Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,624 members, 7,924,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 17 August 2024 at 10:28 PM

My All Time Greatest Footballer Is Ronaldo, Not Cristiano - Mourinho - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / My All Time Greatest Footballer Is Ronaldo, Not Cristiano - Mourinho (925 Views)

Ronaldo Not Bigger Player Than Me, Messi Remains Greatest Footballer- E. Hazard / EPL: Michael Owen Names Ronaldo, Henry In His All-Time Greatest XI (Full List) / Messi: I'm Not Cristiano Ronaldo, I Can't Win Big Matches Alone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My All Time Greatest Footballer Is Ronaldo, Not Cristiano - Mourinho by Hotsports: 5:59pm On May 03, 2018
Manchester United manager, Jose Mourinho made a shocking revelation in the late Sir Bobby Robson’s documentary where he chose the “Brazilian Ronaldo” as his greatest footballer rather than the 5-time Ballon d’Or winner, Cristiano Ronaldo.

Ronaldo is yet having another stellar season at the Santiago Bernabeu, having helped Madrid reach their third consecutive Champions League final and shattering numerous European goals record.

In Mourinho’s effort at eulogizing the late Barcelona’ manager, the Portuguese had revealed “Ronaldo Nazario, the best Ronaldo EVER!”

“I never saw the same, I never saw the same,”

“He understood the Brazilian kid personality and at the same time, he gave him the freedom to allow him allowed him to play on the pitch.

“I remember Bobby every day. A person only dies when the last person who loves him dies.” Mourinho said.

Barcelona under the late Bobby Robson signed Delima Ronaldo from PSV Eindoven in 1996, when Jose Mourinho’s served as an assistant coach at Camp Nou.

The Portuguese manager’s three years spell (2010-2013) at Real Madrid saw him managing his fellow countryman where he won just a La Liga and Copa Del Rey title.

“Delima” Ronaldo won 3 Ballon d’Or award in his two-decade-long footballing career, winning two FIFA World Cup titles with the Brazilian national team.

Brazilian Ronaldo one year spell at Barcelona in the 1996/1997 season saw him score a massive 47 goals in 49 appearances before moving to Internazionale.

The three times world footballer of the year later returned to the Spanish capital in 2002 where he helped Real Madrid win two La Liga titles in his five years stay at the Bernabeu.

Football commentators around the world have regarded Mou’s statement as a jibe to the Portuguese Captain whose relationship with him has further deteriorated since he left Real Madrid.

Cristiano Ronaldo Ronaldo has surpassed almost all Delima’s football record but has not been able to win the FIFA World Cup like the Brazilian striker who had two triumphs with Selecao team.

Source: http://hotsportstv.com/mourinho-my-all-time-greatest-is-ronaldo-not-cristiano/

Re: My All Time Greatest Footballer Is Ronaldo, Not Cristiano - Mourinho by OMNIVIRUS(m): 6:11pm On May 03, 2018
Eeeya.... CR7 has four Ucl medals de Lima has none... so world cup shouldn't be the only gauge for greatness
Re: My All Time Greatest Footballer Is Ronaldo, Not Cristiano - Mourinho by medexico(m): 6:19pm On May 03, 2018
I like Mourinho bit he is a basketmouth
Re: My All Time Greatest Footballer Is Ronaldo, Not Cristiano - Mourinho by Paulpaulpaul(m): 6:54pm On May 03, 2018
OMNIVIRUS:
Eeeya.... CR7 has four Ucl medals de Lima has none... so world cup shouldn't be the only gauge for greatness

3 Baloon d'or in his time was something
Re: My All Time Greatest Footballer Is Ronaldo, Not Cristiano - Mourinho by KevinDein: 7:47pm On May 03, 2018
Paulpaulpaul:

3 Baloon d'or in his time was something
Three ballon dor when it was not a popularity contest as it is these days. Then you really have to be the best player to win it; Zidane, Real Ronaldo (de Lima), Rivaldo, Figo etc.

Now all you need is a very good team that does all the work for you while you pop up with tap ins and penalties.

2 Likes

Re: My All Time Greatest Footballer Is Ronaldo, Not Cristiano - Mourinho by KevinDein: 7:48pm On May 03, 2018
BTW, the only people that think Ronaldo is somehow close to Messi are Real Madrid and Man Utd fans. Almost every neutral out there knows Messi is planets ahead of Ronaldo.

2 Likes

Re: My All Time Greatest Footballer Is Ronaldo, Not Cristiano - Mourinho by babakb: 8:58pm On May 03, 2018
Cr7 is UCL top scorer for 5 consecutive seasons and counting.
Cr7 has the highest assist in champions league history and counting
Re: My All Time Greatest Footballer Is Ronaldo, Not Cristiano - Mourinho by Nobody: 6:45am On May 04, 2018
KevinDein:

Three ballon dor when it was not a popularity contest as it is these days. Then you really have to be the best player to win it; Zidane, Real Ronaldo (de Lima), Rivaldo, Figo etc.

Now all you need is a very good team that does all the work for you while you pop up with tap ins and penalties.
Quite exact and explicit. you are just on point!
Re: My All Time Greatest Footballer Is Ronaldo, Not Cristiano - Mourinho by Nobody: 7:02am On May 04, 2018
2 World cup trophy no be beans o... Champions league never baff for where world cup dey

(1) (Reply)

See What Liverpool FC Will Do To Real Madrid / FA Community Shield / Arsene Wenger All Smiles As He’s Honoured By George Weah In Liberia. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.