information of your clients and colleagues and work-related files. So it would be a big problem if the thief reveals these data. What's more, after knowing the truth, your company can take preventive steps to secure its data. For example, your company might be able to delete the data on your phone remotely.

4. Wipe your phone remotely

At last, remember to erase the data on your phone which can 100% guarantee the security of your phone data. But you are only suggested to do this operation when you absolutely ensure that the phone is stolen cause these erased data is unable to be recovered unless you have backed up them to computer or other device in advance.
Re: Help! My Phone was Stolen today. by rifasenate11(m): 7:22am On May 03, 2018
ok.. you don't know this guy too well and you allow him to live with you. congrats.

2 Likes

Re: Help! My Phone was Stolen today. by Nobody: 6:17pm On May 03, 2018
CecicliaGarcia:
I think there should be some imporant things need to do except let police man help you once you couldn't find your phone.
1. Change the passwords of important accounts

Once you lose your phone, the most important thing is to change the passcodes of the accounts that you have signed in on the device. To achieve that, you can login to your accounts on computer and then go with the instructions on the screen to change the passwords. This would protect the security of your personal information and property.

2. Contact the phone carrier

After changing the passcodes, the next step you need to do is to contact your carrier and tell it that the phone is lost or stolen. Then the carrier will stop the service and start the process of getting your number transferred to a new device. Now the people who steal your phone will not be able to do anything on your phone so you do not need to worry that your families or friends would be cheated.

3. Inform your employer

If the phone you lose is a work phone, you cannot forget to inform your employer. That's because the phone saves the information of your clients and colleagues and work-related files. So it would be a big problem if the thief reveals these data. What's more, after knowing the truth, your company can take preventive steps to secure its data. For example, your company might be able to delete the data on your phone remotely.

4. Wipe your phone remotely

At last, remember to erase the data on your phone which can 100% guarantee the security of your phone data. But you are only suggested to do this operation when you absolutely ensure that the phone is stolen cause these erased data is unable to be recovered unless you have backed up them to computer or other device in advance.
Thanks for this info. I have been able to change the passwords of the applications I have on the phone. I now have the guys complete face book name+his photos, I would have dropped the photos here, but for security reasons. I have the intention of reporting to the police now. I also have the phone number of his close friend, the person he lives with.
Re: Help! My Phone was Stolen today. by Nobody: 6:20pm On May 03, 2018
rifasenate11:
ok.. you don't know this guy too well and you allow him to live with you. congrats.

He was not living with me, He came around as a friend to chill for few hours.
Re: Help! My Phone was Stolen today. by joeokoriem: 12:00pm On May 04, 2018
Are u a boy or a girl
Re: Help! My Phone was Stolen today. by call4shola(m): 2:18am On May 05, 2018
Ytea:

hi ytea I have a similar issue, I was told to bring 60k by d police, this really pissed me off, value of my phone is 80k, how would i use 60k to track it. pls send me your Email I would be glad if u can help. Or send me a mail pls on solaakinbo112@yahoo.com.

Thanks.
Re: Help! My Phone was Stolen today. by Nobody: 7:17am On May 05, 2018
joeokoriem:
Are u a boy or a girl
Bro, I am a boy.
Re: Help! My Phone was Stolen today. by TechCapon(m): 3:51pm On Sep 09, 2018
luveth:

Bro, I am a boy.
what's the name and model of the phone
Re: Help! My Phone was Stolen today. by NobodyKnows(m): 4:20pm On Sep 09, 2018
call4shola:

hi ytea I have a similar issue, I was told to bring 60k by d police, this really pissed me off, value of my phone is 80k, how would i use 60k to track it. pls send me your Email I would be glad if u can help. Or send me a mail pls on solaakinbo112@yahoo.com.

Thanks.
60k ?
Jeez.

Only if you and the op’s phones are iPhones and you on “find my iPhone” before it was stolen
Then the thief can’t do shit with the phone.
And you can see the location the moment the phone comes online .
And other cool stuffs like that .

Except the thief knows your Apple ID and password though . Lol
Re: Help! My Phone was Stolen today. by NobodyKnows(m): 4:21pm On Sep 09, 2018
TechCapon:
I think OP is an unserious fellow .
All that write up and he refused to mention the brand and model of the phone at least .
Re: Help! My Phone was Stolen today. by Hoodbilonia: 6:20am On Sep 10, 2018
weneva i have a big stranger esp males
i hide my system and other expensive stuffs .
if na girl.no p.
i lock up everywhr and keep hide the keys
sleep comfortably
mai side.u cant escape just like that.
in dj khaled voice.
ah got
ah got
i got the keys

1 Like

Re: Help! My Phone was Stolen today. by Dwhyte(m): 7:06am On Sep 10, 2018
luveth:

Thanks for this info. I have been able to change the passwords of the applications I have on the phone. I now have the guys complete face book name+his photos, I would have dropped the photos here, but for security reasons. I have the intention of reporting to the police now. I also have the phone number of his close friend, the person he lives with.
Police is not your friend mn
Hope you keep change for pocket?
Re: Help! My Phone was Stolen today. by Dwhyte(m): 7:08am On Sep 10, 2018
joeokoriem:
Are u a boy or a girl
Afonja spotted here
Re: Help! My Phone was Stolen today. by Nobody: 1:36pm On Sep 10, 2018
TechCapon:

Gionee F103 Pro.
Re: Help! My Phone was Stolen today. by Nobody: 1:37pm On Sep 10, 2018
NobodyKnows:

I think OP is an unserious fellow .
All that write up and he refused to mention the brand and model of the phone at least .

I am sorry for the omission.

Gionee F103 Pro.
Re: Help! My Phone was Stolen today. by osemoses1234(m): 4:49pm On Sep 10, 2018
So ur guy no fit just thief phone in peace again

(1) (Reply)

Mom Heartbroken After Smelling Weed On Her Daughters (Photos) / Lady Kidnapped, Tied With Blocks & Thrown Into A Well In Portharcourt (Graphic ) / After Hoodlum Loot Kindsway Building. They Left Their Phone In The Building

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.