Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,850 members, 7,886,283 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 07:30 AM

Expect More Increase In Electricity Bill – NERC - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Expect More Increase In Electricity Bill – NERC (13611 Views)

NASS Halts Planned Hike In Electricity Tariffs / NERC Suspends Increase In Electricity Tariff Till July / Nigeria Ranks The Second Worst Country In Electricity Supply In 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Expect More Increase In Electricity Bill – NERC by CSTR1003: 10:23am On May 04, 2018
Are these people mad? angry

My current charges just increased from N7381 to N11839 naira just last month .

And I am using significantly lesser power.
Re: Expect More Increase In Electricity Bill – NERC by rainylad(f): 10:25am On May 04, 2018
Good news..its all part of the ' change' Nigeria wanted with buhari/APC
Re: Expect More Increase In Electricity Bill – NERC by Sunnymatey(m): 10:27am On May 04, 2018
Labour should be sensible enough to factor all these increment into the new national minimum wage. When it comes to tariff/taxes increment, govt ll never consider the masses ability to pay. Its only when workers asked for pay rise that they ll come up with all manner of excuses.

2 Likes

Re: Expect More Increase In Electricity Bill – NERC by faithfull18(f): 10:27am On May 04, 2018
Everybody should be given prepaid meters so that they can pay for what they use. Estimated billing is fraud.

Take a look at my signature.

3 Likes

Re: Expect More Increase In Electricity Bill – NERC by symbianDON(m): 10:28am On May 04, 2018
thunder fire everybody in this government.............government of darkness and doom angry angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Expect More Increase In Electricity Bill – NERC by LIVEBYTRUTH: 10:29am On May 04, 2018
ezekielenejeta:
Nigeria Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC) Chairman Prof. James Momoh yesterday vowed to review the prevailing electricity tariff.

Speaking with reporters after the Minister of Power, Works and Housing, Babatunde Fashola inaugurated him in Abuja, he said the commission would look into the computation of the tariff.

He said: “The tariff is not a challenge you cannot solve. It happened, you learnt something about it last week. You don’t have to relearn the same lesson today.

“You should be able to ask question–what are we going to do tomorrow to avoid the problem?. There is what you call data science in the new thinking of the world, where we collect data, you learn from the information and you predict the future. So if we don’t do that, we are wasting our time. Because you know it is going to rain tomorrow so you get your umbrella. You don’t wait until it rains before you go by umbrella.”

Momoh added: “We have no choice; we have to look at what computes a tariff. Tariff is not a guesswork. There is a calculation you do to get there.”

He said he believed in team work for quick wins, adding that some of the quick wins should be what the commission could do in terms of estimated billings and how to ensure that it gets enough data to convince customers to pay for the power they use.

Momoh said: “If we remain the same, and we remain static, and we are not solving real problem, we will just be doing fire brigade promise. The GenCos will always tell you there is a blackout without knowing why.

“You are going to ask question why. I know why, because I know the Mathematics behind it, I know the Physics behind it. I know also the Economics behind it. If we are able to teach people to know why things go wrong, perhaps, we learn from our mistakes,” he said.

Momoh, who said the industry should anticipate problems, insisted that “we look back, we use lessons of yesterday to solve tomorrow’s problem.”

Earlier, Fashola said observers would admit that power supply has increased since 2015, submitting that “without a doubt, we have increased generation to 7000Mw, increasing the transmission to over 7,000Mw, and increasing the distribution from 2,690 to average of 4,900 or 5,000.”

He said the electricity market has a capacity of 2,000Mw that has been stranded, which the ministry is working to distribute before this year end.

According to him, the NESI has a new stock of 459Mw underway from Azura that has notified him on the completion of its plant and its readiness to commence operation.

Momoh said the sector is expecting another 240Mw from Afam and another 215Mw from Kaduna. Besides, he noted that the market is also expecting power from Kashimbilla, “but the distribution end is where our challenge lies.”

Fashola said the mini-grid regulation has started yielding results, and the ministry is already seeing the impacts in the market.

He said this year, markets such as Suru in Lagos, Sabon Gari in Kano, Ariria in Aba, and some other markets are going to be energised.

Fashola noted that since the completion of the privatisation of the sector, the size of the ministry has shrunk from the previous staff strength of the 50,000 to less than 1,000.

https://www.financialwatchngr.com/2018/05/04/expect-more-increase-in-electricity-bill-nerc/

It is never a surprise issue, Nigeria is the only country where people happily pay for DARKNESS, Dubai was developed with $20 billion ,but Nigeria have sunk more than that amount on the electricity only producing DARKNESS. Faulshola ,a lawyer by profession is the minister for power and energy, what a country? no one gives what he doesn't have. Every administration only focus on how to continue in power than improving the welfare of the citizens. Sorry for the country.

