Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,124 members, 7,922,733 topics. Date: Friday, 16 August 2024 at 12:09 PM

TSA: N1.6b Illegal Bank Charges Recovered From One Bank - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / TSA: N1.6b Illegal Bank Charges Recovered From One Bank (551 Views)

Ihedioha To Sign Order On TSA As Imo Uncovers 250 Accounts Operated By Okorocha / NPA Moves Against Atiku’s Intels Over TSA Policy / TSA: Nigerian Government Realises N7trillion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

TSA: N1.6b Illegal Bank Charges Recovered From One Bank by Financialwatchn: 12:25am On May 04, 2018
The total sum of N1.6billion illegal bank charges have been recovered from one of the many branches of one money deposit bank (MDB), Minister of Finance, Mrs. Kemi Adeosun told the House of Representatives on Thursday in Abuja.

Adeosun, who said the recovery was made possible by the Treasury Single Account (TSA), added that other branches of the unnamed bank would go through the same process.

According to her, the charges are illegally imposed and taken by banks as excess charges on the accounts they maintained for government agencies in the pre-TSA era.

Speaking during an investigative public hearing into the status of TSA by the Abubakar Danburam-Nuhu-led Ad-hoc Committee, Mrs. Adeosun also said another N600 million was recovered from some MDBs in continuation of the TSA policy.

She said the level and nature of the operations of the recoveries required the expertise of consultants which made the discoveries possible.

She said: “We recovered N1.6billion in just one branch of a bank. There are many other branches.

“We are looking at the many accounts holding government money before the TSA started; there is a lot.”

On the recovered N600million, Adeosun said it was recovered as part of ongoing mopping up of government funds in accounts still being traced. “We got the N600m recently, which was for charges by these banks. It was returned and we are still on it.

“The TSA had been implemented almost 100 percent by the MDAs, though there are a few accounts still outside the system were being followed up,” she said.

She also said some accounts operated by the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) and the West African Examination Council (WAEC) were exempted from the TSA because of the nature of their operations.

On the engagement of consultants for recoveries while the Office of Auditor-General of the Federation (AGF) has competent hands, the minister explained that consultants were engaged because their engagement assisted in achieving faster result.

https://www.financialwatchngr.com/2018/05/03/tsa-n1-6b-illegal-bank-charges-recovered-from-one-bank/

Mynd44, Lalasticlala, Seun

1 Like 1 Share

Re: TSA: N1.6b Illegal Bank Charges Recovered From One Bank by HtwoOw: 5:02am On May 04, 2018
Mrs Adeosun

Skyebank charged me excess money too

And they debited me without returning it

Who knows maybe you can epp ?
Re: TSA: N1.6b Illegal Bank Charges Recovered From One Bank by Okoroawusa: 5:05am On May 04, 2018
HtwoOw:
Mrs Adeosun

Skyebank charged me excess money too

And they debited me without returning it

Who knows maybe you can epp ?
You be govt?
Re: TSA: N1.6b Illegal Bank Charges Recovered From One Bank by HtwoOw: 5:12am On May 04, 2018
Okoroawusa:

You be govt?

Are you familiar with street ??

They tell you Tuale Ijoba

Ijoba = government

that means i am Ijoba .... I deserve some accolades grin grin
Re: TSA: N1.6b Illegal Bank Charges Recovered From One Bank by Okoroawusa: 5:52am On May 04, 2018
HtwoOw:

Are you familiar with street ??

They tell you Tuale Ijoba

Ijoba = government

that means i am Ijoba .... I deserve some accolades grin grin
hahahaha!

no be you I pass just now for that woman joint wey dey my bus stop.You dey take early morn sepe?
Re: TSA: N1.6b Illegal Bank Charges Recovered From One Bank by HtwoOw: 6:18pm On May 04, 2018
Okoroawusa:

hahahaha!

no be you I pass just now for that woman joint wey dey my bus stop.You dey take early morn sepe?

Bros , He fit be me , but i sure say no be me grin grin grin grin

Tuale

(1) (Reply)

Olusola-eleka Will Give Us Victory In 2018 Ekiti Governorship Election, Says PDP / Fayemi Made Mistakes, But You Can Accept His Apologies – Bamidele Begs Workers / This Transmission Table We Are Shaking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.