1 Like

Re: Expect More Increase In Electricity Bill – NERC by chrisxxx(m): 10:29am On May 04, 2018
Hike in electric bill and supply are in inverse relationship in Nigeria.
Re: Expect More Increase In Electricity Bill – NERC by Nobody: 10:31am On May 04, 2018
We will destroy Nigeria with the truth....
.... Somalia will be better than it....
. NK 2015.
It is happening before our very eyes.
I feel NK may have used riddles to pass the message... They waited for a physical fight... But psychological war was going on.
Suddenly food basket of the nation is being attacked and agricultural deal is signed by USA and Nigeria.
Suddenly terrorists bring back captives in broad day light.
Suddenly NEPAL BILL is increased 3 times
Suddenly no court order is obeyed
Somalia is indeed becoming a paradise compared to Nigeria under the Saint.
Ndigbo na ekwu si..
A tuoro omara, omara. A tuoro ofeke, o fenye ishi n'ohia.
NK STILL DESERVES SOME ACCOLADES.
WHITER THAN WHITE
WHITER THAN SNOW.
Nsala day 2019 ga adị kpọ kpọọ
Ọma na ndụ ele ụmụnne m
Udo X chi

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Expect More Increase In Electricity Bill – NERC by Ediomihenry(f): 10:31am On May 04, 2018
When God said 'let d be light' believe me Nigeria was not included. This country is a shithole

1 Like

Re: Expect More Increase In Electricity Bill – NERC by Teenaira: 10:39am On May 04, 2018
rusher14:
For me, I have no problem with increased cost of electricity provided it is prepaid and only on what is consumed.

My brother, you are absolutely right. what they do currently is to supply people with prepaid meters light and they pay for only what they use. However, for those unfortunate not to have are supplied with adequate darkness and they pay for what they don't use. I doubt if installing prepaid meters is space science. This meters are available and not as costly as they want to make us believe.

They should increase the rate to whatever they want but they should please install these prepaid meters so that this estimated billing method they are using to steal our money will stop
Re: Expect More Increase In Electricity Bill – NERC by Sexina851(f): 10:43am On May 04, 2018
Debazent:
What is all this for God sake.
With improvement in electricity in my area,I still believe they are over charging not to even talk of increasing it,what is this country turning into.

My brother that's how they would keep choking us, until we make a drastic reaction. Am afraid this is just the beginning
Re: Expect More Increase In Electricity Bill – NERC by georgedaniel01(m): 10:44am On May 04, 2018
Prof James Momoh should stop deceiving the public.

The operating cost of these power plants should be proportional to the unit charge on consumers.

Gas turbines can assure Nigerians Gigawatts of electricity at a very low operating cost with us paying very little per unit charge, but they (FG) prefer to align with Generator importers to flare billions of cubic feet of gas. Their gimmick is mediocre!

1 Like

Re: Expect More Increase In Electricity Bill – NERC by Gudybay(m): 10:46am On May 04, 2018
Again!!!
Re: Expect More Increase In Electricity Bill – NERC by StaffofOrayan(m): 10:54am On May 04, 2018
In our lifetime we are seening Somalia, Rwanda and Angola start to rebuild, Nigeria on the other hand more people are falling into poverty daily.
67% of Nigerians live below the poverty line, PDP or APC can't and won't change it. It's obvious by now,
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/01/67-nigerians-live-poverty-line-presidential-aide/
VOTE FOR SOMETHING DIFFERENT YOU STUPID BASSTTARDS
Re: Expect More Increase In Electricity Bill – NERC by Automatic3444(m): 10:59am On May 04, 2018
the media should pls help. This is too bad, this government is a bouch of failures all what they know is increase and making life miserable for us
Re: Expect More Increase In Electricity Bill – NERC by onyxo76(m): 11:00am On May 04, 2018
i bought 6k worth of energy since April 6th ,i still have over 3k left no thanks to poor power supply in April, if only solar panels were affordable, we would done away with these people a long time ago.
Re: Expect More Increase In Electricity Bill – NERC by tosinet(m): 11:03am On May 04, 2018
With all these increments, I hope the minimum wage will accommodate all these expences;

Rent
Electricity
Water
Gas
Security
Tax
Area Development Levies
Internet
Cable
Food
Clothing
Children School fee etc
Re: Expect More Increase In Electricity Bill – NERC by wiloy2k8(m): 11:03am On May 04, 2018
Fordzx:
Get this quality Spy Recording Eyeglass.This Eyeglass can video,audio and can snap pictures secretly without no one knowing. The glass can be use for crime investigation, business negotiations, secret recording ,evidence for court. Price is #15.000. To buy pls call the phone number below. Pay on delivery is available to all states in Nigeria.,

This thing for Konga na 8k
Re: Expect More Increase In Electricity Bill – NERC by tosinet(m): 11:10am On May 04, 2018
onyxo76:
i bought 6k worth of energy since April 6th ,i still have over 3k left no thanks to poor power supply in April, if only solar panels were affordable, we would done away with these people a long time ago.

But wait o, why is there no single solar panel manufacturer in Nigeria? This is the main reason the panels are expensive because of the cost of shipping them down to Nigeria
Re: Expect More Increase In Electricity Bill – NERC by Nathdoug(m): 11:13am On May 04, 2018
Sunnymatey:
Labour should be sensible enough to factor all these increment into the new national minimum wage. When it comes to tariff/taxes increment, govt ll never consider the masses ability to pay. Its only when workers asked for pay rise that they ll come up with all manner of excuses.
the labour has been compromised by this APC led administration... they no longer stand as one
I'm so sorry Nigeria is a shithole
Re: Expect More Increase In Electricity Bill – NERC by Jabioro: 11:21am On May 04, 2018
Excess (grammar) talks (breeds) bring trouble..what is what doing must be do well,go and ask your predecessors.You have started wrongly without even resuming..Give me uninterrupted service and you shall have my back.Learn from MTN how she captured Nigeria GSM subcribers...
Re: Expect More Increase In Electricity Bill – NERC by jodienet: 11:24am On May 04, 2018
Nathdoug:
the labour has been compromised by this APC led administration... they no longer stand as one
I'm so sorry Nigeria is a shithole[/quote
[quote author=Sunnymatey post=67270498]Labour should be sensible enough to factor all these increment into the new national minimum wage. When it comes to tariff/taxes increment, govt ll never consider the masses ability to pay. Its only when workers asked for pay rise that they ll come up with all manner of excuses.

It is the ministry of labour that should have the duty of overseeing anything wages in the country like the developed world. From unskilled labour like cleaners, helpers, labourers etc to the presidency. All employment contracts should have some standards it must conform to.
In the determination of wages, extensive calculations should have been made that even the lowest earners will be able to live with necessary utilities.
Re: Expect More Increase In Electricity Bill – NERC by ezenna191(m): 11:30am On May 04, 2018
NERC does no other thing but to increase electricity terriff
Re: Expect More Increase In Electricity Bill – NERC by Evangdanyno2017(m): 11:37am On May 04, 2018
when the tarriff is increased what would be the effect on the energy supply. for the past two days there no power supply in my area. how will some one pay for what he has not consumed. nigeria is a country where only foreign angel could survived. no plan, policy, program, and projection toward solving the problems of power but their eyed is on how to suck a poor man of his little income he got from farm work.
Re: Expect More Increase In Electricity Bill – NERC by dadebayo1(m): 11:38am On May 04, 2018
Bunch of demons..... Despite the fact they increased the tariff secretly last year.. God shall deal with them all ....
Re: Expect More Increase In Electricity Bill – NERC by Criticised: 11:38am On May 04, 2018
Please naija forget about the useless, lazy people we called govt. Just try and generate your own power through solar system and make your life enjoyable
Re: Expect More Increase In Electricity Bill – NERC by Nobody: 11:50am On May 04, 2018
2015 - Sai Baba.
2016 - Chai Baba.
2017 - Kai Baba.
2018 - Why Baba.
2019 - Bye Baba.
Re: Expect More Increase In Electricity Bill – NERC by Nobody: 12:03pm On May 04, 2018
why wont the generator industry thrive in nigeria, when these buffons run the power sector, gen is the best at least you can control your expenses.
Re: Expect More Increase In Electricity Bill – NERC by smartolala(m): 12:16pm On May 04, 2018
Oga shun grammer,decentralized the control station,allow gencos below 50Mw,adopte distributed generation and introduce several tariff options
Re: Expect More Increase In Electricity Bill – NERC by Rexnegro(m): 12:19pm On May 04, 2018
Patosky4U:
Abeg na Somalia i will just enter....this country self don tire me
I swear anywhere go better it Burundi o Malawi o etc , naija no be place to stay at all if u no like stress
Re: Expect More Increase In Electricity Bill – NERC by desmond2pk: 12:33pm On May 04, 2018
Some people are better as opposition. Apc and its criminal followers like tunde bakare would have been in the street protesting against old government
Re: Expect More Increase In Electricity Bill – NERC by nkul: 1:11pm On May 04, 2018
this clueless people keep making life unbearable for the masses

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2019: I'm All Out For Free And Fair Election - Buhari Assures Theresa May / "Boko-Haram Sect Are Resilient Warriors" - JTF Personnel / FG May Reverse Fuel Pump Price To N160 Per Litre, Negotiations Continue Dec 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